Charlie Ch. 25-28

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I didn't even know she was going to be playing in concert!" she breathed as she jumped from the jeep.

"That's why it was a surprise," he replied while they made their way through the courtyard of the apartment complex. Moving onto Nathan's balcony, she plopped into the chair next to his door. Charlie had fetched a cigarette and lighter from her purse.

"That has to be the best surprise of all time! How did you know she was playing?"

"A little birdie told me about a concert series called 'one night stands.' I checked it out online and picked up the tickets at the venue as soon as I got back in town this afternoon."

Charlie flashed another of her brilliant grins. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

"Does this mean I am out of the dog house now?" Nathan asked as he kicked off his shoes and tossed them to basket by the door.

Charlie's demeanor automatically shifted from an excited comfortability to one of tense uncertainty. "You weren't in the dog house," she responded quietly.

Charlie pulled her knees up to her chest and rocked back and forth as she smoked. It has been an amazing evening. No one had ever given her that kind of surprise before. Then again, nobody had ever really cared enough to do something like that. Nobody except Nathan. Her heart began to flitter ever so slightly as she thought back to the kiss he had given her a week ago. Besides the flitter in her heart, she felt a strange pulling and warming sensation in her core. It was that moment that different thoughts started to enter her mind.

She let her eyes drift over to Nathan and his half-sitting perch on the balcony's railing. She noticed Nathan in a different way. Yeah, she knew he was handsome; she had seen other girls fall over themselves at the bar to talk to him. She knew he had a great heart and was kind. He was never mean to anyone. Even when he was breaking up with a girlfriend here and there, it always amazed Charlie how the girls would often leave smiling after he had told them goodbye. He looked handsome with his mussed up hair style. His loose Henley shirt still gave the outline of his chest underneath. The rolled cuffs of the shirt showed off the muscle definition and strength in his forearms. His legs looked good in a pair of old, worn jeans. The sensation within her core began to grow; it made her slightly uncomfortable. She shook her head and kept reminding herself that this was Nathan. Yet, her eyes couldn't keep from looking back at him.

"Well, kiddo. I am going to call it a night. After the drive today and your screeching throughout the concert, I am worn out." He gave a small yawn and stretch. Charlie deposited her cigarette butt in a small can that he left on his porch specifically for her. Shifting to drop her legs back on the ground, she didn't know how Nathan had moved that quickly, but he was suddenly in front of her. His hand outstretched to offer her help out of the chair. She willingly took it to pull herself up.

Again, it was that moment of no personal space. Charlie was very aware of the position of her body in comparison to his. The pounding of her blood in her veins gave away her excitement. She felt very flushed. If she lifted her hands a couple inches, they could rest on his hips. If she tilted her head back, she could engage him with a kiss. Without hesitation, Nathan pulled her into a hug. His arms wrapped around her back, and he laid his chin on the top of her head. Charlie took that moment to inhale his scent, the combination of soap and laundry. The same scent she found so relaxing on so many Chinese comfy movie nights. While it had been relaxing then, it was more erotic now. A picture of her wearing one of his shirts and smelling him on her all day flashed through her mind.

She wound her hands around his back as well. However, instead of the normal, friendly squeeze or patting, Charlie slid her hands under the edge of his shirt. She splayed her hands across the muscles of his back. Instantly, Nathan tensed, holding her that much more tenderly. She leaned into him, running her hands in circles smoothly across his skin. Every now and then, she curled her hands and allowed her nails to meet lightly bite into his skin. She heard him inhale sharply.

"Charlie?" he asked in a huskier voice.

"Yes?" she answered continuing to draw imaginary pictures on his back with her hands and nails.

"Whatcha doing?"

Charlie leaned back from the full hug, but she did not remove her hands from his back. Now, she was able to see his eyes. It was difficult to read his eyes like this. It was something that she had never really seen before. It only took a moment for her brain to catch up with the moment. There was definitely a look of lust in his eyes.

"I'm going to kiss you now," she said as she brought her lips to his.

12