Chocolate Cake

Story Info
More than dessert on the menu.
5.1k words
4.41
12.3k
1
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
extempore
extempore
6 Followers

"Hello, I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Peter Nathan. No doubt you've been hearing a lot of new names lately." He had seen her around the office for a few weeks. He thought she was kind of attractive; tall, about 5'7" with small breasts and a lean build. He shook those thoughts from his head.

He usually didn't bother to meet new people for a while but he seemed to be walking by her fairly often, either on the way to the rest rooms or coming back from the coffee shop. He didn't want to feel awkward so he decided to say "Hi" to her.

"Hi Peter, I'm Karyn Baker, it's nice to meet you. Yes there have been a lot of new names and faces, along with so much to learn. It will take a while before I feel like I'm doing anything more than treading water." She was feeling relieved that a few of the experienced people were finally introducing themselves to her. Everyone had seemed very much into their own business and not all that welcoming.

"Yes, I remember those days, even if it has been fifteen years or so. It was easy to feel lost back then so I know how you feel. Karyn, it's been nice meeting you. I'm running a bit late for a meeting but I'm sure we'll be talking more soon." He said, politely, then turned towards his office and walked away.

She thought he was reasonably attractive, though only a few inches taller than she was. He had a compact, strong looking build. She sighed and ignored that thought.

When they first met he had been divorced only a year, though he and his wife had separated almost three years before that. He really didn't think much about her. He thought she was a few years older than he was, and she was. She had a nice face, somewhat narrow with lively green eyes and a quirky smile that gave her an "I'm in on the joke" look.

He noticed too that she had very good legs and he guessed that, when she was younger, they were spectacular. If he had a weakness, good legs would be it. He wasn't concerned about big boobs. The slender look, however, whether it was trim and athletic or a lean elegant look really caught his eye.

The main reason for ignoring her was that she was new to the business and most new reps didn't last. They usually had no market, couldn't sell or simply couldn't adjust to the uneven income of living on commission. For that reason, he generally ignored all newcomers until they were no longer new . . . at least six months or so. After all, they'd be gone by then anyway.

In truth, she didn't think much about him either. She was far more concerned with learning her new job, and being able to make a living, to think much about the polite but unsmiling younger man.

Several months passed and she was still there. In a reorganization of the office space, she was moved to a cubicle across the aisle in front of his own private office. He could now hear her voice as she spoke on the phone. It had a soft girlish (though not childish) tone to it that made him smile. He also could see her, through his open door, as she would whirl around in her chair to reach her file cabinet, her skirt pulling up to mid-thigh level, revealing her long slender legs.

Now in closer proximity, they went beyond polite hellos to friendly greetings and short conversations. As someone new to the business, she had questions to ask that he didn't mind answering. She was intelligent and talkative, which boosted his mood. He hadn't completely regained his bearings since his marriage ended.

She was glad she had someone to ask questions and who could help her overcome her own lack of experience. He was a bit younger, she thought and, though he seemed a bit aloof and reserved, he was willing to help her when he could. Their first conversations were work related: "How'd that meeting go?", "What do you think I should do with this guy?" and "How much does she have to invest, when will she use the money?", or "God! He's dumb as a bag of hammers!"

They began having lunch in the building cafeteria, though they only went to outside restaurants with coworkers. Later they talked about their children (her son was eighteen) and more personal subjects. For quite a while he didn't really see her as a potential lover. He harbored fantasies about someone who was, well, a bit fresher and younger, in addition to not wanting to date someone from the office. He had met his wife at a previous job, after all, and look how that turned out.

Still, he enjoyed her intelligence and sense of humor and that soft girlish voice and warm laugh. After months of a gradually deepening friendship, he admitted to himself that he was seriously attracted to her. The idea of seeing someone from work still unnerved him. What if it didn't work out? What if it did?

Karyn had found herself drawn to the somewhat shy younger man. From the beginning she could tell he was very smart, though he made no effort to make it obvious to those around him. He spoke about his divorce, which had shaken him severely. She could tell from their conversations that he deeply loved his young sons. One day in August she told him about a campaign party she had hosted for a district judge candidate. It had been a morale boosting party for the campaign workers, mostly family, friends and work acquaintances of the candidate.

