Compounding Interest

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Across the way Abby took a glance back at the succubus who didn't want to get rained on and narrowed her eyes. It felt so natural to like Pi, to want to get along with her. It had to be some sort of enchantment or trick because she usually didn't bond to people easily. Besides Pi had to have something foul in store for her cousin, and through him possibly the whole family. Under breath she muttered that this had nothing to do with jealousy either. The girls would have to have something in their personal stash that could help; either that or she'd have to delve into the family archives. Mum had made her promise she wouldn't get mixed up in any more witchcraft again without calling her first but... at least this time it would be for a good cause. Resolute Abby dashed off to class, with umbrella.

Pi, on the other hand, huffed as the rain actually intensified. Somewhere she was sure an angel was getting his jollies off by doing so. A withering glare was cast up at swollen clouds. If Aphex was here she'd just have him fetch an umbrella and cellphone. Taking a deep breath she decided it might be unwise to snap her ankle Pi took her medicine and strolled across the way. More than a few students and faculty that were near windows tilted to get a better view of the roll of her hips. It took forever to get to the steps, in Pi's mind, and by the time she got there her stockings were soggy and hair mussed -- not in the way she preferred either.

"Oh well!" There was little Pi could do about it now. Her sultry gaze rose to drink in the edifice before her and widened. The arched double door was fashioned of ebony wood, the sort that came from witch-haunted forests. It was girdled by time worn blocks carved into which were the faces of medieval devils leering on the outside while on the underside of each were small etchings assuring fell spirits they would be welcome within. Oh that really did take Pi back and she sighed in a not all together pleased way. The dark ages had been a rather slow period of work for her and there had been so many of her kin running around hell with such silly facades. In the end humanity did not realize how much control it really had over all slices of the cosmos.

On the right side of the doorway was the relief of a woman with her eyes turned to heaven as a martyr's should be, longing for the release that only death would bring. Her hands were clasped in prayer and pinned together with what looked like a spike. Pi blanched a bit when noting the one on top was withered as if by age.

"You must be Agatha." Succubus spoke to stone. Her attention followed the grooves of the woman's rather simple dress down to feet surrounded by frolicking mandrake roots; at least that was what they looked like. Her eyes darted back up to the stained glass halo above Agatha's simple streaming hair. The light behind gave her a rather saintly glow. "What sort of woman were you I wonder?"

Once she fully ascended Pi turned her gaze to the left side of the entrance. There was the usual plaque, in this case of well cared for bronze that still showed its age and was caressed by ivy as well. The establishment date was there as well as some throwaway cliché etched in Latin to give it academic weight. Pi reached out and brushed her fingers over it. It was easy for her to translate.

The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

The demoness smirked lightly before yelping as the door swung up and butted her arm. For a moment she was sure her heels were going to snap as she stumbled to the side. The college kids responsible didn't even notice her and certainly didn't offer apologies. Two were chatting and the third was hard-wired into her cellphone at the moment. Brushing dust from her sleeve the infernal snorted but let it go with cleansing breath. She wasn't the sort of demon to take a slight and turn it into a bloodbath! Instead she slipped around the door and inside. What simple pleasure she took in drying as she trotted along to the receptionist desk's window.

A rather plain looking woman took a moment to glance up from whatever she was reading and focused disinterest on Pi. "Yes?"

"Good afternoon. I have an appointment with President Hoffman." Pi flashed her best smile.

It didn't do anything to defrost the graying woman. "And you are?"

"Oh." Blinking the succubus was sure that she wasn't penciled in under Eloise. "Private meeting."

Still rather unimpressed the secretary eyed the lovely woman before her for a long moment before turning to glance at the book. With the fresh wave of irritation and the way that she double checked Pi's smile waxed smug. It was gone by the time the receptionist turned back.

"Down the central stairs, through the doors, and to the right. I'm sure he is expecting you." There wasn't even a thin veil over the secretary's displeasure.

Pi didn't let it faze her. "Thank you!"

Enthusiastic at the prospect of having this new job the succubus shook as she walked off. The main hall was rather wide and tall, its hardwood floor covered with large rug depicting the school's seal. Its ceiling vaulted and covered with stained glass to let sunlight stream in, if there was any to be had. There was a box of railing for the second floor offices and class rooms, down from which muffled murmurs drifted. Below the rails were lion, tiger, and bear heads mounted on display of all things. It took all of Pi's willpower no to whisper 'On My' as the words raced through her mind. Turning back she noted that over the entrance was a goat's head, that made her chuckle.

Between two stairs up Pi found the carpeted stairs down and could feel both the power of an institute of higher learning and loitering traces of past foul deeds drifting up. It really was an intoxicating mix. Through the door Pi took the right as told and rapped on President Hoffman's door.

"Come in." A voice lifted from the other side of the door after a tick and Hoffman met it opening with curious smile. The school's president was well into his dignified years, steely hair receded until it just hung at the very back of his skull. It was kept short, styled in a stately manner. His sharp nose gave him a rather hawkish look, well that was perhaps due to the pointed angle of his cheeks as well. Still Hoffman's frame was athletic enough in spite of his age so he held a handsome air. His suit was startlingly bland, a standard cut and standard color. Long fingered hand with perfect nails was offered out across imposing desk, complete with polished skull at one corner. "Ah, my secret guest! I must say you have a different look than I expected."

"Oh?" Stiffening her back Pi gave the president a soft shake before settling down into the single chair on the other side of the desk. She tugged at the end of her skirt, smoothing it out and not giving a shift of legs to show more thigh, even though Hoffman looked. "Should I ask?"

