Catching up with Denise

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Leave those, I'll do them later." Denise had seen what I was up to.

"No, I'll do them, it's no drama. There is a bit of a mess and people are going. If I get them done now you won't have to do them later."

"Wow you really have grown up! I remember a time when your mother couldn't even pay you pocket money to do the dishes. Here, I will help you dry." She took a tea towel and started drying a glass.

"Don't worry about it Denise, I will do it. You have guests out there still." I gestured towards the courtyard.

Denise leaned over and whispered in my ear like she was divulging a great secret. "But I am trying to escape from Terry and Phil out there. They get a whiff of a newly single girl and they are like dogs after a bitch on heat!" It was the first time she had even mentioned her recently single status and I was surprised about her 'bitch on heat' analogy. I smelled her faint perfume though and I thought that if the circumstance was right I think I would like to have a crack at Denise. There was an unfulfilled boyhood fantasy you know. Denise and I chatted while we did the dishes and for the first time she asked me about what had happened between Karen and me.

"I hope you don't think I am prying, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but what happened between you and your wife?"

"It's okay, I am not that cut up about it anymore and am getting over it. She and I couldn't have a baby. We tried and tried and it never happened. Things got stressful, we fought, I don't know, she and I just came apart. We tried to keep things going but I am not sure what happened really. I felt she became obsessed with the whole thing."

"Do you still talk?" she asked.

"Sometimes. The romance had gone though. We tried to rekindle but it wasn't happening. I loved her but she and I couldn't get it to work. We are going to divorce."

"You tried though. You and she put up a fight for it?" This was more a question.

"Yes we did. The spark just didn't reignite. Recently she told me she had met someone. It sucks."

"Yes that does suck. At least you two gave it a shot. At least you didn't walk out on her." For the first time Denise sounded a little bitter. I guess she disserved to be.

"Yes we gave it a shot." I didn't want to really continue this conversation but for a moment Denise looked a little sad. "So is everything really okay with you? Are you coping?"

She looked at me and smiled at my concern. "I'm okay. It has been a hard 18 months but I am a lot happier now. I am closer to mother and brother up here. Dean and Siân and their families are staying in Melbourne but they will visit from time to time. I needed to come back here. It's where I belong."

We chatted some more and soon after, my mum came in and relieved Denise of the drying duties so she could continue to entertain her guests. Denise smiled at me and said, "We can finish our conversation later."

"What were you two talking about?" asked my mum, hoping for some gossip.

"Nothing serious, just swapping divorce stories."

"Doesn't sound like a very fun conversation." mum observed.

Late in the afternoon, the few remaining guests including my parents and I, farewelled Denise.

She gave me a big hug and I told her if she needs any help or some company just let me know.

"All the fellas have said that to me today! I feel so popular." She winked at me. "But none of them are as handsome as you. I might just take you up on the offer."

"Ha ha!" I laughed. "Well you have my number and email so feel free." I didn't really expect for her to contact me much but it would be nice to chat with her. And then in the back of my mind there was that old boyhood fantasy too. Sure, she was in her late 50s, but wow she had really looked after herself!

---------------------------------------------------------

It was a couple of days later that I received an email from Denise. She thanked me for helping out at her BBQ and how nice it was to catch up with me. Then she mentioned she had been given two tickets to see a movie in a Gold Class cinema and would I like to join her the following Saturday night? My heart raced a little. This sounds like a date! I let my mind wander to all the possibilities for a minute. Then I settled down and decided this is just a nice gesture. But of course my mind went wild with the possibilities! And each possibility had but one outcome...

I replied that I would love to join her.

That Saturday evening I drove to Denise's place to pick her up. We were going to see 'Cowboys and Aliens.' Denise had mentioned to me that she was a big fan of Harrison Ford. I remember that she used to watch Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies with Dean and me when we were children. So she likes a bit of action, I thought with a smile. Denise greeted me at the door with her warm smile. She had dressed up a little, with a pretty red dress and a hint of makeup. She looked stunning and if I didn't know her real age I would have thought she was in her early 40s.