"I've got some leftover chocolate cake." she said. "Would you like to come over and have some? I really don't eat desserts very often." He thanked her for the offer and delayed giving her an answer.

"Can I get back to you on that?" he asked. "How long does cake last?"

The invitation drifted through the back of his mind. Like cake, the offer had a limited shelf life. Late afternoon of the next day he called her at home. "Do you have any cake left?" he asked, after he said hello.

"Peter, I'm so glad you called" she said brightly. "Why don't you come over about seven-thirty or eight?"

As he hung up the phone, he wondered what he had gotten himself into. Unless he had been misreading things completely, there had been a gradual increase in sexual tension between them. He knew he felt it. They were certainly friends by this time. By then they had gone to lunch at restaurants away from the office, so it really wouldn't even be a first date. Alright, it would be a first date.

They had also been on a couple of joint business appointments together and, after a meeting that had ended after normal working hours, they stopped for a drink to discuss the meeting. They laughed and joked and had a very good time . . . the kind of time that sometimes happens when good friends add alcohol to the mix. They already liked each other but each now felt a warmer affection for the other. Not just affection but lust, at its beginning stages but lust nonetheless. Something could have happened then, he thought. Drinks with her had been fun. As they had walked out of the restaurant and across the parking lot, he could have taken her hand, pulled her towards him and kissed her with no resistance at all. He thought.

Since his separation he had dated several women, most with whom he had nothing in common and two that he had slept with a few times. They were both recent divorcees having their first post divorce sex, as was he. They were nice women but nothing had come of those relationships. He hadn't dated for several months. He hoped he wasn't imagining her attraction.

He was still hesitant about getting involved with someone from the office but his feelings of loneliness and his need for female companionship were starting to overcome that concern. Also, he needed someone intelligent to converse with. He loved talking with bright people and, looking back, he realized what he had missed so much during his marriage. His ex-wife wasn't at all stupid but they had never connected well intellectually. She seldom got his jokes and he sometimes believed her next abstract thought would be her first.

When Karyn greeted him at the door she was wearing a lightweight knit tank top and loose casual shorts. He thought she looked great as she stepped out into the still bright sunlight. She had a faint sheen of perspiration on her face and arms from the last minute clean-up she had been doing. It was over eighty degrees and her house, though heavily tree shaded, was not air conditioned.

Her hair was a light golden brown, a couple of inches off her shoulders. It was a bit sun bleached and worn casually with a part in the middle. It shone in the early evening sun. He liked the casual look. When she fussed with it she looked older. Her legs were tanned and sexy in a coltish, athletic sort of way.

"It's good to see you Peter, I missed you at the office today" she noted. Their comings and goings had not coincided during business hours. "Let's go in and have a drink."

"Hi Karyn, that sounds great." he said, feeling a bit anxious and wanting to take the edge off. Now that he was there, he was again torn between his now certain attraction for her and his fear of an awkward situation at the office.

She offered him a choice of vodka, bourbon or some of the inexpensive boxed wine left over from the campaign party. He chose the wine, since he wasn't much of a hard liquor drinker. She poured bourbon on the rocks for herself.

"I like your place." He said.

"Thank you. I like it, but there are some things I need to do with it. I suppose there always are, right? She replied.

At first she looked a bit over-caffeinated but the drink gradually calmed her. "I haven't finished cleaning up." she said. Then she swept through the living room doing some final tidying up, fanning the magazines on the coffee table, then straightening and precisely positioning each lamp and knickknack. She took occasional sips of her drink as she moved. She slowed gradually, scrubbing off energy like the space shuttle hitting the upper atmosphere.

"If you want another, help yourself. It's in the fridge." she said as she made a final swoop through the dining room, which opened to the kitchen. He had finished his first glass in about three minutes. Thirst and nerves were to blame. He calmed a bit midway through the second glass and strolled around the room as she did the last bit of organizing.

