Choices Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers

She didn't notice the shadow that crossed Terri's face as she realized how callously she'd treated her best friend. Lottie was right. She deserved so much more. She then stood and went to the bedroom she'd shared with her friend for the past year.

Terri followed her. She didn't know what to think. Lottie ended their relationship. She was numb. I can't believe Lottie ended... But she'd also said "never again." What was she doing now?

Lottie started to pull her things. "I'm moving back to the second bedroom. I'll stay here until our lease ends, but then I'll find a new place to live."

"Wait, Lottie." Terri stopped her friend. "Who were you with? What did they say to you?."

Lottie stopped for amoment and looked at her friend. Terri was clearly confused and she deserved a real explanation.

Sitting on the bed, Lottie asked her a question. She believed she already knew the answer, but she needed to know. "Terri, did I even stand a chance against him?"

Terri froze and then decided not to lie. "Lottie, I love him. I want to be with him, but I can't lose your friendship. You're my best friend."

Lottie paused, "Terri, be honest with me. What is this really about?" she asked.

Terri whispered, "No, just you Lottie. But, you're my best-"

Lottie stood and embraced her friend. "Terri, I'm still your best friend. We will always be best friends. Terri do you think I'm only your friend because of the sex?"

Terri, standing and looking alone and terrified, shook her head, "No, Lottie. It's not that. I can't really explain."

Lottie smiled and hugged her best friend and whispered. "We need a break from each other. I'm sleeping in the other room from now on. But, girl, you need to decide if you really want Tom, or not. Even when he leaves in a few days, you need to think and make a choice. Do you really want him, or is he just another safety net?" Then she left to carry her things to her new room, leaving Terri sobbing softly on her bed.

Terri knew they were going to end their relationship. She didn't understand why it affected her the way that it did. It made no sense. But Lottie was right, they needed to go on and end it.

Tomorrow, they'd simply go back to being friends.

Tom, Stephen, and their friends were calling their night to an end as well. Hanging out at the pub was fun.

The holiday was two days away, and soon Tom would be leaving. Stephen wanted to ask him to stay with him, but decided to leave things as they were. Tom said he needed space. He'd give it to him.

"So," asked Stephen as he drove Tom back to his hotel. "Have you decided to talk with Terri?"

Tom smiled, "We talked before I went out tonight. She needs to decide what she wants. Besides, I'm going back to Canada in a few days. She has time to decide."

Stephen stared at his brother, amazed. "How do you do it man? Stay so calm. Are you afraid she'll choose Lottie?"

Tom smiled, "Stephen, I won't mess up this time. She has to come to me unencumbered, of her own free will. Besides if she choose Lottie, then that's the best choice for her. I'll deal with it, but I won't be a third party again. We won't sneak around. If we are meant to be together, we will be." He declared.

Stephen nodded in agreement. He understood what his brother meant. He would not give up on trying to convince April to give him another chance.

"April called. She asked me to visit this weekend." Stephen stated.

Tom paused. "Well, that's great. You'll get to spend time with your daughter."

Stephen took a deep breath. "Something was different when she called. Her tone. I don't know. Maybe I imagined it."

"When are you flying out?" Tom asked. He was booked on a flight back to Vancouver Canada on Saturday.

After the holidays, I'll go for sure. I'll probably drive over Saturday after your flight leaves." Stephen answered.

Stephen dropped Tom off and went home. As Tom was heading to bed his phone rang.

"Hello." he answered recognizing the number immediately. "Lottie, is everything alright? Are you OK? Terri?"

"No, but it will be. Terri and I are over. We ended it tonight." Lottie explained. "She loves you Tom. Treat her good when you get her."

"Wait, Lottie. What happened? Where's Terri?" he asked as his heart beat in excitement. If what Lottie said was true he could be with Terri sooner than later.

"She's in her room. She doesn't know I called you." Lottie exhaled. "She's my best friend Tom. She'll always be my best friend."

"Lottie, are you alright?" Tom asked. He knew that she too cared about Terri.

"I'm fine." Lottie answered, smiling.

"I'm always fine. Call her alright." Lottie suggested. "Night, Tom."

