Daughter of the Gods Ch. 04

Story Info
Denis & team captured by Naganti Kanan meet 'Dorothy'.
4.3k words
4.33
7.6k
2
1

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/04/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LBDarling
LBDarling
36 Followers

It was not long before the group of captives was entering the Great Hall of Kanan's keep. With his keen eye Dennis kept making note of all everything that was Gaelic or Celtic in this place. To him he might as well be standing in Dunvegan Castle on the Isle of Skye in Scotland. Tartan tapestries hung from every wall in brilliant red, green, blue and gold. Heavy furniture graced the room; the chairs alone must have weighed well over a hundred pounds each. Dennis wondered how anyone managed to slide them around the room since they appeared so heavy.

Colonel MacNeill was his usual cheeky self, smiling, nodding and saying 'How-do-you-do?' to everyone they passed on their way to the King. All around him eyes widened and mouths gaped open at the sight of them. Finally they were lead into what appeared to be Kanan's Throne Room. A large ornately carved wooded chair was the focal point of this room, its seat and back covered with red velvet, above which hung a large rendition of the King's Family Crest. Sitting on the throne was the same man they had seen giving his women away earlier in the night. Surrounding him was a group of fifteen or so men, all of whom had been engaged in heavy conversation (probably concerning the first white man they had encountered that night), startled they looked up at the sound of the guard's voice.

"Ginan kani Cok'Mon odank!" (We found these white men wandering in the town) The guard who had stood by Col.MacNeill's side announced to Kanan who sat upon his throne.

Kanan turned from his council and beheld several white men now waiting in for his attention. Yehwe was a night known to be full of mischief and magick; it seemed the festival would live up to its reputation tonight. "Madwan? E'gni hamesh?" (What do you want? Where do you come from?) Kanan asked in a voice that not betray the coolness in his eyes.

O'Neill shot Dennis a harsh look. "Looks like you're on, Dennis."

With more apprehension than usual, Dennis began the task of making first contact and communication with people from a new world. He began much as he always did, speaking in a very slow calm, almost hypnotic voice, "I'm Dennis." Dennis held out the palm of his hands and waited a moment but Kanan did not respond. The dark eyes of the man grew wide at the sound of Dennis' words. Using only his eyes, Dennis, looked around to see that the men were talking to each other in hushed whispers. "We have come for our friend. You," Dennis pointed to Kanan, "you took him away." Dennis put his hands together as though they had been bound, he motioned toward the dark man on the throne once again. Although his eyes seemed to grow larger with each word Dennis spoke, there did not seem to be any recognition in them. Dennis dropped his hands and then pointed toward the window behind him and the courtyard beyond. "Out there. Our friend," he bound his hands together again, "on the podium" he made a sort of box shape with his hands, "you took him...."

"Mowtot!" Kanan bolted from the seat upon which he had been sitting. "B'yon ye, Cha'Dech, nin." Dennis began to speak again but the man held up a large hand to silence him, he realized that the leader of this world was not speaking to him. "N'om!" One of the guards immediately left the room off on whatever errand Kanan the King had presently sent him on. Now the man's eyes were definitely upon Dennis and his friends, "Ciptu." The large black hand motioned toward the long table and chairs behind the group. "Ciptu."

"Sit?" Dennis asked and bent his knees slightly as though he were going to seat himself.

"Ciptu." Kanan repeated and nodded. "Pama."

"I think he wants us to sit and wait until the guard returns." Dennis said over his shoulder. They made their way to the chairs just behind them, eyes on everyone in the room as once, light smiles on their faces, and they sat in the heavy wooden chairs. "Ciptu." Dennis said looking at Kanan and watched as the large man nodded his head.

"So, what are we waiting for?" Lee asked through a smile so fake she thought it might freeze on her face.

"I don't know. Guess we'll find out soon enough."

**********

The lock on the outside of Naganti Kanan's chamber door slid back with a loud ca-chunk. The woman the men had called Dorothy looked up to see J'Quinn, Kanan's Captain of the Guard, making his way through the doorway. "Cok'Mon nes odank, nin gak, Naganti Kanan." (White men are here, you must speak for Master Kanan)

So, they had discovered that the new comer was a white man and Naganti Kanan wanted her to talk to him on his behalf. Why? Why didn't Naganti Kanan just kill him and be done with it? Tiberian law expressly stated that she as Cha'Dech was never to speak to, never to touch or be touched any man other than her Lord and Master, Naganti Kanan, unless hr gave permission and he hardly ever did unless it struck his fancy to do so. What was so important about one white man? "Co." Kanan's Cha'Dech waved her hand to shoo the guard away. "Gak bwe co, Naganti Kanan." (No. I will not speak for Master Kanan)

A black hand snatched out roughly and grasped her by the forearm, instantly the burning sensation appeared where his skin met her own. "Maen! Byan!" His fingers clasped tighter to her skin. (Now! Don't argue!)

