Continental Divide

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
laptopwriter
laptopwriter
3,538 Followers

"Are you saying you don't want to go through with the divorce?"

A big smile stretched across her face. "I think we should sleep on it and talk more in the morning. What do you think?

She was right about one thing, five months was a long time. He still wasn't certain of what she was proposing. All he knew for sure was that she was offering him sex, a chance to make love to her again, and he wasn't about to turn it down.

Bret followed his wife into the bedroom. Yes, she was still his wife, for a little while longer, anyway. He was going to make love to her as his wife. He turned when they reached the bed and looked into her eyes. There was a desire there he hadn't seen in a long time. Together they moved their lips closer and kissed. It wasn't the tongue twisting, horny, lustful kissing they did before getting married, but the loving, gentle kiss of those days when their love was at its peak.

Slowly, Terry unbuttoned his shirt, and within a few moments had him naked. Bret crawled into bed and watched as the love of his life did a tantalizing striptease in his honor. When he saw she was wearing the bra and panties he bought for her on a special occasion, he knew all the talk about the car was nothing but a way of getting him there to seduce him.

He felt like he did the very first time they made love, he was out of his mind with desire. The instant she lay beside him he rolled over and put his arm around her. He held her close as his lips kissed, nuzzled, and nipped at her face, neck, and ears. He felt her nipples respond to his gentle touch. Her flesh seemed to come alive with passion. She was already twisting her body with uncontrollable emotions of love, grabbing him, holding him.

The foreplay was short lived. "I need you inside me," she panted.

Bret moved into position. Terry reached down, she couldn't believe how hard it was; his cock was like a rock. She slid it a couple times over her slit for lubrication then let go as her man slowly eased himself inside of her. Immediately her body arched as she unconsciously moaned with pleasure.

It had been so long. Not just the five months since their separation, but for the couple of years leading up to it as well. How could they have let their love dwindle so much?

With every stroke, she felt her man was reclaiming her, confirming his devotion to her. Terry wrapped her legs around his body, locking her ankles behind him. She reached up with her arms and pulled their faces together. Her nails dug into his back as they both climaxed in an explosion of euphoria.

That night they both slept more soundly than they had since the word divorce was first uttered.

Bret heard a bird singing joyfully outside the bedroom window. He opened his eyes to the morning sun. Briefly he gazed at the white ceiling and realized he was in his own house; it wasn't a dream, he thought, it really happened. He glanced over and saw his wife staring at him. A wide smile adorned her beautiful face.

"Good morning, handsome," she whispered.

"Good morning, gorgeous," he replied with an equally wide smile.

She snuggled up as he pulled her tighter against his body.

"We'll divide the Continental," he said.

"What?" her heart suddenly dropped. Was he still thinking about divorcing her?

"Yeah, I'll teach you to drive and you can drive it sometimes and I'll drive it sometimes."

He looked over and saw the terrified look in her face. He gave her a reassuring kiss. "I'll teach you to drive it under one condition, you never, ever again mention the word divorce, not now, not ever. He felt the tension in her body disappear.

"You got it, big boy," she promised.

"Good, first thing tomorrow I'll call the lawyer and tell him the whole thing's off."

Terry decided a simple thank you was no way to show her appreciation. She kissed and played with his nipples before sliding southward. Her tongue and lips teased his flesh as she maneuvered herself down, past his stomach, past his navel. She could feel the stiffness of his love tool as it rubbed against her soft skin. She heard him groan as she squeezed his cock between the full globes of her breasts.

Bret closed his eyes. He was lost in ecstasy as he felt her warm, moist mouth encompass his hard-on. Giving him head was a specialty of hers. She used everything in her arsenal to give him the ultimate pleasure.

"Oh...oh," he gasped as he got close. He reached up and grabbed his pillow, his hips arched upward, his breathing stopped, and his entire body tensed as he came, spewing his love juice down the willing throat of his lovely wife.

That Sunday they took only enough time away from making love as they needed to get some of his clothes.

