Dark Dreams Ch. 07

Story Info
Julius and Karen face off against the venus.
1.7k words
4.61
9.5k
00

Part 7 of the 12 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 01/06/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Acal
Acal
374 Followers

"Megan I do not trust this 'woman' Joseph hasn't been himself, its not like him to just follow some woman he doesn't even really know," said Amy.

"I know I get the same feeling, Steven is acting strangely too. This woman is up to something and I don't like it. I'm going to talk to Steven later after they've finished discussing whatever it is they're doing," said Megan.

"I don't like it either, Joseph has never kept anything from me but anything to do with this woman and he's closemouthed," said Amy.

***

"Victor, Circe has just made herself into a real threat, the scouts have reported that she's planning a full out assault, one of the men she's taken is a hunter how she managed that I don't know and she's also managed to get control of a panther-shifter," said Richard after he had rushed into the room.

"Damian was most certainly right but we couldn't risk the council's wrath taking her out there are so few Venus left," said Victor.

"I know but she's mad she wants to kill us and take over this Family," said Richard.

"What do you propose we do?" asked Victor.

"Angela told me that there is another force off to the side working against her, he's been trailing her since her first week in exile," said Richard.

"Why don't we just give this 'force' a little help then? Does Angela know where this force is?" asked Victor.

"No she said there is just energy focused towards stoping her. Its not in any solid form but she said that when it gets closer to happening she should be able to find it," said Richard.

"Thanks Richard, I'll alert the guards to keep a sharp look out," said Victor.

"Thank goodness I caught you both," said Angela rushing into the room.

"It wasn't easy but I found the energy source and traced it back to its source and I found that there is in fact two distinct signals one is weaker and almost swallowed by the other but its there. I think we're looking at another psychic, the weak signal however is characteristic of a hunter," said Angela.

"So maybe he doesn't need that extra push seeing as he might already have it," said Victor.

"It seems that way," said Angela.

***

"What did you see?" asked Julius after Karen had come out of her vision.

"I know where she's going next it seems as though I have a great deal more control over these visions now. She's going to the subway I think she might be changing her plans," said Karen.

"How so?" asked Julius.

"The man she's after is a business man," said Karen.

"I think she's going after wealth and position now, to have a successful Family the head must ensure that some of their number can bring in something to ensure they are well looked after it is much harder for vampires to live undetected these days," said Julius.

"That would make sense," said Karen.

"We'll be ready for her this time, I need to show how to use some of these weapons I have Karen, I can't do both things at the same time," said Julius.

"I'll look after the man," said Karen.

"Still I want you to know how to use these things," said Julius holding up a throwing star.

***

"Joseph, I will be going out now to bring back another new member of our family make sure that Cole is comfortable, I'll be back soon," said Circe.

"Of course Circe," said Joseph.

***

"Cole how are feeling?" asked Marcus softly entering the room.

"Like crap, how did you deal with this?" asked Cole with a pained expression on his face.

"It didn't take me as long as everybody else did I already had extra sensitivity, it was just a matter of adjusting. Circe is pure evil, I'm trying to figure out a plan that will be a bigger benefit then just getting rid of her. She wants to take over the largest Family in the country," said Marcus.

"Crap, I wish these vampires would have just kept their messy affairs personal. Well at least we're on the same boat together now," said Cole.

"Do you know if you can still shift?" asked Marcus.

"I don't know all I'm feeling is pain and stiffness right now," said Cole.

Joseph walked in and observed the two of them talking, "Do you need anything Cole?" asked Joseph.

"No thanks, Marcus tells me it will pass soon enough," said Cole.

"Yeah it will it's a bitch for the first 24 hours though," said Joseph.

"Thanks however," said Cole.

"Can I talk to you outside Marcus?" asked Joseph.

"Sure," said Marcus, "I'll be right back,"

"What is it Joseph?" asked Marcus as he stepped outside.

"Circe's gone to pick up another, how many do you think we'll need to succeed with this plan of hers?" asked Joseph.

"That should be enough for it to succeed, it sounds as though that this Victor is a very arrogant vampire to not believe that something powerful enough could threaten him," said Marcus.

"Good, I'm taking Amy out to dinner I'll see you later," said Joseph.

"Ok," said Marcus stepping back inside.

"What is going on Marcus?" asked Cole.

