Delaney

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once inside the apartment they fell into a sixty-nine on the carpet. She wouldn't allow him to fuck her because neither of them had condoms. He left after half an hour saying he'd be back next evening with condoms but he never came back.

When Delaney met him again when she went to see beautiful baby Annie, Pete was there and introduced Delaney to his lovely fiancée.

CHAPTER 2

The morning Cassandra's husband Henry called that she had lost her voice, the show's late arriving assistant producer was involved in a three-car accident and suffered suspected concussion and was taken to hospital for observation.

The producer and director conferred and they announced the show would be cancelled.

"But why?" called Delaney. "Everyone is here, we still have thirty minutes to go, I have Cassandra's script, let someone do their best on camera."

"Who?" snarled the producer.

There was silence until Bill Hope's assistant called, "You do it Delaney. You have the looks."

"Don't be stupid Ray."

The producer ignored Delany's rejection said, "Have you got the courage to do your best Delaney?"

"Yes but there are more seasoned people around here better fitted to be the stand-in."

"Take Delaney to make-up and get her into a decent top and skirt Jennifer."

The make-up artist asked Delaney was she scared and Delaney said no, she was quite calm. She'd had minor roles in theater at high school and at college.

"But this is not acting, the work is performing the role of a continuity presenter."

"I know and that's okay. I'm a little worried that if I get under pressure I might drop a four-letter word or two."

"There is a slight delay in transmission, long enough to bleep profanities or slurs or whatever."

The dresser said, "Relax honey while I tighten your bra. You'll be sitting so will need to show uplift, not droop."

"Oh god."

"Do you think you can last three hours of filming less advertising breaks without fainting from the pressure?"

"Oh god."

Delaney was seated and could hear the countdown as she also heard Jude the director say, "Remain relaxed and just be yourself and you'll be fine."

Relax and be yourself and thank god you are not on national network TV, Delaney said to herself.

"Good morning New York, I'm Delaney Dee, and am filling in for my boss Cassandra Cassidy who is home with a lost voice and is holding her throat and groaning oh no. The trained stand-in was in a car accident on the way to work and is in hospital under observation for possible concussion. I'm Mrs Cassidy's new personal assistant and began working for her with no TV experience and so here I am digging a huge hole for myself. I see on this screen a message screaming, "For Goodness sake use the teleprompter but I believe it's better I do this my way. Better for me and hopefully better for you."

"I'm new to New York and love it here and intend doing nothing to ruin this show and give this TV station a bad name. I have a written script that I have read twice and so we can say I'm now an expert on what is going to happen on this show during the next three hours. Pray for me Cassandra. Here we go."

"First up is my interview with a former well-known country singer Bess Bell who is now 89 years of age and oh boy, doesn't she look good. Good morning Bess."

"Good morning young lady. You have courage in possessing no TV experience to step in for Cassandra."

"Oh come on Bess, you'll remember the cry the show must go on in your days of being on stage. Golly you must have been singing in the days of legends such as Roy Rogers and Gene Autry?

"Who are they?"

"Come on Bess, don't be naughty. You remember."

"You're too smart for me Delaney. Yes those two really blossomed to become legends during my time. I met them both several times but of course as a singer I wasn't in their league."

"Can you still hold a tune?"

"Alas what comes out now in the bath is an embarrassment."

Looking at the script Delaney said, "Well with me not reading the teleprompter the people out back will be having a fit. You did make a couple of recordings and this is one of you singing somewhere in 1941 and it's called 'I Want to Be a Cowboy's Sweetheart'.

The track played instantly and the singing was really good.

Delaney left her chair smiling and went over and hugged Bess.

"Kiss me darling, you are so sweet."

"I felt I had to do that Bess. Omigod you sang that ever so beautifully way back in 1941. I wasn't born then and my mother wasn't even born then. It seems so unbelievable and it's such a great honor to be talking to you. Do you remember when that recording was done?"

"In a studio in Durango, Colorado I think but my memory is not what it used to be. You know I heard Patsy Montana sing that when I was about fourteen I think and I fell in love with that song."

"Did you marry a cowboy?"

