Dig Two Graves Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
winterfoxx
winterfoxx
380 Followers

"That was Jake's room they entered," Bill adds quietly. "That was the same night as the photographs. They were in his room for only twelve minutes. There were in his room during the time period the photographs were taken. If you wish I'll play the tape again and you can see they are even aware of the security camera and go to great lengths to make sure their faces are never exposed to it. Do you want me to replay the tape?"

Vicky looks over at Susie who is now wringing her hand a little more aggressively. She seems to have lost a little more color. Vicky looks back up at me and shakes her head.

"I only have one more thing we want to show you," Bill explains. Again he reaches down and pulls out one more folder. "These are your copies," Bill says as he hands over the folder containing two sets of blowups. He then reverses the tape to 1:23 AM when the elevator doors first open.

"Do you see the chrome trash can in the right lower hand corner?" He asks.

Neither of them says anything. "This is important. Watch!" Bill says firmly. It is an order more than a request. Susie looks and stops wringing her hands.

"Yes I see it." She says dispirited.

"Look at the first photograph. This is a snapshot of that frame in the tape." Tossing the picture on the table, they see basically the same thing as what is being shown on the TV.

"Now look at the second picture. This is a blowup of the lower right corner of the first picture," Bill adds while I toss another picture. The picture clearly shows the top rounded portion of the chrome ashtray.

"Now look at the third picture which is a blowup of the second picture," Bill says.

I glance across the table at the picture now in front of Susie. The outline of the trashcan is now lost, but the appearance of images in the chrome is apparent.

"And last, this is a blowup of the third picture," Bill says.

Again I glance at the picture in front of Susie. Shown are two people both wearing long coats. The smaller one on the right has frizzy hair like Heidi. The one on the left is a taller man. As we saw last night the appearance is grainy from the blowups but it's quite clear, at least to me, who it is.

"It's not a very clear picture," Vicky states.

"It may be difficult to present in a court. But I don't think that's necessary is it? It only has to have validity in this room. And I think all four of us know exactly who it is."

Susie drops her eyes to her hands again. She seems to have disassociated.

"Susie," I add. "We even found the prostitute in the pictures. She won't sign an affidavit but she will come up here. She's identified Schmidt as the man that paid her. She says she was told it was all a prank. And she will also tell you that she thought I was drunk or something because I never moved. She'll also tell you that my pants were still on the entire time and that we couldn't have fucked because I didn't even have an erection."

I can hear Susie crying. A part of me remembers what we have had together and desperately wants to go to her. But another part remembers what she has done recently, and wants her to hurt as much as I do.

I realize that Susie was correct earlier. I had lied to myself about the "not winning at all costs." Yet so far I discover I am still losing. We are both going to lose.

Vicky puts a hand on her shoulder and looks up at me. She says her client needs a little time and that they will get back to us.

I bristle a little at that. After all I've been put through. I want her to get down on her knees a beg me to forgive her. I'm about to say something when I feel Bill's hand on my arm. I look back to Susie and then Vicky. Vicky mouths the word "please?"

I nod. Bill and I stand and turn to leave. At the door, I stop and look back.

"Susie," I finally say. She looks up at me, her eyes flooded with tears. I feel my heart tugged in separate directions and have second thoughts about saying anything further. I wave dismissively as I turn without a further word. The door clicks loudly as it closes behind me.

Wednesday 1:00 PM

Bill and I are escorted into the same conference room in which I met the review committee on Monday. The same five members are present. I smile at Tom and Kristy as I sit down and hold a seat out for Bill.

Just prior to the meeting I had a quick conversation with Tom Weston. He confirmed that he had mentioned Heidi's problem to Hinckley. Heidi certainly had an HR type problem and since Hinckley was the Executive HR Director it was her department. He was surprised when I told him, with only the barest details, about Hinckley's personal involvement. Tom was also able to confirm the other item. He did remember Schmidt buying that last round of drinks for two reasons. One, because Schmidt had taken so long and two, he actually noticed that the bottle of water that was on the tray didn't have a cap on it.

Kristy clears her throat in an effort to start the meeting. "Excuse me," Kristy says. She stands and extends a hand across the table. "I don't believe we've been introduced?" She says to Bill.

