Distraction Ch. 01

Story Info
"Anastasia Hughes," They call my name.
782 words
4.1
4.3k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~ "Anastasia Hughes," They call my name.

I practically float over to the podium. I feel as if I could cry with happiness; and I just might.

I reach for the envelope, my hands shaking with excitement. I look around, what's that noise? A bell, maybe. ~

I close my eyes, and when I open them again I'm in a room; a classroom, full of people hurrying around.

"Ana! Hurry up, I don't want to be late." Terri pulls me from my chair.

"Because being on time once is going to change your whole record." I say sarcastically.

"Bite me." She retorts.

"Do you have anything to say today?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Happy birthday bitch." She pulls me into a hug, "How dare you turn eighteen before I do!"

We walk down the hall laughing, and being idiots, in general. The next class is math, and boy, do eighty minutes go by fast when you're not paying attention. But something's different today; or is it someone?

I feel eyes on me. I look around in front of me, everyone is looking at the teacher. I look at Amaya; or is that Miranda? I can never tell the two apart. I look behind me.

That must be the new kid. Oh boy, he is go-od lookin'. He smiles at me. Ohmygod! That smile will be stuck in my head for the rest of my life!

"I'm Alex," He smiles.

"I'm Ana," I can barely breathe.

"Do you by any chance know the answer to number four?" Of course, he's pretty, not smart.

"I think it's nine?" I say.

"Actually, it's thirteen." He says, "You carried the six wrong."

"Oh, I, uh." I stutter.

"So, I was thinking, maybe you might want to hang out later?" He asks.

Ohmygod! What do I say? "Okay."

"Great. So, I'll see you later?" He smiles kindly.

"Do you, maybe, wanna sit with us at lunch?" I look down.

"Sure," He goes back to writing on his worksheet.

I look at my paper, and drift off into tingling, smiling, welcoming fantasy. Well, come on, I'm eighteen. I should be allowed these few fantasies.

~ "Come on!" He leads me down the path.

"Where are we going?" I can't help but giggle.

"Hurry, we don't have a lot of time." He says, "And I want to show you something!"

The bell, again. It calls me from my fantasy, and back to my very boring reality. ~

"Come on!" He waves, "It's lunch."

I walk ahead of him and catch up with Terri.

"Have you met the new kid yet? I heard he was like, super good looking. And really smart too. And I heard his name was Alex." She rambles on.

"Yeah, I met him. And he's eating lunch with us. High-fives!" I put my hand up, "And all of those are uber true!"

He taps my shoulder. "Where's the lunchroom?"

I blush, "You, uh, you weren't listening to that, were you?"

"The whole thing." He grins.

"Uh, sorry." I look down at my feet.

"Good-looking huh? That's how we rate people here?" He raises an eyebrow.

Terri laughs, "Nope, just you."

"Well, don't I feel special." He smiles.

"I'm Terri," She extends her hand.

"Alex," He shakes her hand and puts his arm around my shoulder.

I blush again, "Uh, I, uh."

"The lunchroom is this way," Terri leads.

We walk in, Terri goes into the lunch line. I immediately go to the table.

"Why don't you eat lunch?" He asks.

"Why don't you?" I counter.

"Touche," He smiles.

I sit down, but not before Alex pulls out a chair for me. What a gentleman.

"So, is Ana short for anything?" He twiddles his thumbs.

"Anastasia," I smile.

"As killed by Rasputin," He raises an eyebrow.

"Exactly," I watch as Terri walks towards us smiling.

Goddamnit brain. Think normally. Be a girl. Think of a guy. But damn, do her hips sway. Swag. Yup. That's it.

~ I part my lips slightly. His arms are around my waist. He pulls me in closer to him. I moan shyly into the kiss. He rubs the small of my back.

"Ana! Come on," A voice calls. ~

Alex smiles at me and extends his arm to help me up, "What's your next class?"

"It's a blue day, so I've got trig next." I push a lock of red-ish orange hair out of my face.

"Same, could you show me where it is?" He smiles.

"Sure," We walk down the hall laughing and talking.

When we get to the classroom, he takes a seat next to me. Like I said, eighty minutes go by fast when you're not paying attention.