Destiny Ch. 01

Story Info
He loves her?
4.2k words
4
7.5k
5
4
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
NateMD
NateMD
2 Followers

She had no idea the trip to Australia last year was the way to meet him. She went to Sydney for her doctor internship for one year. Thanks to her teaching diploma, she would be able to find a part-time tutoring job to earn extra money. After arrived Sydney about a month, she started working at the hospital for six days a week and took a part-time job as chemistry tutor in a prominent boys high school. After she finished her hospital work on Fridays, she had to go to the school for the two hours after school tutoring. Although she had been a part-time private tutor in Briton for a few years when she was doing her medicine degree, but never in a school for a group of students. Here is her the first day:

Kaitlyn walked in the classroom, the fifteen boys looked at her in surprise because the new tutor was so young. Of course, she was just 23 years old and finished the medicine degree in Oxford. Teaching a year 12 science class was always a challenge, but the brilliant young doctor loved to take the challenge.

"Good afternoon, gentlemen. My name is Kaitlyn Heffernan, your new tutor for the next few months before your HSC exams. Now please pass these papers and don't open it."

After the boys got the papers, one of the boys asked: "What's this? Is it a test? "

"Yes. You got 40 minutes go show your quality, starts now. "

The boys were still talking and complaining.

"39 minutes left."

They stopped and realised that is nonnegotiable, they all tried to concentrate. Obviously they found it hard and too much to do in 39 minutes.

"Time's up, pens' down."

They were all complaining the difficulties and time limit. Then Kaitlyn started to teach and show them how to manage and revise each topic. Actually she was showing them the tips questions of that year's HSC. The way she teach impressed everyone in the room and they had to concentrate in order to answer the questions from Kaitlyn. Jeff was always the funny boy. He asked Kaitlyn how she was so sure that some of the questions must be in the exam.

And she replied: " I don't know, I just guess. You can choose not to believe."

'Can we ask you some questions, Miss Heffernan'

'Sure.'

'Can we call you Kaitlyn?'

'Yes.'

'How old are you?'

'That's too personal.'

'But you said we can ask.'

'Yes, I did. But I did not promise to answer.'

'We would like to know what qualification you owned to teach us.'

'I have a teaching diploma.'

'Just a diploma?'

'Yes.'

'But we are top students in one of the best high school, we are going to study in top universities and be professionals.'

'So? ...Listen, I am not here to teach you what you will learn in the university, my job is to help you all in HSC chemistry, and I believe I am excellent at my job and that's why I am hired to be here. But your results will not depend on me or my performance but your own preparation and ability, you are all university students next year, you are not primary school students, it's your choice to decide whether you need my help.'

Those boys started to look down but some of them are actually surprise on this diploma young girl's excellent teaching skills. Then the class continued. Only 10 minutes left for that two hours tutoring, Ms Hall, who was the boys' chemistry teacher, came in the classroom suddenly. She just finished her meeting and come to introduce Kaitlyn to the boys officially:

'Hello, boys, everything ok? I am sure Miss Heffernan, Kaitlyn taught you more and better than I did. From now on, she will be here to help you every Friday, until the examination period. If you have any questions, don't hesitate, just ask her, she has excellent teaching skills and unbelievable knowledge in chemistry, biology, physics and maths, and she is a very experienced tutor at teaching students for exams, we are so lucky to have Kaitlyn before the exam to replace Mr Austin.'

Then Ms Hall turned to Kaitlyn: 'Kaitlyn, all these boys want to study medicine in the future, can you give them some information about that.'

'Sure.'

'Boys, you want some information of being a doctor, here is your chance, Kaitlyn just finished her medicine degree at Oxford University in Britain and she is doing her doctor internship in Royal Prince of Wales Hospital. Feel free to ask Kaitlyn questions, I am sure she can help you. OK, I have another meeting, see you boys tomorrow.'

After Ms Hall was gone, the boys start asking questions again,

'Kaitlyn, why didn't you tell us that you are a doctor?'

'Not yet, I am just doing my internship. And that has nothing to do with teaching.'

'At least...'

'At least what? A tutor only got a teaching diploma doesn't deserve your respect? Don't judge people so easily. You are all too good in this school, but you still haven't seen enough people outside to judge them.'

'That means we are not good enough?'

