Count Down To Moonlight Ch. 05

Story Info
Emotions, desicions and secrets.
4.1k words
4.59
28.6k
10

Part 5 of the 8 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 07/17/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The long silver car sped down the dark deserted country road, its headlights illuminating the dense forest as it slithered and wound like a snake to its destination. The occupants of the car sat quiet and still. Keelay, whose pale face rivaled the quarter moon, twisted her fingers and tugged at her skirt. Her head swam with doubts and questions. What the hell was going on? Why had she listened to Duncan, who was a stranger, and gotten into Jake, another stranger's care stranger? Why the hell was she feeling hurt and lonely just because Duncan had left her to go to his family? When had she become stalker material? She sighed and wished to God she hadn't gone out last night. But she didn't really mean it. If she hadn't gone out last night, she never would have met sweet, sexy, caring, kind, funny, honest Duncan Duncan who left her on her own with a stranger. Pig!

Jake watched Keelay as she sat silently looking out of the window. She was definitely gorgeous and Duncan was one lucky guy. It was every werewolf's hope that they found their true mate. Unfortunately most didn't and ended up either living half happy lives or alone. To a werewolf a true mate was better than a soul mate. Only their true mate, a mate to both their human and animal side, could tame the beast inside them, who always fought for freedom. A true mate combined both halves into a whole and brings inner peace to the werewolf. Duncan, the lucky bastard, wasn't even a quarter of the way through his life and he had already found his true mate!

Jake drove quietly to the cabin and after a while Keelay slept. Her head fell against the window and her dark hair covered her pixie face. Her long, silky legs were crossed at the knee and a lovely chunk of thigh and ass cheek was displayed. The silver band of the chain end glittered in the dark and her dainty little hands were tucked between her creamy thighs, leading his mind to imagine what she'd look like pleasuring herself with her little fingers in her panties. Jake envied Duncan with a passion. He wanted his true mate. Not for balance or peace of mind, but for proof. To prove that he was in fact a werewolf, like his family. Yes, Jake envied Duncan fiercely.

About an hour later, Jake pulled up to a small rustic cabin, nestled into forest edge. The light shone through the windows and Jake was glad to see his grandfather and his uncle standing in the sitting room. They would know what to do. Stopping the car, he turned to Keelay and touched her shoulder gently, calling her name. Even in her sleep she shied away from him, knowing he wasn't her mate. She stirred but didn't wake. He sighed and decided that it was probably best if she slept the rest of the night. It would mean no questions about Duncan or where he was. It would mean she was less likely to hear or see the werewolves in the surrounding woods.

Getting out of the car, Jake sighed and shuddered. The moon was beginning to rise and although he couldn't change, he still felt the pull. He might be a freak but wolf blood still ran in his veins. He rounded the car to Keelay's side and carefully opened the door, to ensure she didn't fall out in the process. Lifting her carefully in his arms, he made his way into the small house.

His Uncle Zack met him at the door and held it open for him. Unfortunately the small cabin only had one room, which he currently occupied and had slept in for the last two days. He always came to the cabin early, it gave him a break from the rat race and a chance to have some alone time. He moved with Keelay into the sitting room, laying her on the bed.

"Would she no be more comfortable in the bed Jake?" asked his Uncle.

"Aye, she would but I've been sleeping in it the last couple o' days and my scent is all over it. I don't think it would be wise to cover another man's mate with my scent, do you?"

"Good point!" he laughed. Although the idea itself was nothing to laugh about. Wolves are very territorial and even more so when it came to their mates. It one mate returned to the other with another wolfs scent on them then there would be trouble. "How was Duncan when you left him? "

"He looked like I was ripping his balls off. He was seriously mixed up. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for him to let me take her away." Jake admitted and Grandpa Drake and Uncle Zack nodded their heads in understanding. Both had mates so both could imagine what Duncan was going through. "I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up here looking for her." he warned.

"He willni. Liam, William and James are meetin' him on the other side of the forest." His grandmother, Aimee, had a house there.

Keelay stretched and yawned, turning on the couch. Her short skirt rode dangerously high on her legs and her top barely covered her stomach. Jake groaned and shifted so he wasn't looking at her. The sight of her lying there, spread out like an offering to the ancient Gods, was enough to make any man hard.

