Diagnosis Murder Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pelaam
Pelaam
1,330 Followers

Jesse had succeeded in freeing Steve's erection and had wrapped his hand around the thick shaft. Steve found himself unconsciously thrusting into Jesse's hand, enjoying the slow build up of sexual tension.

"Roll over, Angel" Steve instructed and Jesse moved slowly to comply, reluctant to leave Steve's touches. As he lay down, Steve slid a cushion under Jesse's hips to elevate them and keep Jesse comfortable. Kissing the nape of Jesse's neck, Steve began to work his fingers inside Jesse to prepare him for penetration. Jesse was still loose and somewhat slick from their earlier love-making and the thought sent a jolt to Steve's already achingly hard rod. He lavished lube over the length and pressed inside his Mate's body.

"Oh, Steve! Love you, love you" Jesse cried as he felt Steve enter him fully. It didn't take long for both men to come hard. Jesse's wail of completion drowned out by the roar from Steve. Rolling to the side as his climax ended, Steve curled protectively around Jesse's sated body.

When his breathing had settled, Steve grudgingly acknowledged the need to clear things away and be heading home to avoid driving in the dark. He smiled lovingly at his sleeping lover. He knew Jesse had worked extra shifts at the Hospital to be able to have taken this day off and so wasn't surprised at his Mate's tiredness. His smiled turned feral as he slipped off Jesse's shirt, leaving the young man completely naked. He used the shirt to clean himself perfunctorily. He tossed Jesse's clothes into the basket with their finished picnic items. He put the basket into the back of the truck and pulled out a thick fleece blanket. Wrapping Jesse in the blanket on which he lay, Steve buckled him into the truck. The thought of Jesse next to him in the truck covered only by the blanket was causing the older man's cock to twitch. He hoped Jesse would take it in good stead. He tucked the thicker blanket within easy access and buckling himself in the truck began the drive home.

It took another half an hour before Jesse woke up and the younger man was shocked to find himself naked in the front passenger seat. However, seeing the look in Steve's eyes, Jesse decided it was worth feeling somewhat nervous to indulge the bigger man in something he clearly wanted. Smiling flirtatiously, Jesse angled his head towards Steve. Indicating the blanket with an eloquent hand he asked "So you want to explain this?"

"You are OK with this, Jess?" Steve asked anxiously. "I'll give you my t-shirt and get your chinos..."

"Steve it's OK. I feel naughty and debauched, but not uncomfortably so. I can see the fleece blanket, so I can cover up more if I want. Just...why?"

"Big time fantasy" Steve confessed, blushing faintly. "Having a naked, nubile young lover next to me as I drive along the open road is a fantasy I never thought I could have. I couldn't leave you uncovered though, Jess. I don't want anybody seeing your body except me and your doctor"

"Who just happens to be your Dad" Jesse giggled.

Steve smiled happily. He loved the musical sound of Jesse's giggles and if the young man was happy enough to giggle, then he couldn't be too uncomfortable. Glancing sideways at Steve, Jesse queried "So do you have other fantasies?"

"Yeah" Steve replied. "You?"

"Yeah. I'd like to be your love-slave for the night" Jesse whispered, blushing furiously.

Jess!" Steve exclaimed. "I think we need to have a long talk when we get home. Driving with you as good as naked beside me and talking fantasies like that one will have us crashing." He glanced over at Jesse, grinning widely and gave into the temptation to reach quickly inside Jesse's blanket cocoon to touch naked flesh.

"Steve!" Jesse yelped. "Hands on wheel now, hands on Jesse later."

Steve waggled his eyebrows and both men laughed easily, comfortable in their intimacy.

They arrived home without incident. Both men giggled like teenagers as Steve tried to manoeuvre Jesse out of the truck and into his arms without the blanket falling open and displaying Jesse's nudity. Steve cradled his precious bundle to his chest as he began to walk towards their home. They were so engrossed in each other they failed to notice Mark who stood smiling at their antics. He quickly took in Jesse's bare feet and legs, which were displayed up to mid-thigh, and the bare arms and shoulders. Raising an eyebrow as the two men finally noticed him, he casually enquired

"Do I even want to know?"

"Jess and I were just...communing with nature, Dad" Steve improvised. He felt himself smiling broadly as Jesse buried his face in Steve's chest, the shaking body and muffled giggles showing the smaller man wasn't too embarrassed.

"I see," Mark said seriously, causing the two younger men to laugh out loud. "How about you two boys communing with the shower and coming to my place to have dinner with me. I'd like some company" Mark said laughing.

"Sure thing, Dad" Steve agreed.