She gave him a brief tour of the house and invited him out to the patio. Her patio was really a very low, house length deck. An outdoor table and cushioned iron chairs sat outside the glass patio door. It was a beautiful, mostly wooded, lot. Tall trees were scattered across her yard with smaller trees and larger bushes all but obscuring the neighbors to the rear. The sun would soon be sinking behind the neighbor's trees.

They chitchatted about work and each other's children. His boys were nine and eleven. Her son was eighteen and still lived with her, though he was not there that evening. Both were calmer now as their attention moved to more familiar areas of conversation. He thought she looked good in casual summer clothes. She seemed less tightly wrapped than at work, at least after the drink, and her more relaxed demeanor appealed to him.

She was glad he had accepted her invitation. He seemed happier than at the office, where he was quite reserved, though never gruff or unfriendly. They had talked about his divorce a couple of times over lunch. He usually didn't smile a lot but she knew he smiled more when they were talking or together at lunch.

They talked about her past marriages. Her first husband died in a car accident when her son was quite young. She married again, a few years later, to a biology professor. It was a misguided effort to find a replacement father for her son, with whom the man had quickly formed an attachment. The professor's attachment to her fell short, however, since he rarely touched her. Frustrated and disappointed, but not confusing marriage for a convent, she sent him on his way.

Their conversation came easier as they talked about the campaign she was working on, she handled the finances, and how she got involved. She was definitely a liberal, while he was all over the map on politics. He was quite liberal on some things . . . almost as liberal as she was about feminism, while he was conservative to the point of hawkishness on foreign affairs. In any case he was a calm debater. He made his points without raising his voice.

They kept pouring drinks and talking and, with the sun sinking behind the trees the daylight began to fade.

"We haven't had cake yet!" she exclaimed. "Let's have some."

They moved indoors just as the buzzing whine of mosquitoes began. He leaned against the refrigerator, watching and chatting as she uncovered the cake . . . not cake really but a layered dessert with chocolate cake and pudding in alternate layers.

He was enjoying both their conversation and the view of her legs. As she dished out two slices, he knew he was light headed. She must be too.

They moved to the dining room table, under a chandelier with a slowly rotating ceiling fan. He noticed that she had slipped off her sandals and, after sitting, casually pulled one knee up by her chest. He saw the leg of her shorts pull well up her thigh, with the hem nearly reaching her hip joint. He watched as she tugged down the fabric of her shorts and felt his cock stiffen. She caught him gazing at her thigh. He saw that she saw him, but he didn't look away.

She didn't know what should happen that evening, but she enjoyed the fact that he found her attractive. If he wanted to look, she didn't mind. He smiled a slight, conspiratorial smile.

Maybe she was too high to feel self-conscious. She felt more than just a little buzz. She was tipsy and felt a warm, sexy feeling building up between her legs. Eating and looking across the table at one another, some of the easy banter slipped away and the tension began to rise. Neither knew exactly what to do. He was wary about sex with someone from the office. No work romances, he thought. It'll never work out . . . he was not an optimist at this point in his life.

She had grown fond of him over the past several months and, though she was attracted to him, she didn't want to ruin a good friendship with someone at work.

He decided that he wasn't going to make the decision. He felt cowardly about it but he had been there well over two hours so it wouldn't seem rude if he decided to go. If anyone would make the first move it would have to be her. He would think about it later when he was more sober. There would be more chances in the future after all. It wasn't that he didn't want to. If he didn't work with her he would have kissed her already, he told himself.

"I should get going." he said. "I hate to eat and run." His excuses tumbled out. "I've had a good time . . . thanks for the invitation . . . It was fun."

"You're welcome, I'm glad you came." she replied warmly. "You should take some cake home to your boys! Let me cut a few slices." She moved to the kitchen and began slicing a few pieces to put in a plastic bag. He leaned on the kitchen counter, watching her slice and wrap the dessert. He gazed again at her long slim legs.

"I hope we can do this again." she said. She handed him the wrapped dessert and they walked through the living room to the top of the stair. It was a long and narrow stairway leading down to the entry level.