'That means you are all still high school students. When you get in to the competition outside, you will grow up.'

'I am sorry for my impolite and language, Kaitlyn. We know you are good'

'Don't be sorry, I know I am good, which can't be denied by what you said.'

That was the first day. But Kaitlyn didn't really notice him, Chase Miller. All she knew was Chase Miller was one of the three smartest boys in that class. And predictably the second and third classes were unbelievable good for those boys. Chase knew he really liked this young teacher.

*************************

One Saturday, the boys were all waiting outside the train station and planning to go swimming together. Suddenly, they spotted Kaitlyn got off a car opposite the street, the big surprise was they saw the lady not tied her long hair, no glasses, no trousers, long dress, with a young gentleman got into the restaurant.

Jeff always speak out the point: 'You know what? I always thought Kaitlyn is just a college student with similar age like us, but now, it seems she is a lady, our teacher, and far away from us high school students.' Justin didn't say anything just like the rest of them, but he really wanted to know who the man was. Her boyfriend? Or just a friend? When they asked Kaitlyn about the man the other day, the answer was 'too personal'.

Two weeks later after the class, Justin was the last person to leave, and he went to Kaitlyn,

'Kaitlyn, I... I want to be a doctor...'

'You want to ask the information about being a doctor?'

'Actually, no, I want to be a doctor, I am sure about my goal and I know I am capable to do that. And I understand what I need to study at university once I get in to medicine.'

'So, what do you really want to ask?'

'I want to know if you can be my private tutor for all subjects?'

'Chase, I can't be your private tutor, I'm hired by this school'

'I know, I know I have the ability to study medicine, but I am not sure I can get in, my first choice is University of Sydney.'

'Don't worry, I am sure you can get in.'

'But I applied Oxford University medicine as well. I have to make sure I can get in, I really want it. I think I am going to have the interview after the exam. I need some help. '

'Chase...'

'Kaitlyn, please. Nobody knows I applied Oxford, I need your help.'

'OK, Chase, I think I need to talk to Ms Hall first, see whether it is ok, would you mind if I talk to Ms Hall?'

'No. Please.'

'I will let you know next class, now go home, don't stress yourself too much.'

'Thank you so much, Kaitlyn.'

Kaitlyn knows that Ms Hall is still at school, so she goes to her immediately,

'He did ask you?'

'Yes.'

'Normally, it is not appropriate to do that. But actually, you can, if he really needs help. That's why you are here, right?'

'I know, but how do you think about Chase?'

'Oh, you don't need to worry about that boy, he is the best student with great personality and he is reliable. He is the only one student that our school would recommend to Oxford this year.'

'I just don't want anything bad happen.'

'Maybe you should contact his parents first.'

'OK.'

Then it was the meeting between Kaitlyn and Chase's parents.

'Hello, Mr and Mrs Miller.'

'Hello, Miss Heffernan. Nice to meet you. Chase told us a lot about you. We really appreciate that you can help him with the exam and interview.'

'Call me Kaitlyn please. I am glad that you understand that, I just want to make sure you both know that this is the my first time being a private tutor here. I'm not sure how much I can help, all the results still depend on himself'

'Don't worry, Kaitlyn, we know our son, he will try his best.'

'I know he is an outstanding student, but I only know him for few weeks, I need your advice.'

'We trust on him to make his own decisions. He always knows what he is doing.'

'That's good.'

'Miss Hall told us you two have the similarity to study at Oxford, he is quiet sometime, he doesn't want to show others his thought. And you seems quiet and polite too.'

'Maybe...' In Kaitlyn's mind was surprising how mature this boy was.

*******************************

They started the tutoring the following week. Kaitlyn went to Chase's home almost every day after school. Days turned into weeks, they started to know each other more and became good friends. Kaitlyn was the only person that Chase loved to share any of his thoughts, problems and happiness. When Kaitlyn wanted to talk to someone, strangely the first person in her mind was the young Chase. His parents were happy to know they became good friends. One day, their parents asked Kaitlyn to do them a favour, they were going to have a party at home on Saturday, but Chase wanted to study and had tutoring, he couldn't stay at home with the party disrupting. So they wanted Chase to have tutoring and study at Kaitlyn's place for one day. That was the first time Justin went to Kaitlyn's apartment. Actually Kaitlyn's apartment was quite suitable for study, one bedroom, living room, one bathroom and kitchen, plus a small balcony. Those two were so concentrate on their study, even Kaitlyn was studying her own internship homework. They would discuss the problems when Justin needed help. After that day, they started to study at Kaitlyn's rather than Chase's to avoid the disruption from Chase's little brother.

