Dear Griffin

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SAbitch
SAbitch
406 Followers

"No, I was wrong, because it seems you only wanted something from me! No one fucking even looks my way unless they need something and for you I was only a holiday fantasy and you're fifteen minutes of fame!"

"You are right, I did want something from you, but it wasn't you're celebrity or money! I wanted you, Scarlett! All of you! Do you wanna know a secret? Your fame, money and public image was the three things I found least attractive about you! But you know what, you still have it, you can still bend people to your will and toss them aside like yesterday's trash when your needs have been met! Maybe it's better this way, because you are going back to your cushy life of servants, fame, money and big house on the beach. I am go back to protecting scum that destroy countries and people's lives, sleeping in a tent in a desert with a gun under my pillow. So I wish you luck in your life, I truly hope you find the happiness you're looking for."

Scarlett stood there, speechless and watched as Griffin disappeared into the dark. Braydon walked to her and when she saw the sadness in his eyes at what had transpired she fell to her knees and cried. He bent beside her and tried to comfort the sobbing woman.

"Why does it hurt so much?"

"Because you love her, whether you want to or not, Scarlett."

"No, God no, I can't love her. I just can't."

"Well, life doesn't care about what you can and can't, it just happens."

He got up and dusted his jeans off, "you have two options, either come with me and help me find her because I have the Jeep's keys or go home and forget about her."

Scarlett grabbed the keys from him and started running to the Jeep, he quickly followed and together they drove until they finally saw Griffin's hunched figure walking on the curb. Before Braydon came to a full stop Scarlett was out of the Jeep and ran to Griffin.

"Griffin! I'm sorry, Jesus, I didn't mean it!"

Griffin stopped and turned around, her face expressionless, "what do you want?"

"I was scared, Griffin. You're leaving tomorrow and I don't know if I'll ever see you again. I panicked and needed a way out. Also, I have never been with a woman but I felt such a strong connection with you that I refused to deal with the questions my mind kept asking because I wanted to enjoy the time I have with you. God, Griffin, I love you and I don't want to because we live separate lives and you sacrifice yours daily and I don't know if I could live with worrying about you every day. But like Braydon just told me, life doesn't care, it just happens. I just happen to love you."

Griffin watched the crying woman, her heart breaking and before she realized it she was moving and her arms were locked around the smaller woman.

"I love you too," she whispered and kissed the dark hair.

They stood there and just clung to each other for a long time, kissing softly as the realization of this being their last night together sank in.

"Come home with me," Scarlett whispered, her voice tight with emotion.

Braydon dropped them at the large house and once they were inside the door they started kissing. There was no urgency, just simple exploration and a declaration of their new found feelings. They walked to the room and slowly undressed each other, their lips met and they fell back onto the bed.

Griffin put her thigh between Scarlett's thighs and pressed it against her wet core. She felt the other woman's thigh come up and press against her own needing sex. Their bodies moved together in a slow, sensuous rhythm as their lips sought each other. Both women felt their orgasms slowly building until it released as slow warmth between them. Griffin started kissing Scarlett's neck, making sure not to miss any part of her body as she made her way down the lean body to the warm, soft thighs.

She kissed the landing strip of trimmed hair on Scarlett's sex, taking her time as her lips moved over flesh before darting her tongue between the wet lips and tasting her lover. Scarlett's hips arched off the bed and her heart pounded at the tender exploration as she felt the love of each movement in every cell of her being. Griffin greedily gulped the juices down as her tongue once again became acquainted with her lover's most private area. She speared her tongue and pushed it into the heated core of her lover. Her nose rubbed against the hard clit as her tongue lovingly pumped in and out of her lover. Scarlett's body started trembling and her orgasm overtook her with a force that surprised her but she knew it was more about the love she felt than anything else.

"Scar?" Griffin spoke tentatively as she gathered the woman she loved in her arms.

"Hmmm?"

"I don't want you to come see me off tomorrow."

Scarlett spun around in her lover's arms and looked into the say eyes, "what?"

