Choices Ch. 03

Story Info
Sometimes you get a second chance to make a choice.
5.8k words
4.17
36.5k
8

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/12/2022
Created 10/11/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,294 Followers

Hello everyone. Here is Chapter Three of Choices. I certainly hope you enjoyed Chapters One and Two. Thank you for continuing to read this story.

Thanks Jim.

It is self-edited, so any mistakes are my own. But please don't let any errors you may find distract from the story.

Please read and comment. Your thoughts are welcomed and I really want to know what you think. So now, on to the story "Choices, Chapter 3".

Also, I placed this chapter under LW, although personally I prefer R.

Chapter 3

TOM

Tom lay in his bed after Terri left wishing, wishing he could get her to see. He wished she could see him as the man that could love her through this. But, she was loyal. Loyal to a cheating bastard, but she was loyal none the less.

He couldn't stand Stephen. He was so callous, and egotistical.

How could he possibly love someone else? How could he fall out of love with Terri? She was simply perfection. Tom fumed.

And then there was Terri. He knew her guilt ate her up inside. Even though his declaration bothered her, she seemed to love cuddling into his ample frame. He loved the feel of her skin pressed against him, but he feared that today would be the last time he had that pleasure with her.

While contemplating, his phone rang; Seamus, from the local tavern, was calling him about his brother. Stephen had gone and gotten himself plastered and needed Tom to pick him up.

Wanting to refuse, but not wanting to endanger innocent pedestrians, Tom resolved to go and get his inebriated sibling.

As soon as he walked in, Stephen in a drunken stupor confronted him.

"Terri's mine." He declared voice slurred and unclear. "She'll never want you. Look at you, you're a slob."

Tom wouldn't respond and Stephen became more agitated. "You think she wants you. You plan on using what I told you to take her from me." He advanced stumbling toward his brother.

"I'll tell her you lied. She'll believe me. She believes everything I say. She's stupid. And you're even more stupid if you think she wants a fat, sorry slob like you."

Tom kept his temper in check, even though he wanted to knock his arrogant brother on his ass, drunk or not.

Tom got Seamus, the bartender, and Otis, another drinking buddy, to help him get Stephen into his car. He drove Stephen home, shaking with fury as he listened to him lament about the unfairness of his life.

Tom refrained from replying, but wanted to cold-cock his selfish, inconsiderate, drunkard of a brother.

Pulling into the drive, Tom helped Stephen from the car and to his front door. He then fished Stephen's keys from his pocket and helped him into the living room, depositing him on the sofa.

"Terri, help!" he called out awaking her from her fitful slumbers.

Terri donned her thin robe and met them in the front room. At this point, Stephen was knocked out. Terri had Tom to place him on the bed in the guest room. They worked together to undress him and then returned to the front of the house.

"Terri." Tom whispered. "Do you need me to stay tonight? I don't trust him. He was out of control" Tom whispered, genuinely concerned for her safety.

"He's in the guest room. You'll have to sleep on the couch," she whispered grateful that he was willing to stay.

Tom assented and Terri brought him fresh linen. However, he couldn't sleep. The woman he wanted was a door away. All he had to do was go to her.

But he knew it was wrong. Her husband, his brother, was passed out down the hall. Then he heard a crash, rushing to her bedroom, he wanted to make sure Terri was alright.

"Sorry," she whispered. "I'm fine. I tripped over the hope chest at the end of the bed. Go back to sleep, Tom."

Being in such close proximity with her, in a place they'd shared such intimacy brought Tom's body to life. He had to be with Terri, and his need could not, would not be denied.

Pulling her into an intimate embrace, Tom began tasting her. Terri loved the feel of his lips on her body, but knew it was wrong.

"Tom, please, we must stop. We can't do this." Terri whimpered as she pushed him away.

"Tom, I... I can't be with you. It's wrong. I never should have..." Sobbing softly, Terri whispered. "Tom, I'm sorry."

Tom was crushed. He knew his chances were slim to none. But he had hope in his heart. But she stood before him tears streaming down her face saying they could not be together.

"Terri, he's not worthy of you. Do you have any idea what your husband is doing?" Tom closed his eyes as he felt his hopes and dreams die a slow agonizing death.

"Tom, what is it that you know? Tell me. I know he told you something." Terri said to her lover.