"I'll even help empty the truck" Mark offered magnanimously. As Steve carried in his lover, Mark trailed behind carrying the basket. The three men were blissfully unaware of a malevolent gaze that watched their loving camaraderie. Nor could they hear the threat uttered in a cold, hard voice.

"Enjoy them for now, Sloan. Soon they'll be gone. Tomorrow sees the beginning of your retribution"

At Community General it was another busy day in ER. Both Jesse and Mark were on duty and both men were on shift till the evening. Jesse was happy despite the activity. There hadn't been any fatalities to deal with. He had Steve to go home to and the memories of the previous day's love-making. In addition, Steve had been interested in Jesse's fantasy. Jesse's mind was working on how to best indulge his fantasy whenever it was quiet enough to think. The young doctor nibbled on a chocolate bar. He hadn't stopped to eat properly so far and his energy was waning. He glanced at his watch. He had a break coming up and would need to indulge in a caffeine fix. He knew Steve wouldn't be happy he hadn't eaten, but working out ways to have his fantasy had pre-occupied his mind when ER work hadn't. He smiled softly as he finished the chocolate, thoughts of his big, gentle lover running through his mind.

Mark Sloan had returned to his office after completing a ward round. His eyes immediately lighted on the plain white envelope on his desk. Picking it up, he saw the single printed word, 'Sloan'. He opened it and removed the single sheet of paper. Typed in the middle was the threat 'Today your retribution begins'. Mark frowned. Tucking the paper back into the envelope, he put the envelope into his inside pocket. He didn't feel it warranted calling Steve. He would, however, show it to his son that evening. From experience he knew he couldn't afford to ignore the threat. However, he had patients to see and determined that they came first.

At the time Mark was leaving his office, Jesse was heading into the doctors' lounge. He got himself a coffee, when there was a knock at the door. A nurse stuck her head round smiling and handed Jesse a Starbuck's coffee container.

"Someone's a lucky boy" she smiled. There was a card with the cup. It simply said 'Jesse from Mark'.

"Cool," Jesse enthused. "Starbuck's mocha. One of my favourites."

"What is?" asked Amanda as she joined Jesse. "Ooh, Starbuck's coffee. Nice"

"It's from Mark" Jesse said. "Not expected but really welcome."

"Jesse Travis" said Amanda sternly. "Do not tell me you've existed on coffee and chocolate again today"

"OK" Jesse smiled mischievously. "I won't."

The two relaxed together for a few minutes before an emergency had Jesse sighing and putting the unfinished coffee in the bin. Amanda found mocha too bitter and Jesse didn't relish the idea of warming it later.

An hour later a frantic Mark and Amanda were trying to soothe Jesse as he repeatedly vomited uncontrollably. He lay in Mark's lap as Amanda tenderly smoothed his hair back from his sweat-damp face.

"What have you eaten, Jess?" Mark asked anxiously. He'd arrived to see Jesse just as the young man had clutched at his abdomen and begun vomiting. Amanda had happened along at the same time and had bleeped for a gurney. Jesse simply shook his head, words too much effort.

"He had some chocolate and that Starbuck's mocha coffee you sent him that I know of" Amanda offered.

"What Starbuck's mocha?" Mark asked worriedly. "I didn't send him any coffee."

"It might still be in the lounge" Amanda said jumping to her feet. "I'll run a check on the contents"

"Call Steve" Mark instructed, holding Jesse tenderly as a bout of dry heaves had tears running down the distressed young doctor's face. "Get him here. I'll get Jesse's stomach pumped and have blood screening done." He rocked the younger man instinctively as Jesse whimpered with the pain. "It's going to alright, Jess" he promised. "Here!" he shouted as porters arrived with a gurney. "Get him into a cubicle; I'll be there in a minute." Mark delayed long enough to call for the equipment needed before racing after the young man he regarded as a second son.

"Dad? Jesse?" Steve's voice, laced with fear carried into the cubicle in which Jesse lay recovering from his stomach-pumping. Leaving Jesse with the nurse who had assisted him, Mark slowly walked out to his son. "Dad? What's happened to Jesse? What's going on?"

"I'm not sure, Son", Mark said carefully. "I need the results of Jesse's blood tests, but I think someone laced a drink with an emetic. I've pumped Jesse's stomach and he's getting an anti-convulsant to counter-act the urge to vomit. It hit him quite hard. He's completely drained. I want him here until the blood tests confirm my diagnosis. Once I know for sure that's the problem, I'll be happy to let him home. He'll rest better there and rest will do him the world of good."

