Chasing Cerise Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Etaski
Etaski
2,949 Followers

She smiled tiredly, deciding just to take that one at face value. "Thanks, Chase."

He softened and flowed back out of her then, and she sucked in air at the sudden tenderness in her ass and the swelling in her pussy. Yeah, that hurt.

Chase reformed as a tired-looking human male next to her. His skin rippled in excited circles, his version of gasping she guessed.

"I'm sorry that I injured you," he said. "The multiple somatic rushes you had...you triggered an escalated reaction in me. If I had muscles, I'd be aching tomorrow."

She herself was much sorer than she'd intended to get, but she knew she'd be okay. Nonetheless, she made sure to sit on her hip rather than square on her butt.

"It's okay. Afterglow's still there." She leaned to kiss him back. Now he tasted less like chocolate and more like cinnamon. With a surreptitious rub to her backside, she added, "That was a hell of a reaction."

He smiled and trembled more, part exhaustion and part distress for having burned so much energy in a few minutes.

"I think I ruptured a membrane," he said almost proudly then raised a hand so she could see.

Less than an inch long, it oozed a clear, thick liquid from solid mass, as if someone had squeezed gel lube into an incision made in a soft candle. There was no guarantee that the tear had been on his "hand" when it happened, though.

"Oo, ouch," she said, though she studied the open tear with more curiosity than real empathy. Sadly that was probably because it wasn't red. "Does it hurt?"

"I can tell I have damage, so that might count," he replied. "It'll heal in a few minutes."

He shuffled and stretched to reach for his satchel that was at the foot of the couch. Cerise watched him consume his remaining bottle of electrolytes in addition to more of his paste. It didn't rejuvenate him as much as the first bout had but he did look better.

"I'm glad you were willing to trust me," he said. "Even knowing what my capabilities are, you were willing. I haven't had an experience like this in a long time."

Cerise blushed with a kind of modest pride. "I'm glad. Really, Chase. Thanks for doing it the way you did. You were right, you are a tremendous amount of fun. I'm glad you flirted with me and that I could call you tonight."

Chase smiled. "I do hope you call me again. I would enjoy it. I'm also discreet and won't tell anyone about this."

She looked surprised, her eyebrows lifting gently. "Uh...you wouldn't?"

The Vevaphon shook his head. "No. Despite being an artificial lifeform, I do know indiscriminately bragging to others about it would do you harm." He leaned back and offered to let her lean against him.

She smiled, looking down briefly before accepting the post-sex cuddle. "Well, I had already decided I was willing to risk that when I called you. But...yeah, I'm glad you understand it could make things awkward between me and several people you work with. Lynn knows me well enough to figure I'd try your number sometime, but she'd shrug and just wouldn't want to hear any details. As long as I had fun, it's good." She grinned. "And I did have fun."

He tilted his head as he listened to her talk. One of his "hands" was still resting on her diaphragm and she realized he was feeling her voice as much as listening to it.

"And there's also Thom Jagger," he added with an impish look. "I do not want to give my Lead a reason to make my life rougher."

Cerise laughed out loud at that one. "Yeah...I can see how he certainly could."

"I wish he were open to experimentation," he mused. "I would love to have both of you at the same time. Maybe Lynn, too! Wouldn't that be a party! Oh look, I have an erection!"

He snickered as a twenty-inch appendage rose up, and at Cerise's nearly bugging eyes and slack jaw, he retracted the joke with an out-and-out laugh.

Recovering with a huff, Cerise tut-tutted. "Now just look at all that wasted real estate." Then she looked at him, curious. "So...you like Thom's taste, then? Could you describe why?"

The Vevaphon thought about it, trying to translate taste into words. "He tastes strong,,. musky... male, like you are female. I like that about him. I'd imagine he's passionate in bed."

That stirred certain recent memories. She felt a bit of heat in her face and she nodded. "Ah. Okay."

The Vevaphon settled in with a larger grin, watching her intently. "So, details?" he asked. "Anything you want to share?"

Cerise snapped her head up to look at him. "Mm, what, about the Inspector?"

He grinned maniacally and nodded way too eagerly.

