Chasing the Dragon Ch. 01

Story Info
Savage little monkey.
8k words
4.64
48.2k
43

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 08/07/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AwkwardMD
AwkwardMD
1,310 Followers

His fingers shook as he reinserted the card into the 'Credit Box'. The absurdity of the name was lost on him in the moment. Later, when he wasn't quite so hungry or desperate, he'd have a good laugh about it, but at that moment he was preoccupied. The people walking behind him made him nervous, and not just because he was trying to steal in broad... well, there isn't exactly daylight in The Bottom. In full view. Their appearances shocked him. He had only been down below for a week, but it had been one horrorshow moment after another. Even his dreams had been terrifying.

"C'moooon," he pleaded. The way his stomach was gurgling made it sound like he was digesting himself. He wasn't certain that was impossible. "C'moooon!"

"At's not gonna work," said someone behind him.

Beez jumped as he spun around. "OhOkthenI'lljustbeonmyway!" The nearest one reached out to grab the collar of his jacket. Beez tried to dart away, but he wasn't quick enough

There were four of them. If he hadn't been so distracted, he might have seen them coming, but now they had him surrounded. One stood a few feet away to either side of him. The other two were directly in front of him, one behind the other. Their light gray uniform-suits bore the same corporate emblem as the 'Credit Box'.

"Nuh uh! Don't tink so. You've knocked a few of dese over, but at's done now. You're comin wit us."

"W-w-w....Where?!" He tried grabbing at the man's sleeve, but he might as well have tried to claw through steel for all the good it did him. "Nooo! Lemme go!"

"You didn't just tink you could steal and get away wit it, did you? Even down here wit de animals, dere's-"

"Let him go!" Everyone turned, wearing some degree of shock, as a dark-haired young woman walked into the middle of their confrontation. She was wearing a brown duster over a dark purple bodysuit, and her eyes seemed too wide to Beez. Like The Joker...

"Who are you?" The first one said. All four of them began to slowly reach towards their hips. The woman pulled down her brow and drew up her lower lip in confusion. The boy blinked, and nearly missed what happened next.

She drew two pistols from within her jacket, firing a shot at the man to Beez's right and another shot at the man behind the one holding him. Without letting go of the boy, the central man also tried to draw his gun, but the woman slammed her fist down on his wrist and stepped up behind him. The fourth man, on Beez's left, tried to get off a shot, but only ended up hitting the central man when she dragged him into the line of fire. Then she reached up under her shields shoulder and fired two more shots. In the span of six seconds, she had dispatched all four.

"Damnit, I had the whole thing planned out," she snarled. "I was gonna say Let him go. You were gonna say You didn't say the magic word. Then I was gonna say Bang Bang. Then you were gonna look at me all surprised and confused and THEN I was gonna shoot you! Thanks for ruining," she kicked the unmoving body at her feet, "my entrance!" Another kick.

Beez stared around his feet at the scattered bodies and pools of blood, and screamed. The woman, guns still in hand, held the butts up to her ears and winced.

"Jebus, kid! I had a lot to drink last night! Keep it down!" If he'd eaten today he was sure he'd have thrown it up, but instead he just dry heaved for a few seconds. There was blood spatter on his jacket and, if the warm-but-rapidly-cooling feeling on his face was what he thought it was, all over his cheeks as well. The woman squinted and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Sloppy of them not to bring backup." As if to answer her, a shot rang out. The woman's bangs bounced and flailed in the wake of the near miss, and Beez dropped to his knees as the concrete wall beside him spewed chips. Without opening her eyes or removing her hand from her nose, she raised her arm and fired once. Beez had just spotted the shooter running towards them, and screamed again as the man toppled backwards. The streets, which had been bustling if not technically busy, had emptied in a hurry.

"E Minus," she said at the man she'd kicked.

"Is th-th-that your n-n-name?" Beez hadn't quite stopped cowering, but he felt that looking this woman in the eye was best done from a defensive stance.

"What? No! A's are good, D's are bad, so E's must be worse, right?" He felt his head tilt to the side as he tried to make sense of what she'd said, but it just... it didn't. "I mean, they did bring backup so they can't get an F, but they're all dead. D is probably too generous." Nope. None sense. "We've got about 2 minutes until someone notices that these guys aren't responding. Then we've got another 2 minutes before the backup for the backup shows up, so why don't we get the niceties over with. I'm Roxie."