She stumbled backwards away from his burning touch. "Ka'Nok re!" She cried out as she wrangled herself away from his grip. (Do not touch me!)

A large finger shook itself in front of her nose, hard eyes glared at her. "Byan." (Don't argue) His voice threatened in a low command.

Without further resistance, she followed the guard from Kanan's chamber back down the great staircase and into the great hall. As she made her way down the long passageway, she began to wonder if she could still make the talk? Never did they speak in any language that was familiar to her here. Not since she was no taller than a biyuk had she heard her own native speak. So long, so long, so long ago. For the first time in a very long time an oddly familiar feeling began to rise deep within the pit of her belly. She recognized it as being hope and tried to kill it.

The woman who had been the last item up for bid in this evening's auction walked with through the door of the Great Hall with her head bowed low, auburn hair covered her face and her gait was slow and unsure. Slowly she pushed her hair back to look at the strangers who had invaded her Master's home and brought her here. White skin flushed crimson and then drained of all color as she looked around to behold not one single white man, certainly not the man who had come to claim her, but five white men, one black man that she recognized as being Nuki, and one white woman sitting near the great table in Kanan's great hall.

Without thinking, the Cha'Dech looked down at her own hands and then up at Dennis' face, down and up, down and up went her eyes, with a drunkards pace she continued to make her way toward Naganti Kanan. Dennis watched carefully as the leader of this world rose to his feet upon seeing her and motioned for the rest of the team to do the same. Without speaking, she took her customary place on the steps that lead to Kanan's throne, two stairs down and to the left of where he sat. Slowly her eyes turned upward once again to meet those of the white people across the room from her.

Taking a deep breath, she raised her head to stare into the eyes of the man across the room from her, the one standing in front of the others. The one with the pale blue eyes. There was a sharp pain in her heart as her mouth dropped open in a small O and then closed quickly as she looked away from him. Those eyes were still with her. She knew those eyes.

"Ha ben esta, Cha'Dech." Kanan said in a low voice as he slithered forward in his chair and looked her directly in the eyes. "Co gak Shankuk, nin gak Cok'Mon." His dark eyes stared through her. "Gak kweman Cok'Mon."

With her head spinning and her knees weak, she struggled to convert the Shankukan language into what she remembered as English. So many years it had been since she had heard her own language. Remembering was a very slow and painful process and her voice did not attempt to hide that fact. "Does the woman speak your words?"

"Yes, she speaks English...Cok'Mon." Dennis replied.

"Hei, cok'won nen'de cas gake Cok'Mon." The Cha'Dech stopped for a second as she groped for the words and a dull thud began to ache behind her eyes.

Kanan appeared pensive as he eased himself forward on the throne. A large ebony finger raised itself and pointed at Lee. "Nin gak cok'wo keshan'abe?"

"Does she speak for all of you?"

Dennis looked over at Richard, "I think he wants to know if she's the leader."

"Tell him no."MacNeill replied. "I am."

"No, she does not speak for us. I am Dennis. This," he put his hand toward Richard "isMacNeill, he is the leader. Her name is Lee."

"Co cok'wo, Lee, gak keshan. Nen'de cas," she paused as she replayed the word inside her head hoping to speak it correctly, "Den-yo." she paused again and watched from the corner of her eye as Dennis nodded his head, "Nen'de cas,", once more she paused as she tried to wrap her tongue around the strange name. "Ooh-Nel es Naganti."

"Naganti O-Nel co gak? "

"Why does your king, O-Nel, not speak?

"Ah, that'sMacNeill. O-Ne-al. Two l's." Richard corrected. "Not O-Nel."

"Yes,MacNeill. " Dennis repeated with slight appall as he pushed his glasses up on the bridge of his nose. "I speak for the group. WithMacNeill's permission." He made a rounding motion that encompassed the members of his group and then held it hands out toward Richard.