"Who is this handsome man calling on me?" she flirted.

I smiled back, a little lost for words. "You look lovely Denise," was all I could muster. That boyhood fantasy stirred in my mind. And perhaps in my trousers too.

"Thank you, one must look nice when going to a fancy 'gold class' cinema." She smiled. Neither of us had been to a gold class cinema and I think we both thought it was going to be fancier than it really was.

The movie was a lot of fun, though we both were a little over dressed for the occasion. We shared a plate of cheese and dip, while Denise had a white wine and I had a beer. After the movie we both agreed we would only do that again if the tickets were free, just like on this occasion.

"It's still quite early," I said. "Would you like to go for a bit of a drive?"

"That sounds like a lovely idea."

I was trying to make this night as romantic as possible without being too obvious. I just wanted to see where things went. I didn't really expect to end up in the bedroom with Denise but one never knows what will happen. We drove up the hill that overlooks the city and reached the lookout at the summit.

'I haven't been up here for about 25 years!" Denise said. "The city looks so much prettier these days though!"

It was such a beautiful night. We were surrounded by young couples who had come up to look at the view. It was such a romantic location. Weddings were often held there. Denise jumped up onto a low retaining wall and started walking along the top, her arms spread out for balance. One of the lookout lights was located on a pole behind her and she was just a silhouette as she walked along the top with her arms out each side. This had a gorgeous effect that made it look like light was radiating from Denise. Her dress hugged her figure well and accentuated her breasts. One could not make out her features because her face was in shadow, and anyone looking at her would think she was in her 20s, not late 50s! I looked up at her and smiled. She smiled back and looked so young and happy.

"Would you help me down please?" she offered her hand. I took Denise's hand and steadied her as she hopped down.

We stayed briefly to look at the twinkling lights of the sprawling city. It was late winter and a cold breeze blew gently across our faces. Snippets of conversations from other couples floated in the air around us. Nearby a young couple were sharing a passionate kiss. I wanted to kiss Denise too. But I didn't know if she would like that. The last thing I wanted to do was ruin the night. So I didn't kiss her. A moment lost?

I saw her wrap her arms around her a little. "Are you cold?" I asked?

"I am a bit chilly," She said.

I drove Denise home. She was bubbly and smiling the whole time.

"That was the most lovely night I have had in many years!" she said as we arrived at her place. "I haven't said 'lovely' so much in years either! You are so lovely. Thank you." When Denise smiled at me my heart skipped a beat. I should just take a chance and kiss her, I thought. But I held back. A kiss would sure make the night lovelier for me, but I wasn't sure if it would for Denise.

"I had a great night too. We must do it again sometime." I smiled back at her.

"It's a deal!" She hesitated briefly, as if expecting more, or perhaps weighing up whether she should invite me in, but then she just said, "Have a good night then," and got out of the car and walked to her door. I waited for her to open the door to make sure she was safe. As she entered her house, she turned, smiled and waved. I waved back and then she closed the door.

I couldn't get that night out of my mind for over a week. I wondered if I should have kissed her. Did I miss my only chance to fulfil my boyhood fantasy? Had she been expecting me too? And was I more than just wanting to fulfil that fantasy now? Maybe there was more? I wanted to call Denise. Would it be too soon though? Was it a real date? She hasn't contacted me by phone or email? Does she not want to speak to me? I am the man, it should be me that contacts her! I was like a young man who had just had a first date and wanted to appear casual while really wanting nothing more than to call her as soon as possible! In the end I laughed at myself. I was busy with work and a few other things anyhow, so I didn't have a lot of time to go around dating beautiful older women! But you make time when you want something...

