Complicated Love Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good," Cassie mumbled before putting her arms around his neck and resting her head on his shoulder. The song came to an end, and she gently pulled him off the dance floor.

"Just tell me," she said, her eyes pleading. "I want to share things with you. Please."

A crowded ballroom wasn't the best place to have this conversation, but Chris saw the expression in her eyes and knew that if he refused her now, he could lose her for ever, and that was something he was not going to let happen.

He pulled her to a secluded corner, and chose his words with care. "Cassie, I'm a private person, I always have been. I find it difficult to share myself with others. You're one of the few people with whom I let my guard down. Just give me time, okay? I'm trying. I really am."

Cassie nodded and hugged him, letting him know through that hug just how much what he said meant to her.

"Now shall we enjoy the rest of the ball?" he asked gently, looking at her lovely face. Cassie sniffed. With a slight look of alarm, he asked, "You aren't going to cry, are you?"

"And ruin the mascara Ann spent 15 minutes applying? Never," Cassie grinned, still looking a bit tearful. Relieved, Chris led her to another group of people when he noticed Ann. He stopped and looked at them. Cassie looked too. Ann was talking to a tall, intelligent looking man, slightly skinny, but with an attractive face.

He was wearing a fitted suit that emphasized his height and the thin, rimless glasses he wore added to his intellectual looking face. He was holding Ann by the elbow, and she was standing next to him, her body near his in a way that suggested physical intimacy.

"Did you know Ann was seeing someone?" Cassie asked Chris, looking puzzled.

"No," Chris answered, equally baffled. "But they certainly are a couple. C'mon. I want to meet him."

Chris pulled a protesting Cassie up to them and glared at the man.

"Ann, who is this?" he asked, his tone brusque. Cassie winced.

"I'm Samuel Taylor," the man said, extending his hand to Chris.

"Hi," Cassie said brightly, trying to make up for her husband's abrupt and rude behaviour. Why did men adopt cavemen like attitudes when it came to dealing with their sister's boyfriend?

"Sam was just leaving," Ann cut in, looking angry and happy at the same time. "Weren't you Sam?"

"No, not really," he replied. "I can stay for a while longer." Now Ann glared at him.

Deciding that the poor man had enough glaring for one night, Cassie pulled Chris away from them and toward the buffet table.

"I don't like him," he said, his eyes still on Sam.

"You never will," Cassie murmured, thrusting a plate into his hands and steering him away.

---

Melissa returned home at three in the morning. She let herself in and sank into the couch, kicking her shoes off. Her heels may look sexy, but they weren't made for comfort. She hardly noticed as Gavin came, sat beside her and lifted her feet onto his lap and began massaging them.

"Bliss," Melissa sighed as the ache in her feet began to lessen.

"Anytime, "Gavin grinned, easing the pain in her feet away. "How was the ball?"

"Excellent," Melissa said, her eyes closed. "And tiring. I met some amazing people, made some lovely contacts and managed to become so tired that I could sleep for a week."

Gavin chuckled and continued to massage her feet.

"Get into bed then," he said, pulling her up after he had finished. Melissa complied and soon, she was curled up beside him, sleeping with her arms splayed over the bed.

Gavin pulled her close and thought that he could get used to going to sleep like this every night. Yes, he definitely could get used to this.

---

Chris and Cassie reached home at around two, so exhausted that they could do nothing but change and drop into bed.

"I feel like I've run a marathon," Cassie complained as she snuggled up to Chris.

"A marathon would have been better," Chris groaned as he settled down and pulled her close. Soon, they were both asleep peacefully, wrapped around each other.

12