For three months, Chase almost spent all his weekends with Kaitlyn, even at weekdays, they always exchanged all the stuff through the phone and internet. At the weekends, they started early in the morning, Chase would drive to Kaitlyn's place in the morning and picked up some breakfast on the way. They ate together, then studied together, watched TV, listened to music and played scrabble together. And what they didn't know was the feelings developed between them became stronger. There was one night, they were still discussing a difficult question, while Chase seemed a little tired and discouraged.

'Kaitlyn, are you sure I can do that? There's always another problem. I ...'

'Why?'

'I can't do that, I am so tired, maybe I am not good enough. '

'That sounds not like you. You are always so confident. '

'Yes, I am. But how can I keep strong when there's no end for the problems. What if I finally fail?'

'Justin, don't push yourself too much, you don't need to be that strong all the time. You can't solve all the problems to go to uni, there must be some problems that you can't solve and no one knows the result. The fear of result is just encouragement but not high pressure, it's ok to relax, to take a rest, then just try your best and enjoy your study, and the rest will take care of it.'

'Thanks, Kait.'

'Kait, uh?.....All right, go home and get some sleep ok?'

'Can I stay for a while?'

Then he tried to close his eyes and fell asleep on the couch.

**********************************

There was another Saturday, they were studying at the table in the Kaitlyn's in the afternoon. When they stayed close to share a book to concentrate on one question, Chase found himself staring at Kaitlyn's so close face and could not take his eye off her. 'God, I never realise how beautiful she is.' Chase thought to himself. When Kaitlyn turned to him, they stared at each other almost 5 seconds, then Chase closed the gap between them and kissed Kaitlyn on the lips lightly, 'Chase, I...' the lips touched again, Kaitlyn took in a breath and Chase slid his tongue through her opened lips into her mouth. The touch of their tongues sent electricity through their bodies. The kiss deepened, both couldn't resist the moment of passion. They stopped abruptly, panting and both not sure what just happened.

'Chase, we... we can't...' There's a long silence, both couldn't find the words to speak. 'I feel a little bit tired, I think we should stop here today, I drive you home.' Kaitlyn spoke first after a few minites.

'Kaitlyn, I ... , ok.'

They did not say anything until she drove him home.

'Kaitlyn, I'll see you tomorrow, ok?'

'Um, ok.'

Obviously they both needed time to clear their mind.

*******************************

Chase had a sweet dream that night, he dreamt about Kaitlyn. All he was thinking about was her, their first kiss and the dream. But Kaitlyn couldn't sleep all night: 'this was not happening, how do I feel? What's that about? Do I have feeling for him? OK, maybe a little. But we can't be together, I am his teacher, and much older than him, I can't cross the line.......' Then Kaitlyn made her own decision. The next day she called Chase's parents and emailed Chase and told them she was sick and could not teach for the next few days. Actually, she was looking for another good tutor for Chase. She didn't answer his calls or replied his email until Wednesday night. Chase couldn't wait anymore, he need to see Kaitlyn, to hear her voice. When he arrived at her door, she's not home yet. He just waited outside. Kaitlyn went out to have dinner with her colleague Robert, who had been chasing her for months. She had no idea why she would agree a date with him, 'I need to have dinner anyway.' She thought to herself. When they were back to Kaitlyn's place, Chase saw them walked to the front door. A pang of jealousy stabled in his gut when the guy kissed her goodbye on her cheeks then drove off. When Kaitlyn turned to open the door and heard Chase's voice,

'Why did you go out with him?'

She turned and found Chase standing right in front of her. 'What are you doing here, Chase?' She stepped in the apartment. He followed.

'I thought you are sick.'

She didn't reply, he felt his anger boiling.

'You're pretending sick, you didn't answer any calls or emails from me because of what? That kiss? You even went out with some guy who you don't like and let him...let him kiss you for what? Avoiding me? '

'Chase...we can't...'

' We haven't even talked!' He was almost screaming.

That's the first time Kaitlyn saw him raised his voice.

