Deep Ellum

Story Info
Hope doesn't think she has a prayer with a sexy guitarist.
5.5k words
20k
12
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hope checked out her reflection in a building front's window while her girlfriends continued jauntily down darkening Main Street in Dallas's Deep Ellum. The jazzy, upscale area of the city's entertainment district was hours away from revving itself up into full party mode. Hope's cousin Lacy had wanted to get out—and home again—early, tomorrow being her wedding. For Hope it was a chance to have a respite from her usual Friday night routine: feeding her fish, filing her nails, yawning at the television.

Her reflection was one of a twenty-three year old business major who had somehow ended up in a bland desk job. She knew what her job was...taking piles of papers and checking numbers against a computer screen...but she wasn't sure what to call it if the need arose. The pay was mediocre as well, and she was still living with her parents while she paid off college loans. Of average height and build, with wavy shoulder-length espresso brown hair and blue eyes, she knew she hadn't the "hotness" that most guys were looking for. She was just...well, average. But like every other warm-blooded woman she longed to hear those words, to have a man hold her close and tell her she was the hottest thing he'd ever seen.

"Come on, you skank!" her cousin Lacy teased, dragging Hope away from the building window's reflection.

"I wouldn't look like a skank if you hadn't made me wear this skirt," Hope complained. The miniskirt and spandex tank top had been Lacy's idea...she and her friends were dressed similarly. But unlike Lacy and the other girls, Hope wasn't petite and thin. She was average, and the skirt barely covered her ass. That meant she had to pull the skirt down to her hips, which meant, of course, that her midriff was revealed from the top of the skirt to the bottom of the very tight tank top. Good thing for Hope that she worked out regularly at the local Y. At least her belly was hard and flat.

For the next few hours the girls barhopped. Hope drank a little, not a lot. She didn't want to be hung over for the wedding the next day. Lacy, who had started out having cautious plans for the evening, became wilder with each appletini she consumed. At the time they should have been leaving to return to the suburbs, Lacy whined and guilted the other girls into going into a jazz bar. Reluctantly Hope followed, not wanting to be the party-pooper.

The bar was jammed and they found a table in the back to sit around. Professional types swarmed around them; the crowd was a little older, more affluent and sophisticated than the girls. Hope felt out of place. There seemed to be no waiter and she wanted to leave. The group on stage had just finished their set and Hope saw no reason for them to stay. But Lacy was loudly vying for service, flagging down a cute waiter and blatantly flirting with him in order to procure drinks quickly.

After another few minutes the music started again. Hope leaned against the wall, bored. The waiter hadn't yet brought their drinks. The music coming from the solo guitar was somewhat tentative. Strains of the melody seemed to speak to her and she glanced at the stage. The man's head was dipped towards his instrument. Hope sat up and squinted her eyes over the heads of the people between her and the stage. Something about the man was vaguely familiar.

At that moment the waiter put a drink in front of her. Hope wanted to grab his arm and ask him who the guitarist was, but her nerve failed her. She tasted her drink, wanting it to be lousy to go along with her general surliness, but discovered it was the best she'd had all night.

Lacy and her friends giggled as they flirted with an adjoining table of young men, but Hope was mesmerized by the man on the stage.

The music he elicited from his guitar was languid and sensual, one moment playful, the next teasing, the next seductive. Hope longed to stand up and sway her hips to the sound. She sipped her drink again, watching, watching, watching, for that moment when he would finally look up.

The moment came when he ended the song and raised his head to gratefully acknowledge the audience's applause. Hope's breath froze in her throat.

"Mr. Robbins," she said in awe.

His head quickly bent and he began another song.

Her cousin and friends were unaware of the name that had spilled from her lips. But Hope knew it well. Kent Robbins owned Rinmovest, the insurance and mortgage company where Hope worked. His grandfather had actually started the small insurance company but it had been Kent's father and then Kent who had grown Rinmovest into a thriving corporation. His presence at the office was mostly erratic, centering on the occasional board meeting. She had met him only once before, at the retirement party of a longtime employee.