"Come on, he'd be mortified if he heard I blabbed!" she protested. "What was that part you were saying a moment ago about being discreet?"

"Oh yes. Nuts," he replied, looking like he'd slump down into a pout if he had a spine capable of poor posture. "Just testing."

She smiled indulgently. "I could suggest maybe trusting your own senses instead."

The Vev was clever enough to get the hint and he brightened, seeming to relax back with a pleased grin on his face. "Mmmm, so the taste doesn't lie," he purred.

"Good to be able to trust what your senses tell you, I suppose." She smirked, recalling how her own senses were fooled in the hallway. "You're a pretty disturbing mimic, by the way."

Chase snickered, following her train of thought and going a step further. "Yes, I can probably mimic you in the throes of orgasm now, perhaps as a way to distract a perp."

Her eyes grew bigger at that one.

"But won't," he added quickly. "Specifically because it could distract my Lead far too much to be a good idea."

"Thank goodness!"

"Although it would be funny."

For the second time in a minute, Cerise felt her face blush hot. "Yeah. Your mimicking his voice in the hallway earlier really threw me for a loop."

"I love doing that. It's so effective at throwing prey off, especially if we've done surveillance and have previous voice samples." Chase shifted and looked very proud of himself. "I'm learning to synthesize voices too, to take what I've heard and reassemble them as needed rather than just repeat exactly."

Her brows rose. "Really? That sounds complicated."

He shook his head. "No, I think it would be like singing if I had vocal chords." He looked away and focused for a moment. "Oh, how I liked fucking you," he said in Cerise's own voice, but a bit rough on some of the pronunciation.

She blinked in surprise then laughed.

Chase shrugged. "In time I'll get it," he said in his "default" voice.

"Wow, not bad! I see what you mean...I never actually said that. But thanks. And I liked fucking you, too."

Chase looked nearly evil just before he tried something a bit more provocative.

"Oh...Cerise!" he said in Lynn's voice. "Harder!"

"Oh Lynn, jeez fuck! Yes!!" he said in Cerise's voice.

Cerise's face went bright red and she put a hand to her forehead. "Oh, hell. Wow, I think I'm too auditory for my own good..."

"No, no, I love vocal partners," he said. "If you were being quiet, I'd just have to try harder!"

Cerise chuckled, still red-faced. "No...I mean I also responded physically to those sounds. Sheesh."

He gave her a wicked grin. "I know, I could taste it. It's a nice, hot cycle."

"Interesting way to put it."

Interesting, too, that portions of his torso were "kissing" her back and spine, tasting her even as they cuddled.

"Um...have you ever heard Lynn make such sounds somehow or did you synthesize them as a good guess?"

He laughed and shook his head. "Hell, no, I've never heard them. The closest I've heard is when she's laughing or has just had a good piece of chocolate. I extrapolated from there and, yes, she'd kill me if she knew I could do that."

Cerise enjoyed a good, hearty laugh. "Ah-ha! Blackmail! If I turned red hearing that sound come from you, she'd turn vermillion! Nice extrapolation, though...I would have no idea what she actually sounds like, but a chocolate-hum-laugh combination is as a better guess than most."

Chase tilted his head. "I've scented you around her," he said. "Definitely some attraction coming from you so I guess she's your type?"

Cerise gave him a wry smile. "Well...yes and no. Looks and scent? Yeah. Frame of mind? No. Too exclusive for me, even if we didn't work together. Would be awkward."

He shook his head. "Too bad she's not bi and open minded -- the fun we could have!"

The Vev sure was happy-go-lucky in his afterglow.

"Maybe you could break her?" he teased.

Cerise looked a bit confused. "Break her? What, of the exclusive cling, or..."

He shook his head. "No, out of her limitations," he said. "You know, 'take her,' encourage her to bat for the other team."

"Oh! Break her out." She pursed her lips a bit. "Sure, I'd like to...seduce her if she wanted it. But...she wouldn't want it." She shrugged helplessly.

The Vev snorted, a low echoing chup sound. "Never mind, it was a dumb idea anyway," he said. "She only plays for one team and then not very often from what I hear. Nah, bad idea. You don't want to get mind-fucked like the last guy who messed with her."

