Cheating Hearts

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He forgot Valentine's Day?" Conner mused, her hand gliding up and down Mollie's firm thigh. "Valentine's is over-rated. It's a holiday created by the greeting card companies and chocolate factories to milk helpless romantics of their money while those who are alone dwell in depression because there is no one to buy them flowers. Did you know you can get a dozen roses for fifty dollars cheaper if you'll wait a week to buy them?"

Mollie turned at last to Conner, her eyes filled with surprise at the woman's tirade. She started to ask why her boss had such a negative attitude toward Valentine's Day when someone from across the room called Conner's name. Conner turned away slowly and Mollie's eyes followed the same direction. "You going to come back?"

"No, Nick," she answered, waving with her free hand. "You go on without me." She turned back to Mollie with a partial smile and tilted her head toward the group in the background. "My brother-in-law," she explained, scooting to the edge of the barstool. Her hand slipped beneath the hem of Mollie's skirt.

Mollie felt her breath catch as Conner's hand wandered casually. Involuntarily, her thighs opened slightly. She could feel her face burning and hear her breath coming harder. It rasped in her ears. "I don't want to keep you," Mollie answered, trying to find a reason to send Conner away. Inside, her mind raged a battle with her body. She knew giving in to Conner's caress was wrong. She was as guilty as Bobby if she allowed Conner to continue. She couldn't be angry with him if she became a cheater. Her body yearned for Conner to never stop. She could feel her desire building in the pit of her stomach. It was strong enough to overpower her fight to dampen it.

She refused to listen to the part of her that could serve as a mediator. She couldn't listen to her heart. She knew what it would say and she couldn't accept the truth.

"I like being kept," Conner said with a flirting smile, her fingernails scraping along the inner part of Mollie's thigh. It caused the base of her palm to brush against the apex of Mollie's legs. Mollie trembled in reaction and stifled a moan. She couldn't remember the last time Bobby had made her feel so aroused. "Is he really at work?" Conner questioned with a soft voice as she spoke into Mollie's ear.

"No," Mollie answered, and then quickly corrected herself. "Yes." She sighed deeply. "I don't know. That's what he said on the answering machine."

"Do you believe him?"

"I want to," came Mollie's soft reply.

"But do you?" Conner repeated insistently, her voice intense in Mollie's ear.

Mollie turned her attention to Conner, contemplating the older woman's earnest face. She tried to read her boss's expression. Her cheeks were flushed from the excitement the hand's exploration was creating, but Mollie did not sense that Conner's words were an effort to continue the seduction. Instead, she felt certain that Conner was genuinely concerned. Mollie turned back to her daiquiri. The glass was almost empty. She didn't want it to be empty. When it was empty, she would need to make a choice. "My marriage is not perfect. No marriage is. Bobby and I have been drifting apart. We need to rediscover ourselves as a couple."

Conner turned Mollie's face back so she could study the girl's face. She didn't want to give Mollie any opportunity to escape from telling the full truth. "Do you believe him?"

Mollie opened her mouth and then closed it before slowly shaking her head. She did not give voice to her accusations but she did not lie to Conner. She didn't believe that Bobby was at work. It twisted at her stomach that her husband might be having an affair, yet she couldn't possibly fathom any other reason for him to forget Valentine's Day. She tried to look away, but Conner would not let her. "I don't know," Mollie said in a hushed, troubled voice.

Conner moistened her lips and watched Mollie's eyes dip to the shiny surface. Conner's wandering hand stilled and she leaned forward. Mollie knew she was about to be kissed and found that she wanted nothing more than the feel of Conner's lips on hers.

"Hey, Conner!" a new voice interrupted. This voice was feminine in nature and Conner pulled completely away instantly, her hand dropping from the intimate position on Mollie's leg. Mollie hated the fact that she was disappointed for the touch to be gone. Things were moving much too quickly. Her head was starting to spin. She turned back to the bar, resting her elbows on the counter as Conner turned to her new friend. "Looking good, Conner."

"Not doing too bad yourself, Dallas," Conner returned in an unfamiliar, playful tone. Mollie listened but did not interfere. Conner did not turn back to Mollie as she leaned against the edge of the bar, but her arm slipped over the girl's lap in a possessive gesture. Mollie dropped her hand down to rest on top of Conner's. "How ya been?" Conner asked her friend as she pushed her fingers between Mollie's.

