Dangerous Affairs Ch. 09

Story Info
Michael had been close to telling her everything before...
4.9k words
4.73
10.4k
2

Part 9 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 04/03/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cpm09
cpm09
26 Followers

Chapter 9

Michael had been close to telling her everything so many times before. Every rejection from her had triggered in him the desire to see her vulnerable, broken. She had always treated him with disregard and had never even given him a second thought. But he knew it was only because of her father, William. He had been the one to poison her mind against him; he knew that she truly loved him.

So, he did what needed to be done to ensure that Leigh was free to be his. It hadn't been difficult to finally make up his mind. William had planned to expose him and send her away. Leigh was Michael's. He had always known that, and now she would as well.

She wanted proof of his love? Then she would get it. He was going to give her in graphic detail how he'd executed his plan. When he was finished, she would be completely numb and then he intended to bend her to his will. She would have no other choice then to accept that she could never deny him again.

"Tell me why you wanted my father dead, Michael." Leigh tried once again.

Michael studied her face carefully, but Leigh was so emotionally drained. Her face, which was pale and expressionless, revealed nothing.

"William never understood my reasons to be involved with Visconti; I did it for you. From the moment I first saw you, I knew I had to have you." Michael looked at her straight into her eyes.

"I was just a child." Leigh murmured in disgust. Michael either heard what she said or he'd read her thoughts. "I saw beyond that, sweetheart."

She cringed at the endearment used. She didn't want him tainting the lovely feeling Damien evoked every time he used the same word. Leigh closed her eyes briefly and swallowed hard.

"William was a fool, just like my father was. Visconti offered me the chance to have everything I wanted, and with time I would have you too, my love."

It took all the strength in her not to slap his repugnant face. This was a crucial moment and she would be damned if she messed it up.

"Visconti used me, just as I used him to build all I have today. Now, we can finally be together, no one will ever come between us again."

"Michael...there was never anything between us. What are you saying?" Leigh was getting more frustrated as the minutes passed.

"William had to die, love. He made it clear I was never to come near you ever again." He tilted his head and cupped her face.

Leigh was too numb to retract. She just stared at him, tears slowly falling.

"It was worth the trouble I got with Visconti. He hadn't approved of me using his men without his consent, but he had let me off. After all, your father was going to give the evidence he had to the FBI."

"Take your filthy hands off me." Leigh said calmly in a low, no nonsense voice as she looked straight into his eyes.

***********

"He's still in the house with her." Gino said. "What about the Feds?"

"There are three now just outside, and more nearby. What should I do?" Gino had been itching to put his hands on Michael.

Salvatore hung up the phone and sighed pensively. He had known for a long time about Michael's side dealings. A man in a position like his, had to know everything that involved his name. Salvatore had been aware of the small fortune Michael had built for himself by using Salvatore's name, resources as well as stealing his goods. He wanted Detective Tempton alive, so he could have the pleasure of killing him. Michael would pay for his betrayal; painfully.

"Stay put and keep me informed of the developments; if he leaves the house alive it won't be for long." Salvatore instructed.

***********

Damien was growing even more restless, if that was possible. To say that he was ready to kick the door down was an understatement. He had briefly weighed his chances of busting it open and still being able to stand fit to face Michael. That thought had been dismissed as quickly as it passed through his mind. The door was made of solid oak.

He concluded that they had to go with plan B, whichever that was.

Just as he turned to Agent Scott and Agent Nelson, who had just joined them to confabulate about a plan of action, they heard the faint noise of the doorknob being turned slowly.

Fuck!

Damien's senses immediately went on high alert and his body stiffened, preparing itself for a possible confrontation.

All three men quickly eyed one another in acknowledgment and, as swiftly and quietly as possible, each took their positions to cover themselves the best they could. Damien double checked the gun in his hand; fully loaded and ready as he was.

If someone ever asked him what he was feeling at that very moment, he wouldn't have been able to tell them. Tension and apprehension were obviously in the equation, but beyond that his emotions were all mashed together. He couldn't afford being unfocused right now and he would not think of Leigh and the possibility of her being part of a conflict in which loaded guns were involved. No, he would not.