"It will make it harder to get on the plane and I will already have a hard enough time saying goodbye to you. There will also be a lot of photographers and I don't know if you want the world to know about this," she couldn't hide the tears in her voice and Scarlett buried her face in her lover's chest.

"Right now, I don't care what they know or think. Can't you run off with me? Just don't get on the plane and come with me."

Griffin swallowed her tears, "I can't, I wish it was that easy."

They spent the remainder of the night making love to each other and whispering their love softly, scared that if they said to loud they would wake up from this dream and find themselves alone.

**********

The drive to Griffin's house was made in silence the following day, tears streaming down Scarlett's face the entire way and Griffin tried to console her lover. They stopped outside the house and Scarlett followed Griffin inside, she sat on the bed and watched her lover put her uniform on and grab her duffel bag.

"You look so sexy in your uniform," Scarlett whispered and smiled between her tears.

Griffin kneeled in front Scarlett and took her hands, "when my contract is done, I will come and find you."

Scarlett ran her fingers through the dark hair, "when your contract is up, I am buying an island and taking you with me."

Braydon knocked on the door and smiled sadly at the pair, "we need to leave to make your flight."

The tears began anew at those words and Griffin swallowed hard as she looked at Scarlett, "I love you."

"And I love you."

Griffin walked down the hall and hugged her crying mother, telling them that she would see them soon. After tearful goodbyes and a long kiss from Scarlett she threw her duffel bag into the Jeep and Braydon pulled away from the curb. When they arrived at the airport Griffin greeted her fellow comrades and said goodbye to her brother.

"Make sure Scarlett's okay."

He nodded and they said their goodbyes, he watched as his sister walked up the ramp and remained glued to the spot until he saw the large plane disappear in the distance.

**********

THREE MONTHS LATER...

Scarlett had returned to her life in Hollywood and it almost felt normal but she couldn't fill the void in her heart that Griffin had left when they said their goodbyes. She wrote to Griffin but the replies were scarce and far in between. Braydon kept her posted on her whereabouts and her well-being, always telling her that Griffin missed her. She stared out of the large windows of her house and smiled at the breaking waves, remembering Griffin in every drop of ocean water.

She sat by her desk and pulled her writing pad from her desk, her hands shaking as she started to write.

Dear Griffin

How are you? I know it can't be easy there in desert protecting a country from a president who refuses to step down.

Things are relatively normal here and my movie premiere is tonight. I never thought I could miss anyone the way I miss you but here I am and suddenly I wonder why I didn't stop you from getting onto that plane.

Every time I look at the ocean outside of my window I expect you to come walking out of the water toward me, water dripping from your strong body. But then the alarm or a photographer on my lawn would remind me that you are in some far off country fighting for peace. Every morning when I wake up I feel you next to me and for those first few minutes I would forget that you're not here but reality always calls.

I hope you are well, my love. I miss you with every cell in my being and I wish I could just spend just one more night in your arms and feel your soft lips caressing mine. Hurry home my love, so we can buy that island and run off together.

I love you, God sometimes I still hear your voice whisper those words to me.

With all my heart,

Scarlett.

She sealed the letter in an envelope and asked her housekeeper to post it for her. After taking care of that she slowly made her way to the shower and prepared herself for what the day held in store.

**********

Dear Scarlett

I wish that this year had already passed so I can be with you for real. The only thing keeping me alive in this desert is the thought of going home to you.

Things here are tough, the president who had been removed has built up an army of followers and is demanding his position back. So it has been really cut throat here and we need to be alert the whole time. I can't remember the last time I had slept through an entire night but I guess that comes with the territory.

But when I do sleep, my dreams are filled with you and our time together. Don't even speak about the beach, I miss the water and your warm body against mine when we fooled around in the ocean.

I miss you too, my love.

We will be together soon.

All my love,

Griffin

Two more months had passed in the dessert since Griffin had sent that letter and every day that passed made Griffin ache for Scarlett even more. The letters from Scarlett had stopped coming and Griffin simply thought that the mail had gotten lost. She walked through the streets, her uniform heavy as she held her gun at the ready for any threat that might approach.