"Terri, I can't. He has to tell you-" Tom stated before she cut him off.

"Then, if you can't tell me. Leave me alone, Tom. This isn't fair. If you know something, talk. If not, shut the fuck up." Terri growled. "Now get out of my bedroom."

Tom returned to his makeshift bed on the couch. He recalled every word Stephen uttered in his drunken stupor. He thought about what Terri had just said and he made a decision.

She wanted time and space, then he'd give it to her. He had always treated Terri and Stephen with a long handled spoon, what made him think things had changed.

Terri wanted him gone; then he'd honor her wish. After spending the night on the couch, Tom decided to relocate to Vancouver. He joined a construction crew there and took the time he needed to get over the one woman he could never have.

As he left her home early the next morning, he decided to severe contact with her, giving her all the time she needed to either dump Stephen or sort out everything and forgive him.

Tom decided to go on with his life, so he went back to his apartment, called his boss, and took a job offer that he thought he'd never consider. He called his Mom and told her his decision and asked that she let Stephen and Terri know. He still had feelings for Terri but deep down he knew he wasn't really what she wanted.

The next morning, Stephen woke up. Hung-over, head pounding, he recalled some of the hateful taunts he'd leveled at his brother. He felt horrible. Tom didn't deserve that and he needed to make amends.

Getting out of the bed, he walked into the kitchen to find Terri drinking coffee and reading a magazine. Stephen hated himself. He hated the pain he was causing her, but he could not give April up.

His phone rang and he ignored it. He wanted to talk to Terri and then find Tom and apologize. His phone rang again, and Terri stared at him.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" she asked.

"Hello" Stephen spoke into the phone. "Yes, yes sir. I'm sorry. I'll be in shortly."

Looking at his wife Stephen tried to explain that he had to go to work. He had a meeting he couldn't miss. He leaned over to kiss her cheek, and she again walked away.

In his hurry to leave, Stephen left his personal phone. Terri didn't even realize it until it rang. She started to ignore it, but curiosity got the better of her. Reaching into his jacket, she retrieved his phone.

Checking the caller ID, she saw the name April. "Hello," she answered.

"Um, hello. I was trying to reach Stephen. I think I dialed the wrong number." A voice answered sounding confused and unsure.

"No, this is his phone. He had to go in to the office and accidentally left it. I can tell him you called if you want to leave a message April." Terri replied seething inside.

"Um, Ok. Would you ask him to call me back?" Sighing she continued, politely. "If you don't mind me asking, who are you and why are you answering his phone?"

"Of course, I'm Terri, Stephen's wife." Terri whispered saccharinely sweetly into the phone. "I'll give him your message, April." Then she hung up and angrily flung the phone across the room.

Stephen had just left the meeting with the board on the budget when Marge, one of the secretaries told him he had an urgent phone call.

Not knowing what to think, Stephen rushed to the phone. "Hello," he answered frantically.

"You sick, selfish bastard. You stay away from my daughter. How dare you use her like this in some sick game. If you come near her again, I will personally end your days on this earth." Edith, April's mother hissed into the phone.

Stephen's heart froze. Something had happened to April.

"Edith, please tell me. April is alright." Stephen pleaded.

"No thanks to you. You arrogant ass." Edith continued angrily. "You see after April called this morning and spoke to your wife. She called me, crying. I never liked the idea of her moving in with you, and now I hate that I let that happen."

"She is removing her things from your apartment as we speak and she will return the keys to the manager post haste. We never want to see your sorry ass again. Stay the hell away from my daughter." Edith added emphatically and hung up.

Stephen tried to call back when he realized that the only way they would have talked to Terri was if she had his private phone.

He had to keep his cool. He couldn't leave work yet. He'd messed up two accounts and was now being watched closely.

Soon five o'clock came and he was headed home to deal with his angry wife. He was furious. She had no business answering his phone.

Storming into the house Stephen screamed for Terri. But there was no answer. Only a note. She'd left him and was filing for divorce.

She realized that she was in love with someone else. And because of her stubbornness, she'd lost the love of her life. But she'd rather be alone than miserable with a two-timing no good philanderer.

He'd be hearing from her lawyer in a few days.

He'd lost both women. Terri was his rock. She'd stood by him in his worse days. April was his youth. She was innocent and had no idea of what kind of man he really was. But she loved him unconditionally.