"Beez."

"Where?!" She cried as she spun, guns drawn and pointing erratically. "WHERE ARE THEY?!"

"No! That's my name!"

Her eyes were wild when she turned back to him. "Don't. Joke. About. Bees." He'd never seen purple eyes before. He'd never seen a lot of things before he came down here.

"No, that-that-that's just what everyone calls me!"

"Well what am I gonna shout when we see a swarm of bees?! You're just gonna think I'm calling your name! You didn't think this through at all, did you?!" He had no idea how to respond to that. After few quiet seconds, she added "You're Brandon Zimmer, right?"

Beez nodded slowly. This was turning into the craziest day of his life. 8 days ago, that wouldn't have been that hard...

"Oh! Oh, I get it! B Z! That's clever!" Roxie laughed for a moment, but then her face turned extremely serious. "Or is it?"

"Were those cops?"

"Who, these assholes?" She pointed her gun down at the one at their feet and arched an eyebrow at him. "Naw, these are just squibs. Blues don't come around here. I'd be in real trouble if I shot a bunch of Blues, but squibs can be just as bad in their own way. They have a nasty habit of shooting first and asking questions later."

"...but...didn't you..."

She bowled right over him. "Now, I know why I'm looking for you." The way she pointed her gun at him, if only to indicate who she was talking about, was putting a few new stains in his already dirty clothes. "The question is, why were they?"

"I was... stealing..."

Roxie kicked the man over onto his back to take a long look at the logo on the breast of his jacket, and then looked behind Beez at the Credit Box. Then she looked around at her body count with a furrowed brow. "Kind of a lot of firepower to send after one little hacker, isn't it?"

"This... wasn't the first one I cracked."

"Ooooooooh! A repeat offender then, huh?"

"Y-y-yes?"

Roxie grinned and shook her gun at him. "I knew we was gonna get along."

Beez took a shaky step to the side, trying to evade the barrel of her gun without betraying how terrified he was. "Why are you looking for me?" His voice cracked several times, but he was proud that he hadn't stuttered.

"Because I need a hacker, of course!"

"Could you please put away your guns?!"

Roxie blinked and shrugged, but the pistols stayed in her hand. "Can't. They're gonna be here soon. I'm gonna need these babies."

"More of them are coming?! We've gotta go!!"

"If we leave now, I won't get to shoot them..."

Beez just blinked.

"It's really not that complicated!"

"They want to kill us!"

"Maybe, but I'm gonna kill them."

"Pleeeeeeease!!" He grabbed at her sleeves and tugged.

Roxie scratched at her temple with the barrel of one of her guns, but step by reluctant step, she began following him. "You owe me some violence."

"Sure! Whatever! Let's just go!"

Just as he was rounding the corner, he saw two men run up to check on the bodies they'd left behind.

"Oh hey! Guys! We're goin this way!!!" She even waved at them. At that point, Beez stopped trying to pull her and just ran. "Yeah, you should probably get a head start," she yelled after him. "I'll catch up in a few minutes!"

The boy darted around every street corner he could find, serpentining down alley after alley before collapsing in a doorway. The sound of gunfire and laughter had faded with each turn, but fear spurred him on. The door beside him was mercifully unlocked, and he scampered inside. Up three flights of stairs, he flew. The walls were covered in layer upon layer of graffiti, to the extent that he guessed it was all indecipherable nonsense even to the residents. He leapt over several unconscious bodies and finally ducked down a hallway seemingly headed to nowhere. He grabbed two bags of trash and made a little pile he could hide behind. Only then, as he wiped the stray blood from his cheeks, did he start to cry again.

"I'm not going, Mom!!"

"Honey, if you're not sick, you have to go to school," she said through the door. Beez curled up into a smaller ball under his blanket. He hadn't slept in days. Every time he closed his eyes, he saw those images again.

"Just go away..."

His mother walked off and began talking to his father down the hall, but the door muffled everything. He hadn't wanted to believe his friends. His father was a good person. He'd always been there for Christmas' and birthdays, and theirs weren't. Not always. He'd always been quick with a smile and advice. Good people don't work for bad companies. He couldn't have been a part of...of that.

"Brandon?" His mothers voice wasn't muffled by the door anymore, although he hadn't heard it open. "Brandon, your father and I think you need to get out of bed." She knelt down beside him and pulled back the blanket a little. The circles underneath his eyes made her recoil slightly, filling her eyes with worry... but then she reached out a finger and tapped his forehead. "Hey."

