Dani and the Bull Ch. 10

Story Info
The journey home for Bull and Jack.
5.2k words
4.72
13.6k
7
0

Part 10 of the 16 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/23/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: Sorry it's taken me a while to get this story up, been some events in my life that have distracted me. One of them was learning that someone has taken some of my stories and put them on another site without my permission.

Now I have met some slime balls in my life, but to take some one elses hard work and basically try to pass it off as their own is about the lowest a person can go in my opinion, and if i could catch the person doing it, well lets just say they would not like the consequences.

Which is why i am writing this, i want you all to know that if you come across any of my stories on any other site, i did not put them there. Literotica was and is the only site on the web that i have or ever will post my stories.

And a word to the jerk who did post those stories. I can fill a whole page with the names i would love to call you, but you're not worth the time or the trouble.

Enough of that

Peace

Darkstone57

*

Dani laid the bouquet of Lilies on the freshly covered grave and looked back at her dad as she moved to stand by Bull. She had been to funerals before but never one for a body that had been dead, buried once, then dug back up and moved to another part of the graveyard. Still she had no reason to doubt her father or his story and if the mystery of The Lady in Red had indeed been solved, then she deserved to be buried by her lover and their son. She felt Bull put his around her shoulders and looked up to see him smiling.

With the exception of Jericho and Marie, the whole family was here today; Mike and Kate had come back north and would be leaving with them as soon as the service was over. The only ones not going to New Orleans were Tom and Zach who would be staying to look after the house, and the shop. Not to mention the two women in their lives. There had been no sign or word about Nick or Jessie for over a month, but no one was letting their guard down. Least of all her or Bull.

Sue's father was performing the service and he spoke softly and reverently of the woman that most would have turned their backs on even in this day and age. Sue and Annie both had single white lilies as did Kate and at the right time laid them on the ground as well. Half the town had turned out once it was announced that the identity of the town's most notorious citizen had been identified, and Dani was sure most of the old ladies and men who might have known her in life had come just to see what happened. There hadn't been many left, but it seemed a nice touch.

The tombstone her dad had picked out had been plain and simple but dignified and the lettering had been done in calligraphy. "Lily Lazarus, beloved mother and sister. Rest in Peace."

As they reached the parking area, Tom Sheridan stepped up to intercept them. "And a local legend is laid to rest, good of you to do it Jack."

Her dad shrugged. "She was my dad's sister; I couldn't let her lie in some unmarked grave Tom, how you doing these days?"

"Been busy, all this business with the Jensen house and all, but today I am here to talk to Bull, been meaning to do it sooner, but haven't had a chance." He took a card from his pocket. "This is the name of a man down in Augusta. He wants you to get in touch with him as soon as you can, seems he thinks you might have a false imprisonment suit you might want to file with the state of Georgia. I did that checking I told you I was going to do. Talked to a man in Atlanta who told me they're going through a bunch of the cases from that county. There's a good chance your conviction could be over turned."

Bull looked doubtful. "How so, I pleaded guilty..."

"True, but the man who defended you was running for the local District Attorney seat not a year later, and it turned out that both the hooker and the pimp had prior convictions for blackmail and other similar crimes in another state. There are rumors they paid off your attorney and maybe even the local police to keep them from checking them out too close. Call the man in Augusta, talk to him. Then decide what to do."

Dani saw the doubt in Bulls eyes and reached over to take the card. "We will do that Sheriff, and thank you. Now, we need to get on the road. You've got the number of my grandma in New Orleans if anything comes up..."

The sheriff nodded. "That I do Dani. I've got extra patrols out, keeping an eye out for Nick and Jessie and the state police have issued warrants for them nationwide. You all just take care and come back in one piece." He grinned at Jack as they shook hands. "That goes for you too, you old asshole, I've gotten used to having you around, need someone to keep me on my toes."

"We'll be back in a couple weeks, just need to go home and check on my mom and aunt, been a long time since I was home."

Once in the truck, Dani glanced at Bull. "Are you sure you're ready for this. I know what your grandma told you and all, but we can just go to New Orleans and hide out there if you want."