"Can we get some water, Cap?" Gary asked when he saw a nearby tuck shop.

"Yeah, that sounds good."

The pair walked through the doors and grabbed water from the fridge, Griffin passed the magazines and did a double take when she saw the front page picture. There was Scarlett, smiling broadly at the camera with a handsome young man next to her, she read the caption on the magazine and felt her knees weaken.

Scarlett da Silva gets engaged to on-again-off-again boyfriend Lucas Moore.

Her emotions ran rampant inside her and she didn't even hear Gary speak to her and the remainder of her patrol passed in a hurt daze. When she reached their quarters she searched for a pen and a paper and sunk onto her bed, the pen furiously scribbling across the paper.

**********

Scarlett accepted her post and her heart sank when she saw the letter with Griffin's handwriting on top. With shaky hands she opened the letter and the tears flowed when she read the words.

Dear Scarlett.

Imagine my surprise when I read about your engagement on a magazine after your letters simply stopped coming. If I am being honest, I never thought you would wait for me, but thought you had at least have enough respect for me to tell me that you have chosen to move on.

It seems that I was right, once you know power and need an extra bit to help promote a movie or song you go to any measure to ensure you get it.

I hope you are happy.

Scarlett fell onto her bead and sobbed until she finally fell asleep. Her sleep was fitful and filled with the hurt face of Griffin. She wished things could be different but she had made the decision based on what was best for her career. The more she thought about the situation with Griffin in a logical way the more she realized that there was no way that they could ever be together.

**********

A week later Scarlett was sitting in a coffee shop with her sister, laughing and talking. They shared gossip that they had heard and Scarlett went through the motions, there was a fear that gripped her heart and couldn't understand the feeling.

Then the entire coffee shop fell silent and the TV suddenly blared

Breaking News from Cairo

In the clip that follows you will see the destruction that was left after a bomb went off in a local mall which was followed by gunfire from hostiles on the acting Special Forces agents. It is said that they were alerted to a threat in town and they responded. In this clip you will see the agents rushing into the mall and trying to clear the civilians out before complete chaos and destruction ensued. Over to Harriett who has more on this story.

Thank you Tom. I am standing outside of the mall where the bomb just went off. We have exclusive footage of the agents as they attempted to clear the civilians from the building.

Scarlett rose from her chair and watched the TV intently as the clip started playing. There was chaos as the team ran in and out of the mall trying to secure civilians and then she saw her, carrying a small child from the building and running back inside. The camera clearly showed Griffin as the blast occurred. Her body was blown back and she hit a nearby pole before falling limply to the ground. Within seconds she started moving again, she rose to her feet and Scarlett went pale when she saw the blood that covered her face and poured from her ears. She stood rooted to the spot when she Griffin raise her gun and start firing at the hostiles that were fast approaching and just when she thought the worst was over she saw multiple bullets strike Griffin and a light spray of blood wafting into the air before she collapsed and the camera went dead.

Scarlett didn't hear the rest of the bulletin as her legs gave way and she fainted. Her love was dead and suddenly her own life felt worthless. She didn't know how long she was out but when she came to she was in a hospital and then the memory of that clip came crashing back and she sobbed.

"Scarlett? Are you okay?"

She didn't answer her friend, simply turning on her side and crying.

"Miss Da Silva? There is someone who has been phoning non-stop. He said to please tell you that she's alive."

Scarlett sat up straight at those words and looked at the nurse, her heart beating a mile per minute.

"She's alive?" she croaked out.

"That what he said, yes. He said his name was Braydon and you know him. He asked that you call him."

With that she took the actress's vitals and scurried out of the room.

"That was her, wasn't it?" her sister asked softly.

"Yes," new tears spilled down her cheeks and she clutched her pillow.

"You really love her, don't you?"

Scarlett simply nodded.

"So, phone this Braydon guy and find out what's happening so you can go see her."

"I doubt that she ever wants to see me again."

"Why?"

