Damn Ch. 01

Story Info
The interview.
2.1k words
4.46
64k
38

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/01/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Damn. Damn. Damn. My car would break down. What a fucking week. I am going to be so late. She banged her hands against the steering wheel and then groaned against the pain. A stream of curses flew from her lips as she continued her onslaught on the car. Nearly ten minutes passed and she calmed marginally enough to look around her car and stuff things into her oversized bag. She took a deep breath and got out of the car, slamming the door shut. Sitting down next to the car she switched her heels up for a pair of chucks. She sighed contentedly. Finally some relief from this crazy world. She stood up and dusted off her skirt and cast a glance back at her car.

"Fuck." She shouted repeatedly as she kicked her car. It looked crazy; hell she was more than halfway there now. The looks the people walking past gave her, made it quite obvious she had reached and surpassed the crazy line.

I can hear them now. She thought walking away hurriedly to her destination. Look at that crazy black chick, freaking out and kicking that car. Pulling out her cell she looked at the time. 2: 58 the clock seemed to taunt her. Shit I've got 2 minutes to make it to this appointment. She looked around for verification. And where I am it takes at least 5 in the car. She pulled out her phone and called the only person she could think of.

"'Ello" the groggy masculine voice on the other line said.

"Dylan are you still asleep?" she asked incredulously.

"No. You can't prove it." He said a bit more coherently she laughed calming a bit.

"How's my girl? Don't you have that interview today?"

She growled into the phone. "Dylan.. this week has sucked. And to top it off guess what?"

"Ooohh Kayla.. you know I love surprises what?" she imagine him sitting up on his bed in excitement wiping his black hair from his brow.

"My car just broke down at least 5 minutes away, driving, from my appointment. Which I might add is on the 10 floor."

"Ouch… Well.." His response was delayed by a feminine voice telling him to hang up and come back to bed.

"Good luck with you interview." He said dismissively then hung up.

Normally his liaisons and him hanging up on her wouldn't matter but today wasn't like any day. In fact it was probably one of the most important days of her life second to her wedding day which she was sure wasn't going to happen. She walked faster holding a death grip on her bag. Her life wasn't anything that she dreamed. At the age of 23 she had nothing but her Bachelors degree in Interior and graphic design to her name. Not having support from her family was a pain but she could survive. She felt a surge of anger well up as she quickened her pace while she remembered why she left home with nothing. She felt her fingernails digging into her palm and calmed down a bit.

No thinking of the past. No thinking of the past. She chanted to herself. I think about enough at home.

She glanced around her and there it was in all its' splendor. The Prescott building one of the biggest design firms in the country. It took her months to even get an appointment. But here she was standing at the doors. She checked herself in the windows reflection. I look run over but I'm late. She took a deep breath and headed in.

-----

"Your appointment isn't there Alec. Maybe you should take that lunch you promised yourself." The motherly voice over the speakerphone said. Alec chuckled.

"You as well as I know that I don't have time. In fact since my appointment is cancelled I have to attend the Bristol meeting." He sighed drastically. "And you don't need to keep checking to see if I eat."

"Oh dear. Well I'll make sure you have food when you come back dear." The line clicked over. Alec chuckled again as the speaker clearly ignored him. His housekeeper Darcy was something else, always the mother figure. He sighed and ran his hand through his dirty blonde hair. He leaned back in his chair and mused

Damn I was looking forward to missing that meeting. He looked across his office and sighed again. It felt more like a cage than a place someone worked. Many nights he spent there where filled with pacing like a caged tiger with nowhere to go. He hated this office, hell he hated the building. He'd rather be a janitor than have this job. A self-loathing chuckle escaped his lips before diminishing quickly. He could see it now splashed all over the tabloids. "Heir to the Prescott Company disowned, now a janitor".

He sighed again. It seemed like sighing was the only thing he was doing nowadays. He stood slowly and headed towards his nightmare come to life. This meeting was important for the company, which would have been okay if it wasn't for the fact it was a Bristol meeting. He growled as he headed towards the door. Mr. Bristol would have been his father-in-law, if his parents had their way. It would have happened too, if he hadn't came home early to pick something up for a meeting. That day he walked into his bedroom and saw her, as naked as the day she was born, with the pool boy. He scoffed as he headed down the hallway past his secretary. G-d his ex was such a cliché and they weren't even married yet.

"Oh Alec, darling." The voice called making him cringe visibly. He turned to face the owner of the nails on a chalkboard voice. He grimaced and tried to turn it into a smile.

"Good afternoon, Miss White," he said hoping his voice didn't betray his thorough disgust at her being.

She giggled shrilly. "Alec darling, how many times do I have to say, call me Bambi?"

More like bimbo. He shook his head as he raked his eyes over her body. She was probably beautiful but he couldn't get over her fakeness. Everything about her was paid for. Bleach bottle blonde with extensive plastic surgery, and those damn acrylic nails. Okay so maybe he was being a bit judgmental but she made his blood pressure rise with every word, strike that action she did. Leave it to his father to hire the dumbest woman because she was beauty to society's standard. He probably hated her more for that, and the fact his father wouldn't let him fire her.

