Dark Moon Ch. 01

Story Info
The hunt is on.
2.1k words
4.45
11.8k
22

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 07/27/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ninabby
ninabby
14 Followers

It was a warm night, the moonlight played with the lake water as a small female stood by the water's edge. Her feet were bare and she wore a silk dress that reached just to her knees. Her hair was snow white and curly, thrown into a high pony tail, the curls cascaded down her back. Hearing her little brother call out to her, she turned and saw her little brother and older brother standing together. Slowly, the female held her arms out as she sunk down.

"Oh, what is it Aiden?" she asked as the small boy ran and jumped into her arms, his eyes beginning to water.

"I had a bad dream," he cried.

She sighed. "It's ok, I won't let any harm come to you," she said softly while rubbing his back as she walked towards their home.

"Rain?" he asked softly as he rested his head against her shoulder.

"Hum?" she asked, stopping by her older brother. His eyes darkened as she touched his arm. "Let's go Dagger, we can't stay out too long, they are out tonight," she said softly.

The tall man, with his white hair falling into his eyes growled, "I won't let them near us."

Rain sighed, "I know." She walked inside and listened as Dagger closed the door.

She set Aiden down. "Let's get you some milk and honey." She smiled as she spoke and he nodded.

Just short of four years old, he was tall for his age. She smiled and walked into their kitchen pouring some milk into a pot and warming it before she added honey. Aiden sat at the table waiting as she poured it into his cup and placed it on the table. She sat down and looked up at Dagger. "Are our bags packed?" she asked meeting his dark stare.

"Yes, but Rain if they catch onto what we are doing you know his son will be pissed," he said softly.

"I know we are doing what is best for our family and best for you, but remember what happened with Niko's daughter?" He took a moment to sigh.

Rain looked down and shivered at the memory of Niko's daughter, Milia. She was a kind person, always smiling... until one of them wanted her , spoke to her father and warned him she would be claimed, they ran and Niko came home a few weeks later. Beaten and bloodied and Milia was gone.

"And he was not the leader's son! Damn it Rain, you know what the leader's son is capable of!"

Hearing Dagger grunt to himself, Rain took a moment to look at Aiden.

"So am I to just give in? Let them take me?" she asked, close to tears, watching Aiden curl into himself. "Aiden won't like it there and you know he can't let go of me," she said turning back towards Dagger. "Come what will, but I will try to keep my freedom," she said defiantly. She could see the fear in Dagger's eyes.

Slowly, she walked to him and wrapped her arms around him. "If I do get caught, I will miss you but you keep running and don't let them see you," she said before feeling him nod as he wrapped his arms around her. She rested her head against his chest.

"You know father would be proud," he said softly, before pulling away.

"Go take Aiden and rest, we leave first thing in the morning."

Rain sighed, Dagger's tone was authoritative and cold. She turned, shaking her head, as she picked up Aiden and his cup before walking down the hall to her room. Her walls were filled with memories she could not take with her. Laying on the fur pelt that counted as a bed, she rested next to Aiden, who was tired and terrified. His eyes slowly closed.

"Rain ..... " he started but it was just a mumble and by the time she looked at him his breathing had evened out as he slowly fell into a light sleep. She turned onto her back and looked up at the ceiling as she tried to fall asleep. She could feel the even breathing slow down as her little brother fell into a deeper sleep. She could hear her older brother pacing through the house. Sighing, she stood up slowly making sure to be quiet, then carefully tiptoed towards her window and sat on the window sill watching the tree line.

She could see dark streaks of black and brown and occasional white. She knew what they were doing, they were patrolling her house, making sure she did not attempt to run tonight. Rain watched the sun rise as the streaks of color slowly faded into the background. Most likely heading back to their little makeshift homes that they used during this part of the year. Hearing Dagger call up to her, Rain turned fast and slid down off her window sill. She headed towards her bed and slowly and carefully wrapped up her baby brother, Aiden then walked downstairs.

She stopped in her tracks when she saw Dagger in the door way.

"Come on, I'll carry him," he said, holding out his arms.

"No, I'm fine just grab the bags," she said as she held Aiden close to her chest. She slipped past Dagger and walked down the hall and opened the door hearing Dagger's footsteps close behind. Slowly she opened the back door to their home and walked down the steps into the backyard. She stopped and stared into the trees. Dagger stopped next to her and slowly walked towards the tree line.

"The sooner we leave, the safer we are," he said not looking back. Rain looked back, taking one last glance knowing soon this would either be her lost home or her prison. Lost home, she thought nodding to herself.

"Let's go." Dagger's tone held no room for arguments so Rain hurried after him, feeling her little brother stir as she jogged to catch up.

"Shhh go back to sleep," she said softly.

Rain watched Aiden run ahead through the trees while Dagger chuckled and pretended to chase him. The clanking of the cookware from inside the bag clattered as it bounced. Rain giggled softly keeping her pace as she carried the cloths and blankets. Hearing Aiden scream into a fit a giggles, she watched Dagger pick him up and spin yelling, "I got you! I won! Little wolf!" She smirked at the old name her late mother had given their brother.

