Dexter's Renaissance Ch. 13-14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,597 Followers

Billy and Carolyn were having a great time, socializing with the family and the guests. I had invited most of the office staff, including Janice and her husband. I had a chance to talk to him and he was an interesting man, running a small sporting goods company. I wasn't surprised that he and Janice had been married for over thirty years. They both looked very comfortable together.

I think the twins met almost everyone since they were the most intriguing guests. Their Dutch accents and formidable appearance caught every man's attention, and most of the women I suspected. Apparently they weren't bashful about telling how we had met and I wondered just what some of my new relatives would think about that. Oh well, over to you, Michelle. You straighten it out.

Merry spent quite a bit of time with Michelle's sons, since they were the closest in age to her. Carter flew in from Calgary and Kyle from Montgomery, Alabama. I'm sure they were comparing notes on all sorts of things. As I watched, I was sorry Jon couldn't be here but it was a very long trip from northern Chile to Toronto. Money wasn't the issue, it was just that he had only gotten started on this job and hadn't earned any time off. He had promised to come and see us as soon as he could.

I spotted Miles and Rosalind and went over to say hello properly to them. She looked terrific and I could see the look on Miles's face that told me he was smitten. Just a fluke that they met at the picnic but now it seemed to be something more and I was very happy for a very nice young woman.

We promised the twins that we would come to their weddings when they happened. Both of them seemed to think that it wouldn't be too far in the future. For their sakes, I hoped that was so.

Michelle and I stayed to the very end until the last of the guests departed. Among the last to leave the reception were my parents who couldn't say enough good things about the wedding and our new friends and family. I'm sure my father would have loved to have learned more about the twins but I doubt mother would have approved. We would have a late brunch tomorrow morning at the hotel where Michelle's family was staying. A baker's dozen of us would get together once more before we all headed to our respective homes.

We were tired but not so tired that we didn't celebrate this wonderful day in the most intimate manner. It was a warm, slow, comforting lovemaking that we enjoyed that evening, finally drifting off in each other's arms. For me, it was a dreamless sleep. The ghosts of the past were gone and my mind was clear of any doubts. I had found someone to love and who loved me in return.

We drove Merilee to the airport Sunday afternoon, kissing her goodbye with a promise that we would see her soon, either in Vancouver or here in Toronto. Apparently, she was planning to return to attend a trade show early next year that would bring her up to date on the latest in styles for interior design.

Michelle and I were scheduled out on a flight to Miami two days hence. We were taking a ten day cruise in the Caribbean and naturally one of the stops would be Sint Maarten. We would have enough time in port to rent a scooter and visit the various spots I frequented so I put that on our agenda.

As I reflected on my good fortune in the recent past, I wondered how it all came about so seamlessly. Was it my turn? The devastating blow of Sandra's infidelity and greed had prompted me to act in a manner that I was unaccustomed to. Michelle was right. I had changed and it was a change for the better. I was a great deal more confident. Why not? First the twins, then Tom & Wolf's belief in my abilities. And when a beautiful, desirable woman tells you that it's you she wants, wouldn't you feel confident?

Michelle was beside me, not just physically, but emotionally and, in fact, in our business. She was participating and making my life so much better than I had a right to expect. She had suffered a deeply wounding blow with the death of her husband but, like me, she found a new life. I planned to make sure that she never for a moment thought it wasn't a better life.

END

As always, my thanks to ErikThread and DaveT for their helpful suggestions and skillful editing. Any errors are mine alone.

coaster2
coaster2
2,597 Followers