Defiance Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The prince pushed the innkeeper away, a huge smile he couldn't repress threatening to tear his face in two. "Then we have him. Quickly!" He said, gesturing the men outside and onto their horses. He threw a gold coin onto the innkeepers table.

"My thanks for your assistance good sir."

The innkeeper looked at the gold with wide eyes and an open mouth. The prince hurried outside and vaulted onto his horse. "Not long now, my lord." He called out to the frowning duke. He repressed a smile as he saw the older man scowl. It amused him to watch the flickering emotions pass over the duke's face, emotions he thought he kept so well hidden. He was beginning to get sorely annoyed.

At least the bastard had been relatively easy to track. With his odd colouring he stuck out like a saw thumb and everyone who saw him easily remembered him.

He saw him as dusk approached. A lone figure outlined by the warm red sun, he was walking slowly with his head bowed. He was too far away for the prince to see his facial expression but he could imagine it as the figures head swung around and he saw the twenty men sat atop horses bearing down on him. He froze for a moment, simply staring. Then he ran.

***********************************************

12