Darkest Temptations Ch. 02

Story Info
Alera sprinted down the street.
1.4k words
4.31
9.4k
5

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 05/28/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alera sprinted down the street. Her hair whipped behind her as she flew by the closed stores.

Five vampires.

How had she, a vampire herself, just seen five vampires murdered right before her eyes?

Yes, she supposed they could have been Newborns, but still five vampires? She thought back to how the vampires moved, how they fought. No, they couldn't be Newborns. Whoever had killed them had murdered them with a certain goal in mind, a driving force. Perhaps it was an Ancient. Alera felt chills go down her back. Everyone knew the Ancients were powerful but they never unmasked their power in public, it was always hidden.

Alera stopped. The Ancients. She recalled the last time she was with an Ancient. He was fearless, respectable, rich, powerful, and yet he was a psychopath.

He had tried to enslave her, to bind her to him. Alera remembered the black prison, the chains that bore into her skin leaving bruises on her arms and legs for weeks after. She remembered that dark, handsome face that came to her every night.

She lived like that for ten years.

Ten years she suffered under his tormenting until she finally escaped.

Alera had run away during the day. The guards were on a break and since Alera had serviced the Ancient, Laocles, that night they thought she was too weak to even move. Alera felt a smirk sneak its way onto her face. They had completely underestimated her. With Laocles out of the country Alera knew she had to take this opportunity to escape. She yearned for the dark night to liberate her, the wind brush past her skin, her feet skimming the ground as she ran. She hated the prison, she despised it.

When Laocles had heard of her escape he sent not one, not two, not even one-hundred men after her but nearly three hundred men after her. Once heard the news Alera knew she had was in the deepest pit of her life. The fact still astounded her. She wondered how she ever got away. Ah, then she remembered. Laocles had been killed by another Ancient, Alexander who felt that Laocles was becoming too involved in the human world. Although no one knew at the time why Laocles had sent so many men, Alexander could guess. After all, Alexander had been around for nearly three thousand years, and he had known Laocles for a very long time.

Alera loved the night. She was a creature of the night. She felt free and - what was that? She suddenly smelt a sweet aroma just behind her.

She heard a gun cock.

"Hand's up," a voice said.

Alera tried to play meek.

"I know what you are creature."

Alera listened to the voice. It was deep and extremely melodious. She relaxed. There was no human that could possess that kind of voice.

"Don't try to pretend that I can't smell you too, the gun is unnecessary."

"You are an Elder, no doubt you can take me on," the voice replied.

Alera turned around. The vampire that was holding the gun was―. Alera laughed.

The Newborn's face remained unchanging.

Alera continued laughing.

"You know," she said after she finished laughing, "Have you even thought about how you look? A vampire with a gun? Now come on, that's like Captain America with a sword!"

"I don't care what you say, I'm keeping it here."

Alera sighed. Then in less than a second the gun was gone, unloaded and broken in half.

Alera waited for a moment to let the Newborn understand what had just happened.

She waited.

Then she saw the Newborn meet her gaze.

"Don't fuck with me," she said in all seriousness.

Alera turned to walk away but then heard someone to command her to stop.

Alera sniffed the air. She froze. It was an Ancient.

"Turn around," the voice commanded.

Alera stood there. She nearly smiled. The man had a very sexy voice. Deep, though not too deep, melodious, luring, not to mention smooth.

"I said turn around."

Almost annoyed, Alera turned around.

She nearly gawked. What was Dimitri Marinescu doing here? He was the Vampire Prime Minister of Europe! Oh, then she remembered he was also the director of the Crime and Services branch in the vampire world. Yes, now it made sense to her why he was here. Alera remained calm. She knew her own secret about being an agent; but no one, not ever Freya her closest friend knew.

"Ah," Dimitri said, "An Elder."

Alera bit her lip. Dimitri was extremely handsome even for a vampire. He had dark brown hair with golden-hazel eyes. His nose was perfectly matched with his cheekbones and facial structure. Alera eyed his body. She knew that there was only muscle underneath that confining suit he was wearing.

Alera snapped back to the present. If Dimitri had noticed her staring at him he did a good job of hiding it.

"Come with me," Dimitri commanded.

Alera still stood her ground.

"I know you're not the killer," Dimitri stated, "Killers don't stare at their captors as if they wanted to ravish them right on the spot."

Alera's eyes widened. "I did not such thing!"

Dimitri smirked. He walked over to her. Leaning in he whispered, "If you want to keep standing here be my guest but when I demand something I want it done."

With that Dimitri hoisted Alera into his arms and walked down the street where she came from, turned left, and down the subway stairs.

While Dimitri carried her he felt her body muscles tense at their contact. Typically Dimitri would smirk but she had the same effect on him. As she was wearing a pair of shorts, no doubt she decided to go out for a run, her legs brushed up against Dimitri's arms. He nearly moaned from how soft they were. Although he knew vampires were in excellent shape, Alera had a very fit body. He could feel the lean yet not evident muscle. Instinctively he pictured her strong legs wrapped around his torso. Dimitri tried not to pull her closer but he did.

Alera felt the shift and looked up at Dimitri. His hazel eyes avoided contact with her green eyes.

Alera remained still.

"Dimitri!" a voice called.

Dimitri looked down into the subway, "Ryu, is Kai here yet?"

"Yes, who are you carrying? A dead human, I hope-" Ryu stopped talking.

"An Elder?" Dimitri heard the smile in Ryu's voice. "She is very beautiful is she not?"

Alera struggled to free herself from Dimitri's strong arms.

"Let me go," she said glaring at him.

Dimitri dropped her. However Alera didn't fall but landed smoothly on her feet and swung down to do the classic kick. Her leg collided with Dimitri's legs and she saw him start to fall. But just as he was able to hit the floor Dimitri used one arm to prop himself up and then double tripped Alera.

She growled at him. Suddenly she was starting to like this fight. It seemed Dimitri was getting more interested too.

As Dimitri dodged Alera's attack he couldn't help feel a sort of smug satisfaction that she wasn't just ignoring him now. Wait. What was he thinking!

Alera planted a punch on his shoulder. Dimitri felt himself take a step back. Concentrate, concentrate, he tried to tell himself but couldn't concentrate. Alera socked him again. This time in the stomach.

He couldn't stop himself from thinking about it. He had just been happy that she, whatever her name was, wasn't ignoring him? Dimitri groaned.

Alera had stopped throwing punches at Dimitri. She heard him groan but he and her as well as everyone else in the room knew Dimitri wasn't that weak.

"Stop pretending like you're hurt," Alera snapped.

Dimitri looked at Alera.

Alera nearly took a step back. Why was he looking at her like that? He looked almost vulnerable! But then just as he had appeared to be vulnerable, Dimitri regained his regular composure.

"You are a good fighter, Elder," he said.

"You didn't have to tell me that. I know I am."

Dimitri grinned. Feisty, he thought. Dimitri liked it.

"Stay here," he told her, "If I find you gone, I will chase after you."

"In hell I would," Alera rebutted and with that she ran off.

Dimitri had no chance of grabbing her arm. She was simply too quick.

"Dimitri, hurry up and get over here!" Dimitri heard Kai call.

"I'm coming!" he exclaimed rushing over to the crime scene.

He would get that girl back later.

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading. All comments are appreciated.

Writingfanatic