"You must be Kristy Evans. Mr. Vickers has told me a lot about you. I'm Bill Benner. Mr. Vickers has retained me as his counsel.

"I see," she says solemnly.

"Mr. Vickers," Kristy says formally. "Surely you know you are not permitted external representation."

"I know I am entitled to representation," I respond.

"Yes you are, but internal representation. This is not a court of law. We must follow HR policy which does not permit outside interference."

"I do not believe it is possible for me to receive unbiased internal representation. As such I require external representation. If you feel differently then I see little reason for us to continue this meeting at this time." I rise to my feet, followed quickly by Bill.

Kristy looks down at Tom first who nods, and then at Hinckley who shrugs.

"Mr. Vickers," Kristy says dryly. I have been appointed as special counsel for this situation and I have been appointed by the partners to resolve this issue. An emergency meeting was conducted last night with all partners of this company as well as the members of this panel. After much discussion it was decided that your employment with this company has been terminated. The severance offer tended to you on Monday is still valid but only if you sign it now. In addition, you will need to sign a document stating you will not seek any further civil procedures against the company.

I slowly settle to my seat. "This was decided last night?" I say haltingly.

No one responds to my question. I glance to my left at Tom Weston who grimaces. I realize at a glance he was outgunned in that meeting. I look straight ahead at Kristy who has a slight mist in her eyes, doing what she can to maintain her composure. "This day is not turning out exactly as I planned ..." I think to myself.

I feel emptiness inside, a sudden loss. I had poured years of myself into this company only to be forced out by trumped up charges by some fucking jackass. I glance to my right and lock gazes with Schmidt. The shit-eating grin on his face is too much ... or perhaps just enough ... to flame my insides.

I look back at Kristy. "It was agreed on Monday that I had until midday today to report back to this panel with my response to the charges against me."

"That offer was a courtesy and was non-binding," Kristy says dutifully.

"Non-binding?" Bill speaks up from my side.

"Mr. Benner," Kristy quickly says. "You have no status in this meeting and I will need to have you escorted from the building if you cannot refrain."

"Oh shut up," Bill says, surprising everyone in the room including me. "Christ, now I remember distinctly why I didn't go into corporate law!"

"Mr. Benner ..." Kristy interrupts.

"You'll hear me now," Bill interrupts back. "Or you will hear me in court. And I can assure you that what you hear in court will not be of your liking."

Without pausing for an answer, Bill precedes to lay out all the original charges and evidence that we had uncovered the past two days. It was actually pleasant for me to sit back and watch. I especially loved watching Hinckley. She must have turned five or six different shades of bleach white to crimson red as her personal involvement in this scam was revealed. I especially liked the shades she turned when Bill explained how she used the information given by Tom Weston to persuade Heidi to sign the original document. But the best was when he described the hidden print codes and the badge data. Bill also hammered on the point that the emergency meeting held last night violated their policy in terminating my employment. He also made a point my termination was not only based on trumped up allegations, but that criminal laws were broken by upper management in creating forged documents, and that company resources were used in the commission of the crimes.

"As such," Bill winds down. "Your original offer is completely unacceptable."

"Then according to the parameters decided in our meeting last night, I'm afraid we will have to withdraw our severance offer," Kristy responds.

"Excellent," Bill responds. "Your organization has performed a great service for my client by withdrawing the offer. It opens the door for my client to file not only civil charges for wrongful termination, but also opens the door for criminal charges to be brought against not only the organization but specific executives. However, given that my client has contributed a significant part of his life to this organization and still has some fondness, he will entertain an offer that is at least 250% greater than the severance offer you have withdrawn. In consideration my client will agree not to file a civil suit against the organization, one that he would easily win. My client will also not provide any information to the District Attorney regarding criminal acts. Additionally my client will sign a non-disclosure and a non-competition agreement. However, my client reserves the right to sue individuals for grievances that have been done to him outside of the purview of the company."

Bill has been talking non-stop for fifteen minutes or more. His sudden silence leaves a verbal vacuum in the room.

Kristy clears her throat. "I will need to present this to all of the partners."

