Chicken

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Sid0604
Sid0604
424 Followers

While we waited we were given a quick guided tour but by the end I found I could barely take another step and was pushed in a wheel chair after that. I wasn't as recovered as I thought I was and I was sure the beating from the police hadn't helped.

We watched as their parents entered the terminal and waited quietly in the arrivals lounge. Debby went down to meet them and spoke for a few moments to let them know Janet would be delivered her divorce documents as soon as she was in the lounge.

Debby also let them know I was watching from a wheelchair from above. As I watched her mother put her hand to her mouth I was unsure of what part of the conversation she responded to. I had a feeling it was that I was in a wheelchair because she already knew about the papers.

Soon it was show time and Debby re-joined me as we watched the two lovers enter the terminal from the plane tunnel together. Before they were in view of the public they hugged and kissed and obviously said quick good-byes. As they separated police descended on him and he foolishly tried to resist. Janet watched in horror as he was tasered then cuffed and dragged away kicking and screaming that he'd done nothing wrong.

A far less confident Janet made her way to the arrivals lounge to pick up her luggage. I'd already been told by my PI in Hawaii they'd left mine at the hotel reception. What a loving wife but by now I expected no less after two weeks of her lovers companionship. She even let him take what clothes he wanted to keep. The bastard had even worn my favourite shirt home. As she entered the lounge she saw her mother waving and made her way towards them.

Just before she reached them a well-dressed woman stepped in front of her and I flicked on my small receiver and listened. We heard the woman asking her if she was Janet Thomas then we heard Janet reply that she was as she nodded. It was obvious from the questioning tone in her voice she didn't have a clue what was about to happen.

Their mother and father knew what was happening and held each other for support. It was a terrible thing to happen in a close family even in this day and age.

The server continued, "Janet Thomas, you have been served with the Final Decree of Divorce confirming the dissolution of your marriage on the grounds of infidelity. The State has granted James Thomas' request for a divorce and based on your signed pre-nup has awarded him all your joint property and bank accounts apart from $10,000 and your clothing and motor vehicle. The court's decision is final and irrevocable. Good day."

This was the final moment in what was left to my marriage and even after what she'd done to me I found I had tears in my eyes as Janet opened the envelope obviously still uncertain what she'd just been told. I bit my bottom lip and we watched her read the covering letter from the court. Debby squeezed my hand as I stood up and we opened the window in front of us.

The movement of the window caught her father's attention then both her parents looked up at us as I wiped my tears away. I heard Janet cry out in anguish as she suddenly realised what had happened and looked at her parents for support. Realizing they weren't watching her she followed their gaze and saw Debby and I standing together looking back at her. Then she collapsed.

Terminal staff raced to Janet and she was stretchered to a nearby sick room to recover. Debby still loved her sister and wanted to make sure she was okay before we returned to hospital and wheeled me to where she was resting. Their parents were with her as she cried; pleading with them that she didn't deserve what I'd done to her.

Debby went in and joined them and coldly welcomed her home and told her she'd catch up later. Just as she was leaving Debby turned to Janet and said, "Your lover was the one who poisoned James. He almost died while you betrayed him every day." She turned back to the door and as she passed her mother and father kissed them both on their cheeks.

As Debby pushed my wheelchair past the door I saw Janet watching us then we heard her scream out, "James, please come back! I didn't know! Please, I still love you! James, please?" Her father restrained her so she couldn't chase after us.

Debby didn't leave my bed side for more than a few minutes at a time after that. It was another week in hospital until I was released and before I left I was told the brothers and their cousin weren't granted bail at their hearing. It seems the sleaze bag who'd fucked Janet was delivered his divorce papers while he was waiting for trial. My lawyer had been to see his wife and given her enough evidence to get rid of him. Even their insurance company rolled over and settled quickly rather than face a far greater payout directed by a court.