"She's a bonnie wee lass." remarked Uncle Zack. "My boy found himself a good lookin' girl. Just like his ol' man." he chuckled.

"She's way more than bonnie." Jake said quietly, but not quietly enough as Grandpa Drake heard.

"Jake! She belongs ta yur cousin! Dinni go gittin' any ideas." he warned.

"Jeesh Grandpa! I'm no that stupid." he complained as he straightened up and headed towards the kitchen, mumbling to himself about how only an idiot with a death wish would try it on with Keelay now.

**********

Duncan drove along the country road muttering to himself. He hated that he had to leave Keelay. Worse, he hated leaving her with Jake. She was his mate. His. He should be the one to care for her and protect her. Instead he was the one who she needed protection from.

His hands gripped the steering wheel and he gritted his teeth together. His wolf wanted out to hunt down his mate and fuck. The horny little mutt. He could feel the pull of the moon as it began to rise. He was never going to get to his Grandma's house in time but would have to fight off the change. He could do it. For Keelay, he would do it.

The stars glittered above him, the only witness to his inner battle as his mind slowly slipped from logical to predatory. He started to see the world in another light. Everything became sharper and his hearing more acute. His senses were always the first to change. His skin tingled and the hairs on his body rose, becoming a lot more sensitive. He wondered what it would feel like to have Keelay run her fingers lightly across the skin of his neck, to feel the sharp sting of her nails. Of course this line of thought lead to more explicit images.... Keelay kneeling in front of him, his cock sliding between her kiss swollen lips.... Keelay bending over, exposing her dripping pussy to his exploring hands and mouth. Keelay tight and warm around his cock as he pounded deep inside her....

"Fuck!" cursed Duncan as he swerved to avoid a fir tree. Thinking about her was not doing him any favors. Probably get him in trouble. Hs wolf growled in appreciation at the last image, burning in his mind. Keelay, bound and submissive, helpless to his desire.

He put his foot down hard on the accelerator, speeding around the blind curves of the bend. It had become a race now. Not to beat the moon, this had already started to rise. It had become a race to beat the wolf, as like the moon, his animal side was rising. The chains becoming weak as the beast got stronger. If he didn't get to his brothers before it broke free, it was anyone's guess what would happen.

"Only five more miles." he whispered into the silence. Five more miles. He could hold on until then. At least Keelay was safe, for that he was thankful. She would never see him lose control. See him turn into a mindless animal. She was with safe. With Jake. Safe and cozy in the cabin. Cozy with Jake. In a cabin. She was probably in bed by now. Tucked up warm. With JAKE!

Each unwanted thought enraged both the human and the wolf. New, dangerous images filled his head. Keelay sitting by the fire, cuddling up with Jake...Keelay laughing and touching Jake....Keelay kissing Jake...Keelay beneath Jake, his body surging into hers.

Duncan howled in rage and pain. He slammed on the breaks and gripped the wheel of the car so tight, his knuckles turned white. Keelay was his. Why the hell had he let her go off with him? Why had he trusted him? He was a male werewolf, had all the needs and desires of a werewolf. The need to hunt, to run, to find his mate...to fuck! No, he couldn't trust his cousin. He couldn't trust anyone with her. The only one, who could keep her safe, was him.

So what the fuck are we sitting here for? He asked himself, his mind automatically thinking as two separate entities.

Throwing open the door, he leapt out and ran into the dark wood. He would get Keelay, stake his claim, and rip Jakes head off his body for daring to take her from him.

Duncan's rational mind was gone. He was acting on instinct now. The instinct to claim his mate, to protect her and provide for her, to defend her and his territory.

He ran hard and fast, cutting through the forest in a direct line to his Grandfathers cabin. His acute eyesight improving his night vision while his muscles, changing as he ran, increased his speed and his determination driving him on. The animals around him scurried in all directions as he passed, sensing the danger. Onwards he ran, the wolf in its cage egging him on, fueling his anger and desire. He ran to the cabin, where his unsuspecting mate slept, unaware of the creature that was about to claim her.

**********

Keelay slept soundly, warm and cozy, on the couch. Her dreams were filled with the image of forests and mythical creatures and a damsel in distress.