"Ow! Stop!"

"Hey!" Tap tap. "Wake up!"

Roxie was squatting right in front of him, her furrow-browed face hovering a few inches from his. Beez gasped at the gun barrel touching his forehead and flailed his limbs in an attempt to climb up the wall away from her, but the layers of paper and trash beneath him caused him to skitter like a spider on ice.

"Excellent hiding job. Next time, maybe close the door behind you?" She popped up from her squat and started heading back down the hall. The boy got up more carefully and trailed after her.

"Did you have to kill all those men?"

"Squibs. And no I didn't have to, but it was way more fun that I did."

"How do you know who I am?" The stairs were vacant like before, but the noise level from the bottom floor felt wrong.

"I... ah... keep tabs on certain people. One of them went to your house with several of his friends. Sorry about your parents, kid. It was all over before I got there..."

"Wait," he cried. "Do you work for..." He couldn't even say the name.

"Long Chemicals?" She spun around. "Fuck no!" Even though she was a step below him, she was looking him directly in the eye. For the first time, there was a serious and terrifying glint in her eyes. "My family is dead because of them. I'm looking for payback, and you're gonna help me."

"But...but how am I-" Just as suddenly as it appeared, the seriousness was gone. The gleefulness was less comforting than it should have been as she reached up and tapped his forehead again. With just a finger this time.

"Don't you worry your pretty little head about that. Lets just get outta here." He was pretty sure he knew what she was gonna ask him to do, but he wasn't sure if he was ready to-

Roxie had come to a stop. He nearly bumped into her, lost in his own thoughts as he was. She peered over the railing. After a second, Beez did the same. On the bottom floor, he could just make out the arms of several people running into the lobby from the street towards the first flight of stairs. Gray sleeves. One of them stopped and looked up.

"I suppose I could have closed the door," she mused. The boy jumped back against the wall as guns were pointed, but Roxie just jerked her head to the side. Spackling, flecks of paint, and drywall dust rained a cloud of debris over her as she returned fire. "C'mon," she said, as she wrapped an arm around his stomach and lifted him up into the air. He was momentarily stunned as she hefted him up onto her shoulder and darted back up the stairs they'd just climbed down. His breath was slow in returning as he faced behind her. Men in gray uniforms and helmets came barrelling up the stairs just as she rounded the corner.

"BEHIND!"

Roxie shook her free arm as she ran down the hall, and a small greenish cube popped out of the end of her sleeve and sailed over the railing, The boy's fearful eyes followed the arc of the box as it sank out of his field of vision. Several men began to scream, but they were cut off by an awful explosion. Roxie continued up the next flight of stairs.

"Put me down!"

"Why, so you can run away and leave more doors open? No. We do this my way." She paused at the top of another staircase and looked around. "Crap." Each time she looked in one way, he was able to see in the opposite direction. There didn't appear to be any stairs going higher. "I think this is where we get off." She shrugged, and he slid down from her shoulder to her forearm. When she started running, he tried to look forward, but it looked like they were just heading toward a window...

"No, don't-"

With significantly more strength than he thought she'd be capable of, Roxie threw him. He screamed as he flew backwards through a massive glass pane. For a split second, he could see hundreds of little clear triangles dangling in the air around him. Roxie dove through the window after him a second later, spinning in the air to fire behind her. A second after that, Beez hit another window. A woman's scream filled the void as he landed hard, his breath leaving him in a rush. Roxie hit the ground right next to him, but rolled up onto her feet and kept firing.

An elderly woman in a blue showercap, wrapped in a bath towel, was swinging her soap-on-a-string at him and shouting a language he didn't understand.

"Stop staring, Beez! That's someone's grandmother!" Beez threw open the bathroom door and scampered out of the apartment with Roxie in hot pursuit. Two floors down, Roxie grabbed his hand and kicked down the door to another apartment. Two men in leather swivelled around to look them. "We were never here," Roxie said. The two made no move to stop what her, although they had stopped what they were doing. This time, Roxie threw him over her shoulder and fired one round ahead of them as she charged and dove.

They building-hopped from window to window three more times before she finally lead him down to street level. She held his hand as they melted into a crowd at an open market. The building-hopping had been in random directions, but now that they were out in the open, Roxie was definitely heading in just one.