---------------------------------------------------------

I was not free for the next two weekends anyhow. A week night would be better for me but week nights are early nights. Sacrifices have to be made though. I waited over a week before I contacted Denise. I had no real plan. I just thought I would call and see how she was. We ended up talking for two hours. We talked about various things such as current events, politics, some religion, a bit of art, all things I never thought she would be into. She told me she had a degree in business, which I had not known about her, and that she had just got a job working in the human resources section of a local company. Then she divulged her story of how her marriage ended. I didn't really ask. I think she just wanted to talk. She told me how, in the lead up to Craig's retirement, he had been spending more and more time out after work. Not that much changed at home though. But there was less and less intimacy. Then just after Craig retired he dropped the bombshell that he had been seeing another woman for the past year and was leaving Denise for her. She told me how her world just came apart. I comforted her and told her that, even though my situation was not quite the same, I understood a little how she felt. Denise then said we should change the subject and talk about happier times. We reminisced a little about family trips, but those always involved Craig in much happier times for her. She talked about exercise and asked if I know a good gym? At some stage I had told her I rode my pushbike to and from work each day and that I went to the gym at least twice a week, so she knew I kept fit. She didn't jog much these days but still walked a lot. She had begun swimming at a local pool but because it was winter she found it hard to motivate herself. I told her I tried to get out and walk a bit too and asked her if she would like company on her walks sometimes? She said that sounds like a good idea. She got my address off me and we agreed to try to walk the following night.

---------------------------------------------------------

Denise lives approximately five kilometres from my place and we agreed to meet half way. We had no plan of where to walk but ended up down by the river, which was closer to my place than hers. She was more appropriately dressed for the occasion this time, in tracksuit and running shoes. It was a little chilly but still quite pleasant. We walked for an hour but we realised it was around 7:30 pm and neither of us had had dinner. We were closer to my place and I suggested to Denise that I could make us both some dinner and then drive her home. She agreed that would be a lovely idea! Honestly, I had not planned it this way!

My place is a two bedroom unit. I used to share it with Karen but she moved out when we separated. Karen and I were yet to really negotiate what would happen to the place with the divorce and all but she had been quite reasonable and suggested that since I had bought it and paid most of the mortgage it was really mine. The building was designed and built in the 1970s but the previous owner had modernised the interior so it wasn't too bad. Denise made herself at home on the couch while I got to cooking. I handed her a red wine while she waited and I laughed how odd she looked in a tracksuit holding a glass of red. She laughed too. I smiled. I put on some music but kept the volume soft. As I cooked up a very simple pasta dish, Denise got up and had a look around my unit. I watched her as she picked up a few photographs and studied them. One was of Karen and me in much happier times. I had removed all other photos of her but I had left this one particular photo for some sentimental reason.

"Is this your ex-wife?" Denise asked.

"Yeah, thats her. That was taken not long after she and I first got together."

"She is very pretty. You are handsome too. You both look so happy." Denise's voice faltered and trailed off, as if had she suddenly caught herself, perhaps worried she would bring up sad memories for me. She put the photo down.

"She is. She is gorgeous," was all I could reply.

We ate from the comforts of the lounge chair using trays instead of the dining table. We were sitting in the L part of the lounge so we could see each other while we chat and ate. We both took our socks and shoes off and propped our feet up on the edge of the coffee table so we could sit back and relax. Afterwards, we sat the trays down on the coffee table and continued to chat. I glanced at the clock and realised it was getting late and I should take Denise home. Yet I did not want to break the spell. I was chatting to a beautiful woman in my lounge room. We seemed to have each other's undivided attention. I was briefly aware of the music playing softly from the stereo. Denise was smiling her broad smile. At some point she shifted her feet on the coffee table and her left foot brushed my right foot. A powerful electric current ran up my leg. She left her foot gently up against mine. I looked for a tell tale sign in her face that she was coming onto me but nothing in the conversation or her facial expression changed. I decided to take a little risk. Without taking my eyes from hers, I pressed my right foot gently into her left foot. I felt the ever so subtle pressure as she pushed back a little. Her smile broadened ever so slightly. My heart beat a little faster. This was exciting!