"I'll give you until end of business tomorrow."

"I'll need several days just to prepare them," she counters.

"You held two emergency meetings in a period of 48 hours. I'm sure you can manage one meeting in the next 36 hours. I will prepare our documents to file in court tomorrow. If I have not heard from you by end of business tomorrow with a satisfactory answer, we will file with civil court first thing Friday," Bill says firmly.

"How will I contact you?" Kristy asks.

Bill extracts a business card and slides it across the table.

Kristy smiles and picks up the card and then glances to her left at Hinckley and Schmidt. "I will need to see both of you in my office right after this meeting. I will start with you Ms. Hinckley."

"I have several meetings this morning. I can see you this afternoon," Hinckley explains. Schmidt nervously sits back in his chair.

"No," Kristy says. "You can follow me to my office now. If you need to cancel any meetings, my administrative assistant will do so for you."

Kristy looks to her right. "Tom, could you please escort Mr. Vickers and Mr. Benner to the door?"

Tom nods and the meeting breaks up. Tom chuckles as he tells me that the other managing partners will easily cave into the new package once they see all the shit that's been going on. We exchange gratitude for years of being colleagues. He tells me to let him know where I settle and not to be a stranger. Lastly he says he's not going to escort me out. He figures I know where the door is and he's not too worried about me stealing a printer or anything. We shake hands and I see him quickly head down the aisle, not toward his office but toward Kristy's.

Bill and I laugh as we proceed toward the door.

"So do you think you won asshole?" I hear behind me as we pass a vacant conference room.

I wheel to see Schmidt leaning against the door jamb.

"Aren't you suppose to be taking your medicine in Kristy's office right now?" I jab back.

"Fuck that shit," he laughs.

"You know they are going to fire you," I goad. "That evidence you forged was just good enough to be bad."

"So what! There's a better paying jobs at dozens of other companies." Schmidt laughs and steps back into the conference room.

I quickly begin to follow when Bill grabs my forearm.

"You don't want to do this Jake," He warns.

"I have to do this," I say, and step into the conference room, closing the door behind me.

I walk directly up to Schmidt. He stands a few inches taller but it doesn't intimidate me.

"You'll never get that partnership now Jackass. In fact, you'll be lucky if you stay out of jail."

I drop to my knees as pain explodes across my face. I never figured, nor saw, the forearm that crashed across the bridge of my nose.

Dazed I hear him laugh.

"You've always been such a fucking wimp. Fucking lawyer wimp," He laughs.

I struggle to get my head cleared, my vision to focus ...

"I'll give you one thing," he continues. "You are a good fuckin' lawyer except for one thing. You don't see the big picture, or at least not anywhere as well as I could."

"I'm going to fucking kill you," I mutter.

Schmidt laughs. "You see Vickers, you proved my point when you came in here and started talking about the partnership and evidence. Do you really think this was all about the partnership?"

"Of course it is wormbrain," I mutter. "It's what you've been after all along. That and how to fuck me over."

Schmidt laughs again. "You see ... you're still proving my point. This had little to do with any fucking job. This was about your wife! Ever since I first saw her at college I wondered what it would be like to have my balls pressed against her ass ... or her chin. I knew you could never appreciate a piece of ass as good as she is. I knew somewhere inside her was a slut just waiting to burst out, and that I was the man that would know how to open her cage. Unfortunately the bitch wouldn't give me the time of day back in college, but she sure as hell does now. And do you know something Vickers, I was right. She is a first class slut and an even better cocksucker. I've never seen anyone learn to deep throat cock as fast as she has. And the way she begs me to feed her cum ... fuck she's one hot slut. I got a friend whose cock is even bigger than mine and I've talked her into trying his cock and letting me film it. If you want I'll send you a copy." He laughs.

"You piece of shit," I hiss, my vision starting to come back into focus.

