Dark Awakening Ch. 01

Story Info
A young woman is plagued by nightmares and demons.
1.9k words
3.95
13.1k
3

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/29/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prologue: 1930

Funny thing was, she'd never felt this well rested before. Her eyes were still a bit fuzzy, the darkness only lifted a few moments ago. Light strings of a dream were pulled taught. She grasped at them only to have the strings break and slip through her fingers. What was left was a soft whisper of a name. Her name.

Ava sat up under a weeping willow tree. Strange. She didn't remember falling asleep here. There was a soft breeze flipping the branches towards her, beckoning her to come out of her cove and back into the world. Ava drew herself to standing, wobbling at first on her own two feet, and then pushing aside the willow's curtain. It was breath taking. Rolling hills of greens and autumn leaves seemed to go on forever. Her ears picked up the sounds of chirping birds and another sound quite foreign to her. A loud whistling siren. Curious.

She darted through the trees, following that strange noise which had tarnished the beauty of her landscape. Her bare feet stumbling on twigs and pebbles, she didn't notice the scrapes on her feet disappearing as soon as they were made. Ava caught her breath, inhaling twice before she mustered enough courage to continue. The whistling she had heard was a train.

Chapter 1: Present Day

Oh yeah. He was the one.

Ava adjusted in her seat. She'd been sitting there for a full hour now watching the room, praying for one, just one interesting John to enter, and guess what, tonight was her lucky night. She'd been ready, oh so fucking ready, to take this shark down, her legs began tingling with excitement. That might have been because they'd fallen asleep, but there was nothing like the cusp of a new best friend to get her all riled up.

Maggie, the waitress who had been so patient with Ava, stalked past her again. Filling her cup wasn't Maggie's only job. She tucked a fresh coaster under the Gin and tonic and winked. Maggie loved winking almost as much as she loved sashaying in tiny tight leather skirts. Leather was fine if you wanted to hump a biker, or a cowboy, but its flexibility didn't give Ava too many options. Ava lifted the glass and flipped over the coaster.

Mark Hannover. Retired. Hails from Brooklyn. Likes it ROUGH.

Really, Maggie? Come on. Ava sat in her section every time and ordered a minimum of five drinks, the least the girl could do was to get better stats. Maggie winked and then jerked her head in the direction of Mark Hannover. She practically stuck out a giant red arrow pointing at his big bald head. Ava had to give it to her though. Maggie was definitely enthusiastic about her role.

Hannover's eyes scanned the room lazily. He sipped, swirled, and sipped again at his own leisurely pace. If his vibe gave anything away, this was a man who didn't mind waiting in line. He could pull out a newspaper, shoot the breeze with the stranger next to him, and enjoy fine wine fermented for over a century. Hannover stroked at the companion he'd brought along. He twisted her curls in his finger and drew a long line from the tip of her ear down to the swell of her cleavage. She shivered in response. Ava didn't blame her. If the girl had any sense it would be to go back to her job at Dairy Queen and marry her high school sweet heart. Somehow, Hannover had intrigued her enough to follow him to this seedy night club. Maggie hadn't mentioned anything about the girl, which meant she was either an Out of Towner or some Russian mail-order bride. Ava chose the former. Hannover didn't scream illegal immigration.

Ava slipped Maggie a fifty and stood up to make her first move. Simply, she would swish her hips, flutter her big brown doe eyes his way, and make sure that it was plain and obvious that she was up for whatever he could throw at her. Little Miss Dairy Queen would retract her former agreement to stick with him and bolt as fast as her payless kitten heels could go without snapping in half.

It really was a matter of distance. As the proximity increased, the easier it was to get into their heads. From her nest across the room, Ava could only pick up a buzz from Hannover. Just a slight rumbling of misdeeds he'd done in the past. If she could see auras his would definitely be black. Telepath wasn't really the best way to describe her. She rarely heard thoughts. Thoughts went in and out quickly. She saw the imprints of a life. If a girl daydreamed constantly about meeting a singer or if a man held onto the last moments with a dying wife. She could also see the bad things in people. Their sins they savored and seldom regretted. To put it plainly, she knew if one had been bad or good. Santa Clause had more in common with her. But it would be impractical to have all those adorable elves. Ava worked alone unless she counted Maggie as an elf. A leather clad overzealous elf.

Like fucking clockwork. The finger dipping deep into the trembling V-neck of the girl paused as Ava wandered past. Hannover's lips tightened and pursed, burning up the previous schedule he'd planned out for his curly headed partner. She didn't seem to mind the change in focus. In fact, her heart started beating again. Ava dropped her fingers to the couple's table and bent down low so that he could see the swell of her breasts were no longer a tease but tangible and within reach. His date was silent. She bit her glossy covered lips, saying "Thank You" with her soft blue eyes.