I shifted my body a little and moved in closer. My foot deliberately caressed hers as I did. She rubbed her foot gently down mine. I smiled. She smiled. The gap between our bodies was not so great now. Denise took her feet off the coffee table and put them on the floor, lent forward and put her wine glass down on the table. She shuffled a little to her left, closing the gap between us. She turned her head towards mine. My heart skipped a beat. Our faces were close. I looked into her large brown eyes. They appeared to twinkle. She slowly moved her face towards mine. I started to slowly move my face towards hers. She closed her eyes. I tilted my head slightly and closed my eyes. Our lips gently came into contact. I opened my mouth a little. Denise and my first kiss was gentle and sweet. My heart beat even faster. I took her left hand and raised it to my chest, putting her palm over my thumping heart.

After what seemed an age we both pulled back a little. We said nothing to each other. There were no more unsaid questions and nothing really needed to be said. We both knew where we stood with each other. We shifted a little on the lounge chair to get more comfortable. Then we kissed again. Our kisses became more passionate. Our tongues met and gently caressed each other. We were both like teenagers, just pashing on the lounge. I held her hand in mine and she squeezed it. With my left hand I started caressing Denise's right thigh. At one point I pushed my body against Denise's and she pushed back. My hand went from her thigh to her waist. We kissed passionately for some time.

For another brief moment we broke our kiss. She looked into my eyes and I into hers. I couldn't help myself and said in a soft but firm voice, "You are such a beautiful woman Denise. I want to make passionate love with you."

For a second her big brown eyes just bored into mine. And then she smiled, "You are a handsome and very sweet man and I want to make love with you too."

I smiled back, "Well it's decided then." Despite my full erection I stood and offered her my hand and she took it and stood. She was a full head shorter than I and leant my face down to hers and we kissed. I disengaged the kiss and stepped back a little, still holding her hand, and facing her without breaking eye contact, I started to lead Denise Kelly towards my bedroom. Once in my room I turned the lights on to the dimmest setting. Denise and I sat on my bed. We started kissing again. Passionate, but gentle kisses. I caressed her leg and slowly moved my hand up to her waist. Her hands roamed around my bum. I raised my right hand slowly under her tracksuit top and up her body, gently cupping it over her left breast. She was wearing a sports bra but I massaged her breast through that. We spent the next five or so minutes just kissing and exploring each other's bodies with our hands. At no time did she touch my erection and nor did I move my hands into her pants. We had an unspoken agreement to go slow.

I kissed Denise gently on her neck near her ear and whispered, "Would you like me to give you a bit of a show?"

"That sounds like a nice idea, yes, I would love for a little show." She whispered back.

I disengaged my hands and lips and slowly stood in front of her as she sat on the bed. She looked at me and giggled a little. I looked into her eyes, smiled and started to undress for her. Soon I was dropping my pants and my erection stood hard, proud, front and centre, just for Denise. I stepped a little closer and she gently reached out and touched my hard penis. At first she caressed it gently with her finger tips, from the head to the base.

Then she looked up into my eyes. "I haven't done this in quite a long time. I hope you enjoy me."

I smiled back. "You are such a beautiful woman. I enjoy every moment we spend together."

She smiled her broad smile at me. Then she leant forward and softly kissed the end of my rock hard cock. Her lips wrapped around the head and her tongue played with the underside of my shaft. The pleasure was out of this world! I stood there and she sucked firmly and gently. She wrapped her hands around my waist and then she grabbed my buttocks. I looked down on her and gently caressed her short brown hair. The sensation was amazing. But I knew that this way would take me a long time for me to come, and I wanted to make passionate love with Denise, not just have her suck me off.

I let my hands find hers around my behind and took them in mine, bringing them to my sides while pulling away from Denise just a little. She sucked right up my shaft and paused briefly on the head, giving it one last lick and kiss before letting me go. I gently sat beside Denise again.

"That was a nice show," she said. "You have a very nice body too. I hope you are not disappointed in my old body."

"Oh I won't be disappointed. You look spectacular! I would like to help you undress."

"So you don't want the same show you gave me?" she said with a giggle.

I kissed her shoulder and breathed into her ear, "You blow my mind. I want to see your beautiful body."