That night they both renewed their vows. They held hands, looked into each other's eyes, and pledged their devotion, love, honor, and respect. They swore never to take one another for granted again, and to work on their marriage daily. They both knew how close they came to losing what was most precious to them and they were determined to never let it happen again.

***

Monday Terry was meeting her best friend, Audrey, for lunch.

Audrey was glad to see a smile on her friend's face for the first time in months. "I'm guessing from that grin, that your little ploy with the car worked?" she asked happily.

"Like a charm," Terry replied, beaming as she sat down.

"What'd he say?"

"That he loved me," she responded. "He's calling the lawyer today and stopping the divorce."

"Oh, Terry, that's wonderful."

"Audrey I have tried and tried to figure out how we ever got to the point of divorce but I just can't. I think we just got bored with each other for a while. Maybe we needed this to wake us up. You know what they say, 'you don't know what you have until you lose it.'"

"Well I'm glad you two figured it out BEFORE you lost it."

"Yeah, me too," replied Terry with relief.

"I don't get why you used the car, though. Why didn't you just call and tell him you wanted to talk about the divorce?"

"Because I wasn't sure how he felt. I didn't know if he still loved me or not. If I had called and told him I wanted to discuss the divorce he may have just blown me off and I wanted to talk to him in person. I knew the best way to insure that he would come over was to threaten him with keeping the car."

"Well I couldn't be happier for you, Terry."

"Thanks, Audrey."

"But tell me, if things hadn't worked out, if Bret would have said he wanted to go ahead with the divorce...would you have kept the car?"

"Are you kidding? I could have never taken that car from him, it's his baby. I could never hurt the man I love like that, not even if he didn't love me back."

EPILOGUE;

Bret and Terry made good on their vows. They worked on their marriage every day. They developed a date night, not just once a month but whenever they felt like it. Sometimes it consisted of dinner and dancing, or a show; sometimes it was the theatre, and sometimes they would just park up by the lake and make out in the back seat of the Continental.

They also experimented in the bedroom. They read sexy articles together, they bought toys and X rated movies. They had fun with sex, but that was different than making love, they did that too.

Three years after their reconciliation, Bret's mother passed away. Both he and Terry took care of all the funeral arrangements and she never left his side through the entire ordeal.

A couple weeks after the burial, they were getting her house in order, to sell. Terry was going through papers, receipts, and old documents that his mother had kept through the years while Bret boxed up some family heirlooms.

"Bret," she called out from the bedroom, "can you get me the registration out of the Continental, please?"

"The registration card, what for?"

"I just want to check something," she answered.

A couple minutes later Bret handed the Continental's registration to his wife.

"Honey, you know how you're always saying the car looks just like the one your dad had?"

"Yes," he answered still a little confused.

"Well you're wrong. It's not just like it," she said holding the registration up to another piece of paper. "It's the same one."

"Huh," he questioned what he thought his wife just said.

"Look, honey; your mother kept the registration to your dad's car all these years. They're the same."

Bret took both papers from her hand and compared them side by side. She was right; the vin numbers were the same. His knees felt a little weak and he had to sit down on the bed, next to his wife.

"You told me once that there was something about the Continental that made you want it. I always thought it was just because it reminded you of your dad's but it was more than that, honey. I really think it was your dad who guided you to that car. It was his way of reconnecting with you."

On the way back to Illinois, they stopped at the cemetery. Remnants of flowers were still strewn about the freshly dug burial site of his mother. Alongside was the aged, but well-manicured grave of his father.

Bret put his arm around his loving wife and spoke with reverence. "Look, dad," he said nodding to the Continental parked only a few feet away. "I remember how much you loved that car and I promise to take good care of it. I hope you know how much happiness and joy it has brought Terry and me."

He stopped to wipe a tear from his eye.

"Take good care of mom, she loved you and honored your memory till the day you two were reunited."

He and Terry faced each other. She wrapped her arms around him, laid her head on his chest and hugged him. "I love you so much, Bret."

"I love you too, darling," he said gently rest his cheek on the top of her head.

The End.

laptopwriter
laptopwriter
3,538 Followers
12