"Thanks again." he said, as he reached around to give her a warm but polite hug. Her arms went around his neck and she pulled him in close, her small breasts pushed into his chest as she pressed her warm cheek gently but firmly to his. The boldly sexual nature of the embrace told him that she was forcing the decision.

"Do you really have to go now?" she murmured into his ear. By now the embrace was a full body press from chest on down, belly to belly, thighs to thighs. Her hair smelled wonderful against his face and the pressure of her breasts and crotch pressing against him was powerfully persuasive.

Jesus! He thought. What do I do now? How can I do this and face her at work? It could be a disaster!

They were embraced at the top of the stair and if he took a step back he could take the first step down. He was wavering badly. If he was going to leave he had to do it quickly..

"Do you think this is a good idea?" he asked

"I'd like you to stay. You don't need to go, do you?" she stated more than asked.

He backed up and stepped down the first step, with his arms still around her. She was still pulling him to her firmly. He was now eight inches lower and she began to kiss his cheek needing to bend her neck down a few inches to do so. She was pushing her crotch into his belly button.

The comic aspect of the situation did not escape him. He gave up. He raised his hands to her face and moved his lips to hers, kissing first gently then gradually, as they explored each other's mouths, more intensely. His hands moved from her face over her shoulders and caressed her back over the tank top.

Being one step lower than she was, which felt ridiculous, made it awkward to embrace her. So, he lowered his hands to a more comfortable level at her lower back, then over her ass. He caressed her bottom gently at first, then kneaded her cheeks firmly and pulled her pelvis tightly against him. Her ass was as wonderfully firm, and as soft (?!) as it should be. They both flushed and breathed more heavily.

His hands slid over her bottom to the backs of her bare thighs, where he gently rubbed up and down. Standing a step below her was very convenient now. He slid his hands upwards under the loose legs of her shorts and slowly up her thighs until he reached her panties. They were plain cotton bikini panties, which he thought were at least as sexy as the fancier lacy types. His fingers slid under the elastic and around her bare ass where he gently kneaded and fondled her, then spreading his fingers wide he reached into her cleft. He spread her globes apart. He realized, with a jolt, that he had gone from resisting her initial embrace to a very forward move in mere minutes.

He wanted to be more romantic, so he stepped back up to her level and pulled her gently around the corner to the dimly lit hallway. Leaning back against the wall, he resumed kissing her. With his hands on her lower back and hips, he pulled her against him and again caressed up and down her back. Soon he slid his hands under the knit top, up and down over her warm, bare skin, then sliding them again under the elastic of her panties to again feel the skin of her soft round ass.

Moments later he brought his right hand around to her stomach, moving over the bra covered left breast, then the right, soon pushing the bra up over her breasts and leaving them bare. She had small breasts with small areolas and perfect nipples. They sagged just a bit but were still lovely and looked very edible.

Turning her around, he pressed her back gently against the wall. He caressed her breasts and traced her nipples with his index finger, then bent down to take a nipple in his lips, first sucking gently and then tracing it with his tongue, the left then the right. Her nipples stiffened and her breathing quickened.

She was shocked at how quickly things had progressed, from her hugging him tightly to leaning back against the wall with her bra and top pushed up and him sucking her nipples. They were getting out of control.

She hadn't planned to be so forward. She certainly hadn't expected how strongly she would respond to his touch but, after all, she hadn't been with a man for well over a year. Her nipples were painfully stiff and she felt an ache in her groin that need to be touched or filled or . . . fuck!

She peeked out from the hall to make sure no drapes were open. None were, except for the small window facing the neighbor's windowless garage. No one would see.

As she glanced, she felt his hands slide down her bare sides to her shorts and panties. His thumbs hooked the elastic waistbands and dragged the shorts and panties slowly over her hips and ass, down to her knees. He knelt down and kissed down the center of her just slightly rounded belly, then swirled his tongue in her navel and pulled the shorts and underwear to her ankles.

extempore
extempore
6 Followers
12