Dark Fate Ch. 07

Story Info
The truth revealed and fate set into motion.
3.6k words
4.75
7.7k
4
3

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 08/11/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're really a vampire?!"

Levy came to an abrupt halt in the middle of the hallway. He was shocked to say the least, he'd certainly never expected a turn of events such as this. He closed his eyes and stood motionless for a long moment as he deliberated on what he should do.

This was it then, the moment he'd feared yet longed for had finally arrived. He set Aislinn back down on her own feet and led her to the nearest unoccupied classroom. He glanced down the hall in both directions before he closed and locked the door behind them.

Aislinn's heart began to beat furiously when she heard the click of the lock. Silence reigned as Levy stood with his back turned to her. She really hoped she hadn't upset him with her thoughtless question. She'd barely caught a glimpse of his anger during her fight with Verona and she never wanted to be on the receiving end of it herself.

She let out the breath she didn't know she'd been holding in when he finally turned to look at her, his expression one of relief not anger. He ran both his hands through his hair before shoving them into his pockets, he was nervous and it set her more at ease to know that she wasn't the only one unsure of what might happen in the next couple of minutes.

Deafening silence continued between them. Levy wasn't sure how to answer Aislinn and he knew she wouldn't be able to ask the question again. Time seemed to cease as they stood there staring at each other, each waiting for the other to make the first move. Levy was the first to give in, answering her question the only way he could, straight and to the point.

"Yes Aislinn I'm a vampire!"

Though she wasn't particularly shocked by this news her hand instinctively found its way up to unconsciously guard her throat. She swallowed and dropped her hand when Levy narrowed his eyes at her but then shook his head.

"It's natural for you to fear me, I'm a predator but I won't hurt you Aislinn."

"Vampire huh? It doesn't seem real!"

Levy shrugged.

"I am what I am and I can't change that no matter how much I wish to. You know, I look exactly the same as I did five hundred years ago, I haven't changed in the slightest, you'd think I'd be used to it by now but I'm not."

"Do you hate what you are?"

"Of course I do, my existence is unnatural and no matter how long I live it never gets any easier watching the people I care about age and die." Levy replied, his expression turning forlorn as his mind trailed to the past for a brief moment.

Levy suddenly looked incredibly fragile, he wasn't as tall and somehow not nearly as strong as he'd appeared only a few minutes ago. His pitch black hair contrasting his super pale skin made him stick out like a sore thumb and the dark circles under his eyes that Aislinn had somehow never noticed before made him look very tired. It was as though his carefully maintained glamour spell had shattered and she was seeing him as he truly was for the first time.

Kayle's words about him traveling the world took on a whole new meaning. Five hundred years was a very long time to be wondering around, alone and tortured over what he was. His suffering tore at her heart and brought tears to her eyes, she yearned to help him find some measure of peace but what could someone as inexperienced in life as she was do to help him?

"Levy, what am I to you? What do you want from me?"

"Isn't it obvious what I want? I want you!"

Aislinn blushed, she'd dreamed of this moment for so long but it felt so surreal she thought she might still be dreaming if not for the dull pain in her hand. She took a deep breath to help calm herself. What kind of life could an immortal hope to have with a mortal? Levy existed outside of death but her life would pass by in the blink of an eye so what would happen to him after she died?

"I want to be with you Levy but I'm mortal, what will happen to you after I die?"

"Die? No Aislinn, you won't die, I won't let you!" Levy said, matter-of-factly.

"Won't let me die? Do you intend to turn me into a vampire?

"When the time is right, yes, but only if that is what you wish for. If you wish to live and die as a human then I will stay by your side and when you die then I will follow you into death."

"Follow me into death? Why on earth would you do that?"

"Don't you get it yet Aislinn? You are very special to me, you're my Lifemate!"

Aislinn froze. Lifemate? Did Levy really just use that word?! It was a word she'd only ever come across in her paranormal romance novels and while it had a similar meaning as Soul mate it was different. It was a term used only by immortals and it referred to the one person they were fated to love and be with for all eternity. Levy was claiming her as his eternal bride!

