Do Miracles Happen? Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We walked to her room and checked on Andrew. He was fine and I turned to leave, she placed her hands on my chest and kissed me again.

"Good night. I'll see you in the morning."

Moving towards the door, our hands held, and loosen as our fingers release, one at a time. I winked at her before I close the door and walk down the hall.

Coming from the kitchen, Gene meets me. "How's Andrew?"

"He's doing great." I hesitate, "Gene, thanks, you've gotten Claire and me talking."

He chuckled. "Sara's playing matchmaker. Thing is, I agree with her. The Lord brought you two together and we think this was the purpose. She needs you, and you need her."

The morning comes and the house is a 'madhouse' as we pack our luggage and put things in the cars. Sara has cereal for breakfast and is feeding us in shifts; Claire and I are searching the house for lost toys and personal items, and then stuffing them in our suitcases. In the Suburban I run across a plastic bucket with sea shells. They're covered with sand and beginning to smell. I know Amy wants these, so take the time to carefully wash each one, dry them and return them to the bucket; which was stowed back under the seat.

The kids are buckled in their seats, Aaron is in my car, for this leg of our journey. I shake hands with Gene and give Sara a hug. Gene gives Claire a hug, followed by Sara and Claire holding on to each other. They'd developed a friendship which was real and honest.

"Will we see you again?" she asks Claire.

"I think you will. You'll see all of us."

They hug again and Sara looks over Claire's shoulder at me. "Bob, she's a 'keeper'."

"You're pushing."

"I know, but it's the right thing. The two of you need to get together. Besides I want to see my friend again."

"Sara," Claire spoke, "we're talking about it. You got us started, let US be the ones to see where this goes. Okay?"

"Okay. I get the hint."

We said our good-bye's and started the long trip back to Denver. I was in a hurry to get back home, there were several things I needed to accomplish, now that Claire and the kids were with me. We made it in a long two days.

The kids were tired when we pulled up to my apartment. I unlocked the door and turned on the heat, returned to the car and helped bring the children and our luggage inside. The place would be rather small for the 5 of us. My plan was for her to stay with me for now, till we could talk things over and know what was best.

I gave her the bedroom and moved my stuff to the front closet. The crib could be set in the corner and the other two on a mat on the floor. I'd take the couch in the front room. Several items of furniture were moved around to accommodate the changes, and I was busy hanging items in the closet and thinking 'tomorrow could be interesting'.

12