The words were returning slowly to her mind as her eyes freely took in the sight of the white people standing in front of her. How long had she waited to speak words like this? Communication had been strictly limited to speaking only with those women who served under her and to Kanan in his own words in his own way. If she dared to raise her eyes or so much as part her lips to those before her, her Master would remind her of the place she kept in his palace with a swift hand. It was that image of that hand which held her firm in her place as Cha'Dech, and stopped her from reaching out to the newcomers.

But those eyes were staring at her, every second she looked into them she became more and more certain of who he was. Those eyes. That voice. It had to be. That sharp pain returned to her heart and she bit her lower lip against it while she continued with her task, doing her best to cast the thoughts and the hope they brought aside. "Den-yo gak naday Naganti O-Neal."

"Hei, Den-yo. Nin gak Cok'dech. Nin gak, Cha'Dech."

"Good, Den-yo. Then we will speak through..." for the first time she faltered on purpose and then continued forward replacing his words with her own "our women." The meanings of the words Kanan had chosen those that she had spoken were similar, they would do. However, it was possible that a little something might be lost in the translation. The decision that she would speak with the white woman made, the Cha'Dech now cast her eyes upon Lee and no one else. However, that was all right. The Cha'Dech had better vision than any of them realized, while her stare seemed to be concentrated on Leeantha, her attention was still solidly fixed on Dennis.

Easing his powerful frame back into the comfort of the chair, Kanan spoke once more. "Nin Naganti Kanan, Naganti Tiberia."

"I am Kanan, Lord and Master, ruler of Tiberia."

"Madwan? E'gni hamesh?"

"What do you want?" There was a low thumping beginning in the back of her mind as something warm began to crawl around inside of her. That damn nagging sensation of hope, she stuffed it down as best she could. "Who is your tribe?"

"Repeat what she says and then what I tell you," Dennis whispered to Lee, "ok?"

"Why? You can see she speaks quite well."

"Just do it, Lee. Don't give me a hard time, got it? Don't look at him, look at her."

"Whatever you say." She shifted her weight from one foot to the other. "What do you want? Who is your tribe?"

"We have come for Corporal Blood, the man you took away. He is our friend. "All stood silent for a moment, Dennis nudged Lee. "Do it," he hissed.

"This is ridiculous," she muttered but continued with his wishes. "We have come for Corporal Blood, the guy you took away. He's a friend of ours." Not exactly what Dennis had said but like the King's woman, Lee thought it was close enough.

Cha'Dech interpreted for her King. "Co, kazyen kew. Nin n'kan Cok'Mon."

"Hei. E'gni hamesh?" Kanan queried.

"Who is your tribe?"

Lee echoed the question.

Dennis thought for a moment, searching for a satisfactory answer to the question. "Our tribe is far away. We come from far away. We meant no disrespect."

Once again, Lee stood and echoed Dennis' words before Calla spoke. "This is getting absolutely stupid. Obviously she knows what you're saying, why do I have to keep repeating it?" She asked through clenched lips.

"Because I have a penis and you don't," he returned in the same tone, "isn't that obvious? She is not allowed to speak directly to me, not if we can use you anyway. She isn't even looking at me anymore. Andrews, you were right, she does belong to him. So, why the hell would he put up there like that with the other women?" Dennis turned his ears back to the words the woman, Cha'Dech, he supposed that was her name, were speaking.

"Ginan nepe noc. Ginan nape agu. Ginan," once again she stopped as the word failed her. What was 'disrespect'?

From his place across the room Dennis seemed to sense the word that she was struggling with, for no apparent reason he said in a quiet tone; "Harm. We meant no harm."

"Ginan co katum." Too excited by the fact that she was remembering her own language, she did not wait for Major Ford to echo Dennis' words. There were questions she wanted to ask. Things she wanted to know. From behind her there was a low but audible growl emanating from the throat of her master. The woman looked down at her feet. "Nache Naganti Kanan." ( I am sorry Master Kanan)

"Ginan gak ty yaytay." (We will speak of this later) Master Kanan hissed over her shoulder.

Suddenly the large room seemed to be only two feet by two feet square. The Cha'Dech had made a mistake that was clear to Dennis, she had over stepped the bounds Naganti Kanan had laid down for her. The look in the large man's eyes as he loomed over her shoulder warned of the thin ice she was walking on. On his forehead, Dennis felt a light bead of sweat begin to break. The chain around his neck had begun to chafe him. The silver chain was slick with his own sweat; he fingered it out of his collar and let the silver medallion, the symbol of his birth sign, sparkled against the black t-shirt.