"Because I got engaged and never told her. I love her but I agreed to marry someone else, I yearn for her touch but settled for a guy that will never even come close to comparing to her."

Her body shook with her sobs and she pulled her blanket over her head.

"God, Scarlett. I thought you loved him and told her. Come on, phone him and go fight for her. If you truly love her then you will do everything in your power to get her back."

After a long pep talk Scarlett finally dialled the familiar number.

"Scarlett," he said in a choked up voice.

"Braydon, where is she? How is she? God, I need to see her."

"I'm not sure if she wants to see you but I know you love her even though the choices you made were questionable I thought you should know. She is being transported back to South Africa as we speak but they struggled to stabilize her and honestly, it doesn't look good," he broke down then.

"I will make things right with her, I swear I will. I'm going to catch the next flight out."

She ended the call and was soon hurrying home and then to the airport to catch the first available flight. Before she could leave the house Lucas came walking through the door.

"Where are you rushing off to?" he asked the scurrying women.

"South Africa," was all Scarlett said.

"What?"

"Lucas, it's over. When I was there I fell in love with someone and she was there during the Cairo bombing. She got shot, I need to go. I'm sorry," she took the ring off and placed it in his hand before running to the car.

**********

Griffin was in a coma and Braydon was sitting by her side, absently stroking her hand as he fought the tears that threatened to spill. Her face was swollen and bruised, several ribs crack, her right arm broken and three bullets had pierced her. One went through her right shoulder, the other into her chest just above her Kevlar Jacket and the third grazed her neck and barely missed the main artery. Her skull was fractured and doctors wondered how she got up to protect the civilians after the damage the blast did. He prayed that his sister had the will to fight for her family because she no longer believed that Scarlett loved her.

Their mother came walking in with fresh coffee for them both as they both waited for the latest update from the doctor. They weren't certain that Griffin would ever pull out of the coma even after they drained the fluid that accumulated around her brain. Together mother and son prayed that she would pull through because they didn't know if they could survive another blow like this.

Braydon rose from his chair when Scarlett walked in, her eyes were puffy from crying and she looked tired and drawn. He hugged her and held on tightly as a fresh bout of tears hit them both.

"She can't die, I love her too much and I need to make it right. Please, she can't," Scarlett sobbed.

"She won't," came Theresa's tearful voice, "she knows she can't leave us."

Scarlett hugged the older woman and the three stood there and cried for a minute before Scarlett introduced her sister to them.

"This is my sister, Carmen. Carmen, this is Braydon and Theresa, Griffin's mother and brother."

She tentatively approached the bed and saw the long cut that ran from her temple to her jaw, "God, I love you, baby and I was so wrong. I need you to wake up because I need to make things right, please baby, please wake up."

The doctor walked in with a sad smile on his face, "hey, how are you guys holding up?"

"Barely," Braydon said as Theresa braced herself for the latest blow.

"We got some more tests back," he took a deep breath and looked at the broken family sitting there, "she was very close to the blast radius and we have still have no idea how she was able to get up and fight after that. But, unfortunately due to the impact of the blast her eardrums burst and although we cannot determine for sure until she wakes up, she might be permanently hearing impaired."

Scarlett fell to her knees and Theresa burst into tears again as Braydon and Carmen tried to console the women. Things weren't looking good and they prayed that this was the last of the bad news they would receive. Two weeks had quickly passed and Scarlett rarely left Griffin's side, she kissed Griffin's head and lips often, trying to let her know that she was there. Her face had healed nicely and the long cut was almost completely healed but Scarlett could see that there would be a large scar.

She felt the hand in hers stir and she nearly jumped with joy when she saw those beautiful eyes open and look at her. Tears spilled down her cheek again and she kissed the soft lips that was about to speak.

"Water," Griffin mumbled but couldn't understand why she didn't hear her own voice.

Scarlett helped her drink water after alerting the doctor that she was awake. Theresa and Braydon burst into the room and Griffin strained to try and hear their voices but couldn't, no matter how hard she tried.

"Why can't I hear?" she shouted in attempt to hear.

SAbitch
SAbitch
406 Followers