"But why? I mean...is it a joke gone wrong? What?" Steve asked sensing there was something his father hadn't said.

With a sigh, Mark handed Steve the note. Steve read it, and then put it in a plastic evidence bag before putting it in his own pocket.

"I don't see how my suffering retribution could be linked to Jesse being hurt. But I think the emetic was put into a coffee that was purported to have come from me. Jesse wouldn't have drunk it otherwise. Why hurt Jesse?"

"I don't know, Dad" Steve replied. All his instincts as a cop told him this was no coincidence. "But I promise I'll find out" he said through clenched teeth.

"All done, Dr Sloan" a voice cut into their reveries. "Jesse's responding well. The vomiting urges have gone. What he needs now are rest and fluids." She smiled reassuringly at Steve.

"Can I sit with him, Dad?" Steve asked anxiously, looking more like a scared child than a self-possessed Police Lieutenant.

"Of course," Mark said smiling. "He will be woozy and probably sleepy. Don't expect too much of him. As soon as the toxicology reports are in I'll look at releasing him."

Steve nodded and hurried into the cubicle. His stomach lurched at the sight of his normally bouncy and energetic young lover looking so pale and drained. The young man's pallor was in stark contrast to his normal healthy glow.

"Steve?" the young man's voice was a pained whisper and it galvanized his bigger Mate out of his shocked stillness. Steve was at Jesse's bedside instantly, catching hold of the flailing hand and pressing it to his lips before nuzzling it to his cheek.

"Don't speak, Love" Steve said solicitously. He smoothed Jesse's hair away from his forehead and gently stroked the revealed skin. "Just relax for me, Jess. Dad's got everything under control and I can take you home soon. He placed a finger to Jesse's lips as the fragile young man tried to speak again. He replaced the finger with his lips and felt Jesse relax. "Not yet, Jess. Shh. Sleep, Love." For a few minutes Steve whispered endearments and reassurances interspersed with chaste kisses until he felt Jesse relax fully and a sigh heralded the younger man's descent into sleep. "I'll find out who did this, Jess" Steve promised his sleeping lover. "They'll wish they'd never been born" he snarled quietly. Making himself as comfortable as possible, Steve settled to keep vigil over Jesse, holding tightly to the smaller man's hand.

The labs and Amanda worked rapidly to analyse the coffee and Jesse's blood sample. It was an obviously relieved Mark Sloan who confirmed to Steve that it had indeed been an emetic in the drink that had caused Jesse's vomiting. However, Mark was still concerned as Jesse had received a dose more in keeping with someone of Steve's large and bulky build, rather than Jesse' diminutive and slender form.

"I don't know whether the large dose was deliberate or the result of ignorance" Mark sighed. The elder Sloan had taken up position sitting on the bed at Jesse's other side, across from his son. He reached out to Jesse's face and stroked the still-pale cheek. "The good news is he's responding well to treatment and now I know why his reaction was so violent, it's OK to take him home."

Steve had tried to put Jesse to bed when they got to Mark's beach house. But the older man was too wired to sleep himself and each time he'd tried to leave Jesse, the younger man had whimpered and held tighter. So for now Steve was stretched on his father's couch and Jesse lay wrapped mummy-like in a thick blanket between Steve's legs. Mark sat in a chair opposite and reassured his concerned son that Jesse was just reacting to the shock and drugs. Steve had no problems with Jesse using his chest as a literal body pillow. He was relieved to see some colour was returning to Jesse's face and that the earlier restlessness was giving way to a deeper, healing sleep. If the smaller man stirred, Steve simply petted and soothed and Jesse quickly settled.

"You could turn in, Dad", Steve offered. "I just want to stay awake a while, see if Jess wakes up and needs anything."

"In all honesty, Steve", the older Sloan confessed," although I know Jess needs sleep, I'd like him to wake up before I turn in. Add to that the things running through my mind and I doubt at this time I could sleep. I keep wondering if the letter and the attack on Jess were connected. I feel they were, but if I'm to suffer retribution, why hurt Jess?"

"My instincts say the same thing, Dad", Steve replied. "But I don't know why Jesse would be targeted. Possibly the idea is to isolate you from friends." As he spoke the big detective instinctively tucked Jesse closer protectively. His arms tightened around the precious bundle held close to his chest.

"Are you comfortable, Steve?" Mark asked.

"As long as Jesse is here and safe I'm fine" Steve replied.

"Steve?" a tiny voice queried.

"I'm here, Sweetheart" Steve replied.

"You 'k?"

"I'm fine, Hon" the bigger man swallowed past the lump in his throat.

"Mark 'k?"