Agent Scott was crouched behind one of the pillars that ostentatiously supported the front porch. Agent Nelson, who didn't seem to be one bit stressed, stood slightly bent behind the other.

Damien felt like the slow kid playing hide and seek; having nowhere good left to hide, he picked the one where he would be obviously noticed. He knelt next to the door, waiting to aim his gun on whoever's head appeared first, provided it wasn't Leigh's, naturally.

The door was now slightly open but no one had come out. After a brief moment deliberating what to do, Damien took his chances and pushed open the door a little more with his right foot, but something was stopping it from opening wider. He cautiously peeked inside and his gaze darted lower.

"Son of a bitch!" Damien murmured in relief. Agent Johnson, barely conscious, sat against the door on the floor with his hand still gripping the doorknob.

Signalling the other two agents to approach, Damien crouched and, as low as he could, he spoke to Darryl.

"Where is she?"

"He took her to another room..." Darryl managed to say. "Sorry." He added.

Damien nodded and in a reassuring gesture, he patted Darryl's shoulder. Then Agent Scott and Nelson helped Darryl out of the house where one of the other Agents had informed them that Michael had indeed confessed his involvement with Visconti.

Darryl might have been down temporarily, and any chances of recording a possible confession from Michael would have been scrapped if it hadn't been for the fact that Leigh had also been wearing a wire.

Meanwhile, the other Agents had already positioned themselves around the property. Damien didn't waste any more time and began creeping into the house with only one objective in his mind; he would get Leigh out safe, no matter what.

************ "Take your filthy hands off me. Now!" Leigh said again when his grip on her arm became tighter.

"No, it is time you understand you are here with me, for good. I told you, you are mine." Michael growled and forcefully, with his other hand, grabbed her neck, bringing her face closer to his.

"No!" Leigh tried to shout but his mouth covered hers. She was fighting him off frantically, tears of anger and horror of what might happen, started to fall down her cheeks.

She tried to shove him away but her attempts were useless against his sick determination to have her body. He was savaging her mouth, groping her anywhere he could.

Suddenly, he'd stopped and a brief sense of relief washed through her body, but then she noticed where his gaze was. Her blouse was ripped wide open, revealing her heaving breasts, barely covered by a lacy bra and the wire. Shit! During her despair to get away from his hold, Leigh had completely forgotten about it.

The look of utter fury in his face gave her cold shivers that spread right through her soul. She braced herself for the blow before it came.

"You sly bitch!" Michael yelled as he slapped her furiously, wanting nothing more then to make her pay for the betrayal.

"Damien!" Leigh screamed.

But as soon as he did it, he realized he could not kill her. He needed her to be his guarantee out of the house alive, because he was without a doubt certain that the house had been surrounded by the feds.

As soon as that realization hit him, he turned around, placing Leigh in front of him as a shield. Right there determined like never before, stood Damien, facing them with his gun aimed at Michael's head.

"Let her go. Now!" Damien said refusing to look at Leigh in the eyes. He had heard her screams and that nearly killed him. As he ran along the hall, trying to figure out in which room they were, his heart had stopped a dozen times.

Suddenly, behind him appeared Agent Scott and Nelson, both men joining him in his intentions of securing Leigh, but Michael wasn't bulging. His eyes filled with rage, showing no intentions of freeing Leigh, who remained rigid in his arms in a complete cataleptic state.

Then, the click of the trigger and the comprehension of what was about to happen, snapped her out of her trance.

No!

*************   They say, when facing death, people usually see their entire lives flash before their eyes. If it was so, Leigh had just missed hers entirely. The only thing she saw was the look of despair etched on Damien's face.

"Don't!" Damien's scream echoed in her thoughts. His gun aimed at Michael's head, and not one single tremor in his hand. Despite his utmost fear of what might happen to his love, Damien maintained his focus on Michael's every breath. Damien intended to act promptly at any sign of Michael pulling the trigger.

Leigh could feel the cold barrel of the gun pressing under her chin. Her body shivered and her eyes glistened with unshed tears. It was just too damn hard to believe that her life would end like this; at the hands of the man she despised the most.

"Michael, just let her go." Agent Scott said calmly.

Michael tightened his grip on her arm and pressed the gun even harder against her skin. Leigh whimpered and held her breath. There was nothing she could do but pray.