"Now that's a good question. You should have your own show. Well I had some cowboy lovers, if I'm permitted to be so bold on TV. But I married a truck driver who swept me off my feet in the mid -1950s and he remained the love of my life until he passed away thirty-one years later. Singing was my life and he added the dimension of life to my life. He was such a beautiful man."

"Well you keep on loving the memories of your beautiful man former Country Singer Bess Bell. It's been a real honor having you on Cassandra's Show. I have someone screaming in my ear to pause for an ad break so, have a long and healthy life Bess. Wave to the camera showing a red light."

"My eyes ain't too good."

"It's this one on my right Bess," Delany said, pointing. "A big smile please Bess and thank you. We now take a short break and will be back with something. Sorry I've forgotten my line, Delany sniffed. "Wasn't Bess Bell so great?"

During the break the producer came down and hugged Delany.

"You are a wicked girl not reading the autocue."

"Well I'll do that when we return to air."

"No don't you dare. You are a natural. We have calls coming in confirming that and want to see more of you on TV."

"What naked?"

Bert laughed and said you are doing just great. Just remember to glance at your clipboard now and again. We are anticipating you may move ahead or get behind a bit and are ready for that. You are unbelievable Delaney Dee."

"Wow," Delaney said to the make-up artist who was attending to Delany's make-up.

"Delaney we've been told everyone not engaged in urgent business in this building is glued to a TV monitor watching you. Word's out you are a sensation."

"But I can't be. I'm Cassandra's assistant."

Delaney, hearing the countdown, checked the script attached to her clipboard and waited with sweaty palms. She felt like making a dash to the toilet. But she'd have to wait.

When Delaney ended her final interview of a rose breeder, asking him if people paid him to name roses after them and was told "That's a great idea to consider", she closed off and waved to the camera and said, "Get well quickly Cassandra. This task is killing me."

Bert proudly led Delaney out to meet several of the TV station's chiefs and then to waiting media that included news teams from rival TV stations.

The questions erupted and Delaney stood, hands on hips and called, "Hey guys, give me a break, one question at a time. You in the brown jacket, you were shouting something. What's your question?"

And so it continued for forty-five minutes and Delaney announced that's it. Thanks guys. You rivals, remember to name this TV station if you write about us."

An executive called Shirley led Delaney into a side room with a guy and a woman she introduced as one of the station's attorneys and the director of the company's HR department.

"What going on here?" Delaney asked.

"I'm head of TV production and this is about you Delaney. You are hot, or at least you were today as a presenter. We exposed you on-screen and that allowed you to strut your stuff and now we want to make you a generous offer."

"What to tie me into this broadcasting company?"

Shirley looked at Bruce the attorney who said Delaney was very smart.

"I'll tell you what, "I'll sign for my own show for twelve months, preferably an afternoon show for a salary of $200,000. I don't need the money but charities do and so I'll submit a list of ten charities to each get one-tenth on my net income from that $200,000. I don't require a car or an apartment or anything else like that. I wish to remain myself and not be trained and have an adequate support team provided. I require that salary be guaranteed for one year and right of contract renewal if the show succeeds. I require no guarantee that the show runs for a year but it should have some breaks of say two weeks. That's all."

"What if management doesn't agree to those demands," Bruce said.

"Well tough. But first I suggest you watch TV tonight and read what the newspapers have to say about me in the morning. The comments and feedback from viewers and in the press might suggest $200,000 is peanuts. May I go now? I want to take flowers to Cassandra and tell her the show remains hers."

"What if management decides otherwise?"

"Well tough for management Shirley. If they take a hardline I'll be out of here and will probably find someone who wants me."

Shirley looked at the attorney and shrugged.

* * *

Henry Cassidy opened the door and took the offered floral bouquet from the visitor and grinned, "Oh it's you, the credible assassin."

Delaney smiled nervously thinking well that was not necessarily a personal attack.

"Come in Delaney and congratulations for striving to be just yourself on TV. It was a truly amazing display and establishes you as a very nice person."

"Thanks. Er Mr..."

"Henry will do nicely."

"Who is it dad," said the tall guy with curly blond hair, almost causing Delaney's ovaries to somersault.

"It's Delaney who did your mom's show this morning. I showed you parts of the recording I made."

"Ah hi Delaney, "I'm Daniel the son visiting his mom."

"That's a lovely thing for a busy son to do."

