Damn Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Alec darling," he cringed. "Don't act so uncultured towards your mother." He pushed the binder closer to her keeping his mouth sealed tightly. He hated these meetings, disguised as dinner with his mother. It always started with 'Alec darling' no matter what she was saying. 'Alec darling why won't you reconsider your engagement?' or 'Alec darling, you and Kristina would have beautiful children you really should reconsider your engagement.' The best one he'd heard was 'Alec darling, you may have cost us a fortune refusing to marry Kristina.'. He was pretty sure that's why Bambi said it so damn much.

What I wouldn't give to have a ground open up underneath me and swallow me whole.

When he didn't respond to her, she sighed dramatically and opened up the binder.

"Alec darling, don't call me mom. You know how much I hate that. I'd rather you call me mother. Mom makes me feel like such a pauper." Alec squinted his eyes in anger.

I would like to pop you upside the head. He sighed again. 82. I really need to stop doing that.

He watched his mother cruise through the pages of the binder nodding appreciatively at almost every picture.

"This designer is absolutely fabulous. How did you find her?" He smiled, actual conversation.

"She found us. From what I heard she'd been trying to set up and appointment for months." He leaned in and added. "Bambi wouldn't let her call through."

Please read between the lines. Make dad fire her.

"Oh! Well I assume Bambi thought she was just tying to get to the Prescott heir." Alec felt like screaming. You would find an excuse for her even if she ate a baby sandwich. "Now this is gorgeous." She continued oblivious to his agitation. She pushed the binder back towards him and pointed to a picture. It was simple scene. He was trying to pick up on the details when the picture on the other page caught his eye. It was a bedroom scene. The colours were black and red predominately. On the bed was a black comforter, red satin sheets, and at the head of the bed were two red square pillows at each end and a long rectangular pillow with different shads of beige. Then for the finishing touch, the bed had a sheer black sheet hanging from the canopy. He was blown away; he hadn't checked this far when he was by himself. The room screamed of the designers' sensuality in a sophisticated way.

"Alec what do you think." His mother's voice snapped him out of his reverie. He was about to respond when he heard a loud squeal and hand clapping. This time he couldn't ignore it. He turned to locate the source of the noise and he felt his heart drop to the pit of his stomach. She was here at his restaurant. He ignored the fact that she was with that guy. It must be fate, he decided. He noticed she was wearing the same outfit as before and he felt a familiar stirring.

"Would you look at those two. They have absolutely no decorum." Her voice once again broke through, shaking him from his thoughts. He turned to face her trying to remain stoic fighting the smile that was threatening to envelope his face.

"So you really like the artists work, mother?"

"Yes." She said distractedly shifting her position to stare at the couple more intensely. "Dear Lord." She slapped her hand to her mouth. "Did you see what she was eating?" she didn't wait for his response. "An entire pie or something! And look at her outfit. How could she think to come here dressed like that?"

Alec rather like her outfit, he'd been thinking about it since she left his office. He'd been imagining her in it, her taking it off, and it strewn across the floor as they both found their release. Yes, he thought to himself, I think that I am in love with her outfit. He lifted his glass to take sips of his water.

"I think that this designer." She pointed to the binder. " Should give that girl lessons in style and sophistication." He nearly choked and started laughing a full rich laugh.

"What Alec? What is so funny about what I said?" Her voice was clipped and he could tell by the way she folded her hands together on the table she was getting angry. He picked up the binder and stoop up.

"Come on I have someone you should meet" He gestured for her to follow him. Maybe this will make you bite your tongue.

"This better be good Alec." She stood up gracefully. "People are going to stare."

Let them. He sighed again That's 83 sighs this entire dinner. He couldn't help the grating feeling he got ever dinner he had with his parents. They cared to much about appearance and not enough about people for him to want to around them. She stood by him and he grasped her elbow gently and led her towards the table with Kayla and that guy. He stopped a few feet away his mother casting him glances that said 'What are we doing over here.' He was about to speak when Kayla took a bite of her dessert. He shivered as he watcher her moan and close her eyes at the taste. His mind almost drifted off when a pinch to his side cleared his thoughts.

"Alec what are we doing here?" his mother hissed. HE didn't reply but went up to Kayla pulling her along. Kayla's heart lodged in her throat. It couldn't be him, it couldn't be her Alec. Okay where did that come from? I don't even know the guy.

"Alec," his mother admonished. On that louder call Kayla looked up and almost had a conniption. It was him. Good Lord he was tall. She swallowed roughly. She could tell from the face of the woman that she would rather not be near her. She smiled and wiggled her fingers at her and reveled in the anger that seemed to permeate from her. Ah Rich people.

"Here." Alec said placing the binder in front of her ignoring the look from that guy as he talked to her. "I believe we have a design."

"Why are you giving her the binder? Alec what is going on?"

He turned to his mother and smirked.

"Mother.. meet Kayla Watson. Kayla .. my mother Victoria Prescott." There choke on that.

