Choices Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Dead silence, his confession was met with dead silence and he looked up at his brother. He expected to see anger, hurt, resentment, but what he saw shocked him. Stephen was smiling.

"Is that all? I already knew that. Figured it out all by myself." Stephen looked at his brother. "Tom, you loved her. That's what happens when a man loves a woman."

"Wait, you're not angry, pissed. Come one Stephen." Tom asked incredulously. "It doesn't bother you?"

"When I first realized it happened I hated you and her. Here she was making me feel bad about April while screwing my brother, no less. And here you were my brother, slamming doors in my face. Making me feel horrid, but then you went away. I know you. You would fight to the death to protect the woman you love, and that would be the only reason you'd leave." Stephen explained.

"I was angry at first. I wanted her to accuse me of infidelity in divorce court, but Terri didn't. She even had April sitting with her and had irrefutable proof, but we both filed for a no fault divorce, splitting our assets evenly. Then she simply walked away from me.

I watched her cry for you. For months she looked so lost and lonely, then Lottie came back.

Tom looked away. "Lottie loves her Stephen. I know how the girl feels. I don't know..."

"She doesn't deserve to be hurt like this." Tom hissed.

"Well." Stephen said, as the older sibling he was the wisest at this point. "Unless you two plan to share Terri, someone will be heartbroken. But Tom, I know you care for her. You've been gone a year. Is your love still genuine or is it the aftermath of an affair from long ago? Think about it."

"Now let's eat". And the two men enjoyed their lunch.

Tom drove back to Mom's house and finished repairs.

When Stephen got off work April called. She wanted to let him know that they'd arrived home safely. She also asked if he could come over and visit after the holidays. Stephen smiled and told her nothing could keep him away. Then he bid her good night and they hung up.

April seemed different. Her tone, the way she spoke to him seemed softer. Something had changed. Stephen was sure nothing had but, hey a guy could dream.

-----

Lottie and Terri decided to spend a quiet evening at home. They simply lounged on the sofa and held each other close. Lottie wanted to asked where she stood, but was too afraid.

Terri wanted promise Lottie that they'd always be together, but she knew in her heart of hearts she wanted Tom. Lottie deserved so much more than this. The last thing Terri wanted to do was hurt her one true friend.

Lottie needed some space. She got off of the sofa and grabbed her jacket.

"Hey, where are you going?" Terri asked reaching for her jacket as well.

"Terri, no. I need some time. I just want to be alone for a while." Lottie explained as she walked out of the door.

Terri watched her go and her heart broke. She'd once again hurt her best friend."

I hope you enjoyed Chapter Five of "Choices". Chapter Six has to be written and I'm working on it. Please remember to vote and comment. I really would like to know what you think. If you like the story, tell me what you liked. If you think it's horrible, tell me why. Send me a private message if your comment is extremely detailed.

Again, thanks Jim. You're the best.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers
12