Crazed Things Happen In Small Towns

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As we approach the next floor, I notice an empty room and we didn't search it; I move the team forward coming upon more of the infected. Suddenly from behind another team member is attacked and drugged into the empty room as the rest of us have to hear another team member's screams. I'm leading the team; I should've cleared the room. I now have an even slimmer chance of finishing the task at hand- killing the High-Archie.

As we continue to single file up a narrow staircase, I'm anticipating more of the infected with each step; however we come across what looks to be a gory feeding room. I lead the rest of the team slowly- carefully- and quietly, making our way through the decayed bodies and massive amounts of blood.

The team looks at each other as if knowing the chance of survival is growing slimmer with every entry. I remember what Dauber said about the layout of the home. I'm aware the team has to pass though the feeding room to reach the suspected sanctuary. As we band together, continue our approach through the room and then one of the team member's volunteers to lead the team through the suspected frenzy on the other side. I'm hesitant to answer his decision to lead the team, though he doesn't wait on my decision and opens the last conjoining door. Right away he sees chaos and we've been spotted. The team has no other choice now but to move through what will be the last defense to the High-Archie sanctuary.

Back to back we stand tall, fighting and striking precise blows against the infected. One of the members of the team glances over another's shoulder and notices a loved one and gets distracted. He gets trapped alone- his fate has been sealed as he's now overwhelmed and over-powered by the infected.

"Well Casey- it seems you and I, are what's left of the team. We have to realize now the chance of survival has depleted, I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I've had a hell of a dance that's better than my own prom."

We both notice there's one door left that keeps us from the High-Archie. Casey makes the choice to stay behind as I enter the room. She Thinks that I'll have a better shot at killing him and hopes that if she doesn't die, killing him might save us all. Without warning, Casey pushes me into the room and quickly shuts the door behind me. I'm weary of her decision but proud of her courage and willingness to give up her life for another- that's a hero. I enter with more urgency now to continue into his sanctuary. Suddenly- I come face to face with the High-Archie who's believed to be the scientist. As I and the scientist stare at each other sizing up one another, I immediately brandish my sword, specially made by Dauber to send him straight to hell. I make the first move and first strike as the scientist proves to be a worthy opponent, as this would go down to be the battle of all battles. Dauber seems to have trained Denis well as he matches the High-Archie's power and strikes.

With every strike it seemed to almost end the target with every lethal blow, each hit harder than the last. At this point Denis starts to get tired but he must finish the task at hand. There's reason that seems to be pushing him as it shows in his strikes. Dauber's body shield seems to be up-holding with standing the High-Archie's blows. Denis seems to be wearing down the scientist as the copper sword cuts into his flesh, blow after blow. Finally he has him on his knees, bloody and frying from the copper. As he approaches the High-Archie with the sword dripping with blood, he sees the end is near. With what he hopes is the last strike, he raises his sword high over his head. Suddenly as the scientist is perched on one knee, he has one last strike to offer. He reaches out from his lower stance, grabs Denis and bites his leg. Denis ends the nightmare by severing the scientist's head. Denis takes a moment to contemplate all that has happened as he's elated and relieved that this has ended in his favor. He gathers himself and heads back to the entrance door. As Denis grabs the door handle he feels a change that comes over him. He hears voices from the other side of the door. He's hesitant but comes to realize that he may now open the door, that Dauber may have been correct in thinking that killing the High-Archie will break the ties from the townspeople.

Denis opens the door and is shocked by what he sees. He continues through the door and comes upon the townspeople on bended knee as if to praise him. One of the infected stands up and approaches Denis, brandish and grips his sword to defend himself from any harm. The calm look and dwindling demeanor on the infected seemed to reassure him that something has changed in the townspeople. As the inffected townsmen slowly approach, he helps Denis to lower the sword. He's now becoming to realize, fell, and somehow hear what is happening. He has now inherited the High-Archie mental mind control over the townspeople.

Now having inherited the ability of mind-control it's not inheritance he wishes to have, however he realizes now he would be able to reconnect with his wife. Denis knows that eventually the radiation will take him over because he can already feel it coursing through his veins. He takes the last few minutes of life to think of his son and the promises he made to him to return safe, and with his mother. It saddens him that he won't be able to see him grow into a man. In time the town will recover as the government finally offers one final stand in fear of publicity from Dauber as he's documented everything that has aspired.

Years go by and Denis's only son has matured into a man, it's not shocking that he's becomes a cop. He has constant nightmares of his mother and it's hard not to remember what happened clearly that night in that small town in Texas. Denis Jr. has to remember to keep a copper piece on him at all times, as he fears his mother waits to kill him if he gives her the opportunity. The days are hard for Denis Jr and unfair at times. He augustly wants to be able to put this ordeal behind him and move forward in his life. He wants to get married someday and create his own family, but the fear of putting his family in jeopardy is too difficult to bear. He often wonders how his father felt and knows he would do the same for his wife or child if he was suddenly thrown into that situation. He doesn't blame his father for trying to rescue his mother even though he's obviously failed. Denis Jr. starts to run out of options and patience; he must make a decision how to end this nightmare.

On one hot summer's night, he's hatched a plan to move forward with what he knows he must do. He's located a secluded but open field location to set his plan into motion. As he stands in the dark under the moonlight and smog filled secluded land, he takes out the copper piece and drops it onto the ground and awaits his mother's arrival. He's stands there, armed with a bow and copper tipped arrows. An hour goes by, which felt like an eternity of useless waiting time, and then a shadow of someone slowly appears from out of the fog. He's filled with emotions and shocked to see his mother, who he barely remembers, but still feels the love between mother and son. Although her eyes of demeanor show no signs of love- just pure evil; he understands what he must do. With tears in his eyes and trembling from emotion, he arms the bow with the copper tipped arrow and takes a breath. He draws back the bow with hesitation but certain in what he must do.

As he stares down the bow and arrow with one last look at his mother. He releases the arrow with piercing speed and he hits his mark, straight through her heart and she falls, only to be covered by fog. The ordeal with his mother is finally over and he can now move on with his life. He knows his father is somewhere out there- and will come searching for her. He just hopes that he'll not have to repeat this horrendous act again.


12