"You fucking wimp!" He roars. "You don't get it do you? You lost asshole. I've been in your bed fucking your wife every single night since Friday. You fucking cuckold! Do you know she begs me for more of my cock. She can't get enough. Hell, just a few hours ago I called her up and told her I had lunch for her at my office. When she showed up, she locked my office door, stripped down to her g-string and heels, dropped to her knees and sucked my cock like a harlot that hasn't eaten in a week. I can't begin to tell you how good it was with my fingers in her hair, fucking her mouth. It only took me a few short days, asshole, to take your wife and turn her into my personal whore. I've turned your wife from a respectable assistant DA to a complete cockwhore. And you're the wimp that let me do it. I ought to do your wife a favor and just beat the shit out of your pathetic ass."

Schmidt then bends over slightly and whispers, "... and just between you and me ... she told me she now loves the taste of cum."

My vision sudden clears in blinding fury as I lash out from my position. Standing haughtily over me, I snap my head back and feel the back of my head smash into his nose. Leaning back as much as I can, I throw the hardest punch I possible could directly into his groin. Schmidt's loud explosion of air and swearing was enough for me to stagger to my feet. I look down at Schmidt. He's bent over, holding his crotch with one hand, his bleeding nose with the other, cursing me with what little breath remains in his lungs.

I don't hesitate. I bring my knee up as hard as I can directly into his face. Even with his hand covering his nose his bellow of pain brings only a smile to my lips. I allow myself a brief trace of satisfaction as Schmidt topples over backwards, one handing holding his nose and the other holding his groin.

"I've only begun to fuck your life over ..." I say. I want to kick his face in. It takes everything I have to turn and walk toward the door.

Bill looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "You make your lawyer's life interesting," he says. "Are you OK?"

"I've felt better," I reply gingerly touching the bridge of my nose. "But I'm not bad considering."

He smiles. "Let's get out of here."

"One thing first," I say as he groans. "Seriously I have to do this. Follow me please."

I walk only a short distance over to where Marketing was located. I go directly toward Schmidt's office and have mixed emotions about finding his administrative assistant at her desk.

She watches me approach her desk, a look of apprehension and surprise on her face.

"Betty," I begin. "I don't want to get you in trouble. I just want to know one thing. Was my wife here yesterday?"

She looks at me and sighs. I close my eyes in pain as I see her nod.

"Did she go into Schmidt's office?"

She nods again.

"And the door was locked?"

She nods again.

"Thank you Betty. I appreciate your honesty."

I look up at Bill. "Let's go Bill." I say resignedly. "There's only one way to play this game now."

Thursday -- 11:00 AM

As Bill and I take our seats, it's apparent the cluster bombs Bill dropped in yesterday's meeting had generated a lot of collateral damage. Today's meeting only involved four of us. Bill was there as my representative and only Tom Weston and Kristy Evans were representing my old company.

"Where are the others?" I ask.

"The HR review panel was dismissed as your employment situation has now been settled Jake," Kristy says a lot less formally than the previous day. "We're simply negotiating the terms of your severance package."

I nod my head, realizing behind the faint smile on Kristy's face there was a lot more being said than expressed.

"Jake," Kristy starts. "After meeting with all the partners, your terms were accepted except for the monetary portion. They have agreed to increase the amount to three million."

I raise my eyebrows in surprise and look at Bill.

"That offer only amounts to a 50% increase," Bill challenges. "That's considerable less that the five million we are seeking."

Kristy looks at Bill. "That's our offer," she simply says.

Bill and I look at each other. We both shrug as he extracts a folder from his briefcase. Bill hands the folder to Kristy. We watch as she opens it up. She was unable to suppress the surprise that laced her face.

"What's this?" She exclaims. "You're suing for ten million? That's twice what you asked for yesterday!"

"As I indicated yesterday, our position was not negotiable. You have executives that were included as part of an executive review process forging documents, on company time, and using company resources," Bill explains. "The entire termination process enacted by this firm against my colleague was a conspiracy involving some of the highest members of this firm. And if that wasn't enough, my client was physically attacked in this building by one of your senior execs."

"I'm aware of the physical confrontation Mr. Benner," Kristy responds having re-adopted a formal tone. "It's a matter of interpretation as to who attacked whom," Kristy says. Again I see the slight trace of a smile in the corner of her eyes as she glances at the twin black eyes left by Schmidt forearm across my nose.

winterfoxx
winterfoxx
380 Followers