Michael's eyes showed nothing but loathing and were glued on the agents in front of him. He was cornered with only two options available−give in or die.

"Why should I? I have nothing to lose, but I will take what is mine down with me." Michael said impassively; his words stabbing Damien right in the heart.

Damien wouldn't look at her, he couldn't. If he did, he would lose his mind completely. He was on the verge of shooting the bastard just for having touched her. Her ripped blouse exposing her chest and her bruised face were the proof of Michael's brutality and that he was quite capable of following his threats.

"We can talk about it, Michael. Perhaps, discuss alternatives to your fate?" Agent Scott suggestion did not sit well with Damien, but his only reaction was to tilt his head slightly towards Agent Scott. However, Damien knew that this was a crucial moment of negotiation. He would have to deal later, after seeing Leigh safe and sound, with whatever Agent Scott promised Michael. One thing Damien knew for certain, somehow Michael would pay for every grief he had ever caused Leigh.

Michael stared at Agent Scott expectantly. "I am listening." He said flatly.

"I am sure there are things about Visconti you could tell us that would come to be beneficial," said Agent Scott.

Michael was quite for a long torturous moment, trying to consider all that had been said. The biggest problem for him was the fact that he would have to let Leigh go, which was something he knew he couldn't do. But who said he would have to do it at all? He could make the feds believe he didn't want her, but would Damien buy it?

Michael pondered his options and decided that his revenge could wait. He also knew that Salvatore would not take lightly Michael's betrayal; his time was up.

"Very well. I will go with you." But before he let go his aim at Leigh, Michael stared at Damien and smirked. He brought the hand that was gripping Leigh's arm up to her face, turning it to him. He gave her cheek a long lick and roughly kissed her lips. He did it all with his eyes focused on Damien's.

"Mother fucker!" Damien shouted as he made a move to attack, but a tight grip on his shoulder reminded him that attacking would've been just plain stupid.

Michael seemed amused by Damien's reaction and a rush of satisfaction washed over him. It's not over, Detective.

Without care, Michael shoved Leigh aside and threw his hands up. He was immediately restrained and his gun was seized. Through it all, he watched intently as Damien caught Leigh in his arms, shielding her from others' view.

Damien never felt such relief in his life. He held her tightly, giving her the reassurance he needed, but if he had to admit he also needed the comfort of her skin, her warmth. Right there he mentally vowed to never let her go.

"I am here, sweetheart. You'll be fine." Damien whispered repeatedly as Leigh cried quietly.

**********

After speaking to David Hayes, Michael's ex partner, Brian endured the tiring task of gathering all the evidence and passing it on to the D.A. Afterwards, he had gone to his place where he had waited with Lucy for news from Damien. When they got the phone call from Damien, informing them that Leigh was safe, both Brian and Lucy breathed a sigh of relief.

It had been a long night and they were all exhausted. Damien and Leigh had met up with Brian and Lucy at the station and updated them on the events. Brian hadn't been very happy about missing the action, and most importantly, not being able to be there for his partner.

Michael had been taken into custody and Damien and Brian had been told the case was now out of their hands. Both Detectives argued with Captain Harrison, but there was nothing they could do about it, Michael was now a matter for the FBI.

They'd decided to take the women back to Leigh's for a well deserved rest. After taking a shower Leigh dumped her ripped clothes in the trash; she didn't want ever to see them again, that would be a reminder that Michael had his filthy hands on her.

Later, they all gathered in the living room discussing the events of the day. Damien didn't particularly want to be reminded of it because he felt sick every time he remembered the gun pointed at Leigh.

"So, what happens now?" Lucy asked as she placed her cup of tea on the coffee table. Leigh sat next to her friend but her attention was directed to Damien.

"Well, even if he cuts a deal with the feds he's still serving time," Brian said.

"But I doubt he will make it," Damien added. "Why do you say that?" Leigh asked.

"Because Salvatore will make sure of it; Michael won't live long enough to testify." Brian explained.

********

The group ended up talking most of the night. Before they knew it, it was early in the morning and Leigh was exhausted. Brian and Lucy left together with a promise of checking in on her later that day.