Mollie curled her fingers into Conner's palm, closing her eyes against the pain pushing through her heart. She wanted to shut down. She wanted to stop thinking and stop feeling and stop hurting. "Good, good," Dallas answered. Mollie could tell by the sound of her voice that Dallas had moved closer. "I was hoping you would be here," the visitor said in a lower voice, ignoring Mollie's presence. Mollie felt a rush of jealousy push through her as the other woman flirted with Conner. It made her angry at the woman would totally overlook her, but it also made her feel small. She would always be in Jill's shadow.

Conner shrugged slightly, rubbing her thumb back and forth against Mollie's knuckle. She sighed and Mollie heard the bleak sadness in the sound. Mollie frowned but didn't turn. "You know what Valentine's Day is."

"How was it?" Dallas asked in a concerned and tender tone. From the corner of her eye, Mollie saw Dallas lay her hand on Conner's free arm. Conner's hand tightened on Mollie's and Mollie returned the squeeze, offering comfort for something that she did not understand.

"It's almost over," Conner finally answered.

An awkward silence fell between them. Mollie was lost in her thoughts, Conner didn't want to talk, and Dallas, realizing she had talked herself into a corner, didn't know what to say. Mollie clung to Conner's hand through the silence, trying to ignore her swimming thoughts. Dallas finally cleared her throat. "Damn, you look fine, Conner."

Mollie suddenly ripped her hand away, slipping off the stool and grabbing her purse. She mumbled something about needing to go. She pulled her wrap around her as she walked toward the door, attempting not to run as she fled Conner's intoxicating presence. She could sense Conner coming after her and knew she had to escape from the bar before the woman could catch up. If she could breathe the fresh, cold February air, then that would cool her heated blood and cleanse her muddled brain.

Conner caught her just as she put her hand on the door handle. She grabbed Mollie's elbow and spun the girl to face her. They stood looking at each other, both breathing hard as they struggled with their feelings. Conner broke the silence first. "I think getting out of here is an excellent idea. Let's go someplace where we can talk in private."

Mollie opened her mouth to argue, but Conner silenced her by laying her finger against Mollie's parted lips. "We need to. You can't run from me forever, Mollie Donavon. You can't keep running from your emotions. It'll destroy you."

Mollie tried to be angry with Conner, but she could not be mad at the truth. Conner watched the emotions rush across Mollie's face. She knew the moment she had won the battle. She could see it in Mollie's face and knew that the woman would no longer attempt to escape. She released her grip and took a step back. She touched Mollie's cheek and Mollie turned her face into the caress. Conner's fingers curled into the hair at Mollie's neck and tucked it behind her ear. "Wait right here. I need to talk to Nick."

Mollie nodded obediently and watched Conner as she backed away slowly. She hesitated, almost reluctant to release Mollie in case she did flee again. Mollie touched her hand in silent assurance and Conner nodded. Mollie watched her boss cross to the group at the pool table. She was surprised to find herself admiring Conner's bottom in the tight jeans. She pulled her wrap tighter around her shoulders and lifted her eyes as Conner reached Nick.

Conner had to look up to speak to Nick and though Mollie could not hear the conversation from her vantage point, she could see Nick's reaction. Conner spoke to him and he looked over his sister-in-law's head at the woman trembling beside the door. Mollie read his expression as anger, doubt, and concern. She turned her head away, knowing that the slightest thing would cause her to lose her nerve. She could flee now, while Conner wasn't looking. With any luck, she could be out of the parking lot before the seductive woman even realized she was missing.

Mollie jumped when Conner slipped her hand around her waist. "Come on," the raven-haired beauty whispered softly, guiding Mollie with her hand out the door. Conner had slipped into a heavy denim jacket. She held Mollie close to her side as they crossed the parking lot to Mollie's car. "Nick and I rode together. Would you like for me to drive?"

Moving on auto-pilot, Mollie reached into her clutch and withdrew her keys. She dropped them into Conner's hand. Conner guided Mollie behind the car, opening the door and offering Mollie her hand for assistance. Mollie leaned against the back of the seat, her eyes closed, trying to remember the last time Bobby had opened her car door. She knew he had done it on their wedding day but couldn't remember anything since that special day.