Mind-fucked?

"And that's before the Inspector and I got ahold of him," he added, his grin just a bit too wide for his face.

"Well, that's just plain fucked, isn't it?"

Chase shrugged attempting nonchalance. "Oh, it wasn't that bad. Jagger only hit him once."

To illustrate, Chase's head flattened and bulged so that the face contoured backwards and was sticking from the back of the head.

Cerise laughed loud at the flexing, off-the-wall face. "God! You're silly putty!"

Still chortling in a very odd, rustling sound, his head soon returned to normal as she caught her breath. "But...uh, Chase, what did you mean before? What happened to the last guy?"

Chase was still smiling. "She really nailed that fuck Reiner good, but then, he had it coming. It occurs to me that I'd like to torture him but she took care of that. He's probably still having childhood nightmares run through his head after messing with her."

Childhood nightmares? When Lynn had told her about it, she said she'd just struck Reiner really hard. Her friend worked out for a couple hours each day, so Cerise believed her.

The Vev chuckled low and satisfied. "I really like Section V people," he said. "They're even weirder than I am."

Cerise tried hard not to tense up, to keep her breathing normal, but Chase picked up the flush response and other signs and focused on her eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked, some of his humor draining off.

"Just been a few years since I heard of Section V," she replied honestly, since apparently he was a lie-detector as well if he was touching the person.

Chase nodded. "Most people never hear about them. Where did you?"

"Doing research on a killer in the Skin Trade," she said, also honestly. "One of the killer's victims was Section V." She kept the same normal, conversational tone, waiting to see if he would block her from going this direction.

He didn't.

He nodded, saying, "They do a lot of the intense investigations, normally where weird shit is involved. I wish I could get your records on the undercover work. There aren't that many, or at least not that I know about. I only know of a couple."

"Hm. So why are they weirder than you?"

Chase's torso and legs had flowed into a more comfortable position, equating to a slowly oscillating pad that had formed against her hip and back. She could feel every word he spoke.

"First of all, they're organic," he said. "Second..." His expression changed suddenly. "You don't know any of this, do you?"

Cerise shook her head. "Just the existence."

He made a silent "Oops" with his mouth.

Uh-oh. Cerise felt embarrassment first. Old habits died so hard...it came naturally and how often had she gently pulled information during the afterglow with her seductee for the benefit of the Company?

"I better stop now. I think I just gave you info above your SCL -- I thought Lynn would have told you," he said.

Cerise didn't protest, swallowing. "Okay. Sorry. You said that like I should know, and I thought...but never mind. I don't know anything about it. I really don't."

Chase nodded. "That's good, I'm glad. I don't want to get you killed with a slip of tongues."

"Much obliged," she said with a small smile, now feeling a little nervous.

He reluctantly extracted himself and located the bathroom. "Excuse me. I need to discard some waste byproducts," he said as he went. "Be right back."

That was a unique way to say he needed to take a piss. Maybe not quite what he was doing in her bathroom, but that's pretty much the equivalent.

"Well, hurry up, I gotta go, too," she said after him, but didn't sound urgent about it.

She heard him running her shower for a brief time and the toilet never flushed. When he returned, he'd replaced the hair on the top of his bald "human" head and his body had taken the shape of clothing again. She stood up off the couch, still naked.

"Duty calls," he said. "I'm due back at Division in about..." He checked a watch he pulled from his satchel. "Oh...ten minutes. Oops."

She covered her smile with her hand. "Yeah. Whoops."

Chase shrugged. "The Duty Officer is going to kick my ass, good thing I don't have one!" He snickered. "I'll say I got lost. Seriously though, I'm sorry I have to run but you probably wouldn't want to cuddle with me all night anyway. It can be unnerving because I don't generate much body heat on my own."

She smiled, not offended. "Well...normally I've heard 'I've got an early meeting tomorrow' but this is a refreshing change."

"Don't get me wrong, I would like to stay but...I've got three demerits this week already and this one is going to really put me in the doghouse. Jagger's been on a tear lately and...I hope he spanks me!"