Enigmatic was the word she most associated with Kent Robbins. He was thirty-something, with long dark brown hair that he wore in a ponytail at the back of his head, piercing brown eyes under arching black brows, and an amazing face with long dimples in his hollow cheeks when he smiled. Tall and slender, with the build of an athlete and the grace of a dancer, he'd addressed the retiree and others in a voice that sent butterflies swirling in her stomach. His deep voice had a timbre that played her like his fingers played the strings on his guitar, stirring her in a way no man ever had. Throughout the rest of the retiree's party Hope had watched him, wanting to catch his eye, wanting to know everything there was to know about him.

But he was a mystery. She had gone online and googled his name and found tidbits about his life: his college (University of Texas), his birth date (he was a Pisces), his favorite charities (green and global). But as far as the rest of his life was concerned there was a big blank. She knew for certain that he wasn't married and hadn't any kids, but if he were dating anyone currently...well, who was she going to ask without raising suspicions? Anyway, it didn't matter. He wasn't very likely going to be attracted to an average, ordinary girl like her. Men like that wanted the cream, and she was more like the cheese.

The song he played was fast, racy, wild. A few of the women were starting to stand and sway. One girl put her hands over her head and gyrated her hips, to the delight of the men around her. As the clock inched past twelve, a few of the older crowd left, making room for dancers. An audacious woman with Latin looks pushed back a few tables and dragged her partner up to make him dance with her. This set off a domino effect of couples beating a path down to the makeshift dance floor. Among them were Lacy and her new male friend, who hadn't yet gotten in on the fact that tonight was Lacy's last night as a free woman.

The guitarist continued, this time joined by a man on conga drums. The beat was slow and seductive, and Hope could just imagine two lovers on a tropical island making love in the sand by the light of the full moon. Every now and again, Kent Robbins glanced up to watch the dancers. He seemed especially drawn to the Latino woman with the long wavy dark hair down her back, who rubbed her body suggestively against her partner's, making it clear to everyone what she wanted. Kent smiled as he watched her. His eyes roamed up and down her curvaceous body. His smile broadened when she came into contact with her partner, simulating the sex act on the dance floor.

Hope found it hard to breath. So...Kent Robbins was a bit of a voyeur. She watched him watching the Latina, who was wholly and completely watching her own partner, who was totally into her. When the song ended the Latina stepped up on the stage and gave Kent a quick peck on the check, then returned to the encircling arms of her lover as the two of them left in a hurry.

The man on the conga drums stayed while another guitarist joined Kent. It was a rousing duet of dueling guitars. Lacy and her friends danced with their new guy friends near the front of the stage. Kent didn't seem to notice them; he was concentrating on the song, which was by far the most intense so far. Hope marveled at his musicianship. No wonder he spent so few hours in the office. He had an amazing talent to cultivate.

The song ended to loud applause and the second guitarist continued with the drummer. Kent leaned his guitar against a stand and headed for the bar. Hope watched as he ordered and received a drink—but didn't pay—and started across the room to a group of friends who waved at him. Hope didn't recognize any of them from work. An older woman stopped him on the way, flirting shamelessly with him as she pressed her body against his. He politely but firmly dismissed her advances and continued to where his friends were waiting with an empty chair.

One of the women, a tall blonde with the kind of long, pencil-straight hair women would kill for, stood up and hugged him and kissed him on the mouth. Hope felt a pang of disappointment. They all sat down together and talked quietly amongst themselves. After about a minute, Kent stood up and started towards the men's room. The hallway was right there next to Hope. She felt rather foolish sitting by herself and thought of hiding her face, but by then he was looking straight at her.

"Hello," he said and smiled.

Hope had to smile back. "Hi," she said, feigning surprise at seeing him.

He disappeared into the men's room but when he came out a minute later, he walked directly up to her and leaned against her table. "Okay, I know we've met before but I'm really shitty with names," he confessed. "I'm thinking it was at a party a few months ago but the details are fuzzy. And if you tell me we slept together, I'm going to feel really bad about it."

Hope stared at him, her mouth falling open. Would he actually sleep with someone as ordinary as her?

"I'm Hope," she said, putting out her hand. "We met at work, Mr. Robbins. Well, not really met...it was at Julie Bicker's retirement party and I was there."

He was holding her hand and looking at her as though her words carried no meaning. "Work," he drawled. "You mean you work at Rinmovest?"