"Are you a dreamer?" Ava asked plunging her eyes low. Her fat red lips plumped out to linger on the word dreamer.

"Yes," Hannover replied and slid a deliberate palm across her cheek to her hand. He didn't bring her hand to meet his lips; he brought his lips to her hand. "This is the proper way to kiss a lady."

Ava faked a coy smile. Touching was not preferred. She had gotten a taste of some sour images in his head. Maggie was right, he liked it rough.

She grabbed him by the lapels of his jacket and drew him up from the table. Dairy Queen didn't move, didn't breathe, didn't want to interrupt her chance to escape. He'd forgotten about his obedient pet and was ready to tame another. Ava smiled as she guided Hannover away from the crowd and toward the entrance of the side room. To the naked eye it was a wall just as stable and studded as any other wall. But the owner of the establishment thought to give his club a bit of mystery. Ava pressed gently at the unlocking mechanism and the wall slid apart. Hannover grinned like a boy on Christmas Day.

The two of them moved in sync. His hands went straight to the nape of her neck, a little more forcefully than she was comfortable with. Ava pressed herself against his chest, thanking all of the above gods that his shirt was still on. The scent of tobacco and whiskey rushed through the room and Ava caught his dark stare with hers. She knew exactly what he wanted and she was going to comply.

********

"Please!" she begged. The girl was so tiny. Did they get tinier every year? Maybe it was in the water? Damnit, she was crying again.

"Please!" she screamed this time. Ruke drew his hand up to her face. It was so angelic, so pretty, shame she wasn't the one he was looking for. The features were all there. She had the brown eyes, the auburn hair. She was even in the right age at eighteen; the little brat was a perfect replica. His fingers slid down to her jaw line snapping it up to turn her tear soaked eyes to face his blank pitiless stare.

"Didn't your mother ever tell you to stay away from guys like Jamie; they'll only get you in trouble." Ruke slapped her face away and wrenched her petite frame around. The girl shrieked and trembled violently as he shredded the dress covering him from devouring her. With his boot he spread her legs wide while she bucked back in protest. Well if that didn't get him hard. His hand grabbed a fistful of her silky soft curls and whipped her head back to meet his glare.

"I wanna go home. . .PLEASE!"

Not an option. The door to her supple virginity was wide open. Ruke sunk himself deep within her tight sheath. His cock found a rhythm and the girl fell forward onto her arms and held on for dear life as he plowed into her over and over.

She was exquisitely sweet. Just as delightful as he imagined her to be, but she wasn't the one he wanted. If he hadn't intervened into her precious suburban life, she might have fornicated with her pathetic deadbeat boyfriend, spawned a few of his bastard children, gotten a fat ass, scrapbooked on the weekend and died from diabetes. At least with Ruke she'd be a pretty face on the five-o'clock news. She'd be remembered forever as the cute high school prom queen who fell in with a dangerous crowd. Ruke pulled out, flipped her over and slammed that delicate mini body of hers on the steel table. The girl gathered any oxygen she could, heaving pink penny nipples up and down. Her neck was still purple and red from their previous engagement. His hands just needed a second go at it.

"Tell me where she is? Tell me you're lying and that you really are her!" Ruke demanded digging his fingernails deeper into her pale skin. The result was an enchanting amount of blood that leaked out.

"I. . ., please I don't know. I'm not her. I'm not. . .," the girl blubbered.

Ruke released his grip on her neck. He needed to finish and it wasn't going to happen with her on her back. She'd need to be on her knees. Another yank of her tresses and she was on the ground, tears streaking her mascara and streaming across her freckles.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know we were in your territory. Jamie made me. I won't tell anyone. I won't." She shook her head as to emphasize her trustworthiness. Ruke lifted her chin. Another crystal tear glistened in the light and followed the trail down to the floor.

"Finish me," he said gently at first. She didn't seem to understand. Her hands reached up to the table top as if she were going to stand up. Ruke knocked them away and the girl landed back on all fours. As if the blunt head of his cock wasn't enough of a clue, he rammed it inside of her mouth, brushing past her perfect square teeth and groaning in exhilaration. She got the picture. The girl began fucking his cock with her mouth closing her eyes and waiting for the inevitable.

Ruke jammed deep, expelling himself and practically choking the girl. She sat back onto her heels grabbing his hips for counterweight. No can do, honey. He shoved her away, leaving the bitch in a sobbing pile on the floor. What a mess. Tucking himself in, he passed his comrade Crane and exchanged nods.

"When you're done, get rid of her." His boy grinned while he mentally cracked his knuckles.