Derailed Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Casey came home with me Monday night and stayed through Friday, continuing her job search during the day when I was at work. We went back to Amelia’s to spend the next weekend. With neither of us able to bear even the thought of a single day apart, we began spending weeknights at my apartment and weekends at her sister’s house.

When she found a job, we packed all her things and brought them to my place. Our love grew stronger every day and, two months after meeting, I asked her to marry me. Casey didn’t give me an immediate answer. Instead, she asked for some privacy to call Amelia.

I took a walk to have a cup of coffee at the corner shop. I returned, an hour later, just as Casey was hanging up. The pensive look on her face told me to remain silent. I sat down and anxiously waited for her to speak first. Keeping her somber expression, she chose her words carefully ending the silence, “Garrett, I love you and want to marry you. But, you need to make me a promise that you can NEVER break. Amelia and I had a long heart-to-heart talk about all three of us. She couldn’t have been any happier in hearing about us. I told her I wasn’t going to accept until the both of you solemnly swore to never mention the past affair the two of you had. That goes both for when all three of us are together AND when any two of us are alone. She’s given me her word and I believe her. Can you make the same promise?”

I didn’t need any time to think it over and answered, “I can. I promise you and I know I’ll never break my promise. It’s you that I love, Casey NOT Amelia.”

Her face lit up with delight, “I believe you, Garrett. My answer is yes, I’ll marry you!”

POSTSCRIPT: Casey and I have now been married three years, still growing more in love each day. We’ve an adorable two-year-old daughter named Alexandra that we call Alex. We’re expecting another child in five months.

After Casey and I got engaged, I managed to swing a promotion for my assistant Sally. Sally caught on quickly in assuming responsibility for managing some of my clients’ accounts. I was soon working fewer hours and finally had the private life I’d put off for so many years.

Amelia and I have kept our words, taking great care to avoid being left alone together. She’s been the perfect sister-in-law to me. Recently, she’s even mentioned marrying the rich Italian shipping magnate that she’s been seeing for several months.

I’ve got everything I’ve ever wanted and am completely happy with my life now. There’s only one last thing I need to do. It may take years for me to find the right moment. But, eventually I’ll find a way to thank Amelia without breaking our promises to Casey. I’ve got to tell my sister-in-law how much it meant to me, the day she walked into life and I was DERAILED.

12