"Ares." The word slipped from her lips as soon as the sparkling silver met her eye. The white man speaking for the group of white people wore the symbol of Ares about his neck. She raised her eyes to look directly into his.

The amulet around the neck of the one called Den-yo did not escape Kanan's attention. He laid a heavy hand upon her shoulder. "Nin, wasa yeti? Odank?"

With her Master's hand pushing down upon her tender shoulder the woman began to speak again, "How did you get here? To this town?" As she spoke, something worse than her eyes raised to catch sight of the glittering silver laying around the neck of the man with the pale blue eyes. That horribly nasty feeling of hope deep in the pit of her stomach rose once again. This time, no matter how hard she tried, it could not be denied.

Dennis looked around to the people on his side of the room before answering, all eyes seemed to agree that he should tell the truth and so he did. "We came through the Quantum Gateway." With his hands he attempted to make the shape of a large circle. "The Quantum Gateway." Once again he pointed to the window and to the land beyond. "Past the caves, out there,....." The eyes of the Cha'Dech were heavy upon him, they seemed to bore a hole straight through his chest.

Maybe it was the feeling of Hope that was rising ever higher inside her or maybe it was the softness she saw in the eyes of the one called Den-yo, either way it did not matter, "You came through N'kte?" The words were out of her mouth before she could even consider taking them back. Without warning the heavy hand that lay heavy on her shoulder pushed her forward, she tumbled down the three steps that had previously walked up.

"Hey!" Col.MacNeill shouted, "don't do that."

Kanan did not appear to hear the Colonel as he knelt over her and planted one knee firmly between her shoulder blades, giving her right arm a ruthless backwards jerk. The other hand snatched out harshly to grasp the nape of her neck, the woman on the floor let out a small cry of pain. "Nasana Cha'Dech." (Be careful Cha'Dech) It was a dark tone that sent a shiver through her body it caused her to shake beneath him. Kanan smiled as set his eyes on Dennis once again.

"Let her go." Dr. Johnson demanded in a low timbre. There was no verbal response from Naganti Kanan but in his cold-fire stare Dennis saw the glare of a man who was daring him to step up to the plate. "I said let her go."

"Mazhena, Naganti Kanan." There was no mistaking the pleading in her voice. "Nye'kwi. Nin dup etum.... Nagonon...." (Forgive me, Master Kanan. I am tired and my head hurts....So long....) "Nin co Cok'Mon gak...." again her voice trailed off for a moment, "nagonon." (It has been a long time since I made the white man speak.)

"Nasana."(Be careful) His voice was threatening, as were his eyes when he turned them upon Dennis and the symbol around his neck. They had said nothing about the woman; it was possible the symbol meant something different on the world from which the Cok'Mon came. "Kon y'git," Kanan waited a moment for her to make the white speak but she did not, "Gak, Cha'Dech." Kanan applied more pressure to her shoulder.

The force of his arm was crushing not only her ill-treated shoulder but also the air out of her lungs. She gasped for breath as she tried to speak. "It is late,"

"Weka nin gak p'buk. Ginan gak wabuk. Agu dup, Ginan d'uk te yan eh ny'kwe."

"To late to speak more tonight. We will speak more tomorrow." The weight of his body leaning into hers eased off but Kanan did not let her up. The feeling of hope was still there and now there was tomorrow to get through. The rest of this night would not be any cakewalk either. It was all too much to deal with now, too much to try to cope with while retaining her proper place. Maybe she would do better tomorrow. She finished her Master's words. "Such a long journey, you must be tired and hungry." Kanan's grip released her.

The large black hand descended before her eyes, she took it in her own and allowed Kanan to help her rise. "Mowtok, baginin. Wabuk. Wisane ginan."

"Take them to...." she stopped and searched for the word, "rooms." The question was clear in her voice. "beds. "still questioning herself. "until tomorrow. Feed them."

Col.MacNeill spoke now. "If it's all the same to you, we'd rather just take our friend and go."

"I don't think you should be turning down his hospitality." Dennis warned.

"Hospitality? Is that what you call this?"

"I'm just saying that we could find ourselves in a cell next to Blood rather than in a bed where we might be free to sort of, you know, roam around a bit." Four guards stepped forward. "Your call, Richard."

"Fine." Richard' lips were tight. With a sigh and a fake smile, he motioned toward the guards that they would go with them.

From her place at Kanan's side, she watched silently as the white people who had come through the N'kte were lead up the great staircase and to the rooms in Kanan's keep in which they would to spend the night.

LBDarling
LBDarling
36 Followers
12