Courting a Vampire Ch. 01

Story Info
Lilly learns to court a Vampire.
1.5k words
4.54
66.7k
180

Part 1 of the 11 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 01/25/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
StormHerald
StormHerald
1,161 Followers

This is my first story here on Literotica so please give me comments and rate it. I hope you like this. Also I am not blessed with an editor so please be kind and understanding.

******

"Are you serious?" I stared horrified at my unearthly, unmoving, beautiful mother.

"Yes, I am quite serious, Lilly." My mother continued to opened trunks that I was told since infancy wouldn't be open until my wedding. "Now get out, most of this is for your husbands eyes only, and your nervousness is making me ill."

I stood up and walked out of her room and crossed the long hallway into my room, slamming the door behind me. I looked at the canopy bed, gauzy curtains of soft greens and blues falling down to the dark blue and silver stitched bedding. I threw myself onto my bed, taking in the only human looking room in the house. I spotted my reflection in the mirror of my vanity and picked up a dark blue pillow and threw it.

Of course my room was the only human looking room in the ridiculously over sized house, I was the only human in the house. The mirror distorted my reflection and I looked away trying to keep my tears from falling, the last thing I needed was for my younger brother to scent my grief and saunter in like he owned the place.

I sighed, who was I kidding, he was going to own this place, and the title and everything else. He was a Halfling, half vampire, half human, what I wassupposedto have been. Imagine my vampire mother and fathers surprise, when they prepare a bottle of formula cut with blood only to find out, voila, full human daughter.

I stared up at the ceiling, genetically I was rare, if you had two vampire parents, and the vampire gene is dominate, its only a small percentage that the baby would have the recessivehumangene. But I did, which meant for an average vampire household, embarrassment, and the hopes that someone will adopt the human quickly, at least that is what I would assume would happen. To be honest I have never heard about another human born to a vampire family, but who knows.

However, for my family, who held royal blood, and with it, royal power, for my family it brought embarrassment, and shame. How could a vampire family with such strong lines, have a human daughter?

I took deep breaths trying to keep the tears back, because of who my family is, they couldn't just dump me off at the nearest European orphanage. Nope, because, it just so happens when the great Vlaine line has a child, that child is married off right in the womb. Some old witch comes around, tells them the sex of the child, and poof the child is engaged.

Imagine how thrilled my family was when they discovered the ruling vampire family had just had a son not one year ago and was still trying to find an appropriate match for him, and my mother just happened to be carrying a daughter. Parties were thrown, engagements were made, bonds were formed, blood oaths were voiced, and I ended up engaged.

Then out came Lilly, and down went my family. At least that's how my brother tells it anyway. My mother, being a kind hearted creature, says that the royal family still saw potential in the marriage between Damien, their precious prince, and me, the embarrassment of a human. However, other families with vampire Halfling children would have their slightly stronger spawn start to attack me. I almost died three times before I was even eight.

Needless to say, my father was forced to swallow his pride and take me away from Europe, for my safety as well as my entire families safety. Thus exchanging a couple of hundred year old castle, for a brand new mansion, built in the wilds of Idaho. That's right, Idaho, where else can a future human princess to the vampires be kept safe except in the only place where running water still hasn't been discovered yet. Yep, Idaho.

I'm exaggerating the running water, but not by much, I look out my two windows and see nothing but farm land, farm land as far as the eye can see. Its depressing, but its home. At least to me its home, to the rest of my family, its beyond depressing.

Finally the tears began to fall and I groaned as my bedroom door opened, as expected, and my twelve year old brother sauntered into the room, smirking at me.

"Get out Luke."

"Oh ho, little human Lilly crying in her little bitty bed?" I glared at the frustrating brat. He was the perfect specimen of vampireness, midnight hair, midnight eyes, pale face, and sharp angular features. He could eat his weight and then some, and still gain not a pound.

I, on the other hand, had long, chestnut hair, that had naturally, soft, bouncy curls. That's right, soft curls, not the beautiful straight severe black hair of my family, nope, soft, chestnut, and curls. It was humiliating, along with that obvious difference, I was also full figured, not angular and severe like the rest of my family, no I had curves, full hips, full bust, a perfectly human hourglass figure. My eyes were chocolate, that's right, sugar and milk with cocoa, chocolate. No mysterious black, no intimidating harsh light from my eyes, nope, soft, again! And I was a honey kissed tan, because while my family sun burned, then returned to their pale glow, I absorbed the sun. My skin took in the sun, changed my skin tones, and gave me the last nail in the proverbial coffin.

I glared at my perfect specimen of vampirism brother and narrowed my eyes, "You aren't a vampire either brat."

He shrugged the argument off haughtily, he naturally had haughtiness, I couldn't muster it to save my life, "So, eventually I can be bit and changed into a vampire. You cant, can you itty bitty Lilly?"

I stood up and stalked towards him and I was satisfied to see panic flash across his face before he bolted out the door yelling for Mother. I snorted in satisfaction as I slammed the door again. But it was short lived as I heard my door open and felt the ice cold presence of my father stalk into my room, "Lilly."

I looked up at him and saw a frown on his sharp features, "What?"

His back straightened even more and his eyes narrowed, "Your mother is ready to speak with you."

I nodded looking down, I knew my father disliked me, who wouldn't, my entrance into the world single handedly ruined his reputation and took away everything from him, including his home. I walked silently through the dark halls and back into the black and red room of my parents.

My mother closed the last of the luggage and I gawked at them, "Wait, what is going on?"

My father stood next to my mother giving me an icy stare, "You are headed to France to meet up with your aunt, and from there you will go by train to the house of your future husband."

My knees buckled under my weight and I collapsed hard onto the floor, landing hard on my soft ass, "But I'm not supposed to marry him until I'm nineteen, that's still six months away."

Mother looked up at my father in what could only be described as nervousness, which for her to actually show, must mean something very bad. I waited, staring miserably at them and finally my mother turned to me and sat down on the edge of her bed, "Lilly, you must start courting soon. It is different for vampire royalty, the courting is very important. It is one of those things that must be learned by doing, not by being told."

I looked up at her, fear stealing my breath, "I don't understand, I know I'm an embarrassment, but, I thought that the marriage was cancelled because of what I am."

My mother shook her head, "No darling, the agreement was made in blood, there is nothing that can be done. It will be hard and might even be deadly for you, that's why, we came here, why we gave up so much for you to have a happy life until now."

I felt tears spill down my face and looked up to my father who was looking away in disgust. I looked back down ashamed, "I thought...I had plans, college, a future..."

Both my parents shook their heads, "No Lilly, you leave for Paris tonight. Isadora, your aunt, will meet you there, and then you will have to go shopping."

"Why?" Of all the stupid things, the last thing on my mind was shopping but the look in my Mothers face silenced me.

"You have nothing appropriate to wear, I went through all six trunks, when I had bought the garments, I had thought your body would be more...like mine."

I hunched down a bit realizing that I had to get an entirely new wardrobe because my mother had shopped for a future vampire, not a plump human.

"Enough coddling Esmeralda, lets go already."

My mother nodded and touched my soft hair before pulling me to my feet and kissing me goodbye.

StormHerald
StormHerald
1,161 Followers