"Yes, sir."

His lips curled into a suggestive smile. "'Yes, sir'," he softly mocked her, finally letting go of her hand. "I like the sound of that. What exactly is it that you do at Rinmovest?" he inquired, standing back to admire her long torso clad in a short tank top and miniskirt.

"I'm a pencil pusher," she said simply.

He laughed. "Aren't we all." Again his gaze fell to where her excessively short skirt just barely covered her thong. "I take it this isn't your usual work garb."

"Oh, no. It's my cousin's, actually." She nodded to the knot of young people acting their ages on the dance floor. "That's my cousin Lacy in the purple. She's getting married in about fourteen hours and she wanted one last night on the town as a free woman. So here we are. You play very well, by the way," she added quickly. "I mean, like, professionally."

He leaned against the stool next to his butt. "Thanks, Hope. My mother and I lived in Spain when I was younger and I took lessons. It's been a great creative outlet."

"Do you play here often?"

"Whenever the bar's owner needs me."

"Oh, you know the owner?"

"Well, yes. That would be me."

She smiled in delight. "Wow, that's amazing. To own your own bar. How awesome."

"And what's even better..." Kent said, gesturing towards the front door inset with glass. "See those lofts across the street? I own one of those, too. I have a Jacuzzi on my balcony. You wouldn't believe the things it does when the jets are set on high. Really awesome."

Hope gazed into his eyes, her pulse quickening. Why had he told her that? What was he suggesting? While she didn't want to jump to conclusions, she wasn't going to pretend naiveté, either. She was more than just a little aware of him as a man. To be alone with him...inwardly she groaned, desire stirring deep within her core. Yes, her eyes told him. Yes, I would love to see your Jacuzzi...with you in it...and feel the jets turned up as high as they can go.

He bent towards her. "You have extremely alluring eyes," he whispered against her cheek. "And right now I'm feeling irresistibly drawn. Am I moving in the right direction?"

Hope's lips parted. "Yes," she heard herself say.

"Would you come with me?"

The desire flared. "Yes," she whispered, her lids growing heavy as she looked up at him.

"Go tell your cousin," he said, "and I'll make my excuses to my friends."

Hope stood up and moved quickly to where her cousin and friends were dancing. "Lacy," she said firmly in her cousin's ear, "there's someone here from work that I'm going home with. Don't tell your mom. I'll call you when I'm on my way to your house so you can let me in."

Lacy looked dumb-founded but vaguely pleased that her stuffy cousin was about to have some fun.

Hope rendezvoused with Kent at the table and together they left the bar to cross the street.

"What about your guitar?" she asked as he unlocked a door and held it open for her.

"Someone will put it away for me."

They stood in a wide hallway with doors on both sides and an open metal stairway in the middle. With his hand resting imperceptibly on the bare flesh of her lower back, he led her up the stairs to the second floor. There were four lofts on each floor and his was on the corner, directly across from the bar. As he unlocked the door, he held it open for her so she could step in first. She continued through a short vestibule into the living room. Two adjacent walls of windows looked down on the intersection below. Modern furniture stood away from the windows in the center of the room, and a fireplace ran the length of another wall. He tossed down his keys on a little table inside the front door and fished his cell phone out of his pocket, leaving it there as well.

He flicked on a lamp next to one of the sofas. "What's your drink?" he asked, moving to a fully-stocked bar.

"I'm not particular," she said, setting down her purse on the sofa. She watched him mix two drinks with identical liquids. He held one out to her and she took it. "Thanks."

The drink was sour but good. He took her hand and led her to one of the sofas. Together they sat down and looked at each other.

He lifted a hand to touch her hair. "If you're what's at work these days, I need to come into the office more often."

She smiled at him. "I hope it doesn't bother you that I work there."

He shrugged. "I'm sure there's some old fart who would warn me that I'm heading straight for a sexual harassment suit but...." He sucked in a breath. "You're really hot. You're worth it."

Hope put down her glass and turned and kissed him. His lips parted willingly and she plunged her tongue deep into the hot depths of his mouth. With his words still sounding in her ears, she threw her leg over his and crawled up into his lap, straddling him. She held the side of his face with her hands and made love to his mouth with her own. Her hips rose and fell hungrily against his groin; his hands splayed over her ass under the short skirt and he lifted his own hips to grind against her.

