Cities of Power Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,526 Followers

"You don't seem so sure," Talon watched her expressive face and the way she wound a tendril of hair around her finger as she thought about his words.

"It is the way it is," she said quietly, "I will miss Mica though, he always brings me sweet treats when he comes home from a journey, and makes everyone laugh, even father."

Again Talon found himself considering this strange girl, so unlike the spirited, argumentative women of his city who seemed to be constantly at war with something or someone, this girl was accepting and forgiving of her circumstances. She did not even seem to have ill feelings toward her kidnappers. There was now the opportunity to take the girl as well as her brother. He swivelled his head to find Venn watching them, as he knew he would be.

Venn had survived so long within the constantly changing hierarchy of the city and on his many journeys into the wilderness; he had been alert and aware for all signs of danger in its many forms. He narrowed his eyes, for all her seeming innocence and sweetness, he knew the girl was dangerous, and whatever game Talon had in mind would only bring more trouble than she was worth. He turned his head to look at the boy. Also obviously dangerous, he was valued by this village, and they did not seem to want to give him up easily. This mission was rapidly slipping from Venn's control, and he stared into the darkness beyond the door planning his next move.

In the first rays of dawns early light, the Phoenix warriors started their bikes within the abandoned house they had stayed in and roared out of the doorway past the startled bandits who had been set to watch their movements. Venn had ordered Talon to take Mica on his bike; it was as he had said, more powerful and faster than the older models of the other two warriors. Trix sat behind Edge, clinging to his large frame as they sped from the village leaving the chagrined leader, Judah, standing and cursing them from the front portico of his home.

Mica had whooped with joy from his position behind Talon, revelling in the speed and the rush of the wind in his face. They travelled for half of the day heading back towards the village they had taken Trix from to meet with the blacksmith. Venn had questioned Mica about the route his father would travel and the time it would take him to get to various points. They pulled into a clearing that Mica expected his father to move through toward the end of the day before reaching the next village of faith.

They had found a place half hidden within scrubby trees and waited, eating ration packs and saying very little. They heard, rather than saw, the approaching men and took up positions on the tree line, holding their weapons on the two hostages they held. "Call him," Venn said to Trix.

"Father!" she yelled, the distance between them still so wide that she was unsure he would hear her, but his head whipped around to the sound of her voice and darkened at the sight of the three Techno bandits holding his children with weapons pointed threateningly at them. The group of ten men formed together, waiting for Spar to make his move.

Cobalt moved to his father's side, Emery and Flint standing directly behind them with men from the village they passed through the night before. Spar had planned to raise a small posse to retrieve his daughter as he had travelled, but the techno's had surprised him by turning back to meet him once they had found Mica.

His eyes looked from his daughter to his youngest son, and he cursed. "Are you hurt?" Spar called as he walked closer to the small group.

"They are both unhurt," Venn assured him, moving out before them, "Meet me half way, alone," Venn indicated the grassy clearing. The two hulking men walked slowly forward, sizing up each other's strengths and possible weaknesses.

They stopped a few feet apart, "The young one," Venn tilted his head back toward Mica, "Wishes to be the one to come with us." Spar grunted and looked over at Mica, who seemed relaxed, despite his predicament. "He is young and impetuous, quick to temper, quick to laugh," Venn continued. "His quick temper revealed who he was to us, regardless of the girl's attempts to protect him through subterfuge."

Spar was surprised and looked over at his daughter. She was not the type to speak out against authority, let alone attempt subterfuge to save her brother. She was meek, mild and obedient, as every girl should be.

"We would rather take one of your other sons that is less volatile than this one. But as we have him with us already and willing to accompany us, unless one of your other sons will take his place with equal willingness, we will take this young one," Venn looked past his shoulder to the other three young men, noting their belligerent stance and shook his head. "Perhaps they are all just as volatile."

Spar finally spoke, "I will not willingly give you any of my children. If you try to take even one of them I will hunt you to the end of your days."

"As you wish it to be," Venn walked backwards until he had rejoined his fellow warriors, and the men with Spar walked up to join him.

Mica climbed to the back of Talon's bike, sensing the shift in mood and knowing his father was about to attempt to rescue him, "Father," Mica called, "I want to go and see the wonders of the city. Take Trix home to mother and tell her I am happy and will think of her often."

Talon realised his chance to take the girl had passed and climbed aboard his bike, reminding himself she was an insignificant village girl and he was the first son of the House of Hawk, current rulers of the Air Clan and members of the cities presiding council. He did not need nor want another slave, neither did he need the distraction of the odd feeling the strange girl aroused in him.

Talon's bike roared to life, and he pulled away from the other two warriors. He looked at the young girl momentarily, and as the other bikes roared to sing along loudly with his own, they took off at speed, leaving Trix standing alone at the edge of the trees before she walked slowly to her father, knowing they would not return now that they had what they wanted.

xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,526 Followers