Coming of Age Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Not the point..." Crystal said feeling her anger rise.

"Actually it is..." Thais said firmly, "Everything happens for a reason Crystal, this had to play out this way, any other way would have ended in death. Seeing the future isn't easy, I see things and have to let them happen, to not let them happen might change the future too drastically, might cause more damage than good. When I am given the option to change something I do but if I don't have the option I let it go, in time you will understand why this had to happen this way."

Jasmine nudged Crystal, "Come on, we survived with little to no permanent damage and in the process a dangerous rogue tribe was caught. That's a good thing."

Crystal frowned but silently conceded that things had turned out well. "Who were you on the phone with?"

"The FBI, they will be here in a few moments... in fact..." Thais tilted his head, already he could hear the sirens. "That is them."

****

Crystal hesitated as they returned home, she dug her phone out of her pocket and walked to the garage as the others went inside, answering the FBI's questions had been tedious but a necessary evil and they were all glad to be home. Crystal opened her phone and dialled a number by route.

"Yello?" Destiny said cheerfully.

"That is still the stupidest greeting ever," Crystal said before she hopped onto a bench.

"It may be stupid but I like it, how are you?" Destiny asked.

"Okay... I think... I was hurt earlier and was forced to drink some of Serenity's blood." Crystal explained.

"Hmm..." Destiny said thoughtfully, "and?" She added.

"It was the yummiest thing I had ever tasted, I just wanted to drink it forever... I have never wanted something like this before and there are other things, I am stronger..."

"Faster... your beast seems a little closer to the surface but you are still in complete control regardless." Destiny rattled off, "it's the blood in your system, Susan's blood has the same reaction inside of me. You feel like you can do anything, more powerful than anything you've experienced before," Destiny continued, "that is Amy's blood, I've had some of that remember, not that I ever want to do it again, it isn't nearly as luscious as Susan's blood. It is that... freaky unknown quality to her blood which has been passed to her children."

"I'm afraid... afraid that if I go near Serenity I will attack her. I want her blood more than... anything."

Crystal waited but heard nothing on the other side of the line, she waited for Destiny to go over her thoughts and memories. "Sorry... I... Amy is glaring at me... got to go... bye." Destiny said before she hung up.

Crystal groaned and went to throw her phone.

"You'll regret that later," Thais said as he walked in moments before Crystal let her phone fly.

She glared at him as she shoved the phone into her pocket, "I thought you didn't meddle with the future."

He chuckled, "I doubt that the future is going to shift drastically just because I stopped you from breaking your phone. Ma breaks phones all the time and I never see the fabric of time rewrite because of that."

"The future is subject to chaos and freewill therefore even the smallest action or inaction can cause a massive reaction."

He frowned as he watched her, "who told you that?" His mind flicked quickly through her past, looking for the information but came back with nothing, she had not been told that, he could understand if she had come up with it on her own but the wording was exactly as it was written in the book of Ancients and only Ancients could read that book.

Crystal frowned as she tried to remember where she had learnt that from and came up with a blank. "I... don't... know..."

He watched her for a moment, "so did you get the answer you wanted from Destiny?" He asked hoping to change the conversation.

"No... I think my call interrupted a meeting with Amy." Crystal answered.

"Perhaps she couldn't give you the answer because she knew you had to come up with it yourself." He said.

"Huh?" Crystal said confused.

He chuckled, "You have the answers you crave, you just need to realise it." He stood and left.

Crystal blinked, what the fuck did that mean, I know the answers, but what the fuck are the questions?

*

Crystal paced in her room later that night, the house was quiet for the first time in weeks, everyone but she was asleep and Rayven was out finishing off her paper work as tonight was her last night with the FBI. She was dressed for bed, a simple tank top and shorts in black with little cartoon sheep all over them, although she hadn't gotten close to sliding between the covers. The beast within her, which made her a vampire... kind of... was restless, giving her no peace. However, she had been ignoring her dark side all afternoon and evening as well as almost all of her life, so it wasn't hard.

Her mind puzzled over Thais's words, I have the answers, what fucking answers and what questions? Stupid friggin' Ancients and their stupid fucking riddles. Why can't they just give straight answers. She thought to herself and felt herself answering her comment, Because there are no straight questions. She paused, curses now she was thinking in riddles.

