Dinner Break

Story Info
Coworkers find way to spend break together.
2.5k words
3.83
18.7k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In the decade since she had graduated from college and came to work as a medical secretary at Andrew Rollins Memorial Children's Hospital, Maya could be sure that certain truths held, regardless of situation. Full moons meant strange and busy nights. A unit never has the proper amount of nurses. There are always too little or too many. If a patient is admitted at five you will see no paperwork until seven, regardless of how many times the records clerk at the referring clinic swears she faxed them. Most importantly if a pediatrician is young and handsome, and especially single, he is either cocky or gay. Always. They certainly believed they could have their way with anyone they wished, and for the most part, the belief went unchallenged. Maya herself had a few friends personally test this truth out first hand, and come up with it faithfully intact (even if their egos were not). Something about an attractive young doctor of small children gave him the impression that he was God's gift, not only to women, but also to humanity as a whole. It was as if the total package; looks, brains, compassion, and the ability to surround oneself with small and needy children and actually heal them; was too much marriage material for any woman to steel herself against. Usually this was actually true, but Maya wasn't buying it. That is until Dr. Colin Mainfield was hired as the newest attending on her floor. While she had long since become immune to the charms of a confident doctor, something about Dr. Mainfield seemed less contrived and condescending. Especially when he looked Maya straight in the eyes and said the only words coming out of a doctor's mouth that could have shocked Maya, "Can I do anything for you?"

Maya scanned his every move, dissected his every sentence for that hint- that inflection- that suggested he was better than her; that suggested that he thought she'd probably be good for one of two things, taking off orders or taking off her clothes. She could find no hint of that at all in Dr. Mainfield. This begged an entirely different question, what was his angle? What did he want, if anything? She couldn't bring herself to believe, to hope, that his motives for human decency were entirely innocent. She thought maybe it was sexual. Maya had to admit a part of her burned when she knew she would see him. She knew his tone and inflection when he spoke to her were all wrong for that particular motive, even when uttering the most innuendo-laden aside he sounded like an innocent schoolboy. She would actually find herself goading him on, but never reaching the point of lasciviousness. Sex might be important to him, but it wasn't what he seemed to be seeking. He most likely got it regularly enough, she thought bitterly. Through general conversation, she learned that his family was fairly well off, the owners of a popular, exclusive ski lodge in the Rockies. Which meant he wasn't looking for someone to pay off his med-school loans. She could usually jump straight from there to the "mother-figure" conclusion, except the man seemed unusually self-sufficient. Although he consistently made sure everyone on the staff was taken care of, from the director to the janitor, he never seemed to want anything himself. Every time he laid something down; a stethoscope, clipboard, coffee; he always remembered to clean it up before left. He needed no one to pick up after him. She almost found herself looking for ways to take care of him, some primitive female instinct fought hard against his ability to need nothing. She brought him food and drinks, and offered to run errands for him that had another doctor asked her, would have elicited a hearty laugh. She didn't understand him, and worse, she didn't understand herself around him.

Colin Mainfield was tall. He was the kind of tall you needed to bring your face up into the light to speak to. The kind of tall that defined masculinity, the kind of tall that made women prone to daydreaming, such as Maya, picture holding and placing an ear in just the right spot to hear his heartbeat. He had brown hair and brown eyes. These were traits that never would have attracted her years before, when blond hair, blue eyes, and a felonious rap sheet would have turned her head. Long ago, when she was young and naive and untouched by the burn of an evil man. She now thought dark hair and dark eyes seemed thoughtfully sleepy, sweetly sexual; a combination she found irresistible. He had eyes that belied his mischievousness. When he said something even slightly naughty they sparkled, making her feel that she liked what he was saying. His smile was wide and his lips slightly crooked in that way that made Elvis such a fantasy when he was young. They matched his eyes in their mischievous quality. He made her every nerve tingle, and she couldn't yet tell whether that was a good or bad thing. She found herself lost in reveries at work. She pictured him in various states of dress and undress and placed him in dozens of locales and in scores of positions. This embarrassed her to the point of holding her cards close to her chest, and she could see the surprise in his eyes when she behaved cool towards him to overcompensate for her smothering, sweltering desire to taste him.

That alone frustrated her the most. She had always held a high work ethic, had always considered herself the consummate professional in her behavior towards her co-workers, yet the thoughts running through her brain distracted her to the point that she could feel her work slipping. If he wasn't present in the hospital, she could function perfectly; yet when she knew he was in the building, occupying the same space and she, she found herself mentally playing games, such as "where could we go to be alone?" She had them entwined in each other in the elevator shaft, necking in the clean storage, ravaging each other near the now-vacant pharmacy. She thought of all the places where a couple of oversexed, underserved co-workers could have a private groping session.

One of her favorite fantasies involved him bending her over the extra desk in the office storage room, torturing her in the only way a man truly knows how to deliciously torture a woman. She could close her eyes and feel the material of her skirt pushed straight up to her hips, fingers gripping the edges of the empty desk for support. She wanted to feel him pounding into her warm flesh until she was so ready and squirmy that an explosion was imminent, and then he would change tempo and dragging his cock so slowly in and out of her that she could feel every vein in excruciating detail. She imagined kicking and thrashing until she came so hard she had merely the energy to lay her face on the smooth desktop.

She admonished herself for thinking such advanced thoughts when he had given her no special signals beyond "accidentally" rubbing her hand while passing her a folder. Her skin broke into tiny, fevered goose bumps when she remembered the feel of his skin and how he had blushed when he apologized for dropping the paperwork inside the folder. He was too sexy for his own good, she thought to herself.