"Where are we going?" The boy was starting to feel the grumbling in his stomach again. Fear is a powerful motivator, but it will only get you so far.

"A safe place."

***

"Roxie, I..." She hadn't looked backwards in a while, only dragged him forward through street after street, but his pause caused her to finally look over her shoulder at him.

"Damnit." She abruptly changed directions. "We're going to a friends first. Someone trusty."

Beez felt himself being dragged more literally. His feet became increasingly sluggish as they went. After crossing a few more streets, Roxie picked him up and threw him over her shoulder again. It was a little bit humiliating to be carried around by a girl, but...

***

"C'mon, drink up," she urged. The boy's eyes fluttered for a moment, struggling to focus on the cup and straw in front of him. His lips floundered awkwardly, knocking the straw away several times before successfully sucking up any fluids. It wasn't water, but he drank it down all the same.

"Kinda scrawny, ain't 'e?" Beez didn't recognize the voice of the speaker, but his eyes just didn't want to open right now thank you very much.

"Eh, he's got potential. That is, if I can get him to stop wetting himself."

"Are you kidding me? I nearly wet myself when you come through the door."

"So you're saying it's my fault?" There was a dangerous edge to her voice, and Beez didn't think he was the only one that picked up on it.

"No, of course not. That would be silly."

She stood up and walked across the room. The boy opened his eyes a little, watching her boots. "Listen, I saw something on the way over here that I wanted to ask you about."

"Sure, anyth-" HSST.

Beez couldn't be sure, but he was fairly certain he'd just seen Roxie bend her hand back at the wrist like Spiderman and spray the man in the face with a fine mist. His eyes lolled and drooped, and she caught him as he began to slump forward.

"Why don't we go in here and talk about it," she said softly. Fearing she would look over, Beez tucked his chin down against his chest until he was sure they were in the next room. He heard a chair scrape across the floor followed by a heavy thud, but then a few seconds after that, he heard them both start talking. He'd started to feel better almost as soon as the liquid hit his stomach, and he thought he was up to trying to stand. It took him a few tries, and the spinning had almost completely stopped by the time he was fully upright.

"Oh Helen," he heard before he got to the door. "It's been so long!"

"I'm sorry I've, mmmmm, been away, dear!"

Helen? he thought. Who's Helen? Carefully, he leaned farther and farther until one eye could peek around the door frame. Roxie's body suit was down around her knees, and the man for whom he had no name had bent her over a table. He was completely naked too, with his hands on her hips. Beez had never seen anyone having sex in real life before...

Roxie's entire left shoulder, part of her arm, and as much of her back as he could see, were covered in pink scars, like a burn. Her arms obstructed her breasts, although that wouldn't have been hard. Her body suit seemed to map her figure tightly, and she hadn't looked very busty. He thought he might be making out just the slightest hint of underboob... Her hair was down and out of the pony tail she'd had it in so he couldn't see her face, but her moaning wasn't dampened by it.

"My sweet Tay, I've missed you! AHH!" Beez had almost missed that Tay had a small tail hanging down between his butt cheeks, but that only held his gaze for a moment. His real attention was on Tay's... er... well... Beez had never really called it anything. Penis is probably the best word for it. "Yes! YES! Give it to me!!" At her urging, Tay spread his feet a little and began really giving it to her. "Yeeeees! Oh Fuck Yes!" Beez had watched some porn, so he knew a little about where things should be, but he felt like he was seeing a lot of Roxie's... vagina?... from behind. Wasn't that supposed to be kind of flush?

Beez found himself putting his hand down his pants. His own... penis... was halfway awake just from watching them. After a minute though, he was fully erect and his pants were just in the way. He quietly loosened his belt and let his pants fall down to his knees.

While he was distracted, they had switched positions. Roxie was now laying on the table with her legs splayed. Her right leg was pointed at him in such a way as to block his view of her... vagina... but he could clearly see her breasts now. They were little, just like he'd thought, but her nipples mesmerized him as they jumped up every time Tay pushed himself inside her. Now that he could see more of her chest, Beez could see that the scars were only on one side. The other side seemed to have a purple and green tattoo covering roughly the mirror of the scars. It might have been in the shape of a flower and vine, but he couldn't get a good look and he was far too interested in just watching her breasts bounce to really care.

AwkwardMD
AwkwardMD
1,310 Followers