She ran her fingers through her hair in frustration, just what the hell was wrong with her today. The answer came as her mind flashed back to Serenity and the taste of her blood, she had been on edge since, expectant, the creature within her made its presence more dominant, urging her to go to the delicious one, that the delicious one was theirs.

Was theirs? She questioned and as if something finally fell into place she realised what the answer was and the question that went with it. A question she had asked herself often over the years of her long life, but had it taken this long to get the answer. She mentally slapped herself, Serenity's scent seemed to cling to her skin and she had decided not to smell her as she simply didn't think she needed to. Serenity was her mate, she either knew and was waiting for me to catch on or she didn't know yet, which Crystal thought was strange considering all the hugs she had been getting from Serenity lately.

Thais's words again jumped out at her, everything happens for a reason, and now she knew the reason, this whole experience, their friends being tagged by Vampires, Rayven coming into their lives, the opening of old wounds and the healing of those same wounds was all in preparation for this moment, this realisation, that not only did she have a mate but that she was never going to lose her. So... did that mean that Serenity was also Jewel or was Jewel just... a crush.

The beast within her didn't care, it wanted what was hers and it wasn't going to let her rest until she got it. Crystal sighed and went to her door, she paused as she thought about what she was going to do. Her hand took the handle and held it for several long moments, releasing it she paced to her bed then turned back to the door. This went on for several long minutes before she finally worked up the nerve to open the door, why was she nervous!

She crossed the hall to Serenity's room and quietly opened the door before slipping in and locking the door once she was in. Her eyes, accustomed to the darkness, quickly scanned the room making sure Thais wasn't cuddled up to his sister, a stupid thought because he likely knew what was going to happen tonight.

Her eyes came to rest on Serenity who was sleeping on blissfully unaware of the shift her life was about to take. Serenity was asleep on her stomach, her legs and arms spread wide, a blanket covered part of her body, a tank top covered her torso. Crystal considered her next move carefully, she didn't want to put Serenity on the defensive or make her feel threatened. She finally decided to just crawl in beside her and see what happened.

Serenity mumbled as she felt the bed shift but she did nothing as she was used to having people crawl into bed with her, Crystal shifted closer. Serenity's cat, alert while her human slept, took a deep breath and was instantly alert waking her human side with the simple warning, Danger!

Nothing changed in Serenity's body language, she still appeared to be asleep, she mumbled and turned her head, shifting her body towards the scent. Relaxing for several moments to make it seem like she had just decided to move in her sleep, she opened one eye a fraction and waited for her eye to focus on the person beside her.

"I know you're awake," Crystal said and Serenity suddenly relaxed, her beast retreated and she opened her eyes.

"Why are you in my bed?" Serenity asked her voice raspy with sleep, she rolled onto her back.

Crystal hesitated; she didn't know how to answer her. Serenity shrugged and got comfortable before trying to go back to sleep. Crystal felt like an idiot, she couldn't even bring herself to tell her mate that they were mates. She needed to get Serenity to realise it, which was actually easy, she just had to get Serenity to smell her. She moved quickly until she was over Serenity.

Serenity's eyes snapped open, the normally deep blue pools were gone in their place were slightly glowing blue eyes, she growled at Crystal in a warning. She went to push Crystal off of her but found her hands suddenly trapped by Crystal's, her growl went up several octaves.

"I don't want to hurt you," Crystal said firmly and in a sign of complete trust she released Serenity's hands and leant down, turning her head aside and left her neck open for attack if Serenity or her beast felt so inclined.

Serenity frowned, both sides of their personality were confused, at first they thought Crystal was being aggressive but these actions didn't relate with being aggressive, they were signs of trust.

"What are you doing?" Serenity asked.

Crystal sighed, "just smell me already."

"I know your scent," Serenity answered, Crystal's scent screamed Danger at Serenity and it wasn't a scent she liked although she had taught herself to accept it as Crystal was... pack. She had no problems with Destiny's scent as Susan's blood had infused Destiny's enough to change her scent to one that was pleasant and Vlha, well he smelt more Were than he did Vampire and was the easiest to come to accept.