She liked to make stupid excuses to talk to him, and she was becoming adept at small talk, something Maya usually sputtered and stuttered through. She never knew how long he could talk, or how much he would say, so she also became an expert in departing gracefully. When she came upon him at a deserted nurses station, she saw an opening for conversation, and was about to say something witty and topical when she realized he was dictating a note over the phone. Her hopes were dashed and she was about to grab a file she could claim she was looking for and exit when he whispered her name between breaths into the phone. He motioned for her to wait, which she did, trying to strike a nonchalant pose. He finished up the discharge of a 14-year-old girl with cerebral palsy and asked her if she wanted to grab a bite to eat. His entire team had gone to dinner without him earlier and it was too late to hit the cafeteria or roach coach. A thousand other times she would have thought about it and politely declined, but he looked ravenously hungry, and she was just getting off her shift anyways. She could eat.

They got to the parking lot, into her car and halfway to the nearest all night burger stop when both of them realized they had no cash on their persons. She felt like such a dumb ass. She had gotten so internally overworked about actually having her fantasy man in her car, made lists of potentially embarrassing items in plain view, hoped it wasn't too messy, prayed she wouldn't crash trying too hard to be sexy and fun, that she had ignored the last open ATM in the area. Maya hated to seem so obvious, and really didn't want to look as easy as the offer sounded, but she suggested they go to her apartment nearby and grab some cash, and was relieved that he agreed without too much comment. The feeling in the air made her glad she wore the new panties and bra that matched rather than her everyday functional underwear. She embarrassed herself just thinking of the possibilities. They pulled into the lot and parked without incident, although she felt as if her neighbors were all watching her and Dr. Mainfield- Colin- walk into the complex.

She had a feeling some of the older ladies would be cheering her on if they were watching indeed. He was paged immediately after entering her apartment, a godsend in disguise, because now his entering comments would be unspoken. She kept a "comfortable" place, which meant she hadn't vacuumed any time recently and the clothes she had worn the day before were on the bathroom floor. He used her phone in the other room, answering a quick question and then requesting not to be bothered for anything but emergencies. She could hear his end of the conversation, and bubbled over in anticipation of their impending aloneness. She could hardly contain the feelings that were rushing from her toes to her brain, relief, joy, excitement, at the heart of it, lust. Every tiny part of her body twitched with the longing of what she knew had to occur. Even if he never broached the subject, never made the first signal, she doubted she could contain herself in this seclusion, this close proximity. Her slender fingers tingled, her stomach churned, an uncontainable smile washed over her; and below her navel, her most feminine parts flushed with color and simultaneously throbbed and ached with the knowledge that she was moments away from expressing herself completely.

She wished he would hang the phone up and come into the room already. She began to be restless, pacing like a lioness in heat. She ran her fingers through her long curls yet one more time. She felt phantom fingers trace her spine, giving her hot flashes and chills at the same time. If he didn't wrap it up soon, she would have to relieve herself to the thought of him. He knocked on the kitchen door, causing it swing open and her body lit up like the Vegas strip. He seemed to be able to sense intuitively what she needed and as soon as the door swung closed behind him, he grabbed her. With one hand tangled in her hair and the other lifting her chin he closed his eyes and bent in for the kiss. If she hadn't already known he was hungry, she could have guessed by the way he gently sucked her lower lip and brought his tongue in languidly to taste her mouth. If she had possessed any of her faculties, she would have been thankful she had just applied berry lip-gloss to her lips rather than the medicated stuff. Her faculties, however, had vacated her body, along with her breath and her ability to stand.

Using mostly the force of his mouth and one hand wrapped around her waist, he backed her into the wall until she was propped up against it, which was fortunate because she felt as if she was falling to the floor. He felt this happening and lifted he up, totally supporting her weight in a tight embrace. It was a surreal surrender the likes of which she had never felt, but hoped she would frequently feel again. They found a hundred places to put a persons lips on necks and faces, they used their tongues as exploratory devices, feeling and tasting each other out. He managed to get he dress over her head without letting her go and she maneuvered her fingers around the strings of his pants until the fell uselessly to the floor. By the time he had her nude and was sampling the pleasures found between her neck and navel, she had a new strength to wrap her legs around his waist; then in a trick her body seemed to teach herself, she used her feet to slip his boxers down to his ankles. She lifted herself up, positioning her nipples teasingly in front of his face while she positioned herself over the head of his cock and slowly enough that he could feel the warmth of her before he ever entered her, she lowered herself onto him in a way that made them both straighten up in seeming shock. His arms were muscular enough to hold her and bounce her on top of him, until she kissed him hard enough that they toppled to the floor, knocking over a vase from the counter.

Neither seemed to notice or care about the accident. Wet from excitement, exertion and perfumed rosewater spilled over their chests, they slipped onto and into each other in a harmonic rhythm. He touched her everywhere, never ceasing to find a whole new area to explore as she rode him, first forward, then backwards, leaning into him until he was able to hold her and control the pumping of their bodies himself. She gave into him and allowed herself to fall into that euphoric trancelike state right before she was about to come.

He could tell by her guttural moans and the shivering of her hips that she was almost there, and thus sped his tempo up, matching his thrusts to the way she squeezed his thigh with her hand. She came and he continued pumping, drawing her out farther and farther until she thought she would have to beg him to stop for the overwhelming feeling of it, when he finally came with a loud yell through clenched teeth. She leaned into him and closed her eyes, smiling and panting as her heart rate began to settle. She couldn't decide what she wanted next, food, sleep, or more of what she had just tasted.