'OK, let's talk.' She sat down on the couch and faced to Chase.

Chase tried to calm down a little, still standing there. 'I can't get you out of my head, Kait. We studied together, played together, laughed together, shared our life together for the past four months. Not until that kiss and you were avoiding me, it finally dawned to me that I can't, I can't live a day without hearing your voice... I love you, Kaitlyn.'

'That's not love, Chase. We barely know each other. And you are still a high school student...'

'I 'm eighteen, I know how I feel, and I know you feel the same way about me.'

'Maybe you have some feelings now, but it won't last, Chase. You're young, you can find some sweet girl that match with you in the future...'

'Is that what it is? I am younger than you? A high school student? That you don't trust me? I don't even deserve a chance?' He was shouting now.

'We can't be together. I made my decision.' She was still so calm.

'How can you ignore your feeling? How can you be so calm...so cold?'

She was hurt by the last words but hided it well, 'You don't know how I feel!' she paused, then continued, 'I have contacted another doctor named Kenneth, who was also graduated from Oxford, he can help you with the exams and interview from next week, I'll call your parents later this week that I can't be your tutor anymore.'

A drop of tear was running down his cheeks. 'We were only teacher and student to you? Not even friends? Weren't we?'

She didn't reply. His felt his heart was breaking. Then he left quietly.

******************************

They both could not function properly next two days. All in Chase's mind was Kaitlyn, and he was hurt and angry. What they didn't know that something was destined to happen. Chase was so gloom, his classmates dragged him to the bar to relax on Friday night. Jeff gave him a surprise by inviting the girl Ada who was mooning over Chase for years. She looked so sweet and she hauled Chase to the dance floor to dance with her. Chase was a bit drunk and didn't bother to refuse, gave in and imaged he was dancing with Kait. That's when Kaitlyn spotted him while she was in the bar with her friends. She was staring at him dancing. Then Ada kissed his lips, he froze for few seconds and then pulled away. His eyes suddenly met Kait's over Ada's shoulder. Kaitlyn turned immediately. She excused herself and left the bar. She didn't know what she was thinking, the image of Chase dancing and kissing another girl kept flashing in her mind. She didn't want to think, she didn't want to show that she care, and she definitely didn't want to confront Chase just then. She couldn't. Chase wanted to go after Kait, he didn't care what Ada was muttering when he pulled away, but he was drunk and dodder.

Finally, it was almost ten o'clock at night when he got to her home and was kicking on the door. Kait opened the door and stunned to find Chase standing there.

'What are you doing here, Chase?'

'It was...It was just a stupid kiss. And she kissed me and I didn't kiss her.' She could tell he was drunk.

'You don't have to explain it to me.'

'Yes, I do. And I want. '

'You don't, you are drunk.' She turned away to go back to the living room. He grasped her arm to stop her.

'Don't turn away from me. Don't do it again. '

Tears were running down his cheeks when he was saying this although that he was still drunk and swaying. Kait hauled him to the sofa before he started to fell down. Her heart sunk when she saw him hurting so much. And she knew it. She never thought that Chase would be so serious about her because she was selfish and over protecting herself too much and never thought about his feeling. Now he was hurting and that was all her fault. It startled her that she cared about his feeling so much, and she could not bear to let him hurting. All she wanted was the best for him, no matter what, she knew it from the beginning, but obviously refusing him was the wrong way, which may cost his study and exam. When he was lying on the couch, she went to get a wet washcloth to wipe his face gently. His hand squeezed her hand, he muttered 'Kait...'

'I am here.'

'Kait, ...I am sorry, I ...' He opened his eyes and looked into her brown eyes. He drew her down close and hugged her tight, close his eyes again.

'I was thinking about you, I didn't mean to...'

'I know.' She cut him off. 'Now stop talking and rest, ok? We will talk later.'

'You promise?'

' I promise.' She wanted to pull away, but he wouldn't let her. So she sat down on the couch and let his head sleep on her lap and his arm wrapped around her back. She was twiddling with his hair as they both drifted off. They didn't know how long they slept, not until Chase's cell phone rang, they both jumped awake. Chase checked the screen,

'It's mum, I better take this.' She nodded.

'Hey, mum.'

'Do you know what time is it now? Where are you??' It was midnight already.

NateMD
NateMD
2 Followers
12