Chosen Mate Ch. 13

Story Info
Ad Interium Hoc.
798 words
4.73
7.6k
6
Story does not have any tags

Part 14 of the 14 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/22/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
HarryHill
HarryHill
98 Followers

Epilog

Harry's notes: Ad Interim Hoc. So, here it is, the last save my closing remarks and perhaps a tease for which may follow. It's been fun sharing my dreams with you; there are pages of others and more swirling 'cross my thoughts, and if I'd stop writing poetry, there's more instead of naught. I'm placing this in Romance where the story began; a good place to end. I think Oldman would agree.

His encircled listeners were silent as the last words were spoken. Of course they did not live happily ever after, but there were years where the illusion of happiness covered them like warm fuzzy blankets against a cold winter. He paused, thinking back on the countless permutations of operations that followed River and Sweetwater; all the long preparation, that led finally, to the year of blood and fire that removed the Formorian's control of humanity and slaughter of Fay on this continent.

His thoughts once again turned over the waters. He wondered if others were born into bondage far across them in the same manner that his child was born to freedom. His awareness looked into the void of the shining paths. He picked one and followed it away. Oldman's voice, lost in the distance, spoke from the paths of somewhere behind him, calling for Sandra.

--Har ri na, is the story over? What happened after that? The Dreamer did not speak; his eyes slowly closed. The boy looked up as the Princess entered his sphere of awareness. The children observed her anxious aura speeding toward them with wide eyes; they wondered what stray dog wandered in their midst.

Sandra rushed across the sand to Harry side at Oldman's call. Bring mother she thought sharply to the youth. He sped toward the city, spurred by the urgency in her mind, calling for Margay as he streaked toward the city.

Sandra splashed into the warm pool, still encircled by the children that had never seen such an occurrence in their lives. Wrapping herself around Harry, she poured healing energy into the dim spark that she loved so well. Sandra called to the faint shadow of Harry's awareness, so far away in the shining paths of purple that had no end.

--Attend me Harry! She commanded. ...We are not done with you yet. Sobs loosed her salty tears to fall, raining brokenheartedly on his silent unmoving form, and into the salty water where he lay. ...I do not know if I can continue without you love. She cried; her aura dimed, as she gave all the energy she contained to his unmoving body. The children extended their wings to Sandra, adding their energy to hers. Harry took a breath, then became still again.

Margay was a white blur, moments later, that raced over the sand to them. She moved into the nest, pushing Sandra out of the way, and placed her hands on Harry's thin chest. Her silver white wings spread, huge as they gathered energy from the sun.

--Not so fast, Dreamer. Did you ask your leave? None will go before me, unless sent away; all those called will come. I call you, Har ri na, return to my presence. Her white radiance poured into him with a force like a borning sun. His spark of life brightened and he awoke, blinking and looking into their faces.

--Did I fall asleep? He asked looking about at the faces of his adopted people, clustered around him with concerned thoughts.

--Yes my Lord. Sandra said. ...You were dreaming. Tears of joy and sadness were on her face for the man that had lived twice the span of a normal human. ...Come love, lets away to our fairy bedroom. They walked across the sand to the city. The children ran alongside them, singing, as they returned to the sweet shaded streets of the city, that waited under the trees before them.

Oldman was silent, looking into the path from where Harry returned. The youth turned his wrinkled forehead and his wondering thoughts to him.

--Oldman, what happened to the Dreamer? Where did he go? For a moment Oldman paused, a rare occurrence for him who could compress so many thoughts into an instance of time.

--I believe it was the path that all men must take, Fay too, at one time of their life.

--Where does it go, Oldman? Is there another Endless Sea?

--I don't know. I haven't been down it yet.. He felt Sandra tug at the golden cord that joined the three. He sped to her thoughts, looking out of her eyes and listening from her ears as they moved to Sand Castle, under the green growth that covered the fortress, watching over the gulf. The children sang the song of the Dreamer on the way.

HarryHill
HarryHill
98 Followers