"Smaller waist, bigger bust, bleached out hair. I have to say your natural curves are refreshing. This if of course a formality, my family's elder patron informed me to make room for you within the faculty." Settling back in the chair the warlock heir folded hands at the edge of his desk. "You have to have a lot of pull miss...?"

"Pi." The succubus preened "I am going by Eloise Baker in human arenas so let us use that from now on. As for Mammy, he is really a big softy. Don't tell him I said that though."

Hoffman's brow ticked up and he made the most venerable hum. "Really? I have to say he never comes across in that manner to myself or any family archives. Am I to understand that what happens in Hell's faculty room is quite a bit more relaxed than the public face presented?"

"Oh." She made a slow circular gesture of nails. "I have a feeling you would not be surprised by the banter that went on there. I would think it would remind you of your own conversations behind the scenes."

"How amusing." The president chuckled and blew out a wantonness tinged sigh. "Well then, librarian yes? We actually need the position filled so I think we shall just make you interim no? M said that you would not be here for long."

The statement made her heart ping with pain, why she couldn't fathom. Pi never spent much time with any of her student lovers, a passionate summer usually, a year at most. "I have no idea how long it will take."

"And... I understand you are a succubus?" Apparently it was time to broach that subject. A languid smile drew across the birdish man's face.

"I am." Pi lifted a hand and put on an apologetic mask to her plush lips. "I am also afraid that due to the nature of the contract that binds to me to earth I only have relations with the mortal I am working with. Sorry."

"Oh." Hoffman sulked and deflated as fantasies flowed out of him. "Well if you do not mind if I express some disappointment in that fact. I have never actually met a succubus after all. I suppose I just got my hopes up. Ever Satanist has daydreams after all."

"Oh I know." Rolling a throaty laugh Pi lifted from her seat, reaching out to pat the poor man's arm. Yes she lied, but she was a demon, it came easily. "I will try to pass one of my sisters along in your direction when I see them next, deal?" She winked. "What sort of women do you fancy?"

"I think that is a rather risqué question for a first meeting." Hoffman chuckled.

Pi teased the fellow by folding her legs now to show milky skin as she leaned back. "Really now? Mmm. Well we shall talk about it at a later time."

"Once we know one another better. I have to say I like the sound of that." With a scratch at the underside of his fine formed chin Hoffman mimicked her motion, though he was of course wearing trousers. One foot wiggled easily out of sight. "You seem on first meeting pleasant and frankly we could use a bit more that around here. Too many old hags and wizened fools. Mm, I should warn you that the old coven society we have here at St. Agatha's would bit displeased to have you here. Most of the ladies were women-libers back in the day and see your species as an affront."

"Oh dear." That made Pi laugh once more and cast her eyes heavenward. "New eras never cease to come up with foolishness all their own. Well if you would point out to me who to look out for it would be much appreciated President Hoffman."

"With one condition, well two actually." The warlock's smile betrayed that as a man Eddie's age he was quite possibly quite the cad. He did have a simple gold wedding ring but Pi knew many a man over the centuries that didn't care about such commitment.

'Please." A simple gesture was given by the succubus for him to continue.

"First off that we never had this conversation." Hoffman smirked. "Second, who is the lucky man I should be jealous of... I mean aid in any way I can."

Pi chuckled once more and stroked manicured nails over her brows in amused disbelief. The president as going to be a fine fun infernalist to know. "Edward Vance. He is a mathematician."

"Ah. Math, really?" Hawkish eyes narrowed. "How droll but we all have out tastes. Well fair is fair after all. You should look out for Dr. Hawley, Mrs. Geer and Professor Yew."

"My thanks. Well when shall I be actually starting at this position?" Pi's eyebrows curved up along with her lips. She was already missing Eddie and hoped it would not be today.

"If you would give us..." Hoffman trailed off, looking at his desk calendar. "Until Monday? The current librarian is going to go on sabbatical then and he is rather glad to have the time off. Apparently he has some family in New England to drop in on he has not seen in many a year."

"I wish the best to him vacation wise then. Well if there is nothing else?" Rising she adjusted her glasses before smoothing a hand over her stomach, just to give the president a little thrill with cloth pulled tight over breasts.

"I guess not. Do not be a stranger now, Miss Baker." He stood and shook her hand again with enthusiasm. "And not to worry I will make sure no ethic complains arise due to you and Mr. Vance."

"Thank you. I can imagine that would be bothersome. You can reach me at Blackmoor Manor." She brushed a few loose strands of black behind her back. "I have yet to obtain a cellphone."

"The most prominent modern curse. I swear I expect it to become a mortal sin to chat while driving any day now." Hoffman flopped back into his chair and rolled rather blue eyes. "Blackmoor, really? Very interesting. I hear that Abigail Booth has some association with one of the more modern cabals on campus. Her family has been out of the loop for some time."

It was plain the president was fishing. Pi had nothing to give and considered doing so herself. "Is she now? Quite interesting. I shall speak to you soon. Um, is there a cafeteria?"

Hoffman kicked up his feet to the side at the corner of his desk. Hands folded behind his head and he winked. "Across the quad behind us all the way at the other end. Do not eat the chicken. I would stick to the greens."

"Lovely. Good morning, President Hoffman." After a nod she swished her body to the door.

"Good morning, Miss Baker." He watched her backside all the way out and blew out a hot breath.

Once she closed the door Pi caressed fingertips above her heart. First some sort of breakfast and then tracking down a way to contact Eddie. She wondered right now what the young man was doing? Hopefully something sexy but she suspected, with a sigh, he was still sleeping.

12