He shook his head. "No, I need to go home Dani, and we need to get you into the family. Momma and everyone would kill me if I was that close and not come visit."

She followed her dad and mom out of town toward the highway and felt Rose settle down on the seat between them. "They aren't going to start asking when you're going to marry me or anything like that are you? I know from the way Grandma was talking it will be the first thing her and Aunt Jessie hit you with when we get to their house."

Reaching over, he put her hand on her belly. "And I will tell them the same thing I told momma and dad. I will marry you as soon as you tell me yes."

Dani smiled, "which will be as soon as you get around to asking me, but since neither of us are in any hurry, then it will be when it will be."

It was true; neither of them was ready to make that commitment just yet. For one she was still getting used to being pregnant, and then there was the matter of Nick and Jessie being free. She had the feeling that this was all the calm before the storm and when the storm hit, they would need to survive it. Her family was gradually accepting the power of their demons and she had learned to take hers to the same level as Bull. She had been able to touch both Kate and Mike in California but she still had trouble trying to find Jericho and Marie. When she did, it was like they had some kind of shield around them. Sue and Annie were easy so were her brothers Tom, Zach, and Dave. It was easy to find Bull's family, and both Kate's father and grandfather were open to her as well. Her mother's side was hard; all their demons seemed to be in some kind of sleep mode. Maybe it was the idea that they were all content with their lives and had no reason to worry about such things.

"Get some rest Bull, you're driving a while before we stop for the night...and you were up way before I was."

He grinned as he shifted in the seat. "In more ways than one, but you're right, I need to grab an hour or two of shut eye. Your dad has been a slave driver this past week, between catching up all the work at the shop, putting this, his bike and Mike's RV in for total checks it's been almost non-stop. Wake me up if you start getting sleepy or just need to talk."

She would, but right now she felt fine. It felt good to be on the road, going somewhere doing something besides the usual things back in Elton. The back of the truck was packed with sleeping bags, tents and other camping gear as well as Bull's motorcycle and luggage. She had wondered about the motorcycle but then Bull had explained.

"That old thing and I have been together since I was nineteen. I worked a summer for a farmer to pay it and my room and board off. I just want to give it a decent funeral."

She had nodded and helped him load it with full understanding. It still made no sense why Nick or Jessie had done such wanton damage around the place, not to mention what had been done to Sue's and Annie's. Oh, she knew what her mom had told her and all, but it felt like this went beyond simple revenge. It was more like Nick had exploded inside somewhere and he was taking his hatred of the entire world out on them. Once or twice she had felt like he was trying to touch her demon, but she had been able to resist his touch, and a blast of anger had been returned. Oh yes, he was filled with an unnatural rage and anger and it made her wish her dad had never been friends with him.

To distract her mind, she turned on the stereo and found a CD that held music she had recorded herself. Nothing too hard, just some songs she liked and a singer came on about wanting to learn what love was. She smiled as she knew that she now knew, that Bull had been her teacher and she loved him madly in return for giving her such a wonderful gift. She let herself give him a quick glance and saw he was asleep. Good, he needed his rest.

Considering how late they had started and the leisurely pace, when they reached the campground on the east side of the Snake River, everyone was ready to stop. It was still light enough to set up the tents, and Bull went with her dad to find a burger joint in the truck. By the time they got back she was ready for dinner and bed. Her mom and dad appeared as eager, but she wondered if it was the idea of being on camping trip and headed south or the fact that neither of them had ridden the Harley this far in a very long time. She had noticed as soon as they parked that both of them had moved a bit slower getting off then they had getting on.

As for her, she just felt tired and ready for a good sleep. Bull was the same way and it wasn't long after dark when they snuggled down in the sleeping bags and drifted off to sleep. Rose had her usual spot, at their feet in her own little bed, and no one in the camp was aware of how her fur bristled and she gave out a low growl once all was still and quiet around them.

Rose wasn't the only animal around the campground that reacted to the truck that cruised through in the middle of the night. All four of the puppies reacted in their own way and it was transmitted to several other dogs in camps near them. When the truck showed signs of stopping a huge German Shepherd not far away did what he had been trained for, and the barking was enough to start every other animal barking and soon the entire campground was awaken by people checking outside the tents and RV's to see what had stirred the animals. Only a ranger was aware that the truck that sped out had been one who had gone in earlier looking for a place to park. He hadn't been able to get a license number or the name of the two men in it. He was careful to note the description and the manner of the disturbance in his daily report.