His mouth broke away from hers and he put his fingers under the spandex hem of her top and pulled upwards. The top came off her head and he tossed it aside, then looked down at her slight but firm breasts in a smooth white bra. Reaching behind her, Kent effortlessly unclasped the bra and pulled it away from her breasts.

"Very nice," he murmured, tossing the bra aside before taking both of her breasts in his hands and kneading them. His fingers grazed her twin pink nipples and she groaned with pleasure.

"Oh, that feels so good," she said in her soft, sweet voice. He continued stroking her nipples, watching her face intently. "I love the way that makes me feel," she went on. "I'm burning inside, deep inside, way up in my belly."

"That's because there are nerves that run from your nipples to your genitals," he said softly, still grazing her nipples with his slightly rough thumbs.

Hope shuddered. "Oh God, I love the sound of your voice. Every time you talk it's like you're stroking my clit. It's the first—well, the second—thing I noticed about you."

"What was the first?"

"The long dimples in your cheeks when you smile. God, they're so sexy. I just want to lick them."

Kent smiled unintentionally and Hope leaned forward to run her pointed tongue up one dimple and down the other. He moaned loudly and seized her mouth with his own, using his hand to hold her head in place while his tongue fucked her lips. Low, animal noises came from the back of her throat, encouraging him to keep it up. Her body, sliding back and forth over his hardening cock, was saying, "Yeah, fuck me with your tongue the way your dick is going to fuck my pussy."

Pulling back, he thrashed her lips with his tongue, signifying some sadomasochistic act he had in mind. She squirmed against him, telling him with her thighs that she wanted to be retrained. He grabbed her wrists and pulled them behind her. She lifted her breasts to his face and he licked and bit her nipples, making her whimper in pain. He sucked her breasts into his mouth one at a time, sucking and sucking until she thought she would orgasm. All the while he held her hands behind her back. She wasn't a tiny thing and she wasn't weak. He was just big.

"You need to know," he said, tilting back his head to look up at her, "I'm hung like a fucking horse. I hope you aren't a virgin."

"Fortunately, no," she sighed happily. Her one college tryst had been dismally disappointing. At least it had been good for one thing.

"I so want to fuck you," Kent said huskily. "But I want to make it last. I want to make it last for hours. Can you stay until morning?"

Hope thought about her cousin, her aunt, what her parents would say. But she never, never did stuff like this.

"You know what they say," she replied. "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission."

"Do you really believe that's true?"

Hope gazed into his eyes, sensing something dark and dangerous stirring within his soul. He wanted her. He wanted to turn her on for hours. He wanted to watch her lie in his bed and squirm, her cunt exposed, while he teased her into a mindless frenzy. She could see it in his mind...handcuffs...restraints...things that ran on batteries. She could see the things he wanted to do to her soft, yielding flesh. And she wanted him to do those things. She wanted it.

"Stand up," he said.

Hope got to her feet. The front of his pants was covered with her juices. He put his hand to his crotch, rubbing it as though in pain.

"I want to fuck you right now," he bit out between his teeth.

Hope turned and walked away from him, down the dark hallway to the bedroom. She put on a soft lamp and pulled down the black comforter to reveal silky, silvery-gray sheets. There was a tall, easel-backed mirror at the other end of the room near his armoire, and she dragged it down to the foot of the bed. By now he had caught up with her and was standing in the doorway, watching her as he leaned with both hands on the doorframe. She slipped off her skirt and thong, revealing her nicely trimmed bush, and walked seductively towards him.

"Come on, Kent," she purred, running her fingertips over his shirt. "You said you wanted to fuck me. Well, now's your chance."

He stood up straight to unbutton his shirt. Hope backed up slowly, watching him, until she ran into the bed and sat down. He quickly dumped his shirt on the floor, revealing a beautiful chest of thick brownish-black hair.

"Yeah, I know, I'm hairy," he said.

He was very hairy. His upper arms and part of his back were covered with the same dark fur.

Hope gasped and jumped up and grabbed him, pulling him hungrily down to her. She had never imagined being turned on by a hairy man, but now that he was in her arms, he released the animal in her.

12