Back at my house Debby looked after me and over the coming months as I steadily regained my weight and health. I soon realised I'd been right before I married when I'd thought Debby and I were far more compatible. Unlike her sister, she made no demands and was happy to sit with me and watch a movie or even sit out and watch the stars together. Janet had wanted to be out all the time at some fancy restaurant or night club.

While she was still looking after me Debby had to return to University but still stayed with me every night. She didn't need to go home every few days for more clothing as it was all in my guest room by then. She still attended the obligatory Wednesday night dinners at home every week.

Although I'd been told I could take as much sick leave as I needed, as soon as I had clearance I returned to work. When I walked in to the office you could've heard a pin drop but it all soon settled down except no-one knew quite what to say to me. They'd all heard through the grape vine what had happened and my short marriage was not a topic of conversation... I think more so from the fear of losing their jobs.

Before lunch I received a phone call and was directed to attend a meeting with my ex father-in-law. Although I was still treated like family I hadn't been invited back to their house and I didn't expect to with Janet living there. I half expected to be terminated and told I was no longer wanted.

Instead of the termination I expected, I was asked to come to dinner - after all it was Wednesday. I reminded him that the restraining order on Janet was still in place then he told me she'd finally been admitted into a private clinic for treatment for depression caused by what she'd done and the catastrophic results to her life. She'd even had a miscarriage and lost her baby.

Dinner was a little strained that night to start with as Debby sat next to me in place of Janet. Janet's name wasn't mentioned at all but I did get a lot of looks from their mother. Finally she spoke up, "James, what are you plans now? We know you're not dating anyone else and we only ever see Debby now on Wednesday nights.

"You two have seemed very close since... well... you know when and we'd just like to say we're so sorry for what's happened and loved having you as part of our family. Although we might be jumping the gun a little we'd really like you to stay part of our family if possible somehow."

I could see she was flustered and getting caught up then she continued, "I had my heart set on some grandchildren really soon and then we thought that maybe you and Debby might have developed an interest in each other." Then she turned bright red.

I turned to Debby and picked up her hand then said, "I think your mother wants me to get you pregnant. Would you like to start practicing tonight?" From the grin on my face everyone knew I was joking; I hoped.

Debby responded, "James, you know I promised my parents I'd be a virgin on my wedding night so if you want to make babies in me we'll have to be married."

I'd expected some light joking response from Debby but not quite the one I received. The whole table was quiet as if waiting for my answer. My mind was spinning at a million miles an hour. My proposal to Janet had been well thought out but Debby and I had become best friends while she looked after me. We'd even spent long hours telling each other our dreams and likes and dislikes.

We'd come close several times to doing the deed but we'd been able to stop every time. It was so nice to be with her and I loved just lying next to her holding her listening to her breath. Then it struck me; we were more than best friends and were so compatible. Right at that moment I just realized how much I'd grown to love her. Maybe it was just on the rebound but I doubted that; it seemed I loved her even more than I'd loved her sister.

It felt like everyone had sat there for an hour waiting for my retort but it was only about a minute - a very long life changing sixty seconds or so. I turned to her parents then licked my dry lips. I even think I may have been shaking a little then I finally said, "Well, I suppose if you both want me to stay in the family and you want grandchildren that must mean you'd be happy for me to ask Debby to marry me."

Her mother burst into tears and replied, "Please, we'd like that."

I didn't have a ring to give her right then and there but I turned to Debby and asked her to marry me without another moment's thought - of course we kissed as soon as she accepted. Then her mother added, "The same rules apply to you as applied to your sister for the inheritance. Let's go work out a date." Then the three females left.

Her father could see I was puzzled and was standing to leave the table to escape my next question that he knew was coming. I stood as well and followed him out onto the verandah.

"I've heard of this inheritance before and have wondered if it was one of the reasons Janet betrayed me so easily. I knew she was keen to fall pregnant our honeymoon, in fact we'd often joked about it. While we're asking difficult questions you know sometimes I felt like she'd picked me out to be her husband for that reason. Is there any truth in that?"

