Damn The Fates: Merchant And Lizard Ch. 03

Story Info
Soldiers are catching up to the lovers.
976 words
4.33
19.8k
4

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 08/31/2017
Created 04/05/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
vic_elor
vic_elor
125 Followers

Illica had stayed with me for several days as the great storm rattled the town and damaged the forests. I was glad to have the two of us in a sturdy structure with plenty of food and firewood to sustain my lizard lover and I.

But that was a nearly a month ago and now it was no longer forces of nature I feared I needed to protect my lovely Illica from but something far more dangerous; The legions.

For the last few days warriors of the empire had came and left my temporary home of Meridia, speaking to locals, warning travelers and scouring the forest for an evil beast that was ordered captured or killed by the local governor of the region. I knew before they even showed me the sketch that they had to be talking about my Illica.

Fortunately the fates seemed to have smiled on our love lately and Illica was no longer in the forest for them to find her. I had convinced my lovely Illica to join me in town the night before the soldiers arrived and she had been hiding with me ever since. I could tell how nervous she was and how much she wanted to run from the 'bad' men (as she called them) but their patrols made that too risky.

Until now.

I had been on my way home when the soldiers tacked up their orders in the central market and alerted who ever they saw as to their plan. Tracks had been found leading towards the city the previous night, tracks of something large, clawed, and unnatural. It had been decided that the only likely explanation for the tracks had to be the monster they were searching for and that since it couldn't be found someone had to be hiding it. Effective at the following dawn if whom ever was hiding the creature hadn't turn it over to the authorities the soldiers would begin searching every building until they found what they wanted.

Most of my fellow merchants and citizens were terrified at the thought that someone might hide such a hideous creature. I, on the other hand, was confused as to the where the set of tracks had come from since I had carefully destroyed them after she had entered town. More importantly though I was concerned not that they wouldn't find Illica like the other people but that they would.

As the sun set and I returned to my temporary home for what I assumed might be the last time I stopped off at a local food vendor, purchasing enough food for a large meal for Illica and I to share before we made our escape. I was hardly prepared for what was waiting for me in the small apartment though.

As I opened the door a crack and slipped inside I could feel a pair of cold, scaly hands grab my shoulders and drag me into my own room, knocking both myself and my food onto the ground. Illica had never been so agitated before but as I looked up from the floor at my attacker I began to realize her size and shape and color were wrong; It was not Illica that had attacked me but another reptilian.

"RISSSRA OOOL!" Illica cried out stopping the violent snarling beast's claws only an inch from my face. My heart was beating faster then it had ever beat before and at the same time I felt ashamed that while Illica was slowly learning my language I still knew next to nothing of hers. I had no idea what she had said that had stopped my attacker or what they said afterwards.

By the time my pulse began to calm Illica had stepped in between myself and the attacker seemed to be having a rather lengthy conversation with her. "Yes," I thought to myself as I eyed over my attacker, "Yes it is a her I can tell that now. She is bigger then Illica as well and looks more weary or old. Still, I'd hardly stand a chance unarmed against her if Illica fails to calm her."

After some conversation Illica kneeled down next to me and with a smile helped me back to my feet. She looked at me perplexed, the same look she always gave me when she was confused or couldn't think of a word or phrase. Finally she seemed to have some idea what to tell me.

"Mother!" Illica said, pointing at the new reptilian.

"This is your mother?" I asked, pointing at the two of them. That would explain the size and age difference.

"Yes, Illica's mother." Illica said with a smile and a nod, "Sense Ooglanas and help Illica."

"Ooglanas?" I asked, completely unsure what that meant.

"Ooglanas." Illica replied with a happy smile.

"What are Ooglanas?" I asked more clearly this time. Illica seemed to need to think for a moment but the creature claiming to be her mother didn't seem confused at all. Pointing at her daughter she replied "Ooglana."

"Yes, mother... Ooglana" Illica repeated, pointing to the other woman when she said mother and herself when she said Ooglana.

"Child?" I asked.

"Yes, child... Ooglana."

"Ok, so she sensed you were in danger and came to help you?" I asked, pointing appropriately.

"No, not sense Illica sense Ooglanas." Illica replied softly, placing her hand over the lower portion of her stomach.

It took me another moment but finally I thought I knew what she meant.

"Mother..." I said, pointing at Illica this time, "Children?" I asked pointing at her belly.

"Yes. Sense children and come to help."

I quickly found a chair to sit in as I felt my knees become weak. I still didn't know how Illica's mother could have possibly known but apparently Illica was pregnant. I was going to be a father.

vic_elor
vic_elor
125 Followers