Dear Erica

Story Info
Husband's response to "Torn" gay wife's letter.
1.9k words
20.6k
2
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

NOTE: I wrote this within 24 hours of reading Patricia51's "Torn." This represents my own feelings as to what I would write in a situation like this one. The rambling sentence structure is deliberate. I wrote down whatever I thought as I glanced at the document, hoping "I" could get the response to Erica ASAP and not leave her hanging about my feelings.

I sent this to Patricia immediately (I do that with all my writings) to get her input. She asked me to hold up because she was thinking about some revisions to "Torn" itself. I don't know why it would need revising, but Patricia and I always have tremendous respect for one another and I was happy to wait. She told me to go ahead and publish when revisions went more slowly than planned.

Before you read the story itself, I can't resist tossing in a comment Patricia made in her letter to me. There seems to be a fellow out there who really, really dislikes lesbianism and decries all the stories about it. Patricia's response reads:

You'll probably

get the

shouter (the guy who types in all caps) yelling at you for not having

him

kick her nose first on the street, but heck, to me it would be a

compliment.

*Giggle*

*************************************************

My Dearest Erica,

I have been sitting at a computer terminal in the library writing and rewriting this letter. I didn’t want to write it at home for one obvious reason (the kids might see it) and for other reasons which I think you understand. My allotted time is almost up and I’m just going to write this all in one sitting, so please, please excuse any mistakes I make in typing it.

I can’t tell you what I felt on reading what you gave me, but I can try.

In one way, I was strangely relieved. For the last year, I thought I had “lost my touch.” That sounds terribly crude, but you know how much I wanted to give you pleasure when we made love. You kept reacting differently from the way you used to. But you’ve changed over a long time, not just a year. I really, honestly felt I had gotten into a rut and was doing everything mechanically, assuming it would turn you on. You may not have known it, but when you weren’t turned on, neither was I. Men can fake orgasms, especially since we’ve been using condoms lately. So I would go through the motions and only be happy if you were truly happy, and I think you know what I mean.

So I thought I had failed you. I really thought about going down on you (I still do), and doing other things to make our sex life what it once was. But I know now I was thinking the wrong things. I didn’t know you were gay, because you didn’t know it yourself.

You are right on at least one point. I won’t tell you to get a female lover. I don’t think you know why, though. I think you feel you would have to break all ties with me and totally commit yourself to her, whoever she is. You don’t know who she is. You wouldn’t feel right living with me and searching for just the right mate, so you’d probably move out, take a tiny place somewhere on your salary (no help from me, you wouldn’t ask for it) and trying to find the right woman.

I didn’t know about you making the move on Dee Archer. I’m half glad and half sorry she turned you down. I’m sorry because she is a genuinely nice woman, a caring woman, a loving woman. A lesser woman would have let you sleep with her and then wouldn’t have been sympathetic when you got worried about “cheating” on me, whatever that means. I’m glad because I would have lost one good friend – and also my dearest friend.

That’s what it all means, Erica. You don’t love me just for the sex, or for the money, or even the children. That’s not why I love you. I love you because you are my best friend. I’ve been able to tell you everything. I’ve been able to go to sleep feeling your touch, holding you close and caring for me. I have watched you through your career, through having and raising the children, and through these difficult times.

You don’t know how much it raised my spirits to hear that you still enjoy my touch. I always thought I’d lose my sex appeal and we’d be an old married couple, keeping our distance from each other, fighting all the time, yet unable to let go for reasons unknown to us. You taught me that I still have something to give you.

A lot of the time, people read that women turn to other women because their men don’t provide them with the gentleness and comfort they need so much. I used to think that was horseshit, but now I’m not so sure. After feeling your gentleness and comfort, I can see why you need it so much.

I love to give you what I can because you have given it to me. I wasn’t really surprised about what you felt during sex. The way you go down on me is really a gentle, tender kiss, treating him like he is a little me without the face or the features like the pot belly or the male pattern baldness or whatever. I wish I could go down on you, feel your softest parts, touch them gently, and caress them like your face, back, bottom and everything else.

I didn’t know what to think about you pretending I was a woman with a strap-on. The feeling of being penetrated by someone else’s hard-on is something I can never bring myself to enjoy. I guess I associate it with being raped in prison or something like that. I don’t know the difference between him and whatever women use as strap-ons, but maybe that’s the point. You’re not being fucked by me, you’re being fucked by someone you desperately love and need and for whom you don’t have a name and a face. You can stand it being me because I am someone real. I don’t think you could take it from someone who didn’t truly love you and care for you.

I hope I am not assuming things. But I’ve known all our lives that you are a romantic at heart. You believe in giving your heart to everything you do, and everyone you care for. You wanted to make it with Faith Hill for the same reason I did. Not because of that body, it was because she has the beautiful voice and the beautiful children and the loving home life, and she got Tim and Tug McGraw back together before Tug died. Tug wasn’t a very good guy, fathering Tim and leaving him behind for someone else to raise, but I think he loved his granddaughters and he had Faith to thank for that. She is a loving, caring woman. She reminded me of you.