"No you don't, please... just smell me."

"Fine, but once I do this I want an explanation." Serenity grumbled

Crystal nodded and waited. Serenity hesitated for a moment before she pressed her nose to Crystal's skin and took a deep breath, the scent which tagged her as a Vampire was still there and overpowered almost everything else, almost, underneath the Vampire scent there was something else. She took another deep breath wanting to learn what that something else was, she pushed aside the Vampire scent and focused on that other scent, Crystal's true scent. Once she had it she tried to describe it as her beast started purring in her mind. Honey... no... nectar... no... while she was trying to figure it out she suddenly stopped, she knew that scent, knew it and had dreamed of it since she started having sexual thoughts.

Crystal was her mate, her beast growled in agreement. Her nose started to run up the delicate column, Crystal sensing the change in Serenity's body language tilted her head until her nose came in contact with Serenity's skin. For long moments they did nothing but breathe in the other's scent, letting the scent of their mate fill their senses. There was no communication between them but as one they both turned and started to kiss gently. Their mouths opened as the kiss deepened, their tongues sliding sensuously against each other, the barbells in their tongues adding to the pleasure of their kiss.

Serenity's hands moved from above her head to rest on Crystal's hips. They broke their kiss and panted, trying to get their breaths back. Serenity moved her left hand up to gently stroke away a lock of hair and run her fingers gently against Crystal's cheek. Crystal's eyes closed in pleasure as Serenity's hand slid down her neck and cupped it before pulling Crystal down for another kiss.

After another long drugging kiss Serenity broke the kiss, "how long have you known?" she asked.

"Not until an hour ago, my beast wanted what it thought was ours, you. Then everything seemed to fall into place. But you knew right, that was why you were giving me all those hugs?" Crystal asked.

Serenity chuckled, "I hugged you because you needed to be hugged. I didn't know you were my mate until I smelt you just then." She confirmed as her hands started to slide under Crystal's shirt, Crystal groaned and quivered lightly.

"Between your brother..."

"What did Thais say?" Serenity asked her hands still moved until they cupped Crystal's breasts.

It took a moment for Crystal to answer as her focus was split, "he said I have the answer I just have to realise it..." she gasped as Serenity started to play with the hoops which speared her nipples. At first she just rubbed them a little until Crystal's nipples had hardened before Serenity started to tug on the hoops and twist them a little.

"Hmm..." Serenity said before she leant forward and bit at a hoop through Crystal's top, she pulled away and gently tugged on it.

"Fuck..." Crystal swore as pleasure surged through her body.

Serenity released her prize and smiled, "yes please."

Crystal groaned but pushed herself up, "wait, I'll be right back." Stumbling a little Crystal scrambled off the bed and raced to her room.

Serenity got up and quickly raced to the bathroom to use the toilet, as she came back out she slid her tank top off then slid out of her panties as she sat back on the bed. Crystal walked back in as Serenity flung her panties, landing a direct hit with Crystal's face. Crystal paused and took a deep breath, growling gently as the scent of Serenity's intimate place filled her mind. In her hands she held a box, she moved the box to her left hand and removed the panties from her face. She glared playfully at her soon to be mate.

"You know you could have just asked to move to your room," Serenity commented.

"But your room is bigger so it will be able to handle two people. Now... change the sheets." Crystal said as she dropped the panties and made sure the door was shut firmly.

"Silk or Satin?" Serenity asked.

"Satin," Crystal answered.

The bedding changed around Serenity from white and purple cotton to black satin, laying back she shifted and groaned at the delightful feel of satin against her skin, the cat within her loved the feel of the cool satin against her skin. Rubbing her cheek against the smooth cloth she started to purr gently. Crystal smiled as she watched her mate enjoy the feel of the sheets. Putting the box down near the bed, she stripped quickly and joined Serenity on the bed. Serenity stilled her squirming as Crystal came to rest beside her.

They watched each other for long moments their eyes taking in the other's body. Crystal was the first to start exploring with her hands then her lips. Serenity was hesitant; she had never been with someone before.