Jake sat in a chair by the fire, reading his favorite book for the eight time. It seemed sissy-ish to his cousins, but Pride and Prejudice was a great book and something about the characters captivated him. His uncle and Grandfather where in the kitchen, eating as usual. Werewolves had a big appetite. They tended to burn of more energy and had higher metabolisms than regular humans and so needed to eat a lot more. It was no coincidence that three of his relatives owned food businesses.

Just as Jake got to the part of the book, were Darcy proposed for the first time, his Uncle exited the kitchen, followed by his Grandfather.

"Where heading oaf to the meetin'. You gonna be awright?" asked his alpha.

"Aye, Grandpa, we'll be fine." he assured him.

"Right-o. See ya in the mornin' then." With a quick wave, both men left the cabin and Jake listened to the sound of their car pull off. He followed the sound as far as he could hear it before turning and looking at his house guest. Something must have woken her up as Keelay was sleepily looking around.

"Hey, go back to sleep, It's still night." he soothed.

"It's fine." she replied, rising from the couch, shifting her clothes as she stood. "I need to use the bathroom anyway. Uhmm which way...?" she asked shyly.

"Down the hall, first on the right. Are you hungry?" he motioned to a small hallway leading off to the left of him.

Keelay nodded as she passed and Jake rose. Slipping into the kitchen, he thought about how lucky Duncan was. Jake didn't have a wolf, so there was no guarantee he has a mate. And there was no other purpose in life for a werewolf, than to find, protect and provide for his mate. If he had no mate, what was his purpose?

Keelay came into the kitchen and stood awkwardly by the sink, unsure where to go, what to do. Jake told her to take a seat at the table and as she slid into it, she voiced the question that had been playing on her mind since she left Duncan.

"What's Duncan doing? I mean, what is it that he's doing with his family that's so important, even though you're not there?"

Jake smiled. He wondered if she was going to get straight to the point. "Every year, on the 1st August, the entire family meets up to celebrate Lughnasadh. This is basically a pagan festival to celebrate the beginning of the harvest moon. Our family has been celebrating it since the beginning, way back when we worshipped the old Gods."

"Old Gods?"

"Aye. We worshipped Tailtu, the Celtic Earth Goddess and Fenrir the Norse Wolf God."

"Really?" She asked with interest.

Jake laughed "Aye. Tailtu was not only the Earth Goddess, but also foster mother to Lugh. It's said she died of overwork, clearing out a forest all on her own. Lugh decided she should have a festival of her own and created Lughnasadh, celebrated every August 1st. It's still celebrated even now. Although, now-a-days it's mostly just a day of competitions."

"Wow. What about Fenrir?"

"Fenrir is said to be the son of Loki and a giantess. Odin is the King of the Norse Gods. There is prophecy about them you know."

"Yeah? What is it?" she asked captivated.

"It's said that at the end of time, when the world ends, Fenrir will Kill his father." he chuckled, wiggling his eyebrows as he carried two small plates over to the table.

"Go, talk about dysfunctional." she chuckled back. Jake laid a ham and cheese sandwich in front of her and she wolfed it down, realizing that she hadn't eaten all day. "Mmmmm, I needed that."

Jake chuckled "There's more where that came from." and as he rose to make more Keelay put her little hand on his thick arm and told him not to worry she'd get something later. Keelay wasn't a big eater anyway and she was feeling slightly out of sorts without Duncan.

"So why aren't you at the festival, with your family?" she asked instead, but as she thought about the possible answers a new question formed and with a worried expression she immediately asked "It's not because of ME is it? Because I'm here? I don't want to be a problem; you should go with your family. It isn't fair that you have to stay with me, I'm fine really...." But she didn't get to finished her fretted speech before Jake interrupted her.

"Now don't you worry. It's fine. I never go to the festival anyway. I don't really fit in with the rest of my family." he smiled reassuringly.

"Why not?"

"Let's just say that I don't have the same animalistic instinct they do and it gets a little intense at the meetings." For Keelay his word conjured memories of Duncan and his behavior earlier in the day. The way he looked at her like she was something he wanted to eat, the way he touched her like he was rubbing his scent all over her. She still smelt slightly like him, although the scent was fading. She had an unnerving sensation of lose wash over her at the idea and ached to have him with her just so she could smell him.