They made the drive in silence. Conner handled the vehicle and traffic expertly. Mollie stared out the window but did not see the passing scenery. They did not even turn on the radio as they weaved through the city to an apartment building. Mollie was surprised to be at a residence rather than a hotel.

Mollie did not wait for Conner to come open her door. She wanted to avoid Conner's touch as long as she could. As soon as they stepped around the car, Conner laid her hand on the small of Mollie's back, resting the base of her hand just above her round bottom. Mollie walked quietly beside her boss. The elevator's ascent seemed terribly slow to. Mollie watched the numbers increase as she felt the heat of Conner's palm burning through the dress. She could feel and hear her heart pounding in her ears. She was having trouble breathing and hoped that Conner did not notice. Her breasts were rising and falling in a steady motion as she waited for the doors to slide open.

Conner guided her into a large apartment on the seventh floor of the building. Mollie was so deep that she couldn't do anything but follow. Conner walked into the room, leaving Mollie just inside the foyer. She turned on a lamp beside the sofa and motioned that Mollie should sit. "Have you eaten? Are you hungry?" Conner asked with a hint of nervousness in her voice.

Mollie turned her attention to the woman, surprised at the tremor in the usually confident voice. "No. I mean, no, I haven't had supper."

Conner helped Mollie remove her wrap, her fingers brushing against the girl's neck and hair. Her breath was warm on Mollie's throat and she seemed to move in slow motion. The touch electrified Mollie. "I'll fix us a little something. Have a seat."

Mollie watched as Conner stepped around the corner and disappeared. She walked toward the sofa and hesitated, looking at the phone on the end table. She reached into her handbag for her cellular phone and was surprised when she didn't find it. She dug through her belongings before remembering that she had left it out when getting ready for her outing with Bobby. She had wanted no interruptions. Her phone was lying on her dresser at home.

She picked up the phone on the table and dialed her home number. It rang several times before her voice came on over the machine. She hung up instantly and hesitated only a moment before dialing Bobby's office number. She punched in his extension and listened to the hollow sound of ringing. While she waited, she noticed a picture beside the phone. She picked up the frame and studied the couple smiling back at her.

It had been taken at the beach, she guessed. Conner was wearing shorts and she had a healthy tan on her skin. Her arms were wrapped around the waist of a small woman with long blonde hair that was blowing in the sea breeze. They were both laughing at the person behind the camera.

"You've reached the desk of Robert Donavon. I am unavailable right now. Please leave me a message and I will return your call."

Mollie slammed the phone back into the receiver and pressed her fingers to her forehead. Conner came through the hallway carrying a tray as Mollie fought her tears. "Not there?" she asked casually as she moved to the sofa. She sat the tray on the coffee table and gestured toward the seat beside her.

Mollie sighed, dropping her hand. "He's not at the office or at home," she replied.

"Did you try his mobile?"

Mollie shook her head to say no. She didn't want to try his mobile. She didn't want any concrete proof that he had lied to her. She could pretend he was in someone else's office working. If she called his cell phone, she might hear the telltale laughter of a woman's voice or the awkward silence of a man caught between the two women in his life. Conner sensed Mollie's turmoil so she did not press the subject. She began arranging the items on the tray. She sat two glasses aside and poured red wine in each one. She again motioned for Mollie to sit.

Mollie finally did, handing Conner the photograph. "Your girlfriend?"

Mollie looked at the picture and a fond smile formed on her lips. The tenderness reached her eyes as she gently ran her thumb over the face of the woman in the picture. "She was more than my girlfriend. We were together for eleven years. Nick took the picture. He's her brother."

"It was a car wreck, wasn't it?"

Conner nodded, setting the picture aside. "Valentine's Day, three years ago. She was on her way home so we could go out. The driver of the other car was going through a divorce. She had been drinking all day."

"So that's why you hate Valentine's Day," Mollie mused, taking her wine glass and sipping some of the bitter liquid. She picked up a cracker and laid cheese and summer sausage on top of it, nibbling on the snack.

"I was sitting at home waiting and waiting. They called Nick, not me. Nick didn't want me to find out by phone, so he came and got me." Conner picked up her wine glass, swirled the liquid, and took a sip. "For a while, I just wanted to curl up and die myself. I couldn't remember life without Bette. I didn't think I could have a life without her."