At that Daniel looked at her keenly and said, "Yes dad is right, you are a lovely person. Well we only have one mom, don't we?"

Delaney smiled and asked could she see Cassandra.

"Of course," Henry said. "It's apparently a 24-hour viral thing, over as quickly as it came but Doc Watson said it's best that Cassandra remains in bed and doesn't attempt to speak till morning."

"I'll just smile and hold a note to say I'm not after her job."

Daniel said he'd fetch paper and pen.

Henry led Delaney through the Art Deco styled and Art Deco furnished one-level house and said, "Flowers and one wreath began arriving from mid-morning. I'd stayed home and Doc Watson arrived early fortunately and told me to keep the flowers away from Cassandra for the time being because free-flowing histamines in the air might possibly impede her recovery."

Cassandra was propped up on pillows. Henry showed her the fully wrapped bouquet and pointed to Delaney and took the flowers away.

Cassandra held out a hand and Delaney squeezed it and had her hand squeezed.

Delaney held up the note and Cassandra saluted and her eyes lit and spread a smile to her cheeks.

"I foolishly opposed cancellation and suggested someone should step in for you and your understudy and..."

Cassandra held up a hand as a stop sign and she shrugged.

"So you understand and I'm forgiven for risking delivering the worst presentation in the eleven years your show has been running?"

Cassandra nodded and held up fingers as a V for victory sign.

Henry returned to the room.

"Just say goodbye. Cassandra is supposed to be resting quietly. Will you stay for dinner?"

"Yes Henry that would be lovely. I just have to say a wee bit more."

"I faced a media conference when I finished and then an executive Shirley someone with a woman from HR and one of the station's attorneys attempted to tie me down but I said I wasn't signing anything at the moment."

Cassandra pointed to Henry and then struggled to avoid coughing.

"She's saying I'm a senior partner in a law firm."

Cassandra held a thumb pointing up high and then blew Delaney a kiss.

In the kitchen, Henry handed Delaney and Daniel each a glass of red wine and said, "Cheers I'll phone for pizza."

"Do you mind if I look in the fridge?"

"Go ahead but I've looked, there's nothing easy, just a chunk of lamb with bones sticking out of it.

Delaney removed the meat to allow it to rest in the warmer room temperature for a while.

"This is rack of lamb Henry, trimmed and 'frenched' meaning the ends of bones have been scraped clean. It's a traditional presentation."

"Yes for eating but I've not attempted to cook it."

"Well guys, our cooking lesson starts now. Please find me my number one requirement Dijon mustard and then olive oil and then these other things as I call them out."

After that she said to Henry, "What is Cassandra permitted to have?"

"Doc Watson said only cooled broth but we don't have any. Daniel go out and get some from a pharmacy."

"Stay Daniel, look in the pantry for a can of chicken soup, preferably condensed soup."

"I've found it," he said triumphantly.

"Good boy. Pull the tab to remove the top and pour half into a glass bowl."

"Now add a cup water."

"Good now place a small plate over the bowl and place it in the Microwave for two minutes."

Daniel shut the door and looked at his watch.

Delaney sighed and checked that the setting was on high and punched in the cooking time for two minutes.

"I didn't know to do that," he said. Delaney sighed and said he and his father were spoilt.

When the two minutes were up she said to stir the contents lightly. She then took Daniel through the start-up routine and he said, "Gosh is that all to it?"

With that done, Delaney told him to put the bowl on the window sill to cool and to add one large ice block.

"Gee cooking is a breeze."

"The truth is it provides some anxious moments but in reality cleaning up afterwards is the real chore. Cooking is good for the soul."

"You must cook a lot Delaney."

She giggled and Henry who was seated and following the action sighed heavily.

"Why don't you ask Delaney for a date?"

"I'm dating Rosemary at the moment."

"Delaney is more exciting and better looking than Rosemary and could become a client for you because she requires an attorney who is good on negotiation and has had experience in contract law."

"Delaney?"

"Yes I'll date you. Call me when you have ended with Rosemary."

"I'll call her now," Daniel said. "Our linkage has been very casual. She wants to find a business tycoon."

He walked off and Henry sighed and said to Delaney, "In my day we dated and became serious."

"Oh really Henry? And how many females did you seriously date before you settled for Cassandra?"