Behind him Dylan was smiling and mouthing to Kayla. " You just met his mother ooh la la". She kicked him underneath the table and he let out a grunt of pain. Alec inwardly groaned he was hoping to avoid talking to that guy. He turned back to face both of them and threw a questioning look at Kayla and one at Dylan. It was Dylan's turn to kick her.

"Fu…n stuff… Alec and Mrs. Prescott, this is Dylan Montgomery." At the mention of Dylan's name Victoria Prescott's face turned a bit more animated.

"Montgomery you say?" Dylan shifted uncomfortably in his seat and sent Kayla a pleading look.

"Mr. Prescott. … er…Alec, Dylan is coming with me on Monday. He begged and I couldn't say no. Is that okay?"

"Uhm yeah that's fine." He mumbled he glanced at that guy who was smirking at Kayla. "Why do you want to come?"

"I just wanted to see where my girl is going to work at." He noted the downcast look Alec had when he said 'my girl'. "I've got to make sure she is well taken care of there. I'd hate to see her hurt."

Kayla smiled. What an overprotective ass. She loved him thought, she couldn't help it. And she hoped sometime soon he would meet a girl that would blow his mind out of the water. He was always taking care of her, and he deserved only the best.

God really does hate me. He watched the smile spread across Kayla's face at that guys' words. "Oh." Was the only response he made, and could make in fear of saying anymore he would just attack him.

The silence after was awkward and full of shifting. The only one who didn't seem to notice the tension was Mrs. Prescott who was staring at Dylan with such an intensity he seriously doubted that no good would come from her scrutinizing.

"That's it." She said smiling coyly startling all three of them out of their self musing. "You're the son of Priscilla and Dylan Montgomery."

Dylan's heart plummeted. He was hoping that years of hiding would erase him from high society's gaze. He wanted nothing to do with them. All he needed was Kayla and someone, preferably someone long legged and flexible, to warm his sheets. Kayla looked at him shifting her eyebrows in confusion. Mrs. Prescott continued on ignoring his obvious signs of discomfort.

"You did a terrible disservice to your parents filing for emancipation. It took them years to get back into the good graces of society. Oh darling it was the talk of the year. We all thought you had died the way you suddenly disappeared. Looks like you moved on to…" she cast a condescending look towards Kayla. "other things."

The entire monologue had Dylan wishing he was underneath a rock or struck by lightning. Even falling on a sword would have been better than being reminded of his parents. He'd been casting glances at Kayla who looked pissed off. He prayed she wouldn't hate him after this. He never wanted her to find out about it like this or at all for that matter. His anger over powering his discomfort at her lewd assumptions of Kayla. It wasn't just him, he noticed Alec fighting to remain calm.

"Victoria, let me assure you that I could give a rat's ass about how long it took them get back into society's good grace. Or how they even managed to survive without me. However, I would prefer if you kept your instigations about our life in your bubbly head. I'm not beneath telling you exactly what I think about people like you and where you should be heading if you're not already management there." He spat out. Kayla smiled at him tentatively and he relaxed a bit.

"Mother you may want to respect your designer, instead of treating her like garbage." Alec said between clenched teeth. He decided then that he would always refer to Dylan as Dylan. He couldn't hate him. Hell even felt like hugging him for his devotedness to the beauty sitting before them. He shifted awkwardly towards Kayla. "Will you still be coming in on Monday Ms. Watson?"

Please say yes. He chanted over and over again.

"Of course." She responded tiredly. She looked at Dylan questioningly. "Can we go home now?"

He nodded. "Sure sweet, we can leave." He stood and threw down some bills and picked up the dessert box, while Kayla pushed out of her seat and grabbed her binder. They said their good byes quick and headed towards the exit. Kayla grasped Dylan's hand giving him a firm squeeze hoping he was okay. He let her hand go and draped his arm around her shoulders drawing her in closer and leaned in to give her a brother peck on her temple, and they headed out the door.

Watching the exit, Alec couldn't take it any more. His control snapped. He wanted to know how anyone could be so callous.

"Why? Why would you do that?" he asked walking back angrily to their table. She followed along and watched as he grabbed his coat and threw some bill on the table harshly.

"Do what?" she asked feigning innocence. His jaw clenched.

"You should treat her.. I mean them with more respect. She'll be helping you with your renovations." She scoffed and waved her hand dismissively.

"Alec darling, you know I don't befriend the help." He growled in his throat and her eyes widened in surprise. "You can't possibly think I treated them less than their station." His mouth gaped. He'd heard this speech before and it always upset him. But this time it was directed towards someone who he wanted to mean more too, and it severed his last nerve.

"Their station mother?" he bit out " They are people like you and me." He was so upset he couldn't even think straight. "You know what I'll see you when I see you. Good bye mother."

He stalked away from the table as quickly as possible and headed for the nearest exit. When he reached his car and sank into the seat, he placed his head against the steering wheel and sighed. "And the count is up to 84." He mumbled placing the key in the ignition. He could only hope that on Monday that they would both be there. He owed them an apology.

Not to worry the next chapter will have more information about both Dylan's and Kayla's past. And NO they are not going to get together at all through this story…

12