Demon's Grace Ch. 03

Story Info
Carlos would never give my blade to a demon.
1.2k words
4.55
14.4k
8

Part 3 of the 19 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 03/13/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
akbunny
akbunny
191 Followers

California's night life was just starting to accelerate even as the summer heat threatened to sap all energy from the air. I stood on the grass where my blade had been magically locked in place. I could still see the slit and loose dirt. Carlos would never give my blade to a demon. He trusted them only when they were dead and sometimes not even then. His familiar Latino voice came from a group of hardwood trees to my right.

"Looking for this?"

I turned slightly and looked at him. He was of Mexican descent and only a couple inches taller than me. His hair was shaved close to his head and a silver cross dangled from one ear and around his neck. "What makes you think I am," I laughingly replied.

Suddenly, I smelled Bronti's molasses scent filling the air and watched warily as he stepped from the shadows.

Carlos started to walk towards me, "Bronti said you'd live. I'm glad he was right." I waited for him, refusing to let my sight stray from the dark demon in front of me. Bronti was a shadow demon and when in his true form he was simply a black form. His eyes were a darkness that pulsed and shined eerily.

The hilt of my knife entered my peripheral vision for me to grab. Without focusing on it I grabbed and sheathed it. It was already humming to me, a signal that a demon was nearby. A slight vibration that only I could detect.

When Bronti spoke it felt as if I had syrup dripping down my body. "I can't imagine that Ezra would save you and then leave you."

I sneered and agitatedly replied, "At least he didn't lie to me."

"Is omission not a lie," he purred, never taking a step closer, but making me feel the stickiness of his presence.

I grimaced as I spoke, "It's none of your business."

"As it is none of your business what is between Carlos and I."

Bronti took that step. Instantly I felt Ezra's body lined up behind my own. My blade chimed in my head with his signature. He forcefully pressed his body into the sheath. His right arm flowed loosely around my waist and his left hand barely touched my collar bone. I didn't feel too impaired if I had to react quickly. Secure with the knowledge that Ezra was watching Bronti, my attention turned to Carlos as he jumped back. I watched a knife quickly appear and disappear as he registered who it was.

Carlos had known at an early age what he was. He had been exposed to demons as a child and ran away to keep his family safe. His years of training made him fast and knowledgeable. Ever since I met him I never understood why he was bound to Bronti. It didn't seem logical. But what did I know? I've only known him for three years. I suppose it was stranger still that I decided to be bound to a demon since my mother was killed by one. Carlos at least still saw his family occasionally. I briefly wondered what Bronti did during those times.

Ezra distracted my thoughts as he nuzzled the left side of my neck. He snugly placed his chin in the depression. Out of my peripheral vision I saw Carlos give me the 'look'. I was expecting it. The look always conveyed disbelief that Ezra and I were so intimate with each other. I didn't think it odd. Carlos' look always seemed to tell me different, even though he refused to discuss it.

Ezra's whisper carried through the air, "My staunch supporter."

Carlos just stared at us.

Bronti inhaled deep and said, "Shape shifters."

He turned flinging his arm wide. The shadows followed him, flaring like a cloak. As I watched him walk away he transformed into a tall, black man, the darkness forming about him into clothes. He wore a close fitting, brightly colored knit cap and a long leather duster. His walk so forceful and with purpose that it made me wonder again how Carlos ended up with him. Ezra and I followed slowly, his hand twining in my left one.

Bronti led us to a small bar. It had a local feel to it with all the normal accouterments. Carlos, of course, took the best seat in the house, unless, of course, a monster happened to crash through the wall behind him. Rare, but possible. A person just can't be one hundred percent safe anywhere. I took the next best place to see what was coming at me, against the wall that hid the restrooms behind me. Ezra sat close to my left and partly in the hallway. Bronti sat across from Carlos, but not in his line of sight.

Carlos looked over to me. "You took the attack meant for me."

I nodded and thanked him for getting me out.

"Very convenient she was there," drawled Ezra looking directly at Bronti.

"Yes. Convenient." He shamelessly agreed with a bright smile.

I just smiled widely at Carlos and ignored the glaring demons beside us. Carlos did the same, minus the smile.

A waitress with spiked pink hair walked up to the table and asked if we wanted anything. I ordered a ginger ale, Carlos ordered a beer. She gave us a disgruntled look when Ezra and Bronti declined and Carlos slid her some money for our drinks.

Carlos looked from me to Bronti. "Bronti has a bargain with Taurin that denies him the privilege of killing him. My guess is the same with you."

"Seems that way. What I don't understand is why neither of you told us that until after the fact?" I looked at Carlos to see if he was in agreement with me. I could tell he was when both our eyes turned to Bronti.

He grinned, rather evilly in my opinion, "I wanted to see what would happen."

He continued to hold our stares. I couldn't tell what Carlos thought of this since he was his usual stoic self. I raised an eyebrow and turned to look at Ezra. Our drinks came at that moment and we waited for the waitress to leave.

Ezra looked serene as he turned to look at Bronti, "They are so much fun, our little...," he paused and directed his eyes to me, "...darlings."

Bronti barked a laugh.

Oh, he was so not going to say that. I knew he was not going to say that. It definitely was going to be something that would have me spitting fire, figuratively, of course. I've seen demons spit fire and I certainly couldn't do it. Ezra's eyes had a sparkle in them. I clenched my jaw and stood up, they weren't going to tell us anything. I turned to Carlos. "I'm hungry. Would you like to go somewhere without our little...," I looked briefly into Ezra's eyes, "...assholes."

Carlos nodded curtly and stood. It was not to be though. Our instincts honed at the same time and we watched a demon walk into the bar straight towards us. I felt both demons' powers spike.

"Well, ain't that a bitch," I breathed softly.

akbunny
akbunny
191 Followers