Competition

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fgmntfmgnshn
fgmntfmgnshn
2,050 Followers

Relief swept over Frank at the knowledge that she was at least thinking about it. "Yes, it is." He sat back down and held Susan's hand in his. "I enjoyed last night, and that was because of the great woman I was with. I promised myself that if I found someone I could connect with again, I wouldn't squander it by making the same mistakes. Life's too short to live on work alone."

A single tear descended down Susan's cheek as Frank bared his feelings. It too had been far too long since she had a man care about her. "All right. We can give it a try." She smiled and nodded. "When would you like to do this?"

"How about today? Right now?" Frank responded with a childish grin full of excitement.

"I don't know." Susan became apprehensive. "What about work? Remember Monday's presentation?"

"I can finish mine tomorrow. Can you?"

"I suppose I can. Promise?" Susan already knew if they had a phenomenal time today, she would blow off working tomorrow if he'd ask. With that, she would just resent him Monday.

Frank thought Susan was still skeptical, but he didn't blame her. He would just have to prove to her that he was sincere. "I promise, I swear, Scout's honor, cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye, and any other idiom you can think of."

Susan chuckled, "All right, then. What do you have in mind?"

"Well, I recommend we go home to change and meet at the park at noon. Sound good?" Frank couldn't help the enthusiasm slipping into his voice.

With a nod, Susan agreed, "It's a date."

After a quick shower and shave, Frank changed into a pair of blue jeans and a black polo shirt. He arrived at the park a half hour early and was humming a little tune to keep his nerves in check.

Susan stared at her closet, looking for the perfect outfit. She was surprisingly giddy as she thumbed through the garments. She chose a red sundress and with a skip to her step, arrived at the park with five minutes to spare.

Frank gave Susan a big smile and took her by the hand. "You look absolutely radiant."

Susan briefly blushed at the compliment. "So, what do you have in mind Frank?"

The day was packed with everything and nothing: a walk in the park, a visit to the museum, dinner at a fancy restaurant, and of course, dancing. Conversation began casually enough with the basic idle chitchat: work, weather, and goals for the future dominating the discussion in the park. At the museum, the dialogue between the two loosened. Humorous quips slipped into the exchanges, each making light at certain features on the ancient artifacts they passed. Dinner brought out their friendly banter even further, each of them truly enjoying the company of their companion. Not much was articulated while dancing, but the movements from their bodies spoke volumes. The awkwardness from the morning disappeared completely as they flowed together in harmony with the music.

The day proved eye opening to each of them. Alcohol may have been the catalyst the night before, but their faded memories of what transpired were reaffirmed. They both had a great time with a person they previously felt was an antagonist.

"I had a wonderful evening." Frank leaned in and pecked Susan on the lips.

The corners of Susan's lips arched slightly upward. "Me too. I wish we could do it again tomorrow but..."

"I know, I know, I promised you tomorrow so you can work, and I must admit I regret that I have to finish my project as well." Frank's hand slipped to his chin after a moment's hesitation. "Unless you want to work together? I mean, we'll work separately, but we could at least see each other."

"I would be delighted," Susan replied almost too quickly.

The next day, Frank and Susan worked in the office together, each stealing tender glances and warm smiles every few minutes as they each solidified their presentations. That was what was visible. Under the table, the two were in a heated battle of the time-honored game of footsie. They shared in light conversation over delivered Chinese food for lunch. The day marched on, and day eventually became night.

"Done." Frank had a beaming smile as he leaned back and put both hands on the back of his head. "How about you?"

"Almost." Susan did one final calculation before dropping her fountain pen. "There, finished."

The two looked at each other with eyes longing for something they couldn't have at such a late hour.

Frank shook his head, "I wish I could take you out for dinner again, but..."

"I know," Susan replied before he could finish. "We both have a big day to tomorrow, and if I go with you, neither of us would get any sleep."

Frank chuckled as he made his way over to Susan. "You're right, but that doesn't mean I can't kiss you goodbye."

With that, Frank lowered his lips to Susan's pursed mouth. It started slowly. A simple, light, kiss to demonstrate the newfound feelings Frank had for her. It truly became magical as Susan's want became apparent with her eager reciprocation. Seconds ticked by as neither wanted to be the first to relent from the heaven they were enjoying. The lights flickered briefly. Was that power surge caused by the electricity flowing between them? In an instant, a crash of thunder startled the lovers enough to force their separation as the soft pellets of rain began to fall on the glass windows.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Frank whispered as he turned to leave.

Susan responded with a coy smile before lightly putting one hand to her lips, begging to savor the feelings now coursing through her body.

Finally, the big day arrived. The two met right outside the large conference room where the presentations were to be held.

"Good luck," Frank stated with a sincerity that no longer surprised him.

"I just want you to know," Susan stared deep into Frank's brown eyes as she spoke, "It wouldn't bother me if you won. I'm not going to give it to you, but there won't be any hard feelings if you get the promotion."

Frank shook his head and smiled as he replied, "I feel exactly the same way."

With that, the two made their way into the conference room, sitting side by side, hands combined together discreetly under the table. The presentations were cutthroat. The board asked tough, poignant questions to every prospect of each presentation. Rapid-fire inquiries were given to gauge whether the candidate knew the company inside and out as well as how much more profitable they think the person could make the company.

Frank was impressed with Susan's speech. Her knowledge was infinite, and her ideas were outside the box, just what the company needed. Her thoughts on products would make the company a mint. Not only were her ideas strong, but her charm was potent as well. He could definitely see the board of directors being swayed into her favor. She was the obvious choice in his eyes, and it made him proud.

To Susan, Frank could do no wrong. His marketing campaign would catapult the company into the next stratosphere. He was precise in his points and even added humor to his speech. That was his secret weapon. Susan felt her speech was mundane, but Frank's was engaging. He knew how to handle the stiffs. He would be her boss, and surprisingly, she felt nothing but admiration.

"After careful consideration, the board has finally made a decision," the elderly CEO, Clifford Pemrose announced to the room in a raspy voice.

Frank and Susan squeezed hands under the table and gave each other a congratulatory glance, assuming the other won the position.

"The newest member on the board of directors is Walter Mitchell." A round of applause came from the members of the board. "Come on up, Walt, and say a few words."

Susan and Frank looked at each other with disbelief.

"You know, with your product ideas..." Frank started.

"And with your marketing skills and contacts..." Susan continued.

With knowing smiles, the two stood and headed for the door.

"Congrats, Walt." Frank acknowledged with a wave while pulling Susan by her waist closer to him.

"Wait. Where are you going?" Walt asked with more than a hint of surprise in his voice.

Frank ignored him. "So what should we name our company, sexy?"

"Be careful, that could be considered sexual harassment," Susan chuckled back.

"That's all right, I know the cofounder of our company," Frank teased back. He then turned Susan to face him and kissed her.

fgmntfmgnshn
fgmntfmgnshn
2,050 Followers
12