Wide-eyed, she could only stare at him in disbelief. Impossible, this couldn't be happening, this kind of thing just didn't happen in the real world!

"This is some kind of joke right?"

"This is no joke Aislinn, I would never lie about something so important, you alone are my Lifemate and whether you like it or not, from this moment on, I refuse to continue living without you!"

Shock left her feeling weak and dizzy. What was she supposed to do? What was she supposed to say? He would expect an answer, maybe not now but soon, but how was she supposed to answer an immortal vampire claiming her as his Lifemate? Aislinn sank to the ground, hot tears slipping uninhabited down her cheeks.

A knock on the door interrupted them. It was Ian. No surprise there. Kayan must have seen this event in one of his visions and prepared for it beforehand. Levy opened his mouth to complain but stopped short. He couldn't find fault with Kayan for not telling him anything, especially when he'd proven time and time again to always have Levy's best interests in mind.

"Daven is on his way here." Ian informed them upon entering the room.

"Words spreads fast, how much time?"

"Half hour max." Ian replied.

Levy ran his hand through his hair as he glanced back towards Aislinn. He wasn't about to bring her with him and subject her fragile psyche to Daven's abuse and threats but he also couldn't let her remain on the campus. No doubt Daven's men were already scouring every nook and cranny for her and the moment they realized that she wasn't on the campus they'd immediately go to her house. He quickly decided that their only option was to take her to his estate.

Aislinn was unresponsive when Levy knelt in front of her. When she didn't respond to his voice he snapped his fingers in front of her face to get her attention.

"Huh?"

"Can you stand?" Levy asked, holding his hand out to her. She nodded and he helped her up, supporting her with his arm around her waist.

"What's going on?" Aislinn asked, trying to wipe tears away.

"Aislinn, Love, I need you to go with Ian, he's going to take you to my estate where you'll be safe."

"What? Why?"

"Verona's father, Daven, is on his way here now, I'll deal with him while you get the medical attention you need."

Levy hushed her with his finger over her mouth before she could even think to protest.

"Just this once do as I ask and everything will be fine, I promise."

They stared at each other for a long moment before Aislinn sighed in defeat. Once Levy was set on a course of action nothing anyone said would dissuade him from his chosen path, all she could do was trust that he knew what he was doing.

"Fine."

"Good girl, don't worry, this won't take long." Levy assured her, kissing her on her forehead before guiding her towards Ian.

"Please be careful Levy."

"Always."

Halfway down the hallway Aislinn glanced back to the classroom but Levy was gone. She instinctively reached out for him and while he accepted her touch on the surface he didn't let her into his mind, he didn't want her to experience whatever he was about to go through. His attempt to protect her only made her worry even more. What kind of man was Daven Castella? How far would Levy be forced to go to protect her from him?

Levy had claimed her as his lifemate which meant that he was willing to die for her and while she didn't believe things with the Castella's would ever turn out that bad, the idea that he would sacrifice himself for her didn't sit well with her at all. She found it strange that despite how little time they'd actually spent together up to this point she felt more connected to him then any other person she'd ever known.

Arthur Escott, head physician of the academy, met them in the private garage and helped Aislinn into the backseat of Ian's black Cadillac Escalade. It made sense that just about everyone Levy associated with would be vampires but it came as quick a surprise to learn that Arthur, a gentle endearing old man, was also one and on top of that he also had a supernatural healing ability to boot. He healed her hand, which she had ended up fracturing, but still suggested that she wear a brace for a week or two just to be on the safe side.

Somehow he managed to entice her into a conversation about vampires and she ended up with a crash course on Vampire fact vs. fiction. Vampires were indeed undead creatures but they weren't soulless monsters that burned up in the sunlight. Silver, holy water, and crosses had no effect on them and they had reflections just like everything else. The one thing the myths did get right however was their need to consume the blood of the living, whether it be human or animal, for sustenance.