Dani noted that when the barking woke her, she was feeling nauseated and the familiar sick feeling that she had when the Jensen's were around. A ribbon of cold surrounded her and she sighed as Bull pulled her close and they drifted back off to sleep.

Bull listened as the ranger talked to Jack and Mike about the disturbance last night. It was still early morning and the walk had been mainly to get stiff muscles working after yesterday. Jack especially had admitted he was sore and stiff in all the places he shouldn't be and not in those he should. "Gotten out of shape for a long distance ride, give me a couple days and I'll be back to normal."

Now the ranger was talking about the late night visitor. "Didn't get a license number, all I know for sure is it roared out of that area like a bat out of hell and headed out of here. We've had some vandalism and a few thefts in the past, which is one reason we allow dogs here. Probably some kids or something, up to no good and those dogs barking scared hell out of them."

Bull wondered it was that simple. Dani had been shivering when she snuggled back down beside him, and it hadn't been that cold last night. Rose had even come and snuggled down beside then for a while as if sensing something. When they got back to the camp, the others were beginning to stir and Dani ran by him with a smile as she headed for the bathroom. He followed behind her and waited until she appeared.

She gave him a sick looking smile as he pulled her close once they were walking back. "Morning..."

"You okay darlin'? You look pretty pale."

"I'd say it was morning sickness if I was farther along. But that doesn't start this early. I'm not what, two maybe three weeks, four at the most, been so much going on that all the days have been blurring together. I'm not even sure what day of the week it is."

"We met about six weeks ago Dani, so you're at least five weeks along, not two or three. Summer's going by fast, not sure I like that. Been too much happening all at once..."

Dani stopped and looked at him. "What's wrong Bull?"

He didn't want to worry her, maybe he was wrong, but if his gut was telling him the truth it was better to be proven wrong than to not be prepared. It was bad enough there had been no word about the Jensen's since the night they had demolished town. "Dani, does Nick know about Jack's family down in New Orleans?"

"Sure, everyone knows about grandma and...Bull you don't think..." She paled under her tan.

"Something spooked those dogs last night and I'm not so sure it was vandals or petty thieves. And you were shivering pretty badly when you snuggled down to go back to sleep, it had to have been 90 degrees outside the tent last night." He flipped open the cell phone that Jack had insisted everyone carry this trip. "Who all lives with your grandma and aunt?"

"A few servants, most of them have been there for years."

"So no one who could hold off Nick or Jessie right?"

Dani paled. "Bull ..."

His mom answered on the first ring. "Thought you might be calling today, what you need son?"

"Mom, is granny up and moving this morning?"

"Oh course I am," Granny Maylene shouted into the phone, "What you need?"

"Dani's grandma Claire and her aunt...can you feel anything near them?"

"Give me a minute...I'll check." A few moments later she came on back. "Not at the moment, but I'll keep checking. You think those crazy men come down and try to hurt those two sweet old ladies?"

"It's possible...I could be wrong..."

"No, I don't think you are. I'll tell your momma and daddy, we'll be making a trip to town, been meaning to since we all connected now, you relax, we'll look after them..."

"Thanks granny, love you and hug momma for me." He looked at Dani as he hung up. "My folks are going to go see them, granny says she doesn't think anything is happening, but she'll keep her eyes out."

"We better talk to dad."

He nodded. "Yeah, I think you're right..."

Jack agreed with Bull. "I didn't think about them going to New Orleans, but it wouldn't surprise me, I'll call momma before we leave and tell her to expect your folks Bull. I think I need to call uncle JoJo. He'll keep an eye on things too."

Dani tried to remember who uncle JoJo was. "Daddy, isn't uncle JoJo aunt Jessie's brother?"

"Yup, meanest old fucker in the South, gave me my first drink of Jack Daniels, my first ride on a Harley, got me my first piece of ass, and got me in the marines." Jack smiled. "Damn I loved that old man..."