"Um six or seven possibly."

"So you were a serial serious dater?"

He chuckled and complimented her for being very sharp and that in her next life she should consider becoming a courtroom lawyer.

Delaney poured some of the thinned down soup into a plate, placed that on a tray and found a spoon and gave that to Henry to take into his wife with the message there had been no added salt of other condiments for the good of her current state of health.

Daniel came back into the kitchen grinning.

"That's done. When can we date?"

"Well first answer this question Daniel, why do you wish to date me?"

Any judge in the land would have called his look shifty.

"Come on Daniel, talk to me dirty."

"Because I have this desire to fuck you."

"Oooh Daniel, let's go out for a drink after dinner and get to know each other better. I need you to know I enjoy being fucked well."

He grinned and Henry returning to the room said, "So you smile when you cut ties with a woman you've been dating?"

"Yes dad, providing I'm moving on to better things."

Henry admonished, "You serial daters are all the same."

"Huh?" said Daniel and Delaney laughed, embarrassing Henry slightly. She wondered if Henry had ever used the term 'serial dater' until just then.

The rack of lamb was succulently tasty and the guys told Delaney it was just great and she thought so too.

In the bar of a nearby restaurant, Daniel and Delaney had just sat on bar stools when a woman came up behind them and said, "Miss?"

Delaney turned and the woman gasped and said, "Oh my, you really are Delaney Dee."

Delaney wondered how the woman knew that.

"Congratulations on your TV debut this morning. My elderly mother and I thought you were wonderful."

Ah so that's how she knew.

"I won't distract you from your handsome date. I just wanted to say mom and I enjoyed the way you interacted with those people you interviewed. It was such a refreshing approach, far more than just being friendly. You appeared to almost reach into their souls."

"Oh god is that what it will be like if I truly do succeed?"

"I should think so but remember be can always walk away," he said.

Delaney pressed a knee against his knee and they smiled.

Two more women came up and said they were delighted to meet Delaney Dee.

"Let's get out of here, Delaney said. "I have chilled wine in my apartment.

In the cab she said, "Tell me about yourself Daniel."

Delaney sighed as she walked to her apartment door. She'd dated instead of watching TV news but if she gave the right hints she might well end up being nailed.

She read the note taped to her door and smiled.

'Hi my gorgeous heroine; saw you show this morning. Watch stuff on TV tonight about you. I've saved everything to hard drive for you to see in case you are in a gutter somewhere drunk. Cheryl."

As she was reading the note, Daniel had pushed in hard against Delaney and had cupped her breasts and was practically snorting into her left ear.

"Do you wish to fuck me Daniel?"

He grunted and slammed his groin hard against her butt.

"Oooh."

Daniel had his purpled headed erection out as they went through the doorway. He kicked the door shut and pulled Delaney on to the carpet and groaned, "Suck this."

She had no problem with that. Delaney enjoyed sucking a cock provided she really like the guy and he was clean and not sweaty or overly hairy.

Omigod, she found Daniel was completely shaven. Obviously he was into full-on sex.

Later when he began working her anus open, with a fresh condom already mounted, Delaney thought yes, he really was into full-on sex. Omigod, what a find!

* * *

On the way to the office next morning, Delany picked up a newspaper and red the page 5 article about her headed, 'TV's New Personality' written by the newspaper's entertainment editor, Sharon Andrews. It began:

'Approximately once in every twenty or twenty-five years on TV comes a new-face presenter who has it all, in tons of simplified appeal that smacks you between the eyes and leaves you gaping disbelieving anyone could be this good, this natural. And so it was yesterday morning when the new assistant to the legendary Cassandra Cassidy stepped into the boss's shoes when the show an hour before going live was hit by a double whammy...'

Delaney read on hugely embarrassed thinking these people heaping praise on her were only exaggerating what she'd already have revealed to herself, that she had demonstrated a special quality on-camera yesterday. But a seasoned presenter she was not, no way.

She walked into reception and although it was only 6:45 the two receptionists on duty rose and applauded her. The senior lady pointed to the huge pile of flowers waiting to be delivered and said, "Most of those are for you. We have a half sack of mail that will be delivered to your office soon and your mailbox has been increased four times to take the amount of emails coming in for you, 8700 when I checked the last count."