The conversation waned just as they were driving through the tall wrought iron gates of Levy's estate. She looked out the window in awe at the vast lawn dotted with ancient looking willow trees, manicured hedges, and gorgeous marble statues and fountains.

As expected, Levy's house was beautiful, a three story blue stone mansion with blue marble steps leading up to two large mahogany doors. Just how many rooms were there? She counted fourteen large windows just on the front side. Levy's obvious wealth irked her a little, it was just so unfair for one person to have so much while so many had so little.

She hesitantly followed Ian and Arthur inside. She'd never been in a mansion before but now she would staying here, at least until the matter with the Castella's was resolved. Arthur took it upon himself to give her a brief tour and history of the estate before leading her to a small comfortable living area where she could relax and wait for Levy. Fatigued from the days events she ends up dozing off on the couch.

Once he was certain that Aislinn was off the campus Levy leisurely made his way to the Headmaster's office. He secretly enjoyed pissing people off he didn't like and he didn't actually like that many people. He had enough patience to get along with most anyone but right now the Castella's were his number one enemy.

Daven Castella stood at the window, an unlit pipe sticking out of his mouth. He was a short bald rotund man with a huge mustache that curled at the ends. Levy wondered if he was trying to emulate the businessmen of the wild west, if he was then he was doing a piss poor job of it.

"To what do I owe this fine visit Mr. Castella?" Levy asked. He didn't bother taking a seat, using his height to quietly intimidate the much shorter man.

"Don't play dumb with me Mercer, you know exactly why I'm here, I demand that you bring the person responsible for attacking my daughter here this instant, I fully intend to file criminal charges against her!"

Levy studied Daven for a long moment. Such an arrogant fool, posturing pridefully like he was the most important man in the world. For a moment Levy thought about breaking his neck. They could easily make his death look like a car accident or something and no one would ever know and if they did, they wouldn't for long.

"And if I refuse?"

"Refuse? You would condone such uncouth behavior? She is a stain on this institution and I demand that she be expelled immediately!"

It was then that Levy walked past him. He wanted to smile when he noticed Daven take a step back in unconscious fear but he kept his face a serene mask. After taking a seat at the large black oak desk he opened one of the locked drawers and withdrew a large manilla folder which he unceremoniously dropped on the desktop. The loud thwack of the folder echoing through the quiet room made Daven take another small step backwards.

Levy motioned Daven to step forward and inspect the contents of the folder. Inside was every incident report Levy had been able to find and in every report Verona was listed as the aggressor. Not once had she ever been the victim, well, not until today.

"You have some nerve coming here and expecting me to hand over an innocent woman. Your daughter has tormented and abused her classmates and teachers for years while you and the former Headmaster turned a blind eye but all that ends right here and now."

Daven looked up from the folder, his dark brown eyes locking with Levy's icy gray ones.

"Are you trying to threaten me with something?"

"It's no threat Daven, you and your family are no longer welcome on this campus!"

"Ha! Do you have any idea who you're dealing with? You have no power here even if you are Donovan's son, run along little pup and let me speak to someone who can actually handle this matter in a suitable manner!" Daven snickered, shooing Levy away with his hand.

Levy smiled but his eyes remained the same merciless gray.

"My father, who is currently in Europe, has left me in charge of all our dealings here in the states so yes actually, I do have the power to do whatever I want but if you don't believe me then why not give Donovan a call and find out for yourself!" Levy informed him, pulling out his cell to quickly dialing a number.

Fear edged into Daven's dismissive expression. While he was, in truth, wary of Levy, he was downright terrified of Donovan. No one went up against Donovan and made it out unscathed, or even alive for that matter. He'd never met a more ruthless man.

"Go ahead, it's ringing now and my father doesn't like to be kept waiting, especially since it must be very late where he is right now."

Daven hesitated before taking the phone from Levy's outstretched hand. It was indeed ringing and after a long moment it connected.

"H-hello?"

"Super Mario's Pizzeria, this is Shaun, what would you like to order?"

Daven's expression twisted into one of pure rage. His face turned bright red, he really looked like he was about to explode. He cursed, slamming the phone so hard against the floor that it audibly cracked. Not satisfied with just that he proceeded to stomp on it until there was no chance Levy would ever be able to repair it.