The next morning, Tom called Terri to see if she was alright. "Hello." Terri answered her phone.

"Are you alright? Lottie called. She said-" Terri interrupted.

"She ended our affair.'' Terri whispered, "We're over."

Tom's heart raced. If she and Lottie were done, then that freed the way for him.

"Terri, I'm coming over." He stated.

"No, Tom. Don't come over. I need time. Look, let me call you." Terri stated. "I'll call before you leave.

Over the next few days, no one saw or heard from Lottie or Terri. Tom's concerned increased dramatically. Finally, he gave in and right before going to his mother's house, he stopped by the flat.

Terri was home, and quickly invited him in. Tom came in and realized that Lottie wasn't there. "Terri, where's Lottie? I mean it's not-" Terri stopped him.

"She's with Dean and her family. They invited her over for dinner." Terri smiled. "Lottie and Dean make a cute couple."

"Um, Terri, I'm going to Mom's for dinner, come with me." Tom suggested. "You know she loves you."

"Thanks, Tom, but I have to say no. Your family needs time together without extra people, especially, me.

"Well, I'll stay here with you." Tom suggested smiling.

"No, aren't you going home tomorrow?" Terri asked. She stood and walked to her door and opened it. "Go be with your family. Forget about me and my mess for once. "

One look at her face, and he knew arguing would be fruitless. So Tom, hugged her close and whispered, "Terri, I love you."

He got in the cab he had asked to wait and went on to his mother's house. It had been a longtime since he shared a dinner with his family and it was nice. But Tom wasn't done.

He'd actually checked out of the hotel when he left and was staying with his mother his last night in town. The next morning, Stephen was driving him to the airport for an early flight.

Tom couldn't sleep. He could not get Terri out of his mind. Finally around midnight, he called. He and Terri talked and reached an understanding.

The next morning, Stephen picked Tom up and took him to the airport. He'd stay with him until he boarded his plane, and then Stephen was driving to try and win back April. He knew his chances were slim to none, but he had to try.

Tom flew back to Canada, but not before calling Terri once more. She didn't answer, so he left a voicemail. He hoped when she checked her messages, she'd consider his offer. He prayed her final decision would be the outcome they both longed for.

Several months later

"How are you not dressed? We have to be at the airport in thirty minutes. We promised them, we'd be there to pick them up." Terri said to her boyfriend, Tom. He looked at her and smiled. They'd been dating for over six months and things were going well.

At first Tom considered proposing, but he wasn't ready. Although he loved her, he wasn't ready to take a big step like getting married.

Terri was relieved. She really cared about Tom, as well, but she needed time to adjust and live her life before committing herself completely to someone else, again.

However, she was extremely happy for Lottie. Her best friend was finally engaged to the one woman in the world for her, Deanna, and she couldn't wait to see them. When Lottie first started dating Dean, Terri was worried.

But then, she saw a side of Dean, she'd never seen before. Dean was sweet, kind, caring, and extremely protective of Lottie. Lottie deserved the best and that's what Dean gave her. She was the perfect person for her best friend.

"Tom, hurry." Terri rushed her man, "Lottie and Dean are waiting on us. Let's go."

Tom walked from their modest small home smiling. "Alright already, let's go woman. Women, sheesh. Tom chuckled recalling how excited Terri was when Lottie called and told her Dean proposed.

Her excitement went full blast when they decided to come to Canada to visit and so she could help plan the wedding. They'd marry at Dean's grandmother's home, because a church wedding wasn't permissible. Terri was her maid of honor and she took her role seriously.

Terri chattered nonstop. So before climbing into his truck to head to the airport, he pulled Terri into his arms and kissed her effectively silencing her for a moment. "Terri, I love you." he whispered, smiling, as his love for her showed in his eyes.

Terri looked at her man and wondered how she got so lucky. She never believed that she could be this content. "I love you, too. Now let's go. We have to pick up our friends." She exclaimed rushing him to get inside the truck and drive.

Soon they were off the the airport.

The End.

I hope you enjoyed the final chapter of "Choices". Please remember to vote and comment.

Again, thanks Jim. You're the best. IR2R

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers
12