Then there was his brother, Tom. He knew Tom loved his wife and that made him feel even bigger. He also knew that it was Tom that Terri referred to in her note. Tom had taken his wife from him. And he didn't even know it.

Hours earlier when Terri saw April's name on the phone, she started not to answer it. But she had to. She had to put a voice or face to the name.

She could tell by the sound of the girl's voice. The shock that resonated when she answered that she had no idea Stephen was married. She sounded so young, so naïve, so innocent.

Crying she realized that in the last few years, Stephen didn't really love her. Yes he enjoyed fucking her, showing her off, and teasing his brother using her as fodder.

Then she thought about what Tom had told her. She had to make a choice. She had to choose. Well she had chosen, but she had made the wrong one.

She decided to call Tom and didn't get an answer. So, hoping into her car, she drove back to his apartment complex. Rushing to his door and knocking, she didn't get an answer. That's when she realized he was probably at work.

Terri decided to go home pack her thing and move to a nearby hotel. She didn't know what the future held, but she knew she deserved better than what she was receiving.

Stephen called his mother, his friends, and even tried to call Tom, hoping that maybe Terri was with him, no one knew where she was.

Tom saw Stephen's name on his caller ID and decided to cut his losses and not answer. He would be leaving in a few hours and then Stephen could find someone new to kick around.

Stephen called Terri's phone repeatedly. Eventually she answered. "Hello Stephen."

"Terri, thank God." Stephen sighed in relief. "You're alright. Can you come home we need to talk about this?"

"No, did you call her back, Stephen?" Terri asked. "Did she know that you were even married?"

"Terri, please." Stephen pleaded. "Let me explain."

"Did you explain to that girl? What lies did you tell her?" Sobbing softly, Terri continued. "Her mother called after I hung up. She asked me for the truth.

"Eight months, Stephen. You've been seeing with this girl for eight months, living with her for the last four." Terri stated disgustedly. "Nothing I have..." she stopped herself.

"What hurts the most is I knew. I knew you had to be doing something, but I chose to ignore the signs." Terri continued.

"Why? Stephen?" Terri asked. "Why?"

"I love her Terri. She feels a need in me that ..." Stephen exhaled.

"I'm sorry. You don't deserve this, but it happened. I won't contest the divorce. I just ask that we split everything evenly." Stephen requested.

Terri was outraged. He cheated. Not just cheated but was living another life. She chose him over the one man that really loved her and she didn't know if he would even talk to her anymore.

"Stephen, you don't know what-" He stopped her.

"Tom is in love with you, Terri. He has been for years. I know you know that and have probably been with him." Stephen added becoming even more agitated at the thought.

Terri didn't confirm or deny his accusation. Her silence told Stephen what he needed to know.

"Terri, tell me you didn't sleep with my brother?" Stephen demanded.

She had heard enough and didn't owe him any explanations.

"Good bye Stephen" Terri said before ending the call. "My lawyer will call you. Then hanging up, she grieved for the death of her marriage.

Stephen wanted to find Tom and demand answers. Find his wife and force the truth from her. Go to April and reassure her that he was who she thought he was. But for a moment, he was frozen and stumped. He couldn't move.

He called April, but she wouldn't take his calls. He decided to go see Tom.

Stephen drove up to his brother's apartment to find his home empty. Calling his mother, Stephen learned that Tom had moved to Canada and would be gone for at least a year.

Did Terri know? Did she realize her lover had left? Well, maybe given time he could win his wife back.

Months passed. Every now and then, Tom would find out what was going on with Stephen and Terri through his mother. Not that he asked, she'd just drop tidbits of news.

He'd been in Canada for over eight months, when he called his Mom and she told him that Terri and Stephen had divorced.

A part of him cheered for her and wanted to rush and be by her side. But just because she'd divorced his philandering brother didn't mean she would want him. So Tom decided to finish out his contract and make his decision, once his one year visa expired.

Patricia also informed him that he was now an uncle. Apparently, Stephen had a daughter with April. He wondered how Terri took that news. For a second, he considered reaching out to her, but decided not to.

He'd made a few friends in Canada, and enjoyed hanging out with them. One night while out drinking with the guys, he heard a familiar voice.