"He's fine too, Babe. You were the one hurt, so how about 'how's Jess?'"

"Stomach doesn't feel too good. Tired" the young doctor confessed. "Was it an emetic? Do we know who or why?"

Mark brought a glass of water over and helped Steve rearranged Jesse to allow the young man to drink it slowly.

"You need rest, Jess" Mark stated. "Yes, it was an emetic and no we don't know who or why. However, I received a letter warning me of impending retribution. But that doesn't explain why you would be given tainted coffee."

Steve helped Jesse to his feet with Mark's assistance and then swept the younger man into his arms.

"Like Dad says, Jess" he said. "You need to rest. Tomorrow I'll start a full investigation." He smiled as he felt Jesse's full weight in his arms. The young man was already asleep.

"Take him to bed, Steve" Mark smiled. "I just want to make sure we're locked up secure." The older Sloan's smile faded as the two men disappeared. As relieved he was that Jesse was recovering, the concern that he'd been hurt at all weighed heavily on him.


The next couple of days passed without incident. Steve hadn't been able to determine anything about the coffee. It had been left at the Nurse's station with the card for Jesse. No-one had seen who left it. There were no more notes for Mark. Despite this, there was an air of unease. For an experienced detective like Steve Sloan it was extremely hard. His cop instinct warned him that things weren't over. He sighed heavily. He decided to head over to Community General. If nothing else, the sight of his now fully recovered lover would lift his spirits. As he parked his truck, Steve was unaware of the hostile gaze that noted his arrival or of the softly whispered threat of "Phase two, Sloan."

Jesse was back in his busy routine. He was aware that both Steve and Mark were still concerned about the note and the attack, but when busy and active, the young doctor effectively dismissed the incident from his mind. As he strode towards his designated ward round, he was approached by a young nurse.

"I have a call for you, Dr Travis" she said.

"Jesse Travis" the young man said into the receiver.

"Jesse, it's Steve. I'm hurt. Front car park. Hurry." The voice was broken and gravelly and Jesse wouldn't have recognized it as that of his lover. Under other circumstances, that might have made him think twice. But following him being attacked, Jesse immediately believed the assailant had now struck at Steve. Without thought for his own safety, the slender man ran for the lifts. As he entered the lift he saw Amanda.

"Amanda" he shouted frantically. "Tell Mark. Steve's in the front car park, hurt. I'm on my way to him now."

"Right," Amanda replied turning to race to Mark's office. As she reached the door, it opened and her eyes opened wide as Steve Sloan followed his father out. Both men stared at her with shock as she cried out "Oh dear God... Jesse."

Jesse ran into the car park and quickly located Steve's truck.

"Steve. Steve!" he called without answer. "Please don't be too hurt, please, please" the young man begged. "Steve, its Jess. I'm here, Big Guy." Jesse was on the verge of a panic attack as he called unsuccessfully for the man he loved. He was so focused on finding Steve, he was oblivious to the car that slowly emerged behind him and began to drive towards him like a predator stalking its prey.

Steve, Mark and Amanda ran out of the hospital in time to see a black sedan accelerate towards an unaware Jesse.

"Jesse!" Steve screamed his lover's name, but it was too late. The three of them watched in horror as the car shot forward, clipping Jesse's left side and spinning the young man to the floor. It continued without slowing and vanished from sight. Outside of the car park, the car was abandoned. The driver shedding layers of coat, scarf and hat as they made their way back to Community General to observe the results of their latest attack.

Amanda ran back inside to call for porters and gurney for Jesse as Steve and Mark ran to the stricken young man.

"Jesse. Jesse, can you hear me?" Mark asked as he ran his hands over Jesse's body trying to assess the level of damage. Jesse had a cut and bump on the right side of his head and was glancing dazedly around him. Mark was immediately concerned by potential concussion.

"Steve," Jesse murmured' "Steve's hurt. Gotta find Steve." Jesse tried to raise himself to continue his search. "C..can't find S..Steve." Jesse couldn't stop the moan of pain as he tried to move.

"No, Jess. No, Love", Steve groaned, trying to immobilize his young lover. He lined himself in front of Jesse to allow the hurt man to see him. "I'm here, Babe. I'm fine."

"Steve," Jesse whispered. He lifted his left hand to caress Steve's face. The tender, loving gesture caused Steve's vision to blur with tears as he caught the hand holding it to his cheek to both receive and give assurance. The caress was frighteningly weak from Jesse and the hand went limp as Jesse's eyes rolled back and he collapsed in Mark's arms.

Pelaam
Pelaam
1,330 Followers