"Follow your instincts, nothing you do is wrong." Crystal told her between kisses, "if you like what I do to you more than likely I will like it as well." Crystal moved until she completely covered Serenity, leaning down she kissed her mate. Serenity groaned, her hands moved until they were gently running over Crystal's back, gently touching her smooth skin.

Crystal mumbled as Serenity's hands slid lower, gently cupping and squeezing the firm flesh of Crystal's behind. Breaking the kiss Crystal caught Serenity's bottom lip and nipped it before sucking it back into her mouth, a small amount of Serenity's blood touched her tongue and made her thirst for more. Serenity's fingers dug into Crystal's flesh for a moment, she tried to roll them over but Crystal was having none of that.

The dominant side of Serenity, her Alpha side was having none of this, Crystal was her mate and she would have to learn that SHE was the dominant one here. Serenity pulled her lip free and tried again to roll Crystal beneath her. Crystal didn't relent, she wasn't a passive lover and she knew that Serenity had no experience here.

Serenity growled and bucked Crystal off her body and rolled on top of her mate. Crystal didn't fight, she could see that Serenity's eyes were a different colour, the beast was forward in the mind. "I am Alpha." Serenity growled gently before she nuzzled at Crystal's throat.

"I am not a passive lover," Crystal said firmly, "in the bedroom we will share, but how about for tonight, I be the one in charge. I have been waiting for you longer, needing you longer, let me show you." She pleaded.

Serenity's eyes returned to normal, "our first fight and we aren't even mated."

"I wouldn't call that a fight, merely a stating of how our bedroom antics will work." Crystal replied.

Serenity chuckled and leant down for a kiss, Crystal pushed herself up and ran her tongue over Serenity's bottom lip. Capturing the tongue quickly Serenity sucked on it causing Crystal to groan before she released her prize.

Serenity nuzzled at Crystal's throat, breathing her in, her hands sought out the firm flesh of Crystal's breasts again, weighing the firm globes in her hands as she sought out the little hoops of silver again.

Crystal sat up and moved Serenity so that she was sitting on her thighs, her lips fastened around the pink nipple as her teeth gently caught the piece of metal piercing it. Serenity groaned at the gentle nip and tug, leaning back to give her lover room she rubbed her delta against Crystal's body.

Looping her arms around Serenity she helped to support this position, it still allowed Serenity's beast to feel like it was in control when in fact it wasn't. Crystal released the pert piece of flesh and moved to its twin. Using her arms she pulled Serenity forward until her arms came to wrap around her. Releasing her prize she tilted her head back to kiss her mate, their tongues duelled as their hands explored.

Crystal stroked Serenity's thighs, her scent permeated Crystal's nose, the scent of her blood, so subtle before that Crystal couldn't scent it until she had her nose pressed against it. But now it's scent filled her nose as did another just as tempting scent, the smell of her mate's arousal.

Shifting her hand around she gentle brushed her hand against Serenity's sex before carefully sliding her fingers into the almost dripping warmth. Gently she explored Serenity's sex, Serenity rested her head against Crystal's shoulder and panted as she rolled her hips. Serenity groaned as Crystal's caress became firmer and bolder.

Gently she probed the entrance to Serenity's sex, she didn't know how much self-exploring her mate had done so was going to take this slowly. Slowly she inserted her middle finger as her thumb gently rubbed circles against Serenity's clit. Serenity turned and bit Crystal's neck but not hard enough to break the skin as her breathing became faster.

"Am I hurting you?"

Serenity released her bite to shake her head and pulled Crystal's lips to hers giving her a needy passion fuelled kiss. Crystal removed her finger.

Put it back, Serenity demanded.

Crystal chuckled and slid two fingers inside her mate, causing Serenity to groan and start to grind herself against the fingers even as their kiss turned hotter. Crystal felt the beginnings of Serenity's climax. Breaking the kiss she pressed her lips to Serenity's neck, she couldn't pass up the opportunity to sup upon the endorphin rich blood that would soon be coursing through her body.

Serenity called out as she came, and Crystal sank her fangs into the side of Serenity's neck and groaned as sweet blood splashed onto her tongue. She only took a couple of mouthfuls as she didn't want to weaken her mate.