"You little asshole, do you think this is a joke?! You may be Donovan's son but I am Daven Castella. I will not be toyed with nor will I be threatened, I will make you regret treating me in such a lowly manner!!" Daven erupted, frothing at the mouth. Before Levy could say anything else Daven spun on his heel and marched out of the office, slamming the door hard on his way out.

"Well, that went well!" Levy joked sarcastically to himself as he leaned back in his chair.

It was obvious now just how far the Castella's had fallen. Their wealth had corrupted them, making them arrogant and foolish and giving them a false sense of security. They had long forgotten their duty to the people but more importantly, they had forgotten just who they owed all their wealth and power to in the first place. Had it not been for the Mercer's help the Castella's would never have been able to succeed and flourish as they had. Now it was time to take back what they had invested and rid Aislinn of a serious threat at the same time.

Levy stretched before standing up and walking to the window. The fresh warm air that greeted him when he opened the window reminded him of the day his life had changed forever.

He had traveled all over the world after the war trying to find his way back into the light but it didn't matter who he was with, or what he was doing, the world had no color and all the food, even blood, had lost its taste. Back then he'd existed as hardly more then a shadow of his former self.

The hope that he would still be able to find the one person destined to be with him had slowly faded over those long years. When he could bear the loneliness no longer he had returned to Boston to ask for the unthinkable: his death. He had tried many, many times to kill himself but he had always stopped at the last second. He still wondered sometimes if that made him a coward or not?

Of course Donovan knew Levy's reason for returning. Not wanting to lose his son and heir he tried every trick in the book to keep Levy so busy that he didn't have time to think about ending his life. Of course Levy eventually caught on to his father's scheme so Donovan had asked for one last thing, one final family outing to the Boston Aquarium.

Levy had no interest in fish but he went and followed his family around until he was absolutely bored out of his mind. Of course his family and close friends were very dear to him but even his love towards them had become muted over the years, the memories of happier times with them no longer enough to sustain him. He was utterly hopeless.

With so many people around it had been easy for him to slip away and roam around on his own until he found himself outside on the docks. It was the first real warm day of spring but most of the people that passed him were still wearing light jackets or sweatshirts.

The sweet sound of her laughter echoing through the air hit him like a physical blow. The world around him pitched and spun like he was on the biggest drug trip of his life. His dull gray world was suddenly brilliant again, blinding in its intensity. In his fumbling around to steady himself he'd ended up tripping over his own feet and tumbling off the dock into the water.

His next memory was that of looking up into his savior's eyes, the most brilliant green eyes he'd ever seen. Before he could get the girls name or even thank her for pulling him from the water Donovan was there pulling him away. No doubt the authorities had been contacted but they couldn't let human paramedics examine him and discover their secret.

The next couple of days had been spent in a bewildered daze. He was overjoyed that he'd finally found her, his Lifemate! Thanks to their extensive information and surveillance network it had taken him less then a day to learn the identity of the girl who'd rescued him: Aislinn Koralee.

Seven years had passed since then. Seven years of watching and waiting. Unbeknownst to Aislinn it was because of Levy that she'd gained entrance to Mercer Academy. As his mate she both deserved and needed the best education. It was also to keep her safe since he couldn't personally watch over her everyday.

He stretched again. Things weren't going quite according to plan but at least Aislinn now knew the truth even if she couldn't fully comprehend or believe it. He would have to properly explain everything to her later when she was calm and there was no chance they'd be interrupted.

In some ways this upheaval of the status quo was fortuitous. Not only had it allowed him to finally tell Aislinn the truth but it also gave him a perfectly logical reason to move her to his estate where they would be protected night and day by an unseen army of vampires.

Kayan joined him on his way to the parking garage. Levy didn't bother to ask him why he hadn't said anything beforehand. Kayan usually only interfered when doing so would likely change the outcome for the better and as far as either of them were concerned this was the best outcome Levy could have hoped for.