Helen rolled her eyes. "And men hide your women, I remember the first time he met me, I had bruises from all the pinches he gave me on the ass before I turned around and gave him a black eye. Damn dirty minded old fart..."

Bull laughed as she jumped when Jack reached over and pinched his wife's ass. "But Honey, that was just uncle JoJo's way of saying he liked you."

"I would have preferred he not like me..."

When they were packed up to leave, Dani threw him the keys, and gathered up Rose. "You drive first shift today, I'll play shotgun. And Rose will be our fearless guard dog..."

"Won't be long before she'll be the right size, hard to believe she's getting so big so fast..."

"It's that food Dave got for her. All the pups are growing like weeds. Going to need to get her a collar pretty soon..." Dani nuzzled the puppy's fur. "What you think, pink with diamonds or black leather with spikes?"

He chuckled. "Rose is like you, not the pink diamond type, definitely the black leather and spikes. Though I must admit I like the frilly stuff you and the girls picked up on your trip to Portland. Even your dad was looking at you as if asking what happened to his daughter."

"I just needed to update my clothes, I can't help it that the store was having a big sale and I was able to get all those things so cheap, and you don't seem to mind."

"Oh hell no, all those little skirts that show off your legs and ass so well, no wonder I been walking around with a hard dick every day since. Good thing you just packed them to bring along and not wear on this trip. We would never get where we're going otherwise."

"Hmm, maybe we can talk mom and dad into stopping early tonight, have some private time..."

"Only if we gag each other, don't think the other folks in the campgrounds would like their kids hearing us moaning and groaning and yelling out like we do. Not that I mind..."

Dani lit a cigarette. "Hey, so we're a little vocal, fuck them if they can't take a joke, but you're right about the kids hearing stuff like that. Damn it Bull, I can't help it if you make me all crazy when we make love, and you just push all the right buttons..."

He nodded. "And face it; you never thought you were going to meet anyone like me did you."

"No, but I'll tell you what, even Sue admitted that she has never seen me so content and happy in my life since we been together. She still feels like a fool for acting the way she did the night you two met, said if she had bothered to talk to you instead of coming on like a bitch in heat, none of it would have happened. Though she does blame you for making her brain go all crazy, said that kiss you gave her was like an orgasm all by its self. I told her I understand completely. I am glad she and Tom are doing so good, even her dad likes him which surprises hell out of me, but I guess it works. You on the other hand, he considers some demon from hell sent by Satan to destroy all of us, what the hell did you do that man?"

Bull chuckled. "Not a damn thing sweetheart, but the night me and Zach took Annie and Sue out, I just took her home and he came out looking like a demon himself. I was waiting for the fire and brimstone to start when he was telling me to stay away from her and when I could finally get a word in edgeways, I just told him it wasn't his daughter I was there for. I guess it was a good thing I was sitting down, if he had seen me standing up, I bet he would have upgraded me to being Satan himself."

Dani nodded. "No doubt, that man is strange. I mean he is a good man and all, but something about him just creeps me out at times. You get this feeling he's going to start preaching if you just say the wrong word."

"He reminds me of a preacher we had while I was in jail, big old guy who was like the main preacher in the area. Talk about fire and brimstone. He used to scare some of the hardest men I have ever seen in my life. One Sunday he got to preaching and by the time he was done, he had this one con, a huge black guy who had killed eight or nine people while he was high on meth literally in tears with all his talk about hell and how the evil in him was so thick, it was all the preacher could do to keep from gagging on it. Actually the guy wasn't as bad as he seemed. He had just found the wrong kind of drug to use. Swore if he ever got out of prison he was going to move to the hills, plant some pot and spend the rest of his life just smoking the weed, and making love to his women..."

"His women...?"

"Dani, when visitor's day came, he had half the visitor's area filled with his wife, at least ten or fifteen girlfriends, lady friends and occasional lovers, not to mention all their kids, every damn one of which looked just like him. And let me tell you, when he appeared, every one of them were waiting patiently while he hugged and kissed, and petted all the ones who had gotten there before they had. Those women loved that man, and they didn't care how many others there were as long as they got their share of his attention."

12