Dangerous Affairs Ch. 03

Story Info
"We're here to see Miss Grayson." Damien stated.
1.4k words
4.53
11.2k
3

Part 3 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 04/03/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cpm09
cpm09
26 Followers

Chapter Three

"We're here to see Miss Grayson." Damien stated. He and Brian had gone back to the Office of Citizens Complaints to meet Leigh. Damien was anxious to see those brilliant brown eyes, to hear her voice again. He hadn't had much sleep; he kept tossing and turning the whole night thinking about her. "This sort of thing isn't real. This feeling is just madness" He thought.

"I am sorry, but Miss Grayson called in sick today." Margaret, Leigh's secretary, said dismissively. Damien exchanged a knowing glance with Brian who stood just next to him.

"Thank you, we'll call back tomorrow." It was Brian's turn to speak.

Damien couldn't shake the uneasy feeling inside of him. Obviously she didn't want to talk to them, but he wondered if there was more to it.

"Let's check her home address." He said to Brian.

"Well, as a matter of fact, I've already got it" Brian said. Damien raised his eyebrow and stared at his partner.

"What? Actually, I'd thought that this would happen, so I checked it out this morning." Brian explained. "Besides, you've been rather distracted lately, with reason I must add." with a mischievous smile he got into the car.

Damien followed him. "I know, sorry about that. I don't know what's going on with me." Damian said ruefully. "Wait, what do you mean by 'with reason'?" Damien asked warily.

"You are so easy, man." Brian laughed, enjoying how funny he's partner looked at that moment; a picture of jealously. "I am not interested in the girl. Don't worry. You can quit the murderous thoughts you are having about me right now. She's gorgeous but I think she only has eyes for you." Brian reassured Damien who was gripping the steering wheel tightly as he stared at Brian.

"I don't know, Brian. She barely looked at me; this is just crazy. I can't stop thinking about her, and we've only seen each other twice in a span of two months. We hardly exchanged two words." Damien admitted.

"Well, let's change that. Come on, drive!" Brian said enthusiastically.

The drive was quick, it turned out that Leigh didn't live that far from the office. When they got there they noticed two cars in the driveway.

*********

The knock on the door didn't wake Leigh who was lying on the sofa, resting peacefully thanks to sedatives Lucy insisted she take. "Who is it?" Lucy asked warily, not wanting to open the door.

" Detective Howard and Crook from Internal Affairs, San Francisco Police Department ." Brian said a bit too loud, while Damien tried to peek through the window.

On cue, the door opened slightly. Brian stood looking at a tall blond woman who looked back at him suspiciously. "My, my Aren't you gorgeous, where do I know you from?"He wondered.

Damien looked at Lucy with a frown. "We would like to speak to Miss Grayson." He stood with his chin up, trying his best intimidating pose.

"I am sorry but she's not feeling very well, could you please return another day?"

"I am afraid not. Listen, it'll only take a minute." Damien lied, but something wasn't right, he could sense it.

"We really need to see her today." Brian emphasized; he noticed Damien was becoming agitated.

"Lucy, who is it?" Leigh had awoken and heard voices. She was walking to the front door when she became dizzy. Then there was a thud.

"Oh my God, Leigh!" Lucy hurried to her friend, leaving the door wide open; both men rushed inside. When Damien saw Leigh collapsed on the floor, he was alarmed.

He picked her up and Lucy led him to the living room where, he gently placed her on the sofa; then he saw the bruises and anger filled his body. He couldn't help it, seeing her so vulnerable was killing him.

"What the hell happened to her?"

"Damien, calm down!" Brian exclaimed.

Lucy had tears running down her face, everything had been so terrifying. When she's gotten a phone call from Leigh, who was crying hysterically, she into auto pilot mode. She just acted. She got to her friend's house only to find Leigh curled on the sofa sobbing. Thank God she had a spare key. She didn't think Leigh would have been able to open the door for her. The look on Leigh's face was of pure terror.

Lucy was sobbing now; Brian took her into his arms and tried to sooth her. She slowly calmed down and managed to tell them about the phone call and how she'd found Leigh lying on the sofa totally in shock. And then she started crying again.

"Come on, sweetheart, let's make some tea." Brian prompted Lucy to the kitchen, leaving Damien sitting on the coffee table staring at Leigh.

"How long are you planning to stare at me?" Leigh asked opening her eyes, giving him a small smile.

"Jesus!" he exclaimed feeling relief run through him. "How are you feeling?" It was said quietly and in such way she could feel his emotion in his voice. He was truly concerned.

"I am better; I think I got up too quickly." She shivered. He was leaning very close to her face. Carefully, Damien took a lose strand of hair off of her eyes. She gave a deep sigh. He noticed and smiled softly. Yes! She feels it too, he thought in awe.

"Leigh, what happened? Please, tell me...and don't lie." Damien tried very unsuccessfully to hide his anger. He wanted to rip apart the bastard who did this to her.

"I don't know."

Damien was ready to refute but she stopped him.

"It's true, but I have an idea who sent him here." She said.

"Here?" He almost shouted. Now he was really angry, she had been assaulted in her own home. Fuck! He was going to kill someone for this.

"I was at the door on my way to work. I was ready to lock it when I was pushed back inside. I never even saw his face." Quiet tears fell down her cheeks. He couldn't stand her pain.

"Honey, Did he...hurt you, I mean... did he...?" Damien clenched his fists trying to control himself.

Leigh could see his despair, his concern plastered all over his face. "No. He didn't, not like that...you know." She looked down, she couldn't face him. This was too much too fast. Damien let out a deep breath. "Thank God."Relief was etched on his face.

"Have you reported this, Miss Grayson?" It was Brian who asked as he came into the room followed by Lucy who looked quite flushed. "Leigh! Oh honey, how are you feeling"?" Lucy cut in, happy to see her friend conscious.

"Okay, I guess." Leigh answered.

While looking at Brian Lucy replied, "there is no point" and she turned her gaze back to Damien, who had his eyes fixed on Leigh. She shrugged and, he nodded in acknowledgment.

"So, did he say anything to you?" Brian asked. As Leigh started to tell them everything, she noticed Damien's face contort in fury. Their eyes locked. She held a breath. He let his out.

"He told me to back off." Both men looked confused, then she added "I've been doing my own investigation..." Leigh looked down suddenly feeling shy.

Damien was annoyed, but he thought it would be better to discuss her investigative attempt later when she would be feeling better enough to hear his scold.

"You can't stay here alone. It's not safe." Damien stated, and Brian agreed. Lucy was about to say something when Leigh interrupted her. "I am not leaving my home."

"God, She is stubborn." It was his first thought as he looked upon her. Then Damien said, "At least agree in getting protection, we can arrange it for you."

"No, thank you." She replied snappily. She wasn't going to let Michael see how terrified she was.

"Leigh, you don't have to do this alone. We can help." Brian offered. She shook her head. Damien was getting even more worried then he reached for her hand holding it tight.

"Please..we can figure something out, let us help."

Maybe she didn't have to go through this alone anymore. She nodded. "Okay"

"Good. Now, since you are feeling a bit better tell us what you know about Detective Michael Tempton and your relationship with him." Brian stepped in not wanting to waste anymore time.

cpm09
cpm09
26 Followers