Time’s nearly up. I want to talk to you about what we can do together. I don’t want us to stay together “for the sake of the children.” That really IS horseshit. They’d figure out in a New York minute that Mommy and Daddy didn’t love one another. I don’t want you to leave me for another woman, and that IS for the sake of the children. I don’t want them to be taunted with cruel words about “your mommy’s a dyke,” “didn’t your dad give your mom enough,” “you have two mommies and no daddy, does that mean you’re a fag/dyke yourself?” Or worse than that. I read about some books that addressed gay parenting, and one of them was called “Heather Has Two Mommies.” Did I show you the cover of that book? It showed this little girl fleeing in the worst terror from some hideous monster. I never bought the book and I don’t want to – I think it’s out of print now anyway -- but I couldn’t stop thinking how bad it looked. Maybe it was symbolic of what little Heather was feeling from the taunts at school or something.

But I can’t stop you if you find the RIGHT woman. Dee is really good, from what I know. Whether she’d truly love you is a question I can’t answer, you can’t answer, and I don’t think she can answer. I don’t know how you go around finding someone to love again. I still don’t know how I found you after losing my first girlfriend. It would tear me up to lose you, but it would tear me up even worse to alienate you like I did her. I looked her up on the Internet and wrote her a couple of times, to see if she had found the man she loved. She had. I thanked her and felt a huge weight lift from my heart. It will lift again if you find true love, but not any other time.

I will say we need counseling. Both of us. I think you need to address your needs and desires and try to accept them, and so do I. If we have to divorce, I want us to still share whatever we can – the children, what we’ve made together, our friends, our interests. I hope that is possible. What I want the most is for us to remain the best friends we’ve ever had.

This may not be what you expected. I didn’t know how this letter would come out when I started it. I thought I might be angry, sad, worried, and I guess I’m all three. But I still want to love you for who you are. Your sexuality has nothing to do with that.

All through this letter, I’ve seen cute college coeds writing and talking about their boyfriends and troubles with them. There were a few guys too, but I didn’t listen in on them. I think that I was truly interested in what they wanted and needed, and whether or not they really had it, or if they knew what they had. Sometimes I forget, too. Sometimes I worry too much about pleasing you and not enough about what I should do for myself. I know I have to love you all my life, but I have to let you be your own woman and tell you to make your own decisions.

I’ll ask you to continue to enjoy my touch, to go into the kids’ bedrooms at night and stand over them holding hands and admiring the people we created with God’s help, to have some sexual fun when you can stand it, and above all to talk. I guess I can live with it if you say no, but I don’t want you to say no to this. When we married, we gave our hearts to one another and I don’t think we can take them back. I can let you fall in love again if you can do it, but I won’t tell you to do anything until you are absolutely sure you have found the right person – me or someone else – to pass the torch to.

And I hope you will always be my best friend. I hope I’ll always be yours.

To the best woman I have ever known, I sign this and await your response.

Jim

  • COMMENTS
7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Fidelity

Fidelity is the bottom line. Relationships, husband and wife, cannot be based on capricious whims or emotions. It is difficult to show emapthy for those who cannot spell empathy (in the slap at jdeere). jdeere was exactly correct.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 19 years ago
i have to agree a bit w Bishop.

It was a good try for a first sit down, but I think the main difference in our approach is the fact that I actually HAVE been in this similar position. Put me at an unfair advantage. Not that mine was better, just different. I wrote mine in one sitting as well, but this is where, sadly, experience won out. I knew how a person like Jim should react. Bishop and Kanga are correct...no one is this calm. You have to match the emotional intensity of Patricia's piece for it to be effective. There is a time to compare and contrast in stories, like what happened with One Slip, but you really have to work at knowing when that is and Torn wasn't the time, IMHO.

But keep up the good work! As they say inthe SAS "Who Dares Wins!"

X_BishopX_Bishopover 19 years ago
A good read but a bit mushy

Cap'n

Bishop here. An interesting read even if I disagree with it. I think you wrote it more to try to accompany Erica's letter than really delve into the emotion and pain of the husband having to confront the idea that his heart and soul for 15 years has for some reason she doesn't know turned away from him. Sex isn't everything but in a good relationship it does matter. You did make some great points about them needing to get help and about the impact on the children. Last thing that bothered me is you made it seem like Jim ran away rather than face the situation right then. In my opinion it weakened the character because at the end of Erica's letter she was going to TELL him face to face. Another commenter already brought this out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Good

Gee...love, respect, emapthy... what beautiful characteristics. I've witnessed in few, but know it's out there. Thank you for showing people honestly do have those feelings. It's not impossible.

I hope the commenter, jdeere, finds that at least once in his/her life.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightover 19 years agoAuthor
Interesting Comments!

I wrote this in a deliberate hurry, and it reflects how I myself would react if my sweetheart told me. Usually I labor over my work, but this was done in one sitting. The 75% poster brings up very good points because of the passage he quoted. In a similar situation, I would leave home and go to the library to write the letter, feeling I would have the most privacy in a room full of strangers. I am reacting the way I would if I have actually read the letter. To the 0% poster: if you don't agree with my sentiments, no problem. You are a different man than I am.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Quick Trip to the Barn No one at the office knew she was a cow.in Fetish
Aiding and Abetting The good guys don't always finish last.in Romance
Torn She pours out her anguish to her husband.in Letters & Transcripts
One Wife's Strategy to Cucking Hub Leading hub to becoming a chastity cuckold.in Loving Wives
A Wife's 10-Year Wait to Date Frustrated Wife waits to become Empty Nester.in Loving Wives
More Stories