"That plan that Circe has is not going to work she is far too arrogant for her own good, Victor Delgado is a master of deception. One as arrogantly blind as Circe would not see his hidden defences the liquid silver grenades I have would certainly cause some causalities but you need a proper army take him on," said Marcus.

"We need to do something about that then," said Cole.

"Yes we do, it won't be too hard to break Joseph out of her hold. She's just relying on her powers of persuasion way too much another arrogant mistake. Joseph is a lot more strong willed then she thinks," said Marcus. "A new plan is really needed though, nobody attacks a Family compound and survives the vampire's council would pursue them until they're dead, you don't want to mess with those guys," continued Marcus.

"Since I'm stuck here I'll try and think of something Marcus," said Cole.

"That would be great, we need an alternate strategy that would keep the council out of it," said Marcus

***

'What a fool you are Marcus,' thought Circe as she stood outside the compound. 'Think me arrogant when you are the arrogant one,'

She linked into her connection with Marcus and said into his mind "Let Cole rest and leave the room,"

"I'll let you rest now Cole, you'll need it," said Marcus

"Ok thanks, I'll talk to you later," said Cole as Marcus left the room.

'Now I'll show you who's the arrogant one,' thought Circe viciously as she surged a violent pulse of psychic energy through the link.

Marcus's eyes widened as the pain burned through him, he dropped to the floor with the burning energy ripping through him, he screamed soundlessly as the agony rippled through his body.

"You will obey me! I am your queen! Find a way around Victor's hidden defences before I get back or you'll get more of the same," snarled Circe telepathically.

***

"I wish you could show me what he looks like then we'd have two pairs of eyes looking for him," said Julius as they watched the crowd exiting and entering the train in the crowded subway terminal.

"There he is, in the red tie," said Karen.

"Great I'll keep a look out for Circe she won't be hard to find in this crowd," said Julius.

Karen walked steadily towards Circe's intended target as the streak of shimmering red hair appeared following him. She looked around frantically for Julius as she saw Circe approaching him.

Julius watched the man carefully waiting for Circe to show herself. Then he caught a glimpse of her stalking the man waiting for the right time to pounce. He followed them outside knowing Karen would be close by.

She was so close she could smell his hot blood pulsing in his veins. She knew he would be a nice meal she just had to get him in a less crowded area. She stood still for a moment as he turned around not noticing her.

Karen spotted Julius closing in on Circe and made her way over keeping her target in sight as he walked up the stairs to leave the terminal.

"Do we have to make contact with him?" asked Karen.

"No, he doesn't have to know he's being followed it's best this way," said Julius.

They exited the subway pursuing Circe as she followed the man towards the street. She caught a distinct scent on the breeze as she stalked her prey, she remembered that spicy masculine scent. The one man that she didn't get she turned and saw Julius' dark frame approaching her. She snarled and raced after the man. She crashed into him scratching him.

"Karen quick! She's getting away!" cried Julius as he charged after her.

The man watched Julius chase after Circe with a stunned expression, he noticed the blood staining his sleeve then, he pushed up the sleeve to reveal a slash across his arm. He muttered something and held the sleeve to his arm and walked off.

Breathlessly Karen caught up to Julius on the other side of the road. "I lost her Karen, she's used her vampire strength to evade me," said Julius.

"Damn, we'll get her next time Julius," said Karen.

"That was a close one," said Julius.

"Yeah, she scratched him however," said Karen.

"Damn that's not good," said Julius.

"How so?" asked Karen.

"She's poisoned him, I know the antidote I carry it around. He won't be able to think clearly, he'll be easily influenced. She'll take him at home because he'll just let her in," said Julius.

"Can all vampires do that?" asked Karen.

"No only the really old Venus can do it, it's a testament to her power," said Julius.

"Great, do you know anybody who can help me focus this power? We have no idea where we can find this man," said Karen.

"No sorry I don't, I just know about psychics, most of them though tend to be insane, dead, vampires or shapeshifters," said Julius.

"Ok that doesn't sound good," said Karen.

"Don't worry I'll keep you safe, you'll only go insane if you ignore your gifts. The shapeshifters are born with it and certain vampires may develop it when they are old enough," said Julius.

He sighed to himself and thought, 'It's not good she's going to eventually end up dead or a vampire, all psychics end up that way eventually,'

Acal
Acal
374 Followers