Shaking herself slightly to chase away the feelings she didn't understand, Keelay started asking Jake questions about Duncan. His childhood, his teen-years, his friends, family members, pets. Anything she could think off to help her get to know him.

Keelay and Jake spent over an hour chatting casually about Duncan, little knowing that he speeding towards them.

**********

Drake and Zack arrived at the meeting a little late but Drake didn't mind. After all he was the alpha and the meeting couldn't start without him. As he entered the clearing that was their yearly gathering point, Drake looked around his pack and family. His life. Aimee, his wife and friend of over 52 years, was waiting for him by a tall oak tree. He grinned at her and quickly crossed to her side, still unable to bear the separation for so long. Aimee was his mate in every sense. He never wanted for anything, as long as he had his Aimee. She was smart, kind, loving, and funny, quick witted and kept their pack from following the footsteps of all the others. Helped prevent the pack members, their children and grand-children, from becoming savage and cruel. She was packs guiding light. She symbolized the pack.

But she had not always been pack.

While he had raised his children to believe in the truth and to always tell the truth, he and his wife had lied and hidden things from them. Tonight those secrets would have to be shared. With Keelay now a member of the pack, even though she didn't actually know about the pack yet, keeping the secret was useless.

As he reached her, Aimee took his hand and sqeezed, giving him a reasuring smile. Tonight the secret would be told. Tonight he would step down as alpha and pass the title to one of his children. Tonight their pack would change. He hated change.

"Everyone! Settle down, I've got sumthin' to say." He called out as he stepped out from the shadows of the sheltering tree. His family automatically fell silent and turned to him expectantly.

"Tonight is Lugnasadh. The night of the harvest moon. A night to give thanks and be grateful for all we've been given this year.....But tonight is also a night of change." He looked at Aimee for support and she stepped up beside him, linking their hands. "Tonight, I step down as alpha," a roar of denial erupted but he raised his hand and motioned for quiet and the roar became a murmur. "Tonight I'll choose one of my children to take the mantle of alpha. To take the responsibility of guiding the pack through the changes and the hardships to come. To ensure that the newer generations grow to be good and decent and honest. This is only some of the responsibilities of alpha." He paused and looked at his six sons and four daughters. It had been a hard choice but he had narrowed it down to three. His eldest Zack, his third son Ethan and his daughter Terri. All three would make a brilliant alpha, bringing their own strengths into the role. Zack was strong and sturdy. A rock. Ethan was more compassionate and open-minded while Terri was logical and realistic.

"It has been a hard trying to choose which of my children should be the next alpha, each of you are wonderful and unique and I am proud to be your father. But only one can be alpha. That is why I have decided to leave the choice to you." Confusion rippled across the faces of the crowd like water in a pond. Them chose? "I have narrowed down my prime choice to three of you. Zack, as I believe he is strong and firm and would carry the pack threw the hard and stressful times to come. Ethan, because he is confident and compassionate and fair. And Terri, because she is just and realistic and can see both sides of a problem. Each of them would make a fine alpha and it is hard for me to decide on my own. So I leave it to you. Think over each candidate and choice who you will lead you."

Quiet murmurs and whispers filled the silence. Choosing the new alpha was not how a pack was supposed to work. The alpha was the strongest, both physically and mentally, in the pack. If there was a change of alpha it was usually due to challenges and attacks. This was what separated Drake's pack from all the others, including his fathers.

Drake's childhood was one of violence and hardships. His father believed strongly in beating his sons to make them strong. Women were forbidden to be anything other than housewives and mothers. Completely archaic. On meeting Aimee, he had found it hard to believe that she was unmarried and as nice and sweet as she seemed. If it hadn't been for his wolf instinct, he would never have trusted her enough to get to know her and her way of life. Aimee believed in helping those weaker than her. She believed in truth and justice and kindness. Her world was the complete opposite of his, And he love that. Drake had fallen madly in love with Aimee within weeks of meeting her and within months they had ran away together to get married and start their own family. Their own pack. Drake an Aimee had agree that their children would never live like Drake had so they raised them to believe in themselves and trust themselves, as well as each other. Their family had always been close and the siblings had never felt the need to have more than the others. They were happy with what they had.

12