Cerise covered her eyes. "Oh, now that's a mental image..."

Chuckling, Chase stepped close to her and folded his arms around her waist. "I had a mind-blowing time," he said and kissed her with cool but pliant lips.

She would've said "Me, too," but was too busy kissing back. "Thanks for coming over."

"Any time," he said as he picked up his satchel. "No rest for the wicked."

She moved to get the door for him. "Take care, Chase."

"You, too," and winked as he went.

Throwing the deadbolt on the door, Cerise went to the bathroom to clean up, take a pain killer, then gather up and toss her ruined clothing. After dressing in fresh bedclothes, she decided to lay down on the couch with a blanket and watch a movie so it wouldn't be quite so quiet. She was also contemplating her soreness, both wincing and basking a little in satisfaction and pride.

Discreet and playful without strings. She'd definitely call him again sometime.

She made it only fifteen minutes watching the TV before she started drifting off to sleep and quickly muted the set, heading to her bedroom. She locked her door behind her and checked her one outside window to make sure it was locked, too, then simply crawled into bed with her Oyster on her bedside table and her pistol beneath her pillow.

Thirty-five minutes after Chase left, the Oyster rang next to her bed. The number glowed the name "Lynn" in the dark. Cerise answered immediately.

"We need to talk," Lynn said. Her voice was serious, business-like and she eschewed any greeting whatsoever.

Cerise blinked in the dark room and paused for a half-second but answered quietly and with no attitude, "I'm listening."

"Chase mentioned something he shouldn't have and I need for you to keep it to yourself, completely to yourself, okay?" she asked. "Please?"

Cerise tensed but not in protest. Just knowing she'd made a mistake. "Yes, of course, Lynn."

"What he told you about me is classified. At some point, maybe I'll be able to explain but not even Thom knows some of what the Vev probably told you."

"Oh..." she said in a small voice, feeling a hot fist close over her stomach. "I'm sorry, I didn't know. I still don't know anything."

"That's good, that's really good," the readhead said tensely, shifting.

Cerise heard the sound of something moving outside her bedroom door.

"Tell me you understand and say aloud that you will not repeat it," Lynn ordered.

Cerise bolted up straight and gasped, failing to fully grasp what Lynn had said as she fumbled for her pistol. Had her stalker gotten inside...?

Something moved closer to her door and the knob began to jiggle. Whoever was there just realized it was locked.

"Cerise, do it now!" Lynn barked.

Cerise flinched at the fierceness of Lynn's tone and it struck like a bolt of lightning then that it wasn't a stalker but far more likely a Dark Finder outside her door. Her blood turned to ice.

"I understand!" she blurted in a rush. "I will not repeat anything Agent Chase may have said regarding you, Agent Nero!"

The sounds outside the door paused.

Cerise sat with her phone, tense and trembling, realizing she dared not even go for her gun. It would only make it worse.

Ten tense seconds later, she could hear the very faint rasp of a hands-off mike being used. Boots moved across her carpet and she heard the outer door to the apartment close and lock again.

Cerise let out the breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding. Oh god... She swallowed, blinked back some tears and Lynn could probably hear her rough breathing.

"Thanks," Lynn said. "And good night."

She disconnected.

Cerise sniffled a little at the empty air on the other end, feeling a new weight in her chest. The fear was receding slowly but she still felt bad. She hoped that she hadn't fucked anything up with her relationship with Lynn, broken any trust. So the woman was more than Cerise thought she was, and yes, Lynn couldn't tell her. What else was new?

She didn't really know how anything was different than before yesterday anyway. Lynn could not tell Cerise a lot about herself, really, and she herself couldn't expect it. Cerise was always curious to get to know a person but how much was sometimes on the other person's "can" or "can't" do list that had nothing to with personal desire. That's how it worked in SLA Industries.

She had made a gaff in being too curious about Lynn with Chase. Now she knew better and was still breathing for tonight.

* I hope she isn't angry with me.*

She'd have to be more careful nudging Stormers for information in the future. Especially Cloak Vevaphons designed to please.

12