"You know I cant do that. I like to keep professional courtesy in the office." He said gritting his teeth at the way she leaned forward giving him a good show of her chest. She might be dumb, but her chest was smoking. Her smile widened as she saw him glance down and strain to keep his eyes on her face.

"Your 3 o'clock hasn't arrived yet." She said batting her eyes.

Thank you Captain Obvious. "Did she call?"

"She?" the smile slipped a bit. He wasn't sure how, he was pretty sure she had botox surgery.

"Yes the designer I was going to interview. You booked her appointment how do you not remember that she was a she when you spoke with her?" there it goes again. He felt his heart pounding. "Ugh never mind." He said before she managed an excuse. "I'm going to the Bristol meeting. I should be back in an hour or so. Darcy is sending a lunch by for me. Please be sure to pick it up."

She smiled slyly. "No problem Alec."

He grimaced again and headed towards the elevator full speed. As the doors shut he pressed his button and leaned against the back and ran his hands through his hair. He checked his image in the doors reflection. He wiped imaginary dirt off his suit and took deep breaths. The door pinged and he headed off into the hallway to his destination he barely reached the double doors to the Conference room when he realized he forgot his suitcase. He turned and ran back to the elevator just in time to watch it shut and start it's decent to the lower floors.

------

Ping.

The sound nearly made her jump out of her skin. Breathe. Just Breathe. She stepped in and pressed the floor number. She stared at her reflection in the door as it started its way back up the building. She sighed and started smoothing the wrinkles from her skirt. She didn't look too bad. The black skirt went a little past mid thigh; the shirt she wore was white with a black over-shirt with only one button buttoned. She couldn't even fix her hair, not that it needed to be fixed it was stuck in place, and thanks to the insane hair gel that Dylan gave her. The pixie hairstyle suited her oval face. It was the only thing that she wouldn't complain of today. The door pinged and opened. She couldn't tell if her mouth was open. She was hoping it was closed. She stepped aside to allow the man to enter.

G-d loves me. She thought as she looked at the mans reflection. What is he 6'2 and he has blue eyes. Thank G-d for eye candy. She smiled a bit and closed her eyes as the elevator started up again.

He sighed inaudibly as she shut her eyes. Now this was beauty. She was covered but her clothes hugged all the right places. About 5'4 he figured. His eyes slid over her body appreciatively. Damn. He thought as he gazed at her legs. She looks fit. A smile snuck onto his face as he gazed at her shoes. His gaze drifted back up and stopped as he realized her breathing was pushing her chest forward. A c-cup he figured. G-d I hope they're real.

The elevator pinged again and they headed off down the hallway. She stopped abruptly and started to go through her bag. He smiled and continued on to his office and walked in.

"Alec darling, back already?"

"Just heading into grab my suitcase. I'm leaving soon after." He headed into his office and shut the door. He sat in his chair and relaxed a bit. After a moments rest he stood and grabbed his suitcase and stopped by his closed door as he heard an argument in process.

"So are you saying Mr. Prescott isn't going to see me? Or are you just refusing to let me see him?" he heard the feminine voice say calmly.

"You're late. You missed the appointment and didn't call. Try some other firm." Bambi's shrilly voice called.

"What do you mean I didn't call?" the voice started to get exasperated. " I called you didn't answer. IF you had you would have known my car broke down. And I had to walk the rest of the way here."

He could hear Bambi scoffing. " Well that excuses the shoes darling. But what of the rest of your… attire."

"Listen hear Bimbo…" the voice said angrily enticing a laugh from Alec.

"Bambi."

"Bambi.. I call these clothes. You should look into it not everyone wants to see what your parents paid for." Alec chuckled deeply. I like this woman. He thought. He laughed even harder as he heard Bambi sputtering. At that he opened the door slightly.

"It's okay Bambi. I can see her." He could hear her continued sputtering and struggled to keep his laughter silent. He went and sat back down. Victory I don't have to go to meeting. He shut his eyes and he heard a scuffle and the door slam shut. When he opened them he saw the woman from the elevator with her back to him.

"Mr. Prescott, sorry about that display earlier. Every time I call I either get hung up on or it just continues to ring. It was immature and I apologize for my outburst." G-d let him believe I mean I'm sorry. I hate that woman. She turned towards him and gasped.

He smiled. "NO worries. I've wanted to call her bimbo for ages. Best thing I've heard in a few weeks."

He watched as she visibly relaxed. "Oh thank G-d." She said, "I hate lying." She smiled slightly as she saw him grin. She walked towards him and extended her hand.

"Kayla Watson." He grasped her hand firmly, and she noticed how they seemed to fit nicely.

"Alec Prescott." He released her hand and stared into her eyes. She cleared her throat.

"It's a pleasure to be here for an interview." She said averting her eyes looking around the room at everything but him.

"The pleasure is all mine." He drawled softly. Her gaze snapped back towards him and a small smile tugged at her lips. He sighed for the millionth time that day but this time not from stress. He looked her over again and smiled. The pleasure is definitely all mine. He thought.