Dare Me Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Stephanie sat there quietly, leaning against him. He sighed, "Will you let me and the guys help? Do you know how hard this is for me to even ask? I just do, Stephanie. I take charge and get it done, but I'm trying to give you the option here." Hell, say no and I'll take care of it anyway! He added silently. "The thought of you saying no is killing me."

Daren held his breath, waiting for her to decide. Finally she agreed, "OK."

Stephanie felt bowled over. Almost as soon as she agreed, Daren had taken over. She had to do the flight of the bumble bee to get the room in some type of decent order before Chase showed up. While Chase sat with her to get her alarm code for the house and her address with directions, Daren ran out to get pizza and have a copy of her house key made. She found it funny that he demanded that someone sit with her here, when for months she'd been by herself.

Less than fifteen minutes after Daren got back, Chase and the other guys were on the road headed to Kentucky. They were to go straight to her house and secure it. When Stephanie had asked why they didn't all just stay with her, instead of finding somewhere else to stay, Daren shot a look at her that clearly said, "Hell no."

So far, the plan was that Daren would be moving in with her until the Jeff issue was dealt with. From what she understood, they didn't have to check back in for another SEAL mission for at least three weeks, so they would have until then to deal with it.

Her part should have been easy, but wasn't in her opinion. All she had to do was follow what they said and that was easier said than done. Especially when she and Daren were finally alone again and he set out their pizza, beer and an engagement ring.

He plopped the ring on the table and told her, "Put that on."

Stephanie balked, "Where on earth did you get that?"

Daren took a bite of his pizza, "Around the corner." He took a drink of his beer and when she didn't put it on quick enough, grabbed her hand and slid the ring on her finger. He explained, "It will look bad if you have a guy living with you. Sets a bad example for you students and people would talk; can't have that."

"But..." Stephanie tried to protest.

Daren pointed out, "You said you'd do whatever I said."

Stephanie looked from him to the ring, "I never thought we'd be talking about a fake engagement!"

"We have to convince your friends in the morning, too."

His words didn't register at first. She was so engrossed with the beauty of the ring. It was a full karat, princess cut on a wide platinum band. To the sides of the diamond were two trillion cut sapphires, one on each side. It was perfect, absolutely gorgeous. Stephanie groaned, "Tell me this is a fake."

Daren smirked, but did not answer. Instead, he asked, "Can you convince them or not?"

She didn't know if she could or not, "I don't know. I'm a horrible liar."

He laughed, "I noticed that. Can I make a suggestion?"

Stephanie was still blown away by the ring, "Go ahead." It was even the right size.

Her mouth fell open at what he said next, "For the next three weeks we are engaged, committed to each other completely. You can consider it a commitment ring, if that helps."

Now she was completely lost. Was he really suggesting an engagement with a time limit? Stephanie couldn't help but ask, "You want to be my fiancé?"

To be continued...

12