Aiden yelled in joy, "I little wolf but you big old grey wolf!"

Rain giggled softly at this, not being able to remember the last time Dagger was not cold and distant. Hearing Aiden complain of thirst, Dagger set him down and pulled a metal water bottle from the side of his bag.

"Here ya' go little buddy." He chuckled as Aiden took it, his eyes wide.

"It's cold!" He giggled in happiness as Dagger smirked and opened it for him. They walked like that for a bit playing around on the way there relaxed and happy. It had not been this way in their old home for a while and Rain knew if they got caught it could be the end of their little family. Rain looked at Dagger as the sun set.

"We should be getting ready for bed," she said while Aiden sat on a rock.

Dagger looked around as Rain and Aiden stayed where they were. A little bit passed before Dagger came back. Aiden was already asleep so Dagger carried him to a near-by cave that he made sure was safe.

Two weeks had passed, two weeks of constant moving. Two weeks of sleeping in caves and trees. Rain was tired as she sat by a stream washing their cloths as best she could. Two weeks of hell and running from hell. She yawned and looked over at Aiden who was watching her.

"Why didn't you go hunting with dagger?" she asked.

"You love hunting with Dagger."

"Dagger said I can't hunt with him till I can shift, " he huffed.

"It's not fair! You and dagger can shift, but I'm too young, so Dagger won't even let me hunt squirrels."

Rain smirked. "Aiden, you will shift when your body is ready," she said while hanging up the cloths to dry.

"Aiden, we are so close to the McKellins land." She smiled watching Aiden jump up.

"Really?!" he asked, smiling brightly before clapping.

Rain heard a snap of a twig and looked over to see Dagger, bloodied and panting his right eye was swollen, flesh was torn out of his side. Dagger was a strong wolf, stood about four feet tall. Not many people could do that much damage to him, so Rain went pale at the sight of him as he slowly shifted back to human form.

"They found us. They are trailing behind Rain...... the son is leading them."

He coughed, his right eye now completely shut. Rain felt her breathing pick up.

"Dagger," she whined softly, "take Aiden .... Go. You're so close to freedom."

"I'll come back for you Rain, don't think this is over," he growled.

He was running and pulling on some pants before he grabbed a screaming Aiden. Rain, feeling numb, knelt down by the stream. She bit her lip and watched the water then closed her eyes and swore to herself she would not give in or change for him or his pack. A low feral growl forced her from her thoughts.

Her back stiffened. She slowly turned her head to see a large black wolf saunter towards her. No matter how calm she swore to act, the sight of him made her jump, scream, and run across the stream. The moment she hit the other side, she felt a hard wall smash into her back as her hands where pinned to the ground. Looking back she met the eyes of bright green, they burned with anger.

"I fucking trusted you not to run lass," he snarled, his accent thick and interlaced with anger.

"Please, I'm sorry, I was scared," she whined, starting to struggle.

"Stop moving!" he snapped, she felt his hot breath against her ear as his breathing became more hectic. "I was going to be nice," he chuckled darkly, "but you need to learn your place," he hissed.

Rain felt her eyes widened. "No!" she yelled, struggling again, crying.

"Please!" she begged softly, "I can't do this, I can't mate you." she sobbed softly.

His dark laugh exploded as he turned her over and pinned both of her hands with one of his. He leaned in close, his green eyes clashed with her blue eyes.

"Submit," he snarled.

Rain looked up. "No," she said softly, hearing a wolf-y chuckle, she looked around. Her eyes widened seeing at least three other wolves.

"Get them out of here!" she yelled, pulling at her wrists which he only held tighter.

"They are witnesses..... My father demands I show you who is alpha around here." He brought his face close to hers.

"Please Grey, I'm sorry. Please not in front of them. Not like this," she said turning her head to the side feeling his lips graze her cheek.

"Rain, it's not the mating moon yet......not for another two days, so I must keep you pure till then but in two days...," he said sternly, leaving his sentence to hang there.

"Grey, I'm sorry, so sorry, please no," she begged while staring into his eyes, pleading.

He chuckled, "The best part....... We still won't be home for at least another week."

He smiled as he moved his lips down to her neck. She winced away from his touch which only made him growl louder, "Rain we had a deal...... your little kin lived aye, they lived! But my kin ran them.... Your females.....Your men...... we own them."

She felt her eyes burn with unshed tears as she looked away. He used his free hand to grab her face and pull her to look him in the eye.

"I fucking own you lass."

She growled and his bright green eyes filled with flames of anger.

"G-Grey please," she stuttered, "your kind took our land," she glared. "Your kind killed my father and my mother!" she growled and struggled against his massive frame. "You can take your Scottish ass and GO HOME!" she hissed.

His smile turned sinister. "Is that how ye feel lass? And your mother's death was by her own hand ..... Rain I watched you ...... waited till ye were at an age to mate..... I will not be denied." He began to laugh.

Rain tried to shrink away from him as best she could but as he stood, he grabbed her arm roughly and pulled her to her feet.

"Let's get going." He smiled bigger as he pulled her back towards the hell she was so close to escaping.

ninabby
ninabby
14 Followers