Demetrius Ch. 10

Story Info
An assertion of sorts.
1.1k words
4.66
9.6k
00

Part 8 of the 29 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 05/31/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 10

"To know oneself, one should assert oneself."

The taxi ride home was a test of restraint and endurance as he remained aroused the entire time. He was afraid to touch, adjust or reposition anything less something unforeseen happen. To add to his torment, he had to pee but wasn't able. Instead he went around straightening up. Something he rarely did but he felt nervous, not knowing what else to do to pass the time. He opened all the windows about six inches not knowing how she'd arrive, thinking she'd possess the same abilities as his mother. He lit a few candles before turning the lights off. He was too nervous to sit patiently so he turned the TV on.

The room was aglow with the flickering light from the candles and muted television when before long there was the sound of knocking on the door, making him jump in spite of the fact he anticipated it. Turning the TV off, he looked through the peephole, letting her in. She was dressed as before except for a motorcycle jacket thrown over one shoulder. When she shrugged her shoulder it fell to the floor with a clicking-thump.

She looked around his apartment taking in as much as she could when suddenly she scurried into his arms. With arms pressed close to her chest and her hands clasped together, she looked like she was praying, bowing her head as well. He held her, feeling her tremble. For some reason she seemed to want his protection. He almost laughed in seeing her stress. With head still lowered and without her looking where she was pointing, he turned to look. He didn't see anything out of the ordinary, awaiting an explanation.

"The cross, the crucifix or whatever you call it. It's very annoying and weird to me. Would you get rid of it please?"

He didn't know what to do with it, deciding to put it in the garbage.

"Break it up first," she said. He did, the noise of it breaking filled the room echoing with the sound of brittle bones snapping. He tossed the pieces into the garbage bag slapping his hands together, signaling accomplishment. He looked questioningly at her, still trying to understand. When she didn't respond he asked why it bothered her. She started with:

"It's a symbol of mankind's gullibility and a hoax set upon him by unscrupulous people in order to provide hope in an otherwise hopeless existence. It's a lie. They tell you you're immortal and your soul lives forever. It's a symbol of deceit and arrogance when you're told god looks human. The whole concept of imposing sin on an advanced species is beyond evil, it's cruel and demeaning and the moment you buy into it, you give away your true nature. The idea of sin caters to the unjust guilt and innocence mankind has for some reason, as though you are dirty. For religion to exploit an inherent weakness in man is evil to us. Anything close to being god would never want man to wage war on each other in his name. Maybe your religion was a good idea in its inception but its run afoul. The reason we find it revolting is simply because we feel a deep sense of sorrow for humans in their being punished in such a way. We think it must have some magical power we're unable to understand. And like you said before, fear of the unknown can be daunting, causing us to behave irrationally."

Obviously her perceptions were very different than his. It was indeed as if she were an alien from another star-system. He wondered if an alien from another world would explain the universe in a way we were unwilling to consider. Though willing to allow her to voice her views, he wasn't sure if he was comfortable with the idea of conceding an unfair advantage to her. As foolish as it may have been, his human pride and ego prompted him to let her know he wanted to be treated fairly.

"It's apparent we've come from very different backgrounds. Maybe our differences will be our undoing and we shouldn't get involved," he said wanting to see what her reaction would be.

"Perhaps you're right. Maybe we're being foolish. But in spite of it, let's not give up too easily. Besides, you want to see a naked female vampire don't you," she said patting his hand. The promise of sex for humans was like dangling a carrot in front of a horse, motivating them to move forward. At least it was what she was told about gullible humans. Also, she wasn't about to let him escape so easily. She purposely ignored his suggestion with regards to ending their involvement too soon, when she might be called upon to do something rash -- something he wasn't prepared for.

"The cross has no magic attached to it. It's a symbol of hope. We like to believe our lives don't end when we die. It gives us a reason to carryon in life with a sense of purpose. Right or wrong, we want and choose to believe there's a reason for our existence," he asserted.

"Rubbish," she said conceitedly.

He chuckled at her arrogance and presumed superiority though a part of him feared she was right. In spite of everything and whether either philosophy was right or wrong he took her in his arms, studying her face as though he was seeing her for the first time, daring to look deeper than before. In an attempt to flatter her and to change the subject he pretended to be a puppy -- panting before licking her cheek. He was rewarded when he heard those engaging sounds inside her throat. She shook her head, almost smiling. It would take him awhile to learn her facial expressions but it would happen one day without his awareness.

She proceeded cautiously walking slowly down the hallway with him in tow, as though she needed him for protection. They stopped outside the bathroom, her eyes searching the walls like someone terrified in seeing a spider.

"Are there any other such items in your apartment," she asked sounding like she didn't trust him, looking concerned. His reassurance didn't seem to matter. She took him by the wrist, entering his bedroom when she scanned the walls. He smiled, almost laughing in seeing her paranoia and what seemed to be a full-fledged phobia on display.

"I'd like to take a shower," she said making it sound like a declaration as opposed to asking permission.

When she entered the bathroom she didn't bother turning the light on, not needing it once she removed her contacts. He lay in bed questioning his sanity while hearing how the shower sounded from within his bedroom for the first time. He grew accustomed to the sound, closing his eyes when before too long he heard the Sounds of Silence: "Hello darkness my old friend," when the visions planted in his brain, still remained.