"Tom, Tom, is that you?" Stacy greeted her old friend with a hug. Returning her embrace, Tom acknowledged his friend. The two spent time talking and catching up. Eventually they agreed to get together weekly.

Tom and Stacy dated each other for months. Stacy knew he was hurt by someone, but Tom was not a guy to talk about his feelings.

Stacy loved being with Tom. The sex with him was amazing. She could never get enough of him. Her first night being with him since they'd met again was mind-blowing.

Tom took her out to eat and they ended up getting a room at a cheap hotel. Stacy loved to fuck and Tom was just the man to give her what she needed.

Tom hadn't had sex since Terri and he was horny as fuck the first night he was with Stacy. Stacy was primed and ready to go. All it took was a look, and it was on.

Stacy was the perfect fuck buddy. She made no demands, and wasn't clingy or needy. Both he and Stacy agreed to see each other and scratch an itch. No promises, no expectation, and no attaching more to the relationship than needed.

So he and Stacy saw each other as often as they needed to, during his tenure there.

But some nights despite his declarations and denials, Tom only thought of Terri. He often wondered was she safe. Was she seeing someone else? Had she forgotten him? But she said she needed space, and he'd honor her wish.

Soon the holidays came around, and Patricia was hosting a dinner at her home. She called Tom and insisted he come because it had been over a year since she'd seen him.

Tom had no desire to attend the dinner, for he knew Stephen would be there. When he left, he hated his brother. Stephen's cruel words had cut him deep and hard. He hadn't spoken to him since that night and although he'd called apologizing and begging for forgiveness.

He wasn't sure he wanted to talk to him, but one day he answered the phone and they talked. Stephen apologized and Tom forgave him. But he would not return home.

However, Patricia was insistent and wanted dinner with her sons. She didn't like what happened with Terri and Stephen and told him so. She was even more disgusted with her oldest son when she learned that he had lied to and manipulated the young woman he had the affair with.

When Patricia learned that April was pregnant with her first grandchild, she made it her business to go and meet this girl. Their first meeting was tentative, but Patricia let it be known to both April and Edith, that she did not fault April in any way. Stephen lied and caused this. She just wanted to be included in her grandchild's life.

April

When April ended her relationship with Stephen, she didn't think she'd survive it. She may be young but she wasn't a home wrecker. If she had known he was married, she never would have gotten involved with him. Learning that he was married floored her.

April was worried, because Stephen hadn't called her that morning. So, she called him and a woman answered the phone. The woman said she was his wife.

She was excited and decided to call and tell him that she'd earned an internship with his company, but that wasn't the big news. They'd get to see each other at work now. Never in a million years did she imagine, that this man, whom she loved, had a wife.

She'd just learned that was pregnant, and was devastated to find herself in this predicament. She was the other woman. April flashed back to the time her family was destroyed when her father had an affair with another woman.

Seven year old April sat in her bedroom, sobbing as she listened to Momma and Daddy argue. Then, she heard a girl's voice. The girl said hateful things to Momma. April left her bed and walked out to see who this person was. Then the girl hit Momma. Daddy grabbed Momma and wouldn't let Momma fight back. He threw Momma on to the floor. He then hugged the girl and left with her, and she never saw him again. Momma was hurt and she cried for a long time.

Seeing the woman actually attacked her mother, and her father defended the girl ripped her life apart. She vowed to never do something like that to another person, but because of Stephen's deceit that was exactly what she'd done.

She hung up the phone and called the only person she could think of, Momma. Bawling uncontrollably, April told her mother what she'd found out. Edith rushed to her daughter's side. Taking her phone, she dialed Stephen's number and the strange woman answered again.

At first, she thought the woman was lying, but deep down Edith knew the truth. She and Terri talked as April sat crying with her heart, broken. Soon Edith and Terri stopped talking and she embraced her heartbroken daughter.

"April, listen to me." Edith comforted her distressed child. "Baby, this is not your fault. That man lied to you. He lied to all if us."

"Tell me what you want to do and I'm here." She asked.

"Momma, I should have listened to you. You told me not to..." Sobbing she continued. "I should have listened."

"He has a wife Momma. I'm a home wrecker. I owe her an apology, but she probably hates me." April continued. "I have to talk to her, explain. But I can't right now. It hurts too much."

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,294 Followers
12