Curve Ball

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But things are different now. For one, you aren't on the road all the time and Gwen ... well, she's had her problem sorted out."

"What bleeding problem?"

"Her hormone problem. Why do you think she was up and down like a bloody yo-yo? Gwen had a hormone balance problem. She went to anger management classes after she... Oh, after your divorce anyway and they sent her to a psychiatrist, who had her hormone balance check out. Gwen's were all over the place; it didn't take them long to sort her out.

"You mean she doesn't lose her temper anymore?"

"Don't be silly, we all loose our temper sometimes. Let's just say Gwen has her emotions as much under control as the rest of us do nowadays."

"Well, that's a relief to hear."

"So are you going to try to get back together with her?"

"Hold on, Della. Gwen and I broke up years ago."

"But you still love her."

"What makes you believe that?"

"Could it be because you dream about her so much?"

"What makes you think I dream about Gwen?"

"Mike, you talk in your sleep! Why do you think that once you bed them, all those girls disappear so fast? It's not conducive to a long relationship, you know, to have your lover murmuring another woman's name all night."

"Oh, shit, do I? I've always wondered why some women are all over me until we slept together and then they didn't want to know anymore. You know sometimes I wondered if it was something to do with my performance in bed."

"Wow! You got no worries on that score, Mike. If it was only down to sex, I'd have married you the first chance I got."

"Well, that's a relief. And if I think about it, I do miss Gwen, and I believe I still do love her. But does she still love me?"

"Jesus, Mike, do you think she would be here if she didn't love you. The poor woman's been on tenterhooks for weeks while I've been planning tonight."

"How long have you had this evening up your sleeve, Della?"

"About three years!"

"Three years!"

"Shush, they'll hear you inside. Look, Gwen's my friend and you're my friend. But I'm not that magnanimous. She had you once and lost you, or rather tried to kill you. Now when you'd been with Gwen you had no intention of climbing into my bed. Hey, I looked out for number one first. Can you blame me?"

"Yes!"

"I feared you'd say that. Are we still friends?"

"Of course, we have been since that day in Norwich, but I don't have to like you though. Now shall we get back to the others before they think we've run off together?"

"Good idea but they more likely think we are upstairs having a final...."

"You don't mean they all know we've been sleeping together."

"Of course they do. They aren't thick."

"Even Gordon and Gwen?"

"Sure, who the hell did you think taught me how to press all your buttons. Although I don't quite know when Gordon thinks we stopped getting it on, so please be careful what you say."

"Do I look like I've got a death wish?" Gordon's a big boy.

"Well, you had one when you married Gwen before she got her problems sorted, now come on."

We returned to the lounge where no one showed any sign of noting our absence. Gwen showed signs of feeling a little uncomfortable when I first sat beside her. But she relaxed when I placed my arm around her shoulder.

Once they saw that Gwen and I were comfortable with each other, Robert and his wife left and a little later Della and Gordon sneakily retired to the guestroom. I don't think Gwen and I saw them go. I have no idea when Jenny and her daughter left.

Gwen told me all about her life since our divorce. In theory I told Gwen about what had been going on in mine, but I think Della had briefed her on my life very well.

Gwen told me that she'd been friends with Della at boarding school when they were young. She'd run into Della again at a school reunion about six years ago. As Gwen had told Della her life story, Della had suddenly put two and two together. It had been common knowledge in the industry that my wife had stabbed me and Della knew that my ex-wife's name was Gwen. She heard me call Gwen on the phone, right back when we'd first met in Norwich.

The two had become firm friends again, but as far as Gwen knew it was only when I'd asked Della to marry me that either of them realised I was looking for a woman in my life. It had taken Della a lot of persuasion to get Gwen to come to the dinner party. Gwen had expected me to reject her outright.

There was no way I was sober enough to drive Gwen home. So Gwen stayed the night in my bed, whilst I slept on the sofa. I think Della thought we'd both want to jump into bed together but Gwen and I thought it prudent to take things slowly.

Well, we did take things slowly up to a point. But I'm afraid we had to rush a marriage through four months later with Gwen two months pregnant. A sister joined the first little boy early this year. I think Gwen and I are going to be fine now. We'll have to see what tomorrow holds for us.

Della and Gordon have two children now as well. We spend a lot of time together when we can, both at their house near Glasgow and at Gwen and my new place. We had to buy a bigger house because of the children.

The company is doing fine. I rarely go on the road at all and when I do Gwen comes with me. Jenny's daughter works for us now as a kind of nanny-come-housekeeper. And that means Gwen and I can get away on our own sometimes.

Life goes on