Damn Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He opened her door and guided her out. The sounds of children's laughter assaulted her, along with the smell of stale vomit and something sweet. She could feel Alec behind her and she felt a slight tinge of nervousness.

"Want to take a guess?" Alec breathed across her ear, causing her to shiver. Kayla had to pause a bit before she could answer.

"Circus?"

"Nope, try again."

"Uhhh," she sniffed the air, "is that funnel cake?"

"Why, yes it is."

"So we are at....the circus?"

"You already guessed that," Alec replied, smiling at her, reveling in the fact that she couldn't see his perusal of her body.

"Yeah well, it was worth another shot."

Kayla reached up to remove the tie and gasped as his hands grasped hers and he pulled her flush up against his chest.

"Nu-uh, one more guess."

Down boy, he chanted, willing himself not to stir against her. Not yet anyway. He kept her hands in his, ever thankful that she didn't pull away and that she wanted to touch him as well.

Kayla's breath hitched as her back made contact with his chest. Oh dear Lord, was that a six-pack. She took a deep steadying breath. Does he really expect me to think like this? Cheater!

"I have an idea," she said after reveling in his heat. "Give me a clue."

"Nope." He laughed as she snarled slightly.

His laughter stopped suddenly as she wriggled against him slightly trying to bring their joined hands up to remove the tie. He swallowed back a curse and gave in. "Cotton candy."

"What?"

"Cotton candy."

"Cotton candy... funnel cake," Kayla muttered to herself over and over. "A carnival...or a fair."

Alec reluctantly released her hands and removed his tie. He held his breath as he waited for her response. He almost fell as Kayla grasped his hand and led him through the entrance.

"Come on, come on. There are way too many rides and snacks for us to be standing here," she said as she dragged him behind her. Not that he minded. Being behind her had multiple benefits.

Hours rolled past as they jumped in line for every ride. Alec was in heaven, even if it did smell a bit like vomit and sweets. He shifted uncomfortably on the bench as he watched Kayla lick the powdered sugar off of her fingers. Damn, do that to me.

"You're staring," Kayla stated, smiling shyly.

"Sorry, I was just noticing how you've managed to eat nothing but sweets." He cleared his throat as she lifted an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue. "And uhh... I figured you might want some real food."

Kayla cocked her head to the side. Alec shifted again as her eyes perused his face, as if searching for something. When she smiled, he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"So that's a yes?" he asked.

"Of course it's a yes," Kayla replied smirking, "free food is always a plus."

------

Dylan had checked with his lawyer and accountants. He had to make sure everything was perfect. No liabilities, no stipulations that would shake his funding. He was wasting hours. Hours he couldn't get back, and for what? He raged inside as he drove like a maniac, braking harshly and flipping off anyone who seemed to be remotely in his way. He finally slowed and pulled into a driveway and all the anger he barely managed to hold in flew out of his mouth.

"Goddamnit mother fucking bullshit!" He slammed his fist on the steering wheel.

He had just wasted hours speaking with his lawyer and his accountants. He smiled grimly as he pulled his car up to what he liked to refer to as hell on earth. He trudged up the steps, took a deep breath and knocked. The door swung open and Dylan looked into the startled face of an elderly man.

"Dylan?" the weathered voice asked, cracking slightly as he took in the image of the young man before him.

"Hey Jefferies," Dylan replied, smiling.

"What are you doing here? I thought I would never see you back."

"I've got an appointment. They called for a meeting that starts about," he paused to look at his watch, "fifteen minutes ago."

Jefferies wrinkled face seemed to droop a bit more.

"How did they find...." His statement was cut short as a commanding feminine voice rang out.

"Who is at the door, Jefferies? You're letting out the air, keeping it open like that."

Dylan's stance stiffened visibly and Jefferies cast him a sympathetic glance before answering.

"It's Mr. Montgomery Jr., here for the meeting."

"Well, let him in and make us some tea."

Dylan stepped inside and the door slammed closed behind him. This must be what the bars slamming closed at a jailhouse must feel like, he thought as he shook his hair out of his eyes.

The soft click of heels tapping against the wooden floor towards him gave him pause and he looked up. A woman was walking toward him with a smile that reminded him of the Joker, happy and insane, or was it happily insane? Dylan grimaced as she held out her arms in welcome.

"Nope, not happening," he spat at her and smiled as she dropped her arms in fake exasperation.

"Where are your manners, Fredrick?" The woman smirked, or smiled, he couldn't tell. She took steps forward but stalled as Dylan held up a hand.

"It's Dylan. And like I said, not happening. You don't get to touch me," he bit out.

Her face slid into the haughty stare that he spent years trying to forget. "Really, Dylan?"

"Of course, Priscilla." He chuckled as she scoffed.

"Come now, Dylan. Is that any way to speak to your mother?" It was her turn to smirk as she watched Dylan visibly shudder at the word.

"Yes... in fact, I think it is."

12