He didn't answer so I continued, "I know she said she loved me and all but in the end I have to wonder if I was just there to inseminate her on our honeymoon because she liked me when we first met. You know it's recorded where she's saying she's hoping she's pregnant by her lover while I was unavailable in hospital.

"I hope Debby isn't being influenced by the same inheritance dangling in front of her."

Then there was silence. Finally he answered, "My mother was extremely wealthy in her own right and when she died left her fortune to the three girls on condition they complied with several conditions. The first that they be virgins when they marry - and they do have to get checked the day of their wedding; the second is that they have a baby within nine months of their honeymoon and the third is they name the baby after my mother or father.

"If they failed all or any of the three conditions the inheritance drops from ten million dollars to one million so when we saw Janet's behaviour we wondered just like you probably are now. Janet won't be left destitute by the way. She'll receive one million dollars after she satisfies the third condition but you can't help but wonder if she went all out for the ten million and just made use of a bad situation.

"We're so sorry about that; we didn't see it when you married and thought Janet had a genuine love for you. Debby's different to her sister but I'm sure you've worked that out. It's like there's a strong bond between the both of you already just waiting to be formalized in marriage.

"We've seen Debby when she's with you. You know she never stops watching you; her eyes are on you the whole time. There's more to my mother's will but you'll have to wait; I'm not permitted to discuss any more. Of course the pre-nup is expected again you understand."

What he just told me had potentially answered some questions but also created some many more. I was about to ask further but his cell phone rang and he whispered he had to take it. Just then the females appeared and seemed full of beans or maybe it was just the champagne they were drinking too much of.

Debby came up beside me and held me close then we locked lips for a few minutes. Her mother jokingly said, "God, you two get a room will you!"

I had an idea and turned to Debby and whispered, "You heard your mother. I think she wants us to start making her grandchildren right away. Let's go to your room for the night and start." I started to lead her away. Deep down I had a need to test Debby to see if she wanted me or a chance for the big inheritance... almost like a game of chicken with two cars heading towards each other at high speed. I needed to know if she'd give it up for me.

Debby didn't object but then she responded, "You already know I've promised my parents I'd wait till my wedding night. I suspect dad's told you about the inheritance already and what it's worth and the conditions but you know I want more than anything else to spend the rest of my life with you. We're throwing a lot away but if that's what you want then I want it as well. Let's go." She turned to her parents and wished them good night.

We walked inside the house as her mother's eyes went wide like saucers and her mouth opened but no sound came out. I stopped and turned to Debby as we passed through the door and I kissed her again then quietly declared, "Deb, you promised your parents and that's obviously something important to them. On top of that you were happy to lose your inheritance for me but that's not fair to you so we'll wait for our wedding night; just don't make it too far away please. You're so desirable but I'll wait." Then we locked lips again as I held her close.

Epilogue

Three months later we were married. Debby signed our pre-nup as well to confirm her belief in our future which only made me wonder further about Janet's true feelings about me after all. Janet attended with the new man in her life and wished us well. She'd had an excellent psychologist and the therapy had been good for her. They're a good match for each other and planning their wedding for some time in the next year.

We'd managed to wait for our wedding night and almost nine months later Elaine Marjory Thomas made her entrance a week or two early. We'd only just got Elaine home when her grandmother visited, to help out of course and started asking what our plans were for her next grandchild.

My parents would've loved Elaine and I only wished my mother could've had the chance to hold my little girl and spoil her as she grew up. I just knew they would've been so close. At times when I was watching Elaine I could see my mother's smile and I knew then my mom was sharing precious moments with her grand-daughter.

At Elaine's first Wednesday night appearance a few weeks later at the in-laws we were surprised the family lawyer was there as a guest and after dinner handed Deb the account details for ten million dollars. Just when we thought it was all finished we were staggered when I was given ten percent of the shares of their family company and made a Vice-President as part of the inheritance.

It only got better when I reminded myself that this time I was definitely married to the right sister.

Sid0604
Sid0604
424 Followers