Once Leigh had a moment to herself, she moved to the kitchen where Damien found her facing the sink. Ten excruciating minutes and Damien couldn't stand her withdrawn any longer. He approached her quietly, standing right behind her; his arms enveloping her in an attempt to sooth her worries.

She shivered but did not move away, in fact she welcomed him. Leigh slowly turned around to face him. Her arms wrapped around him.

Neither one said a word for a few minutes.

It was Damien who broke the silence. "Leigh...I don't think my heart could take another scare like that."

Leigh responded by clutching tightly to him. Damien exhaled deeply. "Seeing that gun on you...God Leigh, it nearly stopped my heart."

She nodded only. After a quiet moment, she murmured. "Will you stay with me today?" She buried her face in his chest. Leigh breathed in deeply, trying to inhale his comforting scent; her fingers digging tightly into his flesh. She craved his reassuring touch.

How could he deny her? How could he deny himself? Even if she hadn't asked, he would still have stayed. He needed her as much as he needed to breath.

"There is no force strong enough to make me leave you tonight." Damien cupped her face in his hands and looked deep in her eyes. "I love you, Leigh." And then he kissed her. It wasn't an urgent kiss; no, he kissed her tenderly. After the day's event he knew the last thing she needed was to feel rushed, pressured. She needed to be enveloped in gentleness and love.

Silently, Damien coaxed her to the bedroom. They didn't speak. They didn't need to. Their eyes, their touch expressed all the unspoken feelings.

********

It had been raining for a few hours. Even though the curtains were open, the dark clouds in the sky hid the daylight, leaving the bedroom dim. The slight chill in the air made it almost impossible to leave the warmth of the bed, the warmth of Damien's body.

She was spent; her body ached everywhere but the satisfied feeling was undeniable. Oh God, I love him so much!

He had made love to her slowly and gently; he'd wanted to prolong the blissful pleasure of having her body wrapped around him. Her soft cries drove him mad with passion. He just couldn't get enough of her.

Damien snuggled against Leigh's back, his arm over her waist, his fingers tracing invisible designs on her skin.

She shuddered slightly with contentment. "Are you cold?" He asked concerned as he pulled the covers over their naked bodies.

"No, I am just fine." She turned awkwardly to face him, seeking his mouth. Damien pressed his lips to hers as his hand brought her body even closer in a tight embrace. "But I am hungry! I can cook..." she quickly checked the clock on the nightstand " ...lunch." She finished speaking with a wide smile. It just about made his heart melt.

"Sounds great!" Damien said giving her a peck on the cheek. I am a goner! He grinned to himself.

**********

They spent the next few days learning more about each other's body and mind. Damien had only left Leigh for awhile, one morning, when he had to go meet Brian to wrap up the final details of the case with the D.A.

He'd been anxious to tell Leigh the news. Michael had been hit with a load full of charges, including, two murders, conspiracy to commit murder, obstruction of Justice, assault, kidnapping, as well as money laundering, witness tampering and witness retaliation.

Agent Johnson, in a private conversation with Damien, told him that after the collaboration of David Hayes, federal prosecutors were planning on filing new court documents asking permission to introduce evidence of a number of uncharged crimes they claimed Michael had played a role in.

It was an attempt to persuade Michael to testify against Salvatore Visconti. The FBI was eager to finally charge and put Visconti where he belonged. Needless to say, Michael hadn't wasted a second agreeing to a deal that would still put him behind bars, but with reduced sentence.

Michael was going to send Salvatore Visconti into a deep hole.

Agent Johnson also told him and Brian that Agent Scott got reprimanded for using Leigh; apparently he had an old issue with Visconti he had been dying to settle.

"So, does it mean he's going to be locked away?" Leigh asked as she entered the living room with two mugs of coffee.

"Yes, not as long as we would've wanted, but yes, he will spend a long, long time in prison." Damien told her as he took her hands, bringing them to his lips as he pulled her to sit next to him on the sofa.

"Where is he now?" She asked casually.

Shit! That was the part he was dreading telling her. Damien knew she wanted specific details of his whereabouts. He squeezed her hands in a reassuring gesture. "He is in a safe house for witnesses." To say Damien had been angry when Brian told him would be an understatement. Brian hadn't been happy either, but the decision was beyond them.

cpm09
cpm09
26 Followers
12