Conner sat her wine glass down. She reached over and took Mollie's glass as well, setting them side-by-side on the tray. She scooted closer to Mollie, slipping her arm along the back of the couch. Her hand rested on her guest's knee. "I haven't even thought of starting a relationship with someone. Dallas has hinted numerous times that she would like more, but there hasn't even been a fling." She slipped even closer, her leg brushing against Mollie's thigh. "I tell you this to let you know that I enter into nothing lightly, especially relationships. I thought a long time before I asked you to lunch. Your reaction when I did confirmed to me that you were feeling the same emotions I was fighting. If we are both feeling the same thing, why are we still resisting it?"

Conner leaned in with moist, shiny lips. Mollie watched her boss advance, the earnestness of the woman's words burning in her ears. "Jill," she whispered as her eyes rested on Conner's lips. She knew how those lips felt pressed against her own and she could not deny that she wanted to feel their firm pressure again.

"Yes, Mollie Donavon?" Conner said, her head hovering just a breath from Mollie's lips. The sound of their breathing filled the room. She tilted her head, watching for Mollie to open her lips to protest. When Mollie began to speak, Conner closed the distance, pressing her lips firmly against Mollie's, muffling any objection that the young woman could attempt.

Mollie stiffened for only a moment before relaxing, pressing into Conner's warm mouth. She parted her lips slightly, allowing Conner's quick tongue access to the warmth of her mouth. Conner took advantage of Mollie's openness. She scooted as close as she could to Mollie, one arm draped over the slender shoulders and the other resting on a strong thigh. Mollie did not hesitate to lay her hand over Conner's as they shared the sweet kiss.

Lips moved against lips and tongues tangled in the depths as they dueled on the couch, tasting and touching within the warm, damp caverns. Conner's tongue danced along the roof of Mollie's mouth, gliding behind her teeth, and curling around her tongue. Mollie, in her growing eagerness, answered. She tasted between Conner's gum and teeth and along the inside of the woman's jaw. Conner closed her lips around Mollie's lower lip, suckling softly and rubbing her tongue along the swollen membrane. Mollie nibbled on Conner's upper lip, biting lightly.

Conner was the first to break the kiss. She pulled away suddenly. Mollie leaned toward Conner, attempting to resume the kiss, her eyes half closed as she moved into the warm body. Conner stood without releasing Mollie's hand and pulled the girl to her feet. Conner was a few inches taller and Mollie's face was turned upward, their bodies pressed together as they stood in front of the couch. Conner pushed a curl off Mollie's cheek as their fingers entwined.

Conner pulled Mollie down the hall, their eyes locked together. Conner didn't dare sever the gaze. She was afraid if Mollie looked away she would change her mind. Conner did not want to break the spell. Mollie followed like a sheep, totally lost in Conner's green eyes and craving the intoxicating kisses.

They passed two doors before Conner guided the girl into a small bedroom. She finally released Mollie from the enchantment at that point. She let go of Mollie's hand as she circled the bed. Mollie heard the scrap of a match and saw the brief flicker as the head glowed with fire before Conner lit a candle beside the bed. The small flame cast a soft radiance that lit the whole room.

Conner returned to Mollie, taking the girl's hand. She kissed Mollie's fingers one at a time, recapturing the girl's gaze. Mollie stared into Conner's eyes, enthralled by the woman. Without words, Conner stepped closer. She brushed her lips across Mollie's again, and then dropped her head to kiss and nibble against Mollie's neck. She could feel Mollie's thundering pulse against her lips as she reached around the small girl to lower the zipper of the dress. Her fingertips moved along the bare skin as she worked her way back to the front.

Conner's fingers caressed the back of Mollie's shoulders as she dragged them upward. They glided over Mollie's shoulder blades, pushing the red dress away. Mollie did not resist as Conner's digits sparked delicious spirals that radiated through her body. She shivered in pleasure. Her eyes darted from Conner's fingers to her face as the woman pulled the material of the dress forward, slipping the sleeves from Mollie's arms.

Mollie did not stir as Conner finished removing the dress completely. Conner knelt on one knee as she tugged the dress over Mollie's hips. She lifted each foot and slipped Mollie's shoes off, her hand caressing over the stockinged heel and her fingertips dancing along each sole. The sensation would normally send Mollie